PDA

View Full Version : Round 1: Will Fuller, WR, Notre Dame

kw13
29.04.2016, 09:30 AM
Thoughts?

Personally I hate it, for me the most important trait for a receiver is his ability to catch the ball, something that Fuller appears incapable of doing. I get that he compliments Nuk well, but I would have much rather have gone with Tredwell or Doctson.

JOHN_P
29.04.2016, 08:28 PM
Thoughts?

Personally I hate it, for me the most important trait for a receiver is his ability to catch the ball, something that Fuller appears incapable of doing. I get that he compliments Nuk well, but I would have much rather have gone with Tredwell or Doctson.

I like the pick, O'Brien said after the season we was looking at getting some speed into the offense and Fuller provides exactly that, I don't understand some of the hate he's getting for dropping passes, it was only 9 for the whole season, current NFL receivers who I'd consider being good at their position who had similar amount of drops.

Mike Evans had 11 drops in 2015
Ted Ginn Jr had 10
Martavis Bryant had 9
Demaryus Thomas had 9
Julian Edelman had 8

kw13
30.04.2016, 07:02 AM
So round 2 Nick Martin, C, Notre Dame

2nd Notre Dame player of the draft. Having had a night to sleep on it I really like the pick, we needed a C, may as well get a really good one. If Brown can come back healthy the only position on that line I'm worried about is the other guard spot opposite Allen.

Round 3 Braxton Miller, WR, Ohio State

Shocking pick when I first read it, not a need at all, but watching his highlights I can see him being used in a Tavon Austin role, 400 yards in the air, 400 on the ground. Who's for a base 4 WR?

kw13
01.05.2016, 10:54 AM
To round out the draft:

Round 4 Tyler Ervin, RB, San Jose State

Not sure of the purpose of this pick, too early imo for a back up RB.

Round 5 K. J. Dillon, S, West Virginia

Fills a need.

Round 5 D. J. Reader, DT, Clemson

Fills another need, Wilfork's successor.

Disappointed we didn't add a punter from UDFA, but we did get a kicker, John Christian Ka'iminoeauloameka'ikeokekumupa'a Fairbairn