PDA

View Full Version : Atlanta Falcons Thread

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5

Vick to Crumpler
11.02.2005, 06:00 PM
Browsing through the pages and there seems to be no sign of a Atlanta Falcons thread and a lack of Falcons posters, but many other team threads. Although I shall start to talk about all of the Atlanta Falcons news.

To start off I think that in the Draft the Falcons should be looking towards either a Free Safety/Strong Safety to improve the depth of the position as the Falcons ranked below twenty against the pass, although the stat can not always tell the truth as for most of the season the Falcons have been out in front. Or a Middle Linebacker.

How well do you think the Falcons will do next season and will their division foe's give them a challenge?

And the rumours surrounding Randy Moss wanting to play in Atlanta?

Ravens52
11.02.2005, 06:05 PM
do you not have a division thread i feel as though you get more out of them see the AFC north thread and NFC east thread

Swervedriver
11.02.2005, 06:13 PM
Browsing through the pages and there seems to be no sign of a Atlanta Falcons thread and a lack of Falcons posters, but many other team threads. Although I shall start to talk about all of the Atlanta Falcons news.

To start off I think that in the Draft the Falcons should be looking towards either a Free Safety/Strong Safety to improve the depth of the position as the Falcons ranked below twenty against the pass, although the stat can not always tell the truth as for most of the season the Falcons have been out in front. Or a Middle Linebacker.

How well do you think the Falcons will do next season and will their division foe's give them a challenge?

mmm.well he will want someone to actually throw the ball to him

GREENBAYPACKER
11.02.2005, 06:33 PM
yeh not just run at him

Dudley^Bird
11.02.2005, 09:22 PM
Quiet reserved bunch us Falcons fans!. I'd like to see a good OT drafted, despite all the Gibbs later round thing. Vick is THE franchise and needs protection NOW. I too think we need an upgrade at free safety.

Soko
12.02.2005, 09:15 AM
No doubt we have a lot of holes but we can fill them over the next 2 years. Yes people, its a 3 year process with McKay and we'll draft defense again this year.

Needs - FS/MLB/OT/OC/DE/DT This could extend to CB if something miraculous happens on draft day day but I doubt it.

I'd love to pick up Channing Crowder in the first as we cant move Brooking from where he is playing so well right now. DeMorrio Williams will slot in for Matt Stwewart who we let leave and we would have an awesome LB unit. Charchter issues the only problem here.

Then take Ernest Shazor in the second. Another posibbility would be Brodney Poole if he was still around in the first for FS.

Hopefully we'll try and and solve the RT situation in FA by signing Ryan Diem. Vicks blindside is the franchises blindside and I dont want to pay Weiner that big roster bonus he is due either.

Vick to Crumpler
12.02.2005, 01:11 PM
Looking at Atlanta’s schedule for next season and I think it is possible for the Falcons to reach either ten wins or eleven wins like last season.

Division Home and Away.

Tampa Bay Buccaneers - Will prove a tough test for the Falcons but I think that the help of Home field advantage in the Dome will increase the chances of winning. Away from home provides a tougher challenge for the Falcons. Series 1-1.

Carolina Panthers: When Michael Vick has started against the Carolina Panthers the Falcons have always come out on top. If the Panthers learn to contain Vick then I might change my views of a Falcon win. I expect the Panthers to be right up there challenging for the NFC South Divisional crown. Series 2-0.

New Orleans Saints: The biggest question is will the Falcons pass defence be able to prevent Brooks from linking up with Joe Horn like they did in the Superdome last season. Although the division was already won by the time these two teams in December the pass defence has always been the weak link to the Falcons. Series 1-1.

Home Opponents.

Green Bay Packers: Brett Favre is more than likely been under centre for the Packers come next season. If he is or isn’t I would still expect a Falcon win in the Georgia Dome. The Green Bay Packer run defence is probably the frail part of the Packers and running the ball for the Falcons has been no problem leading the NFL in rushing last season. The Falcons rushing combination of Dunn, Vick and Duckett will shred the Packer defence. Verdict: Falcons.

Minnesota Vikings: By far the best offence to visit the Georgia Dome for the 2005 season, that is if Rand Moss still plays for the Vikings. Like the Green Bay Packers the tendency to be the weaker link is the Defence and the Falcons should be able to exploit a defence which has number one picks all over. Verdict: Falcons.

New England Patriots: The reigning Superbowl champions come to Atlanta and I anticipate this to be the only loss of the home campaign for the Falcons. Even though it is rumoured for Ty Law to be leaving the Patriots, Bill Belichek without his compadres of Weis and Crennel will come up with a scheme to help his 3-4 defence confuse Mike Vick. Verdict: Patriots.

New York Jets: The New York Jets offence will be no match for the defence of the Falcons. The Jets only real offensive threat lies in Curtis Martin who for most parts of last year carried the entire Jets offence, the passing game of the Jets in it self is a running game which the Linebacker unit of the Falcons should be able to shut down. The defence of the Jets is most probably the strong point of the Jets with the D-Line being the strongest. But I feel with the maturity of Vick he’d be able to take it to the Jets by obliterating the Jets secondary. Verdict: Falcons.

Philadelphia Eagles: Last years best team in the NFC will pose a hard test for the Falcons but I think with the help of the Fans and the Dome the Falcons will fly high and come up with a impressive victory. Verdict: Falcons.

Away predictions coming soon...

Swervedriver
12.02.2005, 02:23 PM
would you not rather wait until the off season really gets going..so much can happen in that time

BuccaneersUK
12.02.2005, 05:34 PM
Quiet reserved bunch us Falcons fans!. I'd like to see a good OT drafted, despite all the Gibbs later round thing. Vick is THE franchise and needs protection NOW. I too think we need an upgrade at free safety.

Hahahahahahahaha!!

*Continues to laugh uncontrollably hard*

Rich McKay. Not only is he a cap genius, he is also an expert at drafting OTs!

*coughs* Kenyatta Walker *coughs* 14th overall *coughs*

http://www.bucpower.com/rich-mckay.jpg

Hail Mary
12.02.2005, 05:52 PM
You'll be looking to pick up some WRs that can block. ;D

Vick to Crumpler
12.02.2005, 07:21 PM
Would you not rather wait until the off season really gets going.

Good point I'll shall reserve my predictions till a later date. Does any one know where I can find the full list of Un-restricted and Restricted Free Agents from the Falcons? Another question, with Michael Vick signing a ten year deal what are the Cap figures looking like?

Vick to Crumpler
13.02.2005, 10:41 AM
To answer my own question the free agents for the Falcons this off season are:
Ty Detmer (ATL)
Kevin Shaffer (ATL)
Roberto Garza (ATL)
Steve Herndon (ATL)
Martin Bibla (ATL)
Matt Stewart (ATL)
Jamie Duncan (ATL)
Aaron Beasley (ATL)
Jay Feely (ATL)
Allen Rossum (ATL)

I'm not sure which players are restricted or un-restricted. As far as re-signing players goes I would love for Allen Rossum to stay put in Atlanta and try to produce what he managed last season. As for the offensive line players I'm not too sure as I do not evaluate the line much. Jay Feely can have his good days and he can have his bad days. What ones from the above would you re-sign or release? And is there anyone in free agengy that takes your fancy, Jerry Porter maybe?

EyeWitness
22.02.2005, 03:58 PM
To answer your question I'd definetly love to see Allen Rossum and Jay Feely stay put at the falcons, I agree with you saying that feely can have his good days and bad days but I think letting him go would be a big mistake for us.

To answer your other question I don't know all the players currently in free agency is there somewhere I can go to see them all ??

:)

EyeWitness
22.02.2005, 04:44 PM
I managed to get a hold of all the players on free agency, what does everyone think of DE John Abraham as the first player to be drafted into the falcons I had a look at Jerry Porter (Vick to Crumplers Choice) but I dont really think we are in need of a wide reciever right now although he does look like quite a good player I think the players our team could do with just now would be DE, FS,LB,DT,CB,OT, and DL

Vick to Crumpler
22.02.2005, 05:29 PM
John Abraham has been franchised by the New York Jets so no luck there for the Falcons, although Kerney did an excellent job for the Falcons at the Left End position while Brady Smith also had a satisfactory year.

http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/3409786

George Henry says that it is doubtful the Falcons will resign Allen Rossum as his in ability vertical jump because of his size, and will be replaced by DeAngelo Hall for Punt return duty. It also goes on saying about cutting Peerless Price who has defiantly not lived up to his price tag.

How well does everybody think the Falcons will do for next season? Bit pre-mature but what the heck!

EyeWitness
23.02.2005, 03:43 PM
Allen Rossum would be a big loss for us I think but hey DeAngelo Hall might just be able to do a good job for us in Punt return.

I can see the argument about cutting Peerless Price he has really failed to live up to the hype that surrounded him when the Falcons first got him in the team.

If we get in the players to do the job and someone to replace Price should he be cut then I think we can pull off another great season, away to pre-mature really but I stick my neck right out and tip the Falcons for the Playoffs this season, maybe even the superbowl :D fingers crossed

UKBronco
23.02.2005, 05:30 PM
The thing with Gibbs is that his system is perfectly built for a mobile QB, and breaks down when there is a pocket passer behind C.

The OL are only able to contain their players for only a brief period when the QB is stationary, however they use their athleticism when the QB is in motion and this is where they get their 'edge'.

I've seen very little o-line play from the Falcs this year, mainly highlights.

Maybe you falcons faithful can enlighten me further on what you think of your O-line this year.

ukfalc
23.02.2005, 06:29 PM
1. There is NO CHANCE of Randy Moss becoming a falcon, even if the Vikings do decide to trade him (which is far from clear). Even if we had the cap space to absord his huge contract, his bad character and over inflated price (in terms of the picks/players that we'd have to give up) make a deal impossible.

2. The Falcons will cut Travis Hall to save $4m of cap room - unless he agreed to play for veteran mimimum. Eric Beverley, Cory Hall and Todd Weiner are also potnetial cuts for cap reasons.

3. Warrick Dunn may restructure his contract to create cap space.

4. Patrick Kerney may be given a contract extention to free up cap spacethis year.

5. Peerless Price will not be released or traded. The onlyway he leaves is if the returns his signing bonus to faciliatate a move (as David Boston did last year, and Laverneus Coles is rumoured to be doing)

6. The Falcons will draft a defensive player is round 1 - the best player available at DT,DE, OLB, FS or CB

7. Allen Rossum isn't worth a big contract and won't getone from the falcons, beause he is a below average CB.

8. donl;t expect any really BIG free agency moves fromthe falcons. They will focus on 2nd tier players rather than blowing a lot of money on 1 player.

9. Rich Mckay will have another great draft.

10. The Falcons have a very tough home schedule in 2006. Matching last year's 11 wins will be tough, but Mora will settle for nothing less than a SB win.

UKBronco
24.02.2005, 05:17 PM
http://www.accessnorthga.com/news/hall/newfullstory.asp?ID=89589

Alex Gibbs quits as Falcons' line coach

FLOWERY BRANCH - Alex Gibbs has walked away from coaching again, giving up his job with the Atlanta Falcons.

The team announced Wednesday that Gibbs would become a consultant after serving this past season as assistant head coach and offensive line coach on Jim Mora's staff.

Gibbs will be replaced by Jeff Jagodzinski, who last season coached the tight ends. Clancy Barone, assistant offensive line coach under Gibbs, was promoted to tight ends coach.

Gibbs, one of the most respected line coaches in the game, previously left his job with the Denver Broncos because of exhaustion and depression.

After three years in semiretirement, Gibbs got back on the sideline last season. He joined Mora's staff in Atlanta, providing the rookie coach with an experienced right-hand man.

``He's one of the greatest offensive line coaches in the history of the game,'' Mora said at the time.

Gibbs had prickly relations with the media, refusing to do interviews and telling his linemen that only one of them could speak to reporters each week.

But there's no disputing that Gibbs got results. The Falcons won the NFC South only their third division title in 39 years and led the NFL in rushing for the first time with a franchise-record 2,672 yards.

Atlanta advanced to the conference championship game before losing to the Philadelphia Eagles.

In Denver, Gibbs was credited with molding an undersized line into a group that helped the Broncos win two straight Super Bowl championships.

One of his favorite tactics was the cut block, designed to eliminate the backside pursuit but viewed by many defensive linemen as a dirty maneuver.

In a statement, Mora said he will continue to rely on Gibbs and expected the coaching staff to remain one of the best in the league.

``Jags and Clancy are two of the top, young coaches in this league, and I'm thrilled they are part of my staff,'' Mora said. ``I will continue to lean heavily on Alex in all areas of our offensive football preparation because he remains one of the best offensive minds in the game.''

The Falcons also lost assistant general manager Tim Ruskell, who was hired Wednesday as the new president of operations for the Seattle Seahawks.

Ruskell will replace Bob Whitsitt, who was fired last month.

The announcement came a day after Bob Ferguson announced he was resigning as Seattle's general manager.

Ruskell spent most of his career with the Tampa Bay Buccaneers, beginning in 1987. He joined the Falcons in 2004, after Rich McKay, his former boss in Tampa, became president and general manager in Atlanta.

KingdomeUK
24.02.2005, 06:31 PM
http://www.accessnorthga.com/news/hall/newfullstory.asp?ID=89589

The Falcons also lost assistant general manager Tim Ruskell, who was hired Wednesday as the new president of operations for the Seattle Seahawks.

Ruskell will replace Bob Whitsitt, who was fired last month.

The announcement came a day after Bob Ferguson announced he was resigning as Seattle's general manager.

Ruskell spent most of his career with the Tampa Bay Buccaneers, beginning in 1987. He joined the Falcons in 2004, after Rich McKay, his former boss in Tampa, became president and general manager in Atlanta.

What about this part of the article? Anyone devastated or pleased this guy has gone?

ukfalc
24.02.2005, 06:58 PM
Ruskell is a good evaluator of talent. All of the falcons fans that have posted on the team's our message board were very disappointed to see him go, and wanted him to stay around to replace Rich McKay if he becomes the next commissioner.

It will be intereesting to see how he gets on without McKay, and whether he also brings along the Falcons' policy of not drafting or signing any players with charater issues.

EyeWitness
25.02.2005, 02:12 PM
Now that WR Jerry Porter has now signed to a team for the new season who does everyone think we should get in as a WR since it has been announced that Peerless Price may be cut this season?

ukfalc
25.02.2005, 05:38 PM
Price WON't be cut.

Soko
25.02.2005, 05:45 PM
Now that WR Jerry Porter has now signed to a team for the new season who does everyone think we should get in as a WR since it has been announced that Peerless Price may be cut this season?

Price cannot be cut. Impossible roster move which would cripple the team and the salary cap.

EyeWitness
28.02.2005, 10:53 AM
True but going by this article it could be possible http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/3409786 and he really has failed to live up to expectations but I doubt he woulkd be cut if Im honest

Soko
28.02.2005, 02:37 PM
True but going by this article it could be possible http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/3409786 and he really has failed to live up to expectations but I doubt he woulkd be cut if Im honest

He cannot be be cut as the cap hit and dead money carried over would not allow us sign a free agent for the next 2 years. Plus Cory Hall has already been cut and Travis Hall looks like he's on the way too unless he re-structures and takes another paycut.

Dudley^Bird
06.03.2005, 05:40 PM
"Pro Bowl punt return ace Allen Rossum will return to the Falcons after agreeing to a four-year contract, ending his run as an unrestricted free agent"

According to Atlanta Journal Constitution.

Soko
14.03.2005, 08:48 AM
To answer my own question the free agents for the Falcons this off season are:
Ty Detmer (ATL) Dont care what we do with this bum
Kevin Shaffer (ATL) I hate seeing him start, we need a new LT badly
Roberto Garza (ATL) See ya later Roberto
Steve Herndon (ATL) Re-signed
Martin Bibla (ATL) Need to sign him
Matt Stewart (ATL) We need a faster LB but he's still good. Maybe move to MLB
Jamie Duncan (ATL) Signed for depth, dont want to see him on the filed
Aaron Beasley (ATL) Great pick up last year, need to re-sign
Jay Feely (ATL) Finally he's gone
Allen Rossum (ATL) Got him back at a nice price, great move for our ST.

Signed Matt Lehr C/OG, nice move to get that waster Todd McClure off the team hopefully.

ukfalc
03.04.2005, 10:15 AM
Bump.

Dudley^Bird
04.04.2005, 06:50 PM
Last years starting MLB Chris Draft has been released by the Falcons, leaving only Keith Brooking from last seasons starters remaining. With Ed Hartwell as the new MLB, Ike Reese and Demorrio Williams compete for the weakside spot.
Bryan Scott is switching to free safety with Ronnie Heard now listed as starting strong safety. Falcons indicate they may use a 3rd or 4th round pick to draft a strong safety.

Khaled
15.10.2005, 10:44 PM
Well bringing to life an old topic, how do people think the Falcons have faired so far? They're my team but I don't know as much about them (they're O-line for example) cept we need to get a bit tougher up front, a bit better in the secondary, and we're pretty awesome running the ball.

A little info on why I support the Falcons ... i'd never seriously watched the NFL, and then late one night i switched on Five and saw the return match of Michael Vick after his injury. His performance (he rushes and threw like a man possessed) had me so excited about American Football. So i guess despite his critics, Michael Vick is the reason I'm a Falcons fan. Sad no?

ukfalc
16.10.2005, 12:04 AM
We've been a bit disappointing so far, but given our schedule 3-2 is an acceptbale start.

The run defense seems to have taken a major step backwards with the loss of Ed Japser and Travis Hall.On a positive note, we have a lot of young D-linemen and LBs on the roster who that are really highly rated by the coaching staff (Chad Lavalais, Jonathan Babineaux, Chauncey Davis, D'mo Williams, Jordan beck, Mike Boley). Our front 7 should get better and better as the young guys get more experience.

Agaisnt the pass, we rely very heaviliy of our front 4. When they get pressure (which is much more often than not) the secondary is solid. Against the top o-lines we can struggle to get pressure, and in thsoe games the secondary is liable to be picked apart. We need a better starting CB to play opposite Denagelo Hall. D'lo is the only shining light in our secondary, but still has much to learn. Our safeties have been anonymous this season, and we really need to upgrade at least 1 of the safety positions in the off-season. Sadly, injuries have hit the secondary badly this, with the loss of Kevin Mathis and Chris Cash.

Offensively, the running game had been exceptional, with three 200 yard games so far. That has been the key to our 3 wins.

After a shaky starts aganst the eagles, the pass blocking has been solid - and shown a real improvement over last year. Alge Crumpler is having another great season, anddeserves another pro-bowl selection. At WR, Mike Jenkins is showing some promise. He is getting open, but need to do a better job of catching the ball. Dez White is horrrible, and should not be starting. I also have a very good feelign about Roddy White, but will need time to adjust to NFL given that he comes from a small college.

The big question mark on the offensive side of the ball is still Mike Vick and his passing. The question is, whether he can win a game with his arm when the running game struggles or we fall behind. The signs in the second half of the Seattle game were positive, but it is too early to tell. From what I have seen his decison has improved this year and he has generally been efficient throwing the ball, but the passing yardage numbers still aren't impressive, and we need to throw 6-8 times more per game just to get better offensive balance.

pjmurphy3
17.10.2005, 03:18 PM
Are you guys worried about Carpenter and Scott at safety?

Following the Philly game i really felt Keion was back to his ball hawking best but now I think he has to be benched in favour of Ronnie Heard. At the moment it looks like we are playing with no safeties.

I think something has to be done because after spending the last 5 weeks blaming the LB's for the terrible run defense, yesterdays game of big LB plays (Thank you Boley!) showed the problem might be rooted in the secondary and the inability of either carpenter or scott to tackle.

If you are going to play 8 in the box, atlanta better make sure the safety makes his presence felt because otherwise jason webster is going to be left one on one and looking stupid. Maybe moving scott back to SS might bring him back to last seasons pre-injury form as well.

Soko
10.12.2005, 03:33 AM
Bryan Scott has finally been demoted and Ronnie Heard is now starting.

Khaled
30.12.2005, 12:05 AM
So we failed to make the playoffs.

A variety of reasons I guess ... starting games off poorly, having teams run right through us, a tough schedule, a real tough division and really not wrapping up the ball carrier.

How do we improve? We was only one game away from the Superbowl last year and I still think that with a few additions that next year we could be realistic superbowl contenders. The offence has me worried a bit, we're definitely a running team but despite the stats we struggled running the ball in the big games and the pass protection hasnt looked very good for me.

Defensively we missed Smith and Hartwell, but we need to sort the safeties out and i've heard some talk of us taking Huff if he's still avaialble.

morris2k
30.12.2005, 12:24 AM
I would be very happy if we drafted Huff, looks a very good prospect but with him playing in such a big game in the Rose Bowl he could move up the draft board out of our reach if he has a good game.

My main worry though is Vick, its mainly his consistency, the amount of times he fails to make an easy 5 or 7yd pass amazes me, you cant blame all his poor performances on the O Line.

Vick07Falcons
30.12.2005, 01:43 PM
Vick's neglecting his rushing skills at times, and doing quite good at passing the ball. He's just not consistantly passing the ball well AND rushing well too.

I still think we need that big time receiver that can come in and get 1000 yards at least.

Defense let us down this year, and the injuries to Edge and Brady hurt us badly as far as run defense is concerned.

I think we should try and improve our safeties in the offseason.

ukfalc
30.12.2005, 02:03 PM
Vick's neglecting his rushing skills at times, and doing quite good at passing the ball. He's just not consistantly passing the ball well AND rushing well too.

Consuistency has always been Vick's problem. One week he looks like a top QB, the next week he looks like a 7th round rookie playing his first ever game.

The o-line struggled in some games late in the season and the WRs are young, but we have enough talent to be a far more productive passing attack than we have shown. That falls primarily on Vick, although our unbalanced offense and conservaive play-calling do little to help him get in to a rhythm throwing the ball.

deathcon4
30.12.2005, 02:44 PM
did your'e thread get lost or something? someone posted oct 17 and then no one posted again till dec 10? :S

SimonXS
30.12.2005, 04:05 PM

Consuistency has always been Vick's problem. One week he looks like a top QB, the next week he looks like a 7th round rookie playing his first ever game.

The o-line struggled in some games late in the season and the WRs are young, but we have enough talent to be a far more productive passing attack than we have shown. That falls primarily on Vick, although our unbalanced offense and conservaive play-calling do little to help him get in to a rhythm throwing the ball.

Consitancy isnt he problem, its the fact hes worse than most back up QB's! His Passing is appalling, dont blame the o-line!

Soko
30.12.2005, 04:12 PM
I think we'll beat Carolina to be honest and hand it to the Bucs.

Problems are run D, safety play and pass rush. These can hopefully be solved with Hartwells return and drafting a decent pass rusher and safety. We need to be active in FA too to fill needs on the OL but its not all bad. We could be quite easily in the playoffs and we'll be picking in the top 20.

ukfalc
30.12.2005, 04:36 PM

Consitancy isnt he problem, its the fact hes worse than most back up QB's! His Passing is appalling, dont blame the o-line!

...and yet the team still wins 2/3 of its games with him as the QB, and got to the NFCCG last year.

You are talking rubbish.

SimonXS
30.12.2005, 04:37 PM

...and yet the team still wins 2/3 of its games with him as the QB, and got to the NFCCG last year.

You are talking rubbish.

You only got there because vick didnt throw, and was allowed more freedom to run! not because he can pass!

Your last season schedule was 111 - 145, so it wasnt like you were facing tough teams and vick was god.

Now with this years tougher schecdule your seeing vicks true capabilties....... which to be honest isnt that great!

Vick07Falcons
30.12.2005, 06:12 PM

Problems are run D, safety play and pass rush. These can hopefully be solved with Hartwells return and drafting a decent pass rusher and safety. We need to be active in FA too to fill needs on the OL but its not all bad. We could be quite easily in the playoffs and we'll be picking in the top 20.

Coleman and Kerney are pretty good pass rushers though.

Vick07Falcons
30.12.2005, 06:13 PM

You are talking rubbish.

You only got there because vick didnt throw, and was allowed more freedom to run! not because he can pass!

Your last season schedule was 111 - 145, so it wasnt like you were facing tough teams and vick was god.

Now with this years tougher schecdule your seeing vicks true capabilties....... which to be honest isnt that great!

We took a lot of bad injuries to key players, you can't say that its entirely Vick's fault that we didn't make the playoffs.

Soko
30.12.2005, 06:22 PM

We need more than that. Once Smith went down so did our season so I'm hoping for an early DE from the draft. Without we are really screwed.

Coleman and Kerney are pretty good pass rushers though.

Vick07Falcons
30.12.2005, 06:26 PM
If our line stays healthy then its not a problem, personally we need safety help more. On defense at least.

Soko
30.12.2005, 06:28 PM
Brady Smith is coming off a serious toe injury and is well over 30, it is a very big problem.

Safety help is obviously needed and will be addressed without a shadow of a doubt.

Reevzee
31.12.2005, 12:44 PM
http://www.motivational-celebrity-speakers.com/players/michaelvick.gif

Is he worth the money that you're paying him?

Will he ever be as good as you want him to be?

pjmurphy3
31.12.2005, 03:31 PM

Difficult question because he is getting paid so much! Currently not worth the money he is getting but if the question is would I rather have someone else: no way.

He has made some real improvement this year in the passing game. We should have beaten Tampa twice this year if it wasn't for ridiculous defensive performances in the last 2 minutes. (conceeding a game-tying TD on each ocassion). I also firmly believe we should have beaten Seattle had the team showed up in the first half. Having travelled over to the chicago game, i also have to say the teams were evenly matched.

I think the main problem with this team is arrogance. From Mora to Vick to Hartwell and Duckett, they all adopt an attitude of - we dont repect you because we are better than you. The last two are hilarious as Hartwell has shown nothing as MLB in the 4-3 prior to injury and Duckett, dont even get me started. At soldier field i watched as he and Fred McCrary (backup fullback) spent all of warmups dancing to stadium music and shouting at the bears fans. Yes that right it was duckett who couldnt make a yard on third and fourth down - fail to prepare, prepare to fail and all that...

Dont get me wrong - a winning season should not dissapoint people. This is a young team who WILL make a superbowl - then lets have the "we are better than you attitude".

Vick07Falcons
31.12.2005, 05:41 PM
Duckett's our short yardage guy, and he does a damn good job of it for the most part.

Hartwell was decent, but when him and Brady got injured, our defense, especially run defense, was ripped to shreds.

ukfalc
31.12.2005, 06:10 PM

No. To be honest I'm not sure whether any player is worth $13m a season - and that includes Peyton Manning. Mike Vick certianly isn't.

SimonXS
31.12.2005, 06:21 PM

No. To be honest I'm not sure whether any player is worth $13m a season - and that includes Peyton Manning. Mike Vick certianly isn't.

Peyton is clearly worth 13m!
How many other QB's have his regular season stats? You certainly wouldnt get the same results from vick throwing for them!!

Vick07Falcons
31.12.2005, 06:24 PM
Vick's got more potential than Delhomme, so I don't know why you're ripping on Vick apart from being a Panthers fan. Lol. ;D

Orange County
02.01.2006, 06:54 PM
Anyone got any ideas on which players will be available in free agency, which would suit the Falcons?

And as for the draft which players are we looking at drafting? (Don't follow college football much sorry)

Vick07Falcons
02.01.2006, 07:06 PM
For the draft, i've read about how we might get either Michael Huff(CB) or Tamba Hali(DE).

http://www.nfldraftcountdown.com/scoutingreports/de/tambahali.html

I can't find a scouting report on Huff, but oh well. Hali sounds like a good player, and he'll probably be the best DE we have a shot at, since Mathius Kiwanuka and Mario Williams are bound to go top 10.

Soko
02.01.2006, 07:09 PM
We can get Kiwanuka. He's top of my wish list.

Vick07Falcons
02.01.2006, 07:25 PM
I doubt he's gonna slip down as far as our pick.

pjmurphy3
03.01.2006, 10:50 AM
For the draft, i've read about how we might get either Michael Huff(CB) or Tamba Hali(DE).

http://www.nfldraftcountdown.com/scoutingreports/de/tambahali.html

I can't find a scouting report on Huff, but oh well. Hali sounds like a good player, and he'll probably be the best DE we have a shot at, since Mathius Kiwanuka and Mario Williams are bound to go top 10.

My knowledge of Huff is limited to what ive seen on NASN but basically he is the best of Texas' speedy secondary. He primarily plays safety but also interchanges to play corer on some downs. Texas seem mix their secondary up like this a lot. He will be the man assigned to Reggie Bush in the Rose Bowl which should be the biggest test a college safety could have surely...?

Another possible is Darnell Bing (USC). Hard hitting and useful in coverage.

Orange County
14.01.2006, 03:52 PM
What are the chances of Gregg Knapp being the offensive coordinator in Atlanta come next season? Or will the Falcons just stick with the west coast system for another year?

Khaled
14.01.2006, 05:05 PM
I havent heard much to suggest Knapp will be gone ... although a lot of Falcon fans really aren't happy with him.

We'll probably continue to use the system ... whether or not its the right decision I'm not qualified to say.

pjmurphy3
16.01.2006, 10:17 AM
What are the chances of Gregg Knapp being the offensive coordinator in Atlanta come next season? Or will the Falcons just stick with the west coast system for another year?

I would say he will still be there. People give to much significance to the WCO. Our offense is just one of the many variations of it. If you dont complete easy passes it really isnt going to matter what offense you use.

Soko
16.01.2006, 10:24 PM
Of course Knapp will stay, he's best buds with Mora ffs.

Connor95
17.02.2006, 01:41 PM
What do we need to address during the draft and FA fellow falconians?
DB- Hopefully Jimmy Williams in the draft and archuleta in FA if we have the cap space
OL- we need at least 2 draft picks spent here and maby a vet in FA LeCharles Bentley would be nice cap permitting again Vick NEEDS some pass protection.

Anything else?

Soko
17.02.2006, 01:48 PM
There will be very little done through FA, maybe a safety not named Archuleta.

We'll draft the best defensive on the board IMO, whether that is Huff, Williams, Hali - they'll be a Falcon. I'd like us to trade down if Huff and Williams are gone though as I dont want anothe rookie DE manning the right hand side.

I think we ,ay draft an OL in the third and if someone high on the board is there in the second then maybe there. We cant afford Bentley this year.

Connor95
17.02.2006, 02:59 PM
Its a bit of a shame with the cap sitution how much is talentless price costing us this year? To make a run at the superbowl we definitly need major strenghtening in certain areas. People our talking obout our linebackers but I think we have a solid group especially if hartwell stays fit IMO DB is our biggest concern if we get the best DB on the board and Bing falls to us in the second round Id be well chuffed

passrush
08.03.2006, 11:09 AM
I believe Priceless has a cap hit of $5.1m this year, which is scandalous, frankly, considering what he "achieved" in his time at the Falcons.
IMHO we should be looking to upgrade primarily the safeties (both FS and SS), then a #2 CB to complement D'lo, a DE to bolster the line, and maybe a DT from either the draft or a nice FA if one's cheap enough. That's my $0.02.

Soko
08.03.2006, 11:40 AM
I believe Priceless has a cap hit of $5.1m this year, which is scandalous, frankly, considering what he "achieved" in his time at the Falcons.
IMHO we should be looking to upgrade primarily the safeties (both FS and SS), then a #2 CB to complement D'lo, a DE to bolster the line, and maybe a DT from either the draft or a nice FA if one's cheap enough. That's my $0.02.

Pretty much plus a guard and center.

passrush
08.03.2006, 12:12 PM

Pretty much plus a guard and center.

Yeah, and maybe a LT if Schaffer (sp?) leaves in FA. The OL as a whole could do with an upgrade, but I guess they can't do everything at once...

Connor95
08.03.2006, 12:19 PM
Hopefully well get Jimmy Williams and Darnell Bing in the First two rounds and thats the secondry shored up we are in desperate need of pass protection as it seems any lump can zone block thats got to be the next priority

passrush
08.03.2006, 12:59 PM
it seems any lump can zone block

I remember a discussion similar to this from the AF forum not to long ago. Since Knapp's zone-blocking system seems to be able to make good linemen from the average linemen we draft/sign, why not give him good linemen to begin with, then they'll make GREAT linemen! There really is no point investing $100+ million in the franchise QB and then using dross to protect him. If memory serves our OL is made up predominantly of 7th round after-thoughts, drafted low and upgraded slightly by the scheme we run.
With Shaffer leaving we'll be upgrading the LT to a 5th round pick in the shape of Frank Omiyale (assuming no upgrade is forthcoming in the draft/FA), but Vick's blindside (RT in this case) is still "protected" by the Weiner.
Whilst the line do a reasonable job, a lot of MV's problems, IMO, are caused by poor OL play.

Connor95
08.03.2006, 01:09 PM
couldnt agree more passrush absolutly spot on what we need are lineman who are predominantly pass protectors because it has been shown that the run protection side of things can be taught effectivly

Soko
08.03.2006, 01:31 PM
I liked Jeff Jagodzinskis comments when he went to Green Bay from being our TE coach - he stated that the OL talent in GB is far superior to that in Atlanta yet we have the top rushing offense in the league. Imagine what Gibbs would to if we had some players. The coaching staff have faith in Omiyale and some fool is going to get caught into signing Schaffer. I cant stress enough how happy I am he is gone.

Dudley^Bird
13.03.2006, 09:42 PM
Glad to see Brian Finneran signed to a four year contract. Nice to have such a great pair of hands to rely on again, always comes up with the tough catch.

Soko
13.03.2006, 09:49 PM
some fool is going to get caught into signing Schaffer.

The Browns took it with no vaseline right there.

Getting Finneran inked is good news. We still badly need a safety from FA though.

pjmurphy3
14.03.2006, 10:53 AM
I think a lot of the oline issues are that Gibbs requires a lighter quicker player to execute the zone blocking scheme. The kind of player scouts rank highly will generally be too static i think. This is a factor in pass protection too. Its very difficult to block for your QB when he is running all over the place and you have your back to him if you are a big bulldozer time like Pace or Jones. I do agree that its really frustrating and somehting needs to be changed though.

In terms of safety, there has been a lot of talk of Lawyer Milloy. Any opinions?

Connor95
14.03.2006, 12:56 PM
Fair point but when MV stays in the pocket he just doesnt get the time to work through his progressions properly something needs to be done if Knapp is serious about running a WCO properly. Id prfer demps to milloy if hes still available

Soko
14.03.2006, 01:03 PM
I'd take any saftey that is a sure tackler and can learn the defense quickly. We will be taking a safety early unless we sign 2 in FA so he's going to have to be able to show our new young safety the ropes, I think Milloy could do that job for us.

The more I look at the draft the deeper it gets for me. We should defintely be able to pick up 2 quality defenders on day one and maybe a RB/G/T.

pjmurphy3
14.03.2006, 02:45 PM
prfer demps to milloy if hes still available

Im pretty sure demps is still around. Plus he does his talking on the field rather than off it which could be what the team needs with so many egos currently. Milloy has been cut twice in the last 3 seasons as well which concerns me slightly.

Did anyone hear anymore about the Duckett/McAllister trade. I know their was some talk of it being just a rumour printed in a rag newspaper in baltimore but maybe there isnt smoke without fire...?

Reevzee
14.03.2006, 09:38 PM
I know it's said every off season but I have a gut feeling that Micheal Vick will have a break out year. I completely understand if you disagree but I feel the kid has come through alot and is finally going to produce.

Here's to hoping anyway............

http://media.scout.com/Media/Image/26/260735.jpg

When he gets going he's unstoppable!

Connor95
14.03.2006, 11:29 PM
Christ someone on these forums that rates vick and isnt a falcons fan! Whatever next?

winkywoo
27.03.2006, 11:49 AM
Any Falcons fans answer a quick question?

I'm in Moscow with work at the moment and was out wandering on Saturday and found a Reebok store. I stepped in to check it out as I could see some NFL merchandise.

Anyone explain why the only team (except for one Chiefs Cap) that they seemed to stock in either game or casual wear was the Falcons- and even more strange almost all daubed with no.68.

Is Tate that big a star? Or does he have a secret soviet history ;)

I'm assuming it's popularity as opposed to whenever I see Bills merchandise I assume it's because of lack of popularity!!

pjmurphy3
27.03.2006, 03:41 PM
Its a new Reebok thing. We have it in Ireland too where Reebok have launched Falcons and Cowboys "leisure wear"?!?

Falcons colours are purple and grey and the cowboys are done in orange for some reason! And they both have numbers with virtually no relevance.

If it came from some cheap euro manufacturer id understand, but Reebok!

winkywoo
28.03.2006, 05:42 AM
Cowboys I can almost understand given the history but I'm struggling to see behind the choice of Falcons (no disrespect intended - I would think the same if they picked the Bills!)

You would have thought that 'leisure wear' would appeal more to the prawn sandwich brigade...

psj3809
28.03.2006, 07:41 AM
I know it's said every off season but I have a gut feeling that Micheal Vick will have a break out year. I completely understand if you disagree but I feel the kid has come through alot and is finally going to produce.

What has he come through ? To come through a lot i would think of someone like Jim Plunkett or Rich Gannon, Plunkett a former high pick, disguarded by teams, finally gets his last chance. Gannon was nothing more than a decent backup for much of his career then turned in many All Pro years.

Vick has had one bad injury and i cant see what else he has come through. Perhaps if he hadnt 'allegedly' slept with that woman then he would have got a lot less crap.

We're not all anti Vick at all, Vick in his second season was it was brilliant going all the way to the NFC Game but the way the media (i wouldnt say the fans) hype up Vick its ridiculous. Vick has a brilliant rushing attack with Dunn/Duckett to help him out so i'm surprised he doesnt put up much better numbers or wins. Every year i hear excuses about the coaches/WR's/game plan etc, sooner of later i think Vick may be forced to leave town. Big year for Vick to make it to the playoffs. The Falcs have on paper a great d-line now and have made some good additions, big year for the Falcs

pjmurphy3
28.03.2006, 09:15 AM
Every year i hear excuses about the coaches/WR's/game plan etc, sooner of later i think Vick may be forced to leave town. Big year for Vick to make it to the playoffs. The Falcs have on paper a great d-line now and have made some good additions, big year for the Falcs

Agree 100% with the last comment. Huge year for Falcons. The schedule is tough but we have got to be looking at a deep playoff run. Especially now that Mora has got his contract guaranteed. No excuses. Vick has a good crop of young receivers, two safety nets in Crumpler and Finneran and the last year(s) of Dunn at his prime.

However, the new CBA has virtually ensured that Vick will never leave town. To trade him or cut him would be impossible cap wise.

pjmurphy3
01.05.2006, 08:03 PM
How do other Falcon fans feel the draft went?

Love the Jimmy Williams pick at 37. Dont know much about jerious norwood but from what ive read he seems like a useful project. The same goes for Quinn Ojinnaka. McKay says he was targeted as a good scheme fit. After that im not so sure though. Taking Jennigs was a wasted pick imo. I understand there is a need for a return man other than Rossum (at the end of the season Finneran and Duckett were returning kicks!!!) but i think this could have been adressed later. Shockley i believe is pick for atlanta locals and nothing more. I am basing this somewhat on having read the new book "The Draft" by Pete Williams where McKay emphasises the importance of having some local college players so the community can root for the local guy so to speak. Although under NFL geography it looks like Virginia is being relocated to atlanta!

I think this team is on a tightrope now. On one side is a superbowl contender and on the other is 8-8 mediocrity again. The thing pushing the team either side is injuries.

There is no depth at RDE or safety. Mathis im ok with as a safety. Omare Lowe - im not ok with on a football field.

The O-line is a risk. 3 newcomers in Gandy, Omiyale (didnt play last year) and Ojinnaka. Lost Shaffer and Stokes. Do we think they will be good enough? We cant fill every need with free agents especially if we are still looking at DT help.

Soko
01.05.2006, 09:16 PM
How do other Falcon fans feel the draft went?

Love the Jimmy Williams pick at 37. Dont know much about jerious norwood but from what ive read he seems like a useful project. The same goes for Quinn Ojinnaka. McKay says he was targeted as a good scheme fit. After that im not so sure though. Taking Jennigs was a wasted pick imo. I understand there is a need for a return man other than Rossum (at the end of the season Finneran and Duckett were returning kicks!!!) but i think this could have been adressed later. Shockley i believe is pick for atlanta locals and nothing more. I am basing this somewhat on having read the new book "The Draft" by Pete Williams where McKay emphasises the importance of having some local college players so the community can root for the local guy so to speak. Although under NFL geography it looks like Virginia is being relocated to atlanta!

I think this team is on a tightrope now. On one side is a superbowl contender and on the other is 8-8 mediocrity again. The thing pushing the team either side is injuries.

There is no depth at RDE or safety. Mathis im ok with as a safety. Omare Lowe - im not ok with on a football field.

The O-line is a risk. 3 newcomers in Gandy, Omiyale (didnt play last year) and Ojinnaka. Lost Shaffer and Stokes. Do we think they will be good enough? We cant fill every need with free agents especially if we are still looking at DT help.

My thoughts.......

Jimmy williams was a guy I wanted at #15 so to get him and Abraham is beyond expectations. I also believe we have allowed for the VT factor here to team up with D Hall as Williams was a far better college player with Hall alongside him.

You'll love Norwood. Very humble, grounded and has the abilty to find the crease and go. excellent out of the backfield too which is something they want to incorporate if Vick will stop overthrowing the check offs to Dunn.

Quinn Ojinnaka - the same as Omiyale last year and looks like he can move on tape, will be a guard I suspect despite what McKay claims. This is still a troublesome spot even though I cannot stress how happy I am Shaffer is gone.

Jennings looks like a nice returner but will never see the field the field as a WR. If he can take this job and prevent Finneran and Duckett ever returning kicks then this will be a good pick depsite my derision when it was made.

Shockley is pretty interesting as all my UGA buddies salivate over him and he's a home town boy. Schaub is gone next year so if he can step it up then a 7th rounder is not bad. He's got a half decent deep ball but he needs a lot of work. Only a 1 year starter because of Greene so we shouldn't hold that against him.

Overall we've not done much for depth but its ok. 3 starters and a guy who I reckon will see the field more than you think in Norwood. If Jennings recreates his KR abilty and makes the team then its been a good draft.

Khaled
01.05.2006, 09:34 PM
Im very undecided on our draft.

If you include Abraham and Crocker in things then it looks a lot better.

Williams was an excellent pick up and was expecting him to be our number 15 pick before the Abraham stuff. Norwood I like what Im hearing about. He looks a good fit for our team and its good we have a guy that with time could build into an eventual replacement for Dunn.

Ojinnaka Im not hearing such good things about. Doesnt play aggressive and isnt particularly strong which is a worry. He's quick but will he help our pass protection in the future? Seems like a longshot project.

I dont like the pick of Jennings at all. A kick returner? Come on we have Rossum, and we have Hall and Cobb that can return kicks as well (and im hearing Norwood can). Seems like a wasted pick to me.

Shockley should make a good back up to Vick down the line ... its worth a shot.

Soko
01.05.2006, 09:50 PM
Im very undecided on our draft.

If you include Abraham and Crocker in things then it looks a lot better.

Williams was an excellent pick up and was expecting him to be our number 15 pick before the Abraham stuff. Norwood I like what Im hearing about. He looks a good fit for our team and its good we have a guy that with time could build into an eventual replacement for Dunn.

Ojinnaka Im not hearing such good things about. Doesnt play aggressive and isnt particularly strong which is a worry. He's quick but will he help our pass protection in the future? Seems like a longshot project.

I dont like the pick of Jennings at all. A kick returner? Come on we have Rossum, and we have Hall and Cobb that can return kicks as well (and im hearing Norwood can). Seems like a wasted pick to me.

Shockley should make a good back up to Vick down the line ... its worth a shot.

Why would you not include Abraham and Crocker, they are our 1st and 4th round picks and 2 established NFL starters. Add Jimmy Williams and we immediately get 3 new starters on defense, whats not too like about that?

Norwood is perfect. I cant say much more but wait untill August.

Ojinnaka, who knows but the progression of Omiyale will determine this. I do know that Alex Gibbs knows an awful lot more about OL play than any commenting on this kid.

Rossum is a bum and maybe cut if Jennings looks good. I hope you were joking about Cobb and putting our ProBowl CB back to return kicks.

So whats there to be undecided about? We only picked 5 players, 1 a guaranteed starter as a steal, another an eventual replacemen to our RB and a project OL. A KR which if he makes the team is a great choice and a home town back up QB in the 7th. Not too bad considering we had to give up our spare 3rd rounder to snag Williams and it was well worth it IMO.

Reevzee
02.05.2006, 09:33 AM
How about picking up Marcus? Keep up the VT connection! ;)

pjmurphy3
02.05.2006, 11:05 AM
I accept the point about the o-line. Its one of the few positions that the average fan really knows very little about. Im more than happy for Gibbs to be select scheme fit players. He's been doing it well for years.

Interesting point about Rossum. I think you could be right. He has been injured a lot recently and with cash as a 4CB, if Jennings makes the roster Rossum could be the odd one out. I still think jennings was a huge reach though.

As for Marcus Vick - dont laugh. What Mike wants, Mike gets. I just really hope he doesnt want his brother and from hearing Marcus in the media last year saying he hated being overshadowed by Mike, id say Atlanta is the last place he would want to be!

pjmurphy3
01.08.2006, 08:11 AM
So Finneran on IR. What do you guys think? Will Jenkins and Roddy be enough with Pathon and Jennings picking up the scraps or do the falcons need to bring someone in. Who?

Connor95
01.08.2006, 10:34 AM
The only wideouts of note that I think are still available are Az Hakim and..............Dez White ;D. Not a whole lot of options unfortunatly. Some one from the parctice squad will have to stand up and be counted. Who was that WR we sighned from the Arena football league?

psj3809
01.08.2006, 11:51 AM
As for Marcus Vick - dont laugh. What Mike wants, Mike gets. I just really hope he doesnt want his brother and from hearing Marcus in the media last year saying he hated being overshadowed by Mike, id say Atlanta is the last place he would want to be!

Well Atlanta didnt chase him when he was a FA before he went to Miami which was a good move by the Falcons. I wouldnt go near Marcus Vick at all. Be terrible if Atlanta bow to Vick yet again and sign his brother

morris2k
01.08.2006, 12:24 PM
The only wideouts of note that I think are still available are Az Hakim and..............Dez White ;D. Not a whole lot of options unfortunatly. Some one from the parctice squad will have to stand up and be counted. Who was that WR we sighned from the Arena football league?

The falcons message board reckons the Falcons have contacted Ricky Proehl about possibly signing.

Roque
01.08.2006, 12:38 PM
What Mike wants, Mike gets. I just really hope he doesnt want his brother

Not really NFL related but I see what you're saying.

Khaled
01.08.2006, 01:01 PM
Proehl looks like being brought in. Solid and dependable and will catch the ball when thrown his way. How tall is he though? Vick likes his big receivers.

UKNiner
02.08.2006, 09:16 PM
New GBNFLR columnist Andrew Donnelly takes a look at if this year is your year!

www.gbnflr.vze.com (http://www.gbnflr.vze.com)

falcon_91
09.08.2006, 10:46 PM
are WR corps will step up especially the 2 starters..i hope and pray that we dont go for leile dressing room cancer as he will only be a 3rd WR

on our o-line i watched a video on th efalcs website a couple of weeks ago about weight training and it said that Matt Lehr was doing 160 dumbells with ease !!! Wayne Gandy will improve us and it should do better than last year but its hardly gonna be spectactular either

CRAIGFALCONS
14.08.2006, 06:17 PM
May only be pre-season but it's always nice to win. So far Koenen seems as if he'll be multi-tasking this season, making 4 for 4 on field goal duty. D.J Shockley looked impressive by keeping calm in the 2 minute drill in which he lead the Falcons down the field, setting up the winning field goal. With Randell looking decent as a player also, would the Falcons consider the possibility of keeping two rookie quarterbacks on the roster? And according to Mora, Hall will be a good number 3 reciever, should be interesting to see!

And... Bring on the season already! ;D

Reevzee
23.08.2006, 10:37 PM
Hey guys! Who's your number 1 WR now?

CRAIGFALCONS
24.08.2006, 06:36 PM
At the moment (I think) it is still Michael Jenkins, but he should be spending more time in the slot reciever position. As he does well in coming over the middle, whilst both Roddy and Ashley run Fly routes on the outside.

http://images.nfl.com/photos/img8762391.jpg

CRAIGFALCONS
27.08.2006, 12:17 PM
T.J Who? Jerious Norwood is where it is at people! Rushing for over 100 yards last night against the Titans all be it the Pre-season but even that is a rare feat.

Vick seems to be adjusting more so to the west coast system, 7-14 for 48 yards and one touchdown, although it could have been 11-14 for 70 yards and two touchdowns. But that's what the pre-season is for, correcting the mistakes early on.

Soko
27.08.2006, 12:57 PM
Things are progressing slowly but its good to see the run D improve without Jackson. I've always been confident about this season and so far not too much has put me off.

CRAIGFALCONS
30.08.2006, 09:37 PM
Have any of you seen the Freddy Mac show on AtlantaFalcons.com? It's Full Back Freddy McCray interviewing random players in the locker room. It is to say the least quite amusing! And man o' man he has got some personality, check it out every Wednesday.

;D

Dawkins#20
01.09.2006, 12:36 AM
your right about Jerious Norwood i was watching that game went out and signed him to my fantasy team straight away. hes just all over the place on speacil teams aswell.

hes having a good night now aswell. 6 runs for 70 yards in the first quarter. doubt he'll play any more though

morris2k
01.09.2006, 01:02 AM
Ive not seen him play yet but taking into consideration its only preseason hes numbers so far looks impressive.

CRAIGFALCONS
02.09.2006, 10:18 PM
Chris just search for Jerious Norwood on Youtube.com and you should be able to find some highlights of him from this pre-season.

In fact here are two for you now: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hs4uHvksJgA

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q1XYypnklbg

CRAIGFALCONS
02.09.2006, 10:21 PM
From Atlanta Falcons Official Website, here are the roster cuts.

Falcons make 22 moves to get to 53-man roster limit
September 1, 2006

Falcons 53-Man Roster|Depth Chart

The Atlanta Falcons announced today that they have made 22 moves to trim their roster to the NFL's mandatory 53-player limit.

The Falcons have waived: WR Troy Bergeron, DT Michael Bozeman, C Toby Cecil, T Shawn Draper, FB Kevin Dudley, WR Jamin Elliott, C Brian Ferentz, RB Marlion Jackson, K Miro Kesic, DT Chad Lavalais, T Chris McGee, DE Josh Mallard, FB John Pannozzo, WR Jerome Pathon, WR Robert Redd, TE Jason Randall, DE Josh Savage, CB Leigh Torrence, S Nick Turnbull, LB Travis Williams, P Tony Yelk.

The Falcons have also placed CB Chris Cash on the team's Injured Reserve list.

The Falcons may establish up to an eight-player practice squad, consisting of rookie or first-year players, starting on Sunday, September 3, at 12:00 (noon).

Atlanta will play its first regular season game against the Carolina Panthers September 10 at 1:00 p.m. at Bank of America Stadium.

SteButt
18.09.2006, 11:09 PM
Right then you mutha-hubbards, you better not spoil our party on Monday night!!!

Actually I think you might, not sure we can deal with all that running threat, it's going to be a tall order. If the Falcons were to go 3-0 having beaten all 3 divisional opponents you would really be in the driving seat - so why is it so quiet???

smw2020
18.09.2006, 11:46 PM
All about the read option back in the NFL

Jay Jenkins
23.09.2006, 12:06 PM
it's going to be a cracking monday night game if you ask me;)

Borat
23.09.2006, 12:29 PM
Hi everybody. I doubt any of you noticed but a couple of weeks back I made my first post on here asking for someone to help me decide between the Pats and the Falcons. Well guess who won ;)

So just sayin hi to everyone whose on the same team, good to meet ya etc.

Can't wait for the MNF game, hoping the D can shut Reggie Bush right down again and Mike Vick can continue progressing. Will be staying up ta watch of course even with college the next morning. :D

Vicktim Number 7
30.10.2006, 12:40 AM
cmon Falcons... 5 and 2 and Vick is actually *dare i say it* starting to play with a little more consistency

SAFCBear
30.10.2006, 08:17 PM
Well I've just finished watching the Durty Bords @ Cincy and I'm a bit confused.

The Falcons QB looked like Vick, ran like Vick, wore 7 on his back and looked like he needed some Zovirex but he was doing something funny with the ball when it came out of his hand in a passing motion...

He looked good, very good. His touch was excellent, his reads were excellent and everything looked smooth and controlled.

Can anyone help me out ;).

Vicktim Number 7
31.10.2006, 12:08 AM
Well I've just finished watching the Durty Bords @ Cincy and I'm a bit confused.

The Falcons QB looked like Vick, ran like Vick, wore 7 on his back and looked like he needed some Zovirex but he was doing something funny with the ball when it came out of his hand in a passing motion...

He looked good, very good. His touch was excellent, his reads were excellent and everything looked smooth and controlled.

lol... thats becuase Vick went back to high school and they had him in front of black board with a teacher saying...

Teacher - "this is called a pass Vick"

Vick - "a scramble"

Teacher - "no a pass"

Vick - "a scramble"

that conversation carried on for 3 straight hours

SAFCBear
31.10.2006, 12:09 AM

lol... thats becuase Vick went back to high school and they had him in front of black board with a teacher saying...

Teacher - "this is called a pass Vick"

Vick - "a scramble"

Teacher - "no a pass"

Vick - "a scramble"

that conversation carried on for 3 straight hours

;D ;D ;D

Vicktim Number 7
04.11.2006, 11:41 AM
hopefully against the Lions Vick can use his new talent... that being passing to rip apart the Lions...

saying that the Falcons running game should also demolish the Lions D...

but we'll see...

Borat
04.11.2006, 11:52 AM
Vick is showing more glimpses than ever of the talent we traded up to pick in a draft including prolific talents like LT. If he can carry on working on his passing and also his ability to read a D and work out when it is actually best to bust off a 20 yard run, then we could be real contenders pretty damn soon.
I still don't like the WRs we've got but I love that D. On paper at least. ;)

Vicktim Number 7
04.11.2006, 11:57 AM
Vick is showing more glimpses than ever of the talent we traded up to pick in a draft including prolific talents like LT. If he can carry on working on his passing and also his ability to read a D and work out when it is actually best to bust off a 20 yard run, then we could be real contenders pretty damn soon.

well for the most part at least our WR's can catch the damn ball ;D

lets just hope Vick doesnt get cocky and go for some scrambles against the Lions

Vick07Falcons
04.11.2006, 12:32 PM

well for the most part at least our WR's can catch the damn ball ;D

lets just hope Vick doesnt get cocky and go for some scrambles against the Lions

Cocky, what are you talking about?

He's been doing it for the majority of his career, and he's damn good at it aswell. He just needs to learn when it's time to scramble and when it's time to dump it off to someone.

Vicktim Number 7
04.11.2006, 12:40 PM
He just needs to learn when it's time to scramble and when it's time to dump it off to someone.

thats what I mean...

I hope it doesnt get cocky and go for the scramble when a simple pass is all we need

I know hes a great scrambler... ;D at times

Soko
04.11.2006, 04:22 PM
He just needs to learn when it's time to scramble and when it's time to dump it off to someone.

thats what I mean...

I hope it doesnt get cocky and go for the scramble when a simple pass is all we need

Go for the scramble? Wtf are you talking about?

Vicktim Number 7
04.11.2006, 04:39 PM

thats what I mean...

Go for the scramble? Wtf are you talking about?

meh w.e

I just hope we beat the Lowly Lions, wow thats catchy

Khaled
25.12.2006, 03:18 PM
Where now then?

It's looking increasingly likely that Mora and co could be on their way out.

Personnel wise what do we do, but perhaps more importantly if Mora is to go, then who comes in. I;ve heard two names that I like a lot in Whisenhunt and Cameron thrown around. Two offensive guru's ... one of them exactly what this team is looking for perhaps.

Riggo
25.12.2006, 03:50 PM
When is somebody going start Vick at tail back instead of QB?

Khaled
25.12.2006, 04:09 PM
When is somebody going start Vick at tail back instead of QB?

If ever there was a response that deserved the following, then this is it

Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Riggo
25.12.2006, 09:34 PM
Why do you say that when Vick has achieved what every QB in the NFL really wants: lots of rushing yards.

nfl_harwich_rob
25.12.2006, 09:37 PM
Surely it's the dual-threat that makes Vick so effective on the ground. I really don't think he'd make a good running back.

Soko
26.12.2006, 01:22 PM
It's looking increasingly likely that Mora and co could be on their way out.

They were gone weeks ago. The team has compeltely quit on him, he really is a dreadful HC

A complete overhaul from top to bottom please. The fact that it took them untill this late in the season to finally start Jimmy Williams even after Mathis and Webster went down says it all. There is no excuse for this sub standard coaching in every department and an entire new coaching staff is in order.

morris2k
27.12.2006, 04:16 PM
Putting all the coaching issues to one side is anyone concerned with Vicks perfromances this year ?, now I know there are many issues that contribute to his stats like poor receivers, losing one of his key possesion receivers Finneran before the season etc etc etc. Its just once again Vicks completion percentage is very poor.

Vick has completed 52.4 % of his passes so far this season, I mean if you compare him to qb's that have thrown a similar amount of passes, this is how they compare;

Leinart 56.8
Harrington 57.5
JP Losman 62.9
C Frye 63.4

I mean the qb's above aren't great & maybe apart from leinart they dont have great receivers.

What do people think ??

O-Line
27.12.2006, 04:30 PM
Putting all the coaching issues to one side is anyone concerned with Vicks perfromances this year ?, now I know there are many issues that contribute to his stats like poor receivers, losing one of his key possesion receivers Finneran before the season etc etc etc. Its just once again Vicks completion percentage is very poor.

Vick has completed 52.4 % of his passes so far this season, I mean if you compare him to qb's that have thrown a similar amount of passes, this is how they compare;

Leinart 56.8
Harrington 57.5
JP Losman 62.9
C Frye 63.4

I mean the qb's above aren't great & maybe apart from leinart they dont have great receivers.

What do people think ??

how can you say that cleveland doesnt have a great set of receiving corps ?

T-Rac
04.01.2007, 03:34 PM
Owner Arthur Blank and general manager Rich McKay are expected to interview Pittsburgh offensive coordinator Ken Whisenhunt for Atlanta's head-coaching vacancy Jan. 4.

from NFL.com

falcon_91
05.01.2007, 09:13 PM
I hope we get Norm Chow...even though he's been interviewed by the Cardinals and the chance to work with Leinart again will probably sway him. Bbut he has shown with VY he can make an O to benefit scrambling QB's. Plus i like his name ;D

T-Rac
05.01.2007, 09:35 PM
I hope we get Norm Chow...even though he's been interviewed by the Cardinals and the chance to work with Leinart again will probably sway him. Bbut he has shown with VY he can make an O to benefit scrambling QB's. Plus i like his name ;D

no you dont no one does... WE FRICKIN WANT HIM DAMMIT

ronmexico
09.01.2007, 08:52 PM

if r moss came to atlanta, vick would have at least 1 decent wr tardet to aim for. we need an upgrade at wr but roddy white is now due a decent seson he showed potential at the latter stage of the season

i also think we should get a safety in the draft or a cornerback and move jimmy williams to safety.

falcon_91
09.01.2007, 09:28 PM
you do realise that the post you quoted was posted before last years draft dont you.

I hope we get Jake Long or Levi Brown in the draft..possobly moving down to the #14 pick.

if we get a WR it should be through FA not the draft and i dont want CJ.

Safety is a need, but a position that has great depth in this years draft so we can get a S in the 2nd, possibly eric Weedle.

in the 4th we could take David Ball just to see how he does in TC, as he has been breaking records all year in college.

CRAIGFALCONS
27.01.2007, 11:45 PM
From ESPN Insider

Falcons RB Warrick Dunn had arthroscopic shoulder surgery after the season. We're told Dunn talked about his shoulder pain late in the season, but it is unknown when the injury first occurred. We hear Dunn will be back with the Falcons in 2007, but he won't necessarily be the starter.

Sources tell us the Falcons are eyeing a free safety with their first pick in April's draft. We're told Atlanta plans to move last year's starter, Chris Crocker, who was solid against the run but struggled in pass coverage, to backup strong safety behind Lawyer Milloy.

I think the Falcons need to pick up a running back, a veteran free agent perhaps, which could constantly pick up 4-5 yards a pop or one that converts on 3rd/4th and short. It would help if the offensive line could get some good penetration on short yardage situations. Norwood is a good home run hitter but I'm not too sure if he can be consistent enough to be an every down back.

As for the wide receivers, I think that with Hue Jackson (Bengals ex-wide receiver coach) now our offensive co-ordinator can actually teach them to catch rather than block.

Just a question to people who have a tendency to continuously have a go at Vick for his passing attributes, how does Alge Crumpler seem to perform so well? Someone must be getting him the ball.

falcon_91
27.01.2007, 11:55 PM
yeh..i think we mainly need a red-zone RB. a Brandon Jacobs to do the job TJ used to do, Dunn or Norwood are no where near the bruisers that we need.

on the FS..REGGIE NELSON or LaARRON LANDRY would uit us perfectly

Vick07Falcons
28.01.2007, 09:50 AM
Norwood could be the back that Dunn has been for the past years, I don't doubt him being an every down back, but I think our redzone offense, kinda due to the playcalling has been poor, so maybe a power type running back could do the trick.

And for the draft, Nelson or Landry, or move Williams to safety and draft a corner.

Jammin Jaguar
28.01.2007, 10:05 AM
You'll defineately get either Nelson or Landry in the draft unless you pick up a big star in FA. I think Nelson would be a better fit for the Falcons, he's very quick and is good in coverage.

Reevzee
28.01.2007, 11:50 AM
Norwood could be the back that Dunn has been for the past years, I don't doubt him being an every down back, but I think our redzone offense, kinda due to the playcalling has been poor, so maybe a power type running back could do the trick.

And for the draft, Nelson or Landry, or move Williams to safety and draft a corner.

I think Petrino will fix that!

falcon_91
28.01.2007, 08:47 PM
Ithink the best coaching change that happened for the falcons was the firing of Greg Knapp. In Vick and his O he was trying to fit a 20st woman into a size 6 dress.

CRAIGFALCONS
28.01.2007, 09:04 PM
Good analogy there. The Petrino and the Falcons may allow Vick to, do I dare say it. Audible! And not just to switch the direction of the running play. Petrino said about using 4/5 Wide Receiver sets, which should open up our offense a lot.

One more thing, Lelie has voided his remaining contract with Falcons so he will become a free agent. Probably to try and test the market and get more money as he’ll be out of his rookie contract. Lelie didn't do too much whilst he was here, hopefully he can (literally) stay on his feet somewhere else.

FuJ
28.01.2007, 09:11 PM
falcon_91 made a good point there.

knapp didnt do the business this became apparent when he devised a play i think it was the 2nd saints game when we threw a screen out to the left on a goal situation on the 2 yard line which we subsequently lost about 10 yards against a D that had easily enough packed to the left to snuff out that play. alot of the play calling anoyed me the eagles game with 2 QB's in....huh?

anyway you guys are making me really excited about the falcons prospects next season and i have to wait till september to see them again so stop ;) heh

falcon_91
28.01.2007, 10:44 PM
Holy hell, Vick allowed to audible :o.

That was the thing that made him #1 pick. He was told to go out and win ball games, he could audible etc. This ment he could decide to run it by the defenses out look, not being made to run by the defense.

Leile will be as big a help at the Bucs than the falcon(if anythignhim being a Buc would probably help us :P)

However i dont want a WR in the 1st 2 rounds. Im looking at people like Paul Williams in the 3rd, or David Ball in the 4th (he would be a steal and a half, in a lower league college he has been awesome breaking most of Jerry Rices records, as well as being practically the same stature as Rice). If we then give Youngblood a chance we would have 5 WRs. White, Jenkins, Finneran, Jennings, Bakll and/or Youngblood. We could then run 5 WR sets, as well as having Norwood lineing up aswell possibly.

under the right leadership, this offense could be great. Over the last 3 years we have been under the WRONG leadership in Knapp.

falcon_91
28.01.2007, 10:46 PM
On the 2 QB sets. I saw the game against Dallas and they worked pretty well. Although when Schaub went from QB to WR that messed with my head, i could of seen Vick running to there but Schaub?

Soko
29.01.2007, 02:10 AM
That was the thing that made him #1 pick. He was told to go out and win ball games, he could audible etc. This ment he could decide to run it by the defenses out look, not being made to run by the defense.

That's a load of horse ****. Nobody really knows how Vick will operate with the abilty to audible, its certainly not what made him the #1 pick

morris2k
29.01.2007, 03:34 PM
His legs made him the no.1 Pick !!!

Slightly changing the subject, what is the situation with Schaub, is it virtually impossible due to cap implications that he will stay ?. If he goes surely we have to bring in a experienced backup qb, I dont fancy shockley being our backup !!

CRAIGFALCONS
29.01.2007, 07:09 PM
I think it is doable to keep Schaub, if they do sign him (and keep him through the RFA period) but don't intend on using him this up coming season it won't be a very smart decision. As his trade value would more than likely decrease the following season.

I've heard people saying that the Falcons will make a tender offer. Either for the value of just a 1st round pick or a 1st and 3rd.

I've also heard that they'll keep Schaub on and will contend with Vick during training camp and pre-season. Which, I think is a good idea. Not necessarily that Schaub has to be that quarterback but the Falcons have got to get some competition for the QB spot to make Mike play harder for his job.

CRAIGFALCONS
29.01.2007, 08:15 PM
To further add to the talk about Schaub, the Raiders have signed Knapp. That's an interesting mix right there. Well back to the matter at hand, with Knapp moving to Oakland it adds Schaub to the mix in which, Knapp may try to lobby for Schaub's arrival. But with Oakland having the first round pick and the possibility to grab Brady Quinn that might not seem so likely. They may opt to trade down and obtain more picks to work things out, who knows.

falcon_91
29.01.2007, 09:24 PM
I wouldnt say no to the 1st pick in the 2nd and possibly 3rd/4th (Raiders wouldnt give up the 1st)
Vick was also allowed to audible when Dan Reeves was in charge...didnt do to bad then did he

hanuma2
30.01.2007, 12:55 AM
I'd be against any move for Schaub right now. It will be interesting to see if we make a run for him though.

Perhaps Knapp could get from him what Holmgren got from Hasselbeck.

falcon_91
30.01.2007, 01:02 AM
Yeh know you have knapp, you can stop dreaming of Vick, and think more of Schaub. Knapp woul give your 2nd an 3rd for him for sure...and we would take them :P

hanuma2
30.01.2007, 02:10 AM
I don't think any Raider fan had anything but bad dreams about Vick.

falcon_91
30.01.2007, 02:19 AM
hes about the only person behind centre for the raiders who wouldnt get sacked 8+ times a game

asjeja
31.01.2007, 09:37 PM
Vick needs a good o-line to prevent big loss sacks. Unfortunately our o-line dosen't have that capabilities.

Vick07Falcons
31.01.2007, 09:38 PM
Our o-line is full of 5th round, 6th round and even undrafted players, so no wonder they give up so many sacks.

Soko
31.01.2007, 10:18 PM
I don't think any Raider fan had anything but bad dreams about Vick.

I doubt you were having any dreams at all. I wouldn't even be able to sleep with a 31 year old rookie in charge of my team

psj3809
01.02.2007, 07:34 AM
Soko, deep breath, let it go ! I know deep down you seem to be a Raiders fan as your so besotted with them but let it go.

Wait till December, if Kiffin is 2-14 or 1-15 then post TOLD YOU SO

Coming off a 2-14 season and a nightmare offense, a talented young rookie coach from USC cant (in my eyes) get things any worse. The Raiders were the worst ever i had seen last year, the only way is up. As for his age i'm not bothered at all. You probably said the same rubbish years ago when they hired Gruden, probably laughed when Rice came aboard etc etc.

God you joke about me going on about Vick, your constant sniping and moans about the Raider coach is getting quite embarassing. I think you have a 'man crush' on Kiffin the way you go on about him !

Khaled
01.02.2007, 08:09 AM
Let's get this topic back on track with some Falcons chat.

What do people see as being our free agent and draft acquisitions?

Where do we go, who do we go for, and who do we say goodbye for.

Soko
01.02.2007, 07:46 PM
God you joke about me going on about Vick, your constant sniping and moans about the Raider coach is getting quite embarassing. I think you have a 'man crush' on Kiffin the way you go on about him !

Not constant sniping, just trying to clear up a little misconception that he was your #1 choice. He's your coach now so good luck with him, looks like you'll need it. And of course things will get better, you managed to have an even worse coaching staff last year

falcon_91
02.02.2007, 12:12 AM
I'd like to try and pick up Eric Steinbach from the bengals in FA, in the draft im resigned to Nelson or Landry, despite resistance at first. Id like David Ball or Paul Williams in the 4th. Possibly a DE if we dont resign Kerney.

hanuma2
02.02.2007, 12:31 AM

Not constant sniping, just trying to clear up a little misconception that he was your #1 choice.

By all means, feel free to get on a plane to the US and tell Kiffin and Davis that. There is where your argument is, not here.

They'd more than likely laugh in your face if you got anywhere near them, as opposed to the sustained response you get, to what little argument you have, on here.

falcon_91
02.02.2007, 01:50 AM
i think security would have a thing or 2 to say about him getting close to them ;)

CRAIGFALCONS
03.02.2007, 12:08 PM
And here's the news that a lot of Falcons fans have been hoping for.

Petrino to let Vick audible
New coach to let QB change plays at line of scrimmage

By STEVE WYCHE
The Atlanta Journal-Constitution

Published on: 02/03/07

Miami — Falcons quarterback Michael Vick will now have the freedom to make plays with more than his arm and his legs. For the first time in years, Vick has been given the green light to change calls at the line of scrimmage.

"We're going to put it all on him," Falcons coach Bobby Petrino said Friday to a small group of reporters covering the Super Bowl. "That's something that's new to him. It's something he's excited about. It's the way I believe you train a quarterback. You make him responsible for the protections, you make him responsible for what I call trumping the center — when the center makes a protection call and the blitz shows something different."

Vick was unavailable for comment.

Though Vick did not openly complain about the inability to call audibles at the line of scrimmage, he was never reluctant to mention that former offensive coordinator Greg Knapp did not allow him to change anything but the blocking scheme and the direction of the play.

Knapp, who was fired along with head coach Jim Mora and most of the other coaches on staff, said in previous interviews that he has rarely incorporated audibles into his offense, regardless of the quarterback. Knapp recently was hired as the offensive coordinator for the Oakland Raiders.

The inability to change plays did not sit well with some players. Toward the end of last season, one player said that they knew when plays were doomed before the snap because of the lack of flexibility at the line of scrimmage.

"We play percentages, not defenses," the player said.

That will change.

Petrino will begin installing the audible system during mini-camp shortly after the April draft.

"That's going to be new to him but that's what I believe you have to do," Petrino said. "He's excited about doing it and he really believes in himself that he can get that done."

Another change: offensive linemen will be free to talk to the media.

"We'll make them do that right away," Petrino said.

Former offensive line coach/consultant Alex Gibbs, who did not speak to the media, instituted a policy where one offensive lineman per week would speak to the media. If someone spoke out of line, he was fined $1,500.

falcon_91
04.02.2007, 05:16 PM
As the great bender from futurarma(sp?) once said "Im so excited i could wet my pants"

CRAIGFALCONS
06.02.2007, 08:15 PM
So I've heard that the Falcons will be getting something like 9 picks during the upcoming draft, which is great news. We can really build on depth, which we severely lacked in the past few years. Compensatory picks that may be heading our way for the Free Agent losses of Barry Stokes and Kevin Shaffer. A 4th and 7th rounder perhaps.

How do you see the Falcons choosing players in the draft? Concentrating on offence or defence, or perhaps mixing it up with both.

Another question, how do you feel about Ed Hartwell? Do you want him to stay or go?

CRAIGFALCONS
06.02.2007, 08:19 PM
Forgot to mention it's rumoured that the Raiders want rid of Randy Moss. No surprise there, but for a third round pick. As much as I'd like to see him here as a player, I'm not sure that Blank is going to change his mind to the attitude that Moss shows.

zohak
06.02.2007, 08:35 PM
We will need a player plus a 3rd rounder as a min for Moss.

Swervedriver
06.02.2007, 08:42 PM

well its a buyers market as far as Moss and the Raiders are concerned I think...I would be surprised if you got that much for him

zohak
06.02.2007, 08:48 PM

well its a buyers market as far as Moss and the Raiders are concerned I think...I would be surprised if you got that much for him

I would tend to agree with you but there are not many premier receivers out there available and there are a lot of teams needing a game breaker.

now the difficulty is do they get the Vikings Moss or the current Raider version.

Swervedriver
06.02.2007, 08:54 PM

I would tend to agree with you but there are not many premier receivers out there available and there are a lot of teams needing a game breaker.

now the difficulty is do they get the Vikings Moss or the current Raider version.

well I wish we would take the risk and get him back!!!

Vick07Falcons
06.02.2007, 09:02 PM
So I've heard that the Falcons will be getting something like 9 picks during the upcoming draft, which is great news. We can really build on depth, which we severely lacked in the past few years. Compensatory picks that may be heading our way for the Free Agent losses of Barry Stokes and Kevin Shaffer. A 4th and 7th rounder perhaps.

How do you see the Falcons choosing players in the draft? Concentrating on offence or defence, or perhaps mixing it up with both.

Another question, how do you feel about Ed Hartwell? Do you want him to stay or go?

Would like Hartwell to stay, but only if he can stay healthy and help stop the run.

Draft wise, I don't know, I think we'll probably mix it up, because we've got some problems with both sides of the ball, namely o-line and secondary.

steven a h
06.02.2007, 10:15 PM
i wouldnot touch moss with a bargpole he is one lazy s.o.b.

CRAIGFALCONS
06.02.2007, 10:24 PM
His work effort recently is anything but desirable I agree.

Khaled
06.02.2007, 10:34 PM
Hartwell has two dodgy knees and he's been a real waste of cash. If we could cut him cap effectively I would be in favour of it. He can't get sideline to sideline and I haven't seen anything more then a player then jumps on the pile to pick up the assist.

Unfortunately it leaves us short of a middle linebacker. Brooking and Boley are a combo as outside linebackers I like, but I'm not keen on D'Mo coming in and moving Brooking inside. D'Mo can't effectively shed blockers and thus ineffective as a starter.

This means we either need to see what Jordan Beck is all about or draft a prospect.

Moss would be a nice pick up ... but the character issues means he won't pass the Falcons filter nor will he be worth the cap hit.

Nice to get some compensation picks. Times probably right to trade away Schaub and we could really use the draft to build the kind of team Petrino wants.

Riggo
07.02.2007, 02:40 PM
And here's the news that a lot of Falcons fans have been hoping for.

Petrino to let Vick audible
New coach to let QB change plays at line of scrimmage

By STEVE WYCHE

Published on: 02/03/07

Miami — Falcons quarterback Michael Vick will now have the freedom to make plays with more than his arm and his legs. For the first time in years, Vick has been given the green light to change calls at the line of scrimmage.

"We're going to put it all on him," Falcons coach Bobby Petrino said Friday to a small group of reporters covering the Super Bowl. "That's something that's new to him. It's something he's excited about. It's the way I believe you train a quarterback. You make him responsible for the protections, you make him responsible for what I call trumping the center — when the center makes a protection call and the blitz shows something different."

Vick was unavailable for comment.

Though Vick did not openly complain about the inability to call audibles at the line of scrimmage, he was never reluctant to mention that former offensive coordinator Greg Knapp did not allow him to change anything but the blocking scheme and the direction of the play.

Knapp, who was fired along with head coach Jim Mora and most of the other coaches on staff, said in previous interviews that he has rarely incorporated audibles into his offense, regardless of the quarterback. Knapp recently was hired as the offensive coordinator for the Oakland Raiders.

The inability to change plays did not sit well with some players. Toward the end of last season, one player said that they knew when plays were doomed before the snap because of the lack of flexibility at the line of scrimmage.

"We play percentages, not defenses," the player said.

That will change.

Petrino will begin installing the audible system during mini-camp shortly after the April draft.

"That's going to be new to him but that's what I believe you have to do," Petrino said. "He's excited about doing it and he really believes in himself that he can get that done."

Another change: offensive linemen will be free to talk to the media.

"We'll make them do that right away," Petrino said.

Former offensive line coach/consultant Alex Gibbs, who did not speak to the media, instituted a policy where one offensive lineman per week would speak to the media. If someone spoke out of line, he was fined $1,500.

A common take on American sports radio about these statements is this new freedom will decide the question on Vick. If he succeeds in these new circumstances then he will be taken seriously as a QB and Petrino looks like a great coach. If he fails then Petrino can replace him with impunity.*

*I'm waiting for someone to ask "What college did Impunity go to and how long has he been with the falcons."

falcon_91
07.02.2007, 11:06 PM
Your wait is over...that last bit sure did confuse me :D

If we could get Moss for a reasonable price i would take him, he has stated before that he would love to player on the falcons and with Vick, thus that would suggest he is happy, and in my(probably everyones) experience a happy player generally plays better than a unhappy player, and he would probably clean his act up a bit more.

Roque
07.02.2007, 11:10 PM
I don't think he went to Oakland with the intention of being unhappy.

CRAIGFALCONS
12.02.2007, 07:14 PM
I've seen a couple of mock drafts having the Falcons selecting Ted Ginn Jr at the tenth overall spot. I'm not sure whether taking another wide receiver in the first round would be such a good idea with other needs on the team, Safety, Defensive End, O-Line and prehaps Middle Linebacker (just to name a few) if Hartwell becomes a cap casualty. However I'd love to have Ted Ginn Jr, from what I've seen he is a great player and sure can flat out run. With Rossum probably being let go that would leave a kick returner spot open, which Ted Ginn Jr would easily fill. I'm not sure it'd be worth a 1st round (10th overall). Thoughts?

Vick07Falcons
12.02.2007, 07:33 PM
I've seen a couple of mock drafts having the Falcons selecting Ted Ginn Jr at the tenth overall spot. I'm not sure whether taking another wide receiver in the first round would be such a good idea with other needs on the team, Safety, Defensive End, O-Line and prehaps Middle Linebacker (just to name a few) if Hartwell becomes a cap casualty. However I'd love to have Ted Ginn Jr, from what I've seen he is a great player and sure can flat out run. With Rossum probably being let go that would leave a kick returner spot open, which Ted Ginn Jr would easily fill. I'm not sure it'd be worth a 1st round (10th overall). Thoughts?

We won't draft any WR with out first pick, we'll draft someone to help the secondary and then maybe draft a wide receiver late on in the draft.

Khaled
12.02.2007, 07:34 PM
No way to Ted Ginn.

He's not value for money at that pick with so many question marks over whether he'll be a successful receiver, and even if he was unless you get a prospect like Calvin Johnson, we don't take a WR having spent two first round picks on them in recent years.

We have Finnernan, White, Jenkins, Jennings (who should at least be given a chance) along with some decent guys on the practice squad. If we bring in any receivers then we do it through free agency who can contribute from the slot rather then spend a high pick that would be much better served on an aging defence or under sized o-line.

falcon_91
12.02.2007, 10:16 PM
No way to Ted Ginn.

He's not value for money at that pick with so many question marks over whether he'll be a successful receiver, and even if he was unless you get a prospect like Calvin Johnson, we don't take a WR having spent two first round picks on them in recent years.

We have Finnernan, White, Jenkins, Jennings (who should at least be given a chance) along with some decent guys on the practice squad. If we bring in any receivers then we do it through free agency who can contribute from the slot rather then spend a high pick that would be much better served on an aging defence or under sized o-line.

CJ. is the only WR who would be worth 10. jarrett is a teens guy and Ginn 15-later, especially as he got injured, and no ones knows how he will return... the only 3 people i thin kwe should even think about are, LaRon Landry-FS, Reggie Nelson-FS, Levi Brown-OT

Reevzee
13.02.2007, 07:03 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RjtVnqZCndo

I'm a Mike Vick fan but, Really?!?!

morris2k
13.02.2007, 08:08 PM
Its quite a funny clip

CRAIGFALCONS
16.02.2007, 10:54 PM
Seems to be a lot of love being shown to Vick across the board recently...

Jelousy can be such an ugly colour on some people!

falcon_91
16.02.2007, 11:54 PM
lol.

jealous tends to come by way of bucs/panthers fans.

Falcon44
19.02.2007, 09:15 PM
I no this Bucks n Pather fans should all stop being so jelous,
i think its cos ws beat both the bucs and the panthers,lol, alough the panthers did beat us as well.but these Buc fans should just crawl back under that rock they came from. ha ;D
us Falcon fans should stick together!

psj3809
20.02.2007, 09:12 AM
I no this Bucks n Pather fans should all stop being so jelous,
i think its cos ws beat both the bucs and the panthers,lol, alough the panthers did beat us as well.but these Buc fans should just crawl back under that rock they came from. ha ;D
us Falcon fans should stick together!

....and also get a spell checker ;)

Seriously though just read this on http://www.ffmastermind.com/quickbits.php

-- Kerney Set to Void Deal --
Mon Feb 19, 2007 --from FFMastermind.com

ESPN's John Clayton reports the Atlanta Falcons failed to reach a contract agreement over the weekend with DE Patrick Kerney. Barring a last minute miracle, Kerney plans to void the final two years of his contract Tuesday and become a free agent.

Be a shame if he leaves as hes been a Falcon for a long time, is he still any good ? Happy he might go ? Want the Falcs to keep him ?

Vick07Falcons
20.02.2007, 11:09 AM
I hope they manage to work something out, he's had a couple of injuries but he's still a good pass rusher when healthy.

CRAIGFALCONS
20.02.2007, 12:59 PM
Kerney before obtaining his pectoral injury played in every game beforehand so it's not as if he's injury prone. He is getting on in years though at 30 and the Falcons are going to have to look to the draft as Mallard, Carrington and Davis have defiantly not been getting the job done.

Depth on the defensive side of the ball needs to be sorted out as injury’s have killed the defence in the second part of the season.

It would be nice to see both Abraham and Kerney starting at the same time (for a change!) as it would aid in preventing the same occurrences of the past couple of seasons where the secondary suffered from a lack of pass rush resulting in pretty much everyone getting burned. I hope that he does stay but I don't want McKay/Blank sign him to the big bucks.

falcon_91
21.02.2007, 09:01 PM
I wont pretend to be surprised. Kerney is a fan fav, but would/is probably be wanting one last big pay day, something the falcons would never give him, so unless he signs on the cheap he was gone.

falcon_91
01.03.2007, 07:51 PM
Saw that Eric Moulds has been released (well was in a poll on nfl.com)

think we should make a move?

personnally if we can get him cheap i wouldnt mind, but only if we can get him cheap.

CRAIGFALCONS
07.03.2007, 11:02 PM
With Joe Horn signed to the Falcons, what do you think of it?

The deal is undisclosed at the moment. Horn will bring plenty of experience and an attitude (both lacking, apart from Finneran on the experience front ofcourse) to the wide receiver unit, which at the moment consits of: Michael Jenkins, Roddy White, Brian Finneran, Adam Jennings. He is a proven number one but at the age of 35 can he still get it done? Can Vick get him the ball? And when the heck are we going to sort out the o-line?!

Giants_27
08.03.2007, 07:38 AM
i think Finneran will make a difference this year and so will Horn. With Finneran there there thatt means Crumpler will be open more. Roddy White is good on slants.

SteButt
08.03.2007, 07:45 AM
Nooooooooooooooooooooooo..... :'( I can see Joe's efforts in New Orleans being largely forgotten given that he's moving to the teams most hated rival and the way he left, which will be a shame.

Sources: Falcons reach deal with ex-Saints WR Horn

03/07/2007 14:55 PM - Former Saints receiver Joe Horn, released last week by New Orleans, has agreed to sign with the rival Falcons, according to a team source.

Atlanta's young and underachieving receiving corps has a leader. More important, the Falcons have fetched Michael Vick another dependable target.

Former Saints receiver Joe Horn, released last week by New Orleans, agreed Wednesday to sign with the rival Falcons, according to team sources. Terms of the contract, which was being finalized, were not immediately available.

Horn began his visit with the Falcons on Monday night and never left, deciding not to visit Green Bay or Jacksonville, who also were interested in the services of the 35-year-old wideout, who has 576 receptions, 8,501 yards and 57 touchdowns in 11 seasons with Kansas City and New Orleans.

Horn, a four-time Pro Bowl selection who served as the voice of the Saints' franchise -- and, to some extent, the Gulf South region -- during a 2005 season ruined by Hurricane Katrina, posted four 1,000-yard seasons with the Saints. But he's had only five touchdown catches the past two seasons and missed six games last year due to injury.

The chance to face the Saints twice a season and remain close to New Orleans presumably played a part in Horn's decision to sign with the Falcons, along with the prospect of playing with Vick in new head coach Bobby Petrino and offensive coordinator Hugh Jackson's system.

The Saints deemed Horn expendable largely because of the emergence last season of rookie Marques Colston and former second-round pick Devery Henderson.

In Atlanta, Horn immediately vaults to the top of a receiver depth chart that includes former first-round picks Michael Jenkins and Roddy White, who will no doubt benefit from a mentor as experienced and accomplished as Horn.

falcon_91
26.03.2007, 09:00 PM
Rest of schedule out next month.

Falcons to host Colts on Thanksgiving

By STAFF REPORTS

Published on: 03/26/07

The Falcons will play the Super Bowl champion Indianapolis Colts on Thanksgiving Day in Atlanta when the 2007-08 NFL schedule is released next month.

The game on Thursday, Nov. 22 will be the night NFL Network game.

This will be the second Thanksgiving Day game in three years for the Falcons, who defeated Detroit 27-7 in Detroit in 2005.

Falcons | Team contacts Rattay
Mon, 26 Mar 2007 12:40:27 -0700

D. Orlando Ledbetter, of the Atlanta Journal-Constitution, reports the Atlanta Falcons have contacted QB Tim Rattay (Buccaneers) about the team's backup quarterback position

towen5
31.03.2007, 01:18 AM
i really think we should use our first round pick for Landry, 2nd round Michael Bush at RB and then get LE with the other 2nd round and try and get more OL in free agency. Mulitato is there and plenty others, we can't afford to miss out on top quality safeties, especially in our situation.

however, to my own dismay, i think that if we manage to trade for O'Neal then Jimmy Williams will be moved to Safety and we will get Levi Brown in the draft and miss out on landry.

what do guys think? ???

towen5
31.03.2007, 11:58 AM
LANDRY LANDRY LANDRY!!!

if anyone takes him before us i'll be mighty pi**ed! :'(

falcon_91
31.03.2007, 05:18 PM
#8 Landry, if he is gone (grr) trade back for Okoye/Willis

Bush can probably wait til our 2nd 3rd now because of his injury.

Id like to get O'neal, although i think if we do Jimmy could go to Bengals in return :( but whp knows so many smoke screens going on. I saw somewhere Ptrino said J-Will will be starting RCB going into Training Camp.

Vick07Falcons
31.03.2007, 05:30 PM
O'Neal get's burnt too easily, great playmaker but he's not great in coverage. We don't need someone alike to Hall.

towen5
31.03.2007, 11:28 PM
O'Neal get's burnt too easily, great playmaker but he's not great in coverage. We don't need someone alike to Hall.

any playmaker is good enough for me! we will have to get a good enough pass rush we dont need better coverage.

towen5
31.03.2007, 11:44 PM
where does everyone think we will end up this season realistically? i think that bucs might be a surprise package and saints will be tought but i have to say if their ever was a year to do it i think its this one

towen5
01.04.2007, 01:04 AM
us falcons need to speak up!

falcon_91
01.04.2007, 02:21 AM
http://boards.atlantafalcons.com/index.php?showtopic=239006&st=0&start=0

excellent post in J-Wills weaknesses. I dont hate him infact i really want the guy to start but atm O'Neal>J-Will, especially if we get O'Neal for a 3rd

SaintNick
01.04.2007, 09:03 AM

any playmaker is good enough for me! we will have to get a good enough pass rush we dont need better coverage.
LOL

towen5
01.04.2007, 08:06 PM
im gutted vick wont be able to do his trademark dives for the corner anymore :'(

towen5
01.04.2007, 08:08 PM
ps. lets all support the league most exciting QB and buy his trademarked full size ball and kicking tee with a pump! 6.99 bargain! get if from the shop (am i allowed to say? just incase) owned by dave whelan who also owns Wigan Athletic Football club lol

SaintNick
01.04.2007, 08:16 PM
Another magnificent doulbe post from you.

Well done.

towen5
01.04.2007, 08:18 PM
Another magnificent doulbe post from you.

Well done.

aw, too kind.

towen5
02.04.2007, 11:13 PM
how well do you guys think we will do this year? im thinking 9-7 or 10-6. definate winning season. i think it can be really good for a team to have a new coach and i feel we could go all the way this year, but that might be wishful thinking

packerboy
02.04.2007, 11:18 PM
how well do you guys think we will do this year? im thinking 9-7 or 10-6. definate winning season. i think it can be really good for a team to have a new coach and i feel we could go all the way this year, but that might be wishful thinking

I think you break even. You have a new coach. You're WR still can't catch a cold.

towen5
02.04.2007, 11:33 PM

I think you break even. You have a new coach. You're WR still can't catch a cold.

i think that with petrino saying their will be more commitment to pocket passing then Jenkins may have a break-out year (allthough i prefer white) plus the addition of Horn can only help

packerboy
02.04.2007, 11:59 PM

i think that with petrino saying their will be more commitment to pocket passing then Jenkins may have a break-out year (allthough i prefer white) plus the addition of Horn can only help

Jenkins will only have a breakout year when you get a QB, not an athlete.

towen5
03.04.2007, 12:04 AM

and vick could be that. he's shown glimpses. he will proove it this year. dont worry

packerboy
03.04.2007, 12:06 AM

and vick could be that. he's shown glimpses. he will proove it this year. dont worry

Why would I worry? Vick is an athlete. He isn't a pure-bred passer. He may be good enough through the regular season, but get to the playoffs, you can't rely on your running game.

towen5
03.04.2007, 12:12 AM

Why would I worry? Vick is an athlete. He isn't a pure-bred passer. He may be good enough through the regular season, but get to the playoffs, you can't rely on your running game.

i wouldnt rely on his running any game of the season. he showed against the bengals and the steelers he could pass. the game against the steelers made it into NFL Networks top 10 passing performances of the season. how could you deny that he can pass the ball. he's a QB and he will proove it. better O Line and he wont be forced into running.

falcon_91
03.04.2007, 12:37 AM

yeh because he wasnt the QB of the team that defeated the packers at Lambeau stadium was he?

packerboy
03.04.2007, 12:40 AM

yeh because he wasnt the QB of the team that defeated the packers at Lambeau stadium was he?

When exactly?

falcon_91
03.04.2007, 01:41 AM
that would be in 2002

Vick07Falcons
03.04.2007, 10:30 AM

When exactly?

And you call yourself a Packers fan? Nice try. :D

curiousgeorge
03.04.2007, 11:02 AM

why is that important, i could say that chris weinke is a great qb because we beat you in atlanta with him last season, but it doesnt make it true lol

Jay Jenkins
03.04.2007, 11:10 AM
don't get involved with other peopls arguments...ecspecially when it's about rubbish...whoever thinks Vick can't pass obviously didn't see what he did last year when he threw umpteen touchdowns...people look at his running game and then say all he can do is run...actually hes a good QB that can also crush you on the run

Vick07Falcons
03.04.2007, 11:23 AM

why is that important, i could say that chris weinke is a great qb because we beat you in atlanta with him last season, but it doesnt make it true lol

You're an idiot. Plenty of teams have beat Atlanta in Atlanta.

But which team can say they were the first to have beat the Packers at Lambeau in a playoff game?

The Atlanta Falcons

Led by Michael Vick.

packerboy
03.04.2007, 12:15 PM
He can pass yes, but it's not like he's the great QB who can make all the throws that you try to make him out to be, or SOME Falcons fans do. I agree he can pass. But he's a better runner than he is a passer.

towen5
03.04.2007, 12:29 PM
He can pass yes, but it's not like he's the great QB who can make all the throws that you try to make him out to be, or SOME Falcons fans do. I agree he can pass. But he's a better runner than he is a passer.

but if what your saying is he's a mediocre passer and an amazing athlete, that would make him a great QB, just not a conventional one.

packerboy
03.04.2007, 12:39 PM

but if what your saying is he's a mediocre passer and an amazing athlete, that would make him a great QB, just not a conventional one.

No that would make him a mediocre QB but and amazing athlete.

towen5
03.04.2007, 12:41 PM

so you're saying being a QB is 100% how you can pass. and in calling him mediocre, you're denying the fact a lot of olayers are actually scared of his passing game JUST as much as his running.

packerboy
03.04.2007, 12:43 PM

so you're saying being a QB is 100% how you can pass. and in calling him mediocre, you're denying the fact a lot of olayers are actually scared of his passing game JUST as much as his running.

Proof please. And no, it's also how you lead a team. When was Vick ever known as the amazing leader?

towen5
03.04.2007, 12:48 PM

Proof please. And no, it's also how you lead a team. When was Vick ever known as the amazing leader?

http://www.nfl.com/video/2005/40

watch mike minter look at the NFC Souths QB's. look at the tape, Vick is amazingly accurate on 3 step drop, just like they show

packerboy
03.04.2007, 12:57 PM

watch mike minter look at the NFC Souths QB's. look at the tape, Vick is amazingly accurate on 3 step drop, just like they show

on a 3 step drop. Throwing the ball about 10 yards. He loses his accuracy after about 20-25 yards IMO

towen5
03.04.2007, 01:04 PM

on a 3 step drop. Throwing the ball about 10 yards. He loses his accuracy after about 20-25 yards IMO

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n-S2ow_nlUA watch 2 min 28 seconds

towen5
03.04.2007, 01:07 PM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n-S2ow_nlUA watch 5min 5 secs

packerboy
03.04.2007, 01:10 PM

Umm, if Vick was that good a QB, he wouldn't have thrown the second one. The DB had inside coverage, no QB should of thrown that pass. Even if he was gonna throw that pass, then he shouldn't have put it in the inside shoulder.

towen5
03.04.2007, 01:29 PM

Umm, if Vick was that good a QB, he wouldn't have thrown the second one. The DB had inside coverage, no QB should of thrown that pass. Even if he was gonna throw that pass, then he shouldn't have put it in the inside shoulder.

but theres no denying he can pass accurately long , look at the first vid

it also backs my point roddy white has talent lol

falcon_91
03.04.2007, 11:17 PM

he still made it though. In the Dallas game Vick showed he could make alot of the throws, and posibly his most impressive was Leile's TD, in which he made the ball get through a umbelieveably small window. (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n-S2ow_nlUA go to 6:50 )
he also showed tremendous restraint as he decided not to scramble which would off been for either long gains or TD's(again look at leiles TD), but instead stayed in the pocket and pass. On top of that on 2 of Griffiths TDs he showed good presence of mind to pump fake nand make the defenders make their move so the throw had less obstacles inbetween Vick and a wide open Griffith.

towen5
05.04.2007, 11:40 AM
Why do all these none falcons fans come on OUR thread and abuse Michael Vick? I'll get proof all day long to defend him. He's the best QB we could have and he embodies everything about us.

Think we did a good job defending him Falcon91.

Glad we picked the Dallas Game and not the Lions one lol

falcon_91
05.04.2007, 01:08 PM
there are many ways to defend Vick with good effect, bucs fans have no place to abuse others QBs, and to panthers how about, Vick threw a TD passes every 19 passes(also had around 8 TDs dropped), Delhomme threw one every 29 passes.

packerboy
05.04.2007, 01:15 PM
For the record, I think Vick is a better QB than Delhomme.

falcon_91
05.04.2007, 01:21 PM
good ;) ;D

DarloPaul
05.04.2007, 01:27 PM
Why do all these none falcons fans come on OUR thread and abuse Michael Vick? I'll get proof all day long to defend him. He's the best QB we could have and he embodies everything about us.

Think we did a good job defending him Falcon91.

Sorry - but news flash. Its not YOUR thread. Its there for everyone to use and to argue their opinions and debate. The worst thing I see is when someone who doesnt support a team steps into another teams thread, makes a fair point and gets shouted down because they're of the wrong team.

falcon_91
05.04.2007, 01:33 PM
get out of our thread! ;D

personnally i dont mind people coming and making fair, point but if someone comes and just randomnly attacks one of our players with no structure of an arguement that annoys me. (not saying packerboy did but ive seen it happen in loads of threads)

falcon_91
06.04.2007, 03:13 AM
Saw this on the falcons board about moving up in the draft what do you guys think?

Yes, we know Rich Mckay likes trading. We currently have 10 draft picks at our desposil, so lets see if we can make something happen with them.

Instead of trading down and getting 2 or 3 potential starters and a lot of depth, how about go the other route and try to get 2 or 3 potential pro bowlers. We've added a little depth in free agency and could add a lot more with 10 draft picks but i'd rather go after 2 or 3 really good players.

2nd round pick, #39= 510 points
3rd round pick, #75= 215 points
This totals out to 725 points...equals about the #25 pick in the draft

4th round pick, #109= 76 points
4th round pick, #121= 52 points
This totals out to 128 points...equals to a third rounder, #93 pick total

So this leaves us with...
1st round 8th pick
1st round 25th pick
2nd round 44th pick
3rd round 93rd pick
4th round 133rd pick
5th round 149th pick
6th round 185th pick
7th round 244th pick

considering these teams accept the proposed trades.

3 picks in the first 44 doesnt sound bad to me, along with a pick in every round after that which would be 5 more.

So here's a couple scenarios for our first 3 picks

8th pick- Laron Landry S LSU
25th pick- Anthony Spencer DE Purdue/ Charles Johnson DE Georgia
44th pick- Justin Blalock OG Texas/ Arron Sears T/G Tennessee

8th pick- Jamaal Anderson DE Arkansas/ Adam Carriker DE Nebraska
25th pick- Michael Griffin FS Texas/ Reggie Nelson FS Florida/ Brandon Meriweather FS UMiami
44th pick- Justin Blalock OG Texas/ Arron Sears T/G Tennessee

8th pick- Levi Brown OT Penn State
25th pick- Ben Grubbs OG Auburn/ Justin Blalock OG Texas
44th pick- Brandon Meriweather FS UMiami

yeah I know it's not likely to see two trades in one draft, but I'm just having some fun seeing what would could do with all those picks.

I think if we can fill our three main positions of need FS, DE, OL in the first 44 picks they should be starters sometime during next season and that would give The Falcons a huge boost. Then with the other 5 picks we could draft LB, DT, RB, CB, and WR in no particular order.

You guys like any of these ideas?

i think the trades are great idea, but i would choose different players i would do either

#8 - landry FS
#25 - Jarvis Moss DE / Joe Staley OT
#44 - Aaron Sears OT/G / Charles Johnson

or

#8 - Levi Brown OT
#25 - Micheal Griffin FS / Brandon Merriweather FS
#44 - Charles Johnson DE

paul1333
06.04.2007, 08:19 AM
there are many ways to defend Vick with good effect, bucs fans have no place to abuse others QBs, and to panthers how about, Vick threw a TD passes every 19 passes(also had around 8 TDs dropped), Delhomme threw one every 29 passes.

So that proves Vick is better than Delhomme? The reason vick threw more tds tha Jake last year is that Atlanta have such a crappy defence that they have to play a high risk game whereas we have one of the best defences and are therefore very conservative. Jake had one bad year last year and granted he has to take some of the responsibility but remember it is a team game. I would love to see Vicks stats outside of those three games. I would much rather have a qb that can consistently win, is the definition of clutch, a proven leader and can manage a game rather than a qb that can single handedly win games but lose you even more and would be better suited to playing rb/pr.

Giants_27
06.04.2007, 10:27 AM
Yep Vick is better than Delhomme.

06.04.2007, 11:21 AM
Excuse me, but I do.

falcon_91
06.04.2007, 04:05 PM
Is Simms till your #1? or did plummer come out of retirement

ukfalc
06.04.2007, 04:36 PM
I HATE the idea of moving up in this draft. We need OT, OG/C, DE, and FS together with depth at OG, CB, DT, WR, HB, LB and TE.

I'd rather hoard picks, address the first 4 on day 1, and use our day 2 picks to address many of our depth needs. In fact, I would seriosuly consider trading down to get 1 or 2 more picks in rounds 1-4 and try to address all of our holes in 1 draft.