PDA

View Full Version : Texans Thread

Pages : 1 2 [3]

TexansTaylor
16.08.2010, 12:37 PM
The Texans extended the contract of WR Andre Johnson by two years worth $38.5 million, with $13 million guaranteed. His contract is now seven years at $73.5 million, making Johnson the highest-paid WR in the NFL.

Read more about it here (http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/sports/fb/texansfront/7140836.html).

I wasn't worried a bit. Glad it is all done though. He is going to be awesome as usual this season

Battle Red
16.08.2010, 09:16 PM
Howdy Texans fans. Just to let you know that although I'm a Vikings fan til I die, I've been impressed with what I've seen from your boys the last few seasons, and as we have to meet someone if we get to the Superbowl, I'm hoping it's you guys!

Definitely have you down for a first ever playoff spot this year, and then who knows?

Will follow the Texans with interest this season. Good luck!

Cheers Doc. You picked a good team to follow. :)

If Favre comes back then the Vikes will be one of the top teams in the NFC again this year.

Battle Red
16.08.2010, 09:19 PM
Second round pick RB Ben Tate will be placed on IR and lost for the season after suffering from an ankle injury during Saturday's preseason game. He will undergo surgery this week to repair his ankle.

Also, DE Tim Bulman was placed on IR and the Texans signed DE James Wyche to take his spot on the 80-man roster.

TexansTaylor
17.08.2010, 06:00 PM
Second round pick RB Ben Tate will be placed on IR and lost for the season after suffering from an ankle injury during Saturday's preseason game. He will undergo surgery this week to repair his ankle.

Also, DE Tim Bulman was placed on IR and the Texans signed DE James Wyche to take his spot on the 80-man roster.

I am gutted we lost Tate. I had high hopes for him this season.

Battle Red
24.08.2010, 08:41 PM
Trindon Holliday is lost for the season with torn ligaments in his thumb. He will have surgery tomorrow and be placed on IR.

TexansTaylor
29.08.2010, 10:52 AM
Although it was a pre-season game it is always good to beat the local rivals.:D

Looks like we have a good Running back at last aswell. Foster looked good

Battle Red
29.08.2010, 06:35 PM
Yes, they looked good. I hope they can do it again in week three when it counts for real. :)

TexansTaylor
31.08.2010, 09:37 AM
Yes, they looked good. I hope they can do it again in week three when it counts for real. :)

I can't wait for that game. I hope it is on Sky Sports

pajulater3000
31.08.2010, 10:31 PM
Man our draft pick are dropping like flies, I was looking forward to seeing Tate and Holliday in action, but I guess i'll have to wait.

The Dal@Hou game is not on sky they have picked the first 4 weeks match-ups already. To be honest I think it's a travesty that they didn't have us on the first week against the Colts.

TexansTaylor
02.09.2010, 08:07 AM
I am gutted that we are not on Sky for Dallas or the Colts. They would be great games to watch. :(

Hope they got there act together and show us on Sky in October

Battle Red
03.09.2010, 04:06 PM
The Texans released K Kris Brown today. Brown was the last Texan from the original team in 2002.

Neil Rackers will be the kicker for the Texans.

LDB15
04.09.2010, 11:51 AM
Trindon Holliday is lost for the season with torn ligaments in his thumb. He will have surgery tomorrow and be placed on IR.
he's out for the whole season?!

no way i really wanted to see how holliday was going to do, that really sucks :(

isn't slaton injured aswell?
who will be the kick returner?

Apocalypse445
05.09.2010, 06:50 AM
The Dal@Hou game is not on sky they have picked the first 4 weeks match-ups already. To be honest I think it's a travesty that they didn't have us on the first week against the Colts.

I agree Sky should have picked IND@HOU i think its most exciting clash of the 6pm games for week one or they could have gone for CIN@NE but they seem to be following the same tired policy of showihg as many different teams as possible in the first weeks of the season which i have never agreed with i want them to pick the best games between the best teams each week.

I started following the old Houston Oilers when i discovered the NFL on C4 in 1988 and was upset when they left town in 1996 but have stuck by them as Tennessee because i couldnt feel the same about any other team. I was delighted for the Oilers fans of Houston when the city got the expansion Texans cos they didnt deserve to lose the Oilers and LA is not a football city.

Its high time the Titans and Texans finally caught the Colts and i would love to see our teams push them into third so fingers crossed it might happen but probably not this season...

Battle Red
06.09.2010, 05:39 AM
he's out for the whole season?!

no way i really wanted to see how holliday was going to do, that really sucks :(

isn't slaton injured aswell?
who will be the kick returner?

Slaton should be ready for the Indy game. If he doesn't go then either Jacoby Jones will kick return or Sherrick McMannis will.

The Texans got down to the roster limit of 53 Saturday. No notable names were cut, except for Kris Brown.

Less than a week until the season begins. :)

TexansTaylor
07.09.2010, 04:32 PM
Slaton should be ready for the Indy game. If he doesn't go then either Jacoby Jones will kick return or Sherrick McMannis will.

The Texans got down to the roster limit of 53 Saturday. No notable names were cut, except for Kris Brown.

Less than a week until the season begins. :)

Good to see Slaton coming back. I think Arian Foster will be the number 1 RB though for the Season or at least until Slaton can prove himself again. Hope he does.:)

Battle Red
12.09.2010, 02:17 PM
Well, another season is upon us.

Tough game against the Colts. Should be a close, hard-fought contest. Whatever happens I hope the Texans don't play flat. I can accept a loss as long as we played well. It's the game's when we shoot ourselves in the foot that are tough to swallow.

Even though the Texans are 1-15 against the Colts I think the Texans will prevail today. Limit the mistakes and play the way they are capable of and we should get a victory.

Go Texans!

TexansTaylor
13.09.2010, 10:25 AM
What a great game. I had a feeling we would win this one. Thought it might be closer though.

Who would have predicted it would have been won by our running game though. Foster was awesome. Let's hope he can carry that on for the rest of the season. I can't see why not on that performance.

Go Texans.

themightycheets
15.09.2010, 03:19 PM
What a fantastic game - I bought gamepass for the week and watched it live. Reliant was rocking. I only hope that Kubiak keeps their feet on the ground as the Redskins match up is winnable if we play right.
I love being a Texans fan.
Definitely in for a pre-NFL game Texan fans meet up - Did someone say the Green Man pub? Not sure where it is but I will track it down. Kick off is at 5, so maybe meet at 3 so we can have a beer or two and then be at the stadium for 4ish?

TexansTaylor
20.09.2010, 08:19 PM
That game was awesome. The team showed real character coming back like that. I thought we were in for it being down by so many points. To get 20 points in the second half and then go into OT was amazing. Andre Jacksons catch was great.

Matt Schaub was great aswell throwing for over 400 yards. Thik he will stay in my fantasy team all season.

Can't believe the Field goal aswell. To miss on the second attempt and then we had our chance. Lady luck was also with us me thinks.

This has been a great start. This has not happend like this in previous seasons from what I can remember. To play well and to keep fighting for the win and have a bit of luck on our side.

Can't wait for the battle of Texas next week.

Go Texans:D

Battle Red
26.09.2010, 02:44 AM
The battle for Texas is upon us. The Cowboys are backed into a corner from being 0-2. They don't want to go 0-3. They will come out swinging but I expect the Texans to answer the bell and come away with a victory.

Game Release (http://prod.static.texans.clubs.nfl.com/assets/clubimages/weekly_releaseFULL.pdf)

Flip Card (http://prod.static.texans.clubs.nfl.com/assets/clubimages/HOU_DAL_FlipCard_FINAL.pdf)

Injury Report (http://www.houstontexans.com/team/injury-report.html)

Five things to watch (http://www.houstontexans.com/news/article-3/Five-things-to-watch-Texans-vs-Cowboys/0b0b6390-f30d-459d-9bc1-97538427c45c)

Go Texans!

Battle Red
27.09.2010, 04:36 PM
Well, the Texans didn't answer the bell yesterday. They just didn't have it. Come back next week with a win at Oakland and things will be better. I will take a 3-1 record after 4 games.

TexansTaylor
28.09.2010, 07:26 PM
Well, the Texans didn't answer the bell yesterday. They just didn't have it. Come back next week with a win at Oakland and things will be better. I will take a 3-1 record after 4 games.

I agree with you there Battle Red.

I was gutted about loosing to Dallas. I really wanted us to be Kings of Texas for this Season. Perhaps we still can if we finish better than Dallas.

Go Texans

GoTexans!
03.10.2010, 01:26 PM
If the Texans can get to 3-1 we would have taken that before the season.

Lost Tate, Cushing and now Brown plus a battered Johnson...

Some of the second string need to raise their game and the DBs have to stop a team at some point, lets hope that they can hold a pretty poor Oakland pass attack to low numbers. Mario and co need to help them out with pressure.

Oakland are a better team than the last couple of years, Gradowski can move around to avoid the rush and McFadden is finally living up to the hype.

Won't be easy in Oakland...

Go Texans!

GoTexans!
11.10.2010, 08:22 PM
oh dear oh dear oh dear... is there anything else to say really?

getting up 21-0 maent the Texans could not run and looked like pressure on Schaub all day. Secondary not getting much better... too many big plays...

lets hope the Chiefs continue to be poor through the air...

make it the bye week 4-2?

GRKTexan
20.10.2010, 07:49 PM
I have one thing to say: GO TEXANS!!

GoTexans!
21.10.2010, 07:40 PM
fair comment... happy with the win-loss columns if not the defense.

losing Ryans a big blow, someone will have to step up.

At least it is only the Colts we play next game!

Go Texans!

themightycheets
22.10.2010, 10:48 AM
Are we planning a couple of Texans fans beers before the Wembley game? If so did we pick a where and when place? Happy to go wherever near Wembley from say 3?

GoTexans!
22.10.2010, 09:05 PM
I saw a couple of posts saying the green man pub. Went tehre last year the night before the game and intend to do that again.

Seems a sensible place to go on gameday...

SharpShooter257
22.10.2010, 10:00 PM
I saw a couple of posts saying the green man pub. Went tehre last year the night before the game and intend to do that again.

Seems a sensible place to go on gameday...

The Green Man was great before last years match but, it got so busy they had to close the main doors of the pub to stop more people getting in so you might want to get there early! Then again they were showing Liverpool v Man Utd on the big screen which might have added to the numbers trying to get inside. Before that most people were outside and the atmosphere was really good so I'd recommend it!

GoTexans!
26.10.2010, 07:13 PM
what does anyone think about this?

think he is a natural leader and the athleticism to do anything... a bit worried it leave the OLB's a bit understrength but maybe the opportunity to sit Cushing and rush the others who are not so good cover guys...

also shame about "dem Cowboys!"

Go Texans!

TexansTaylor
05.11.2010, 07:51 PM
Well it looks like we will be the number one team in Texas this season. Can't see Dallas having a winning season at this rate. Ha ha:)

Still I recon I would have preferred a win v Dallas than seeing them loose all season.

TexansTaylor
09.11.2010, 01:47 PM
Can't believe the game against the Chargers. Thought we had that one. Did anyone see the touchdown that never was:confused:

Will be a different sort of game against the Jaguars. Have to stop MJD. Although they are throwing it about a bit recently and we can't seem to stop teams at the moment.

This ones a must win

gloucestergirl
16.11.2010, 12:40 PM
Great game on Sunday - tough loss for you guys. That Hail Mary pass was freakish - but we'll take it thanks :)
Why do you think the Texans offense was so soft in the first half? - it's common knowledge that any success earned against the Jags is in the backfield...our secondary is such a threat *cough*. Obviously they went that route in the second half but it's weird that they didn't have that strategy for the whole 90 minutes. I think they would have come away with a win.

TexansTaylor
17.11.2010, 01:49 PM
Great game on Sunday - tough loss for you guys. That Hail Mary pass was freakish - but we'll take it thanks :)
Why do you think the Texans offense was so soft in the first half? - it's common knowledge that any success earned against the Jags is in the backfield...our secondary is such a threat *cough*. Obviously they went that route in the second half but it's weird that they didn't have that strategy for the whole 90 minutes. I think they would have come away with a win.

I was going to say I could not believe that Hail Mary but if it was going to happen against anyone it would be against us at the moment. Our Defense against the pass it terrible. I am hoping we can turn things around. It is mainly a young defense. Still that was unlucky but good to watch for anyone other than Texans.

This season we have been leaving it late. We seem to be better in the second half. Kansas City Chiefs game springs to mind.

Hopefully they can sort things out. We have the Jets next week :eek:

gloucestergirl
18.11.2010, 01:01 PM
I'd say you guys have as good a shot as anyone of beating the Jets but it's an away game - so, um good luck with that. :) Just do me favor & kick the snot out of the Titans next week.

TexansTaylor
23.11.2010, 07:43 PM
We'll on the positive side it was a great game for the neutral and it was good to watch the Texans on sky sports. On the downside we lost again and it was a dramatic finish again.

We seem to keep playing the same way. Average first half then make a great come back in the 4th Quarter and some terrible pass defines that let's us down.

One thing is for sure it sure ain't dull being a Texan.

Would love to beat the Titans, so now would be a good time as any to play them seeing as they are having some troubles of their own at the moment.

dja257
23.11.2010, 11:00 PM
We'll on the positive side it was a great game for the neutral and it was good to watch the Texans on sky sports. On the downside we lost again and it was a dramatic finish again.

We seem to keep playing the same way. Average first half then make a great come back in the 4th Quarter and some terrible pass defines that let's us down.

One thing is for sure it sure ain't dull being a Texan.

Would love to beat the Titans, so now would be a good time as any to play them seeing as they are having some troubles of their own at the moment.

Your pass D is awful, the secondary doesnt even look like it knows what its doin. I have a soft spot for the Texans and obviously wanted u 2 beat the Jets, tho the defence is badly lettin the offence down.

TexansTaylor
06.12.2010, 07:10 PM
Your pass D is awful, the secondary doesnt even look like it knows what its doin. I have a soft spot for the Texans and obviously wanted u 2 beat the Jets, tho the defence is badly lettin the offence down.

Your right about our pass d. Worst in the NFL. We were bad against the Jets aswell unfortunately. I could not believe that game.

We were better against the Eagles. I think we were beaten by just a better team this season. Vick is amazing QB.

Think we can win 2 more games this Year. We are nearly a good team and always so close to the play offs. Always good to watch and a high scoring offense.

Battle Red
04.01.2011, 01:37 AM
Another disappointing season is in the books. Kubiak kept his job but four defensive coaches including Defensive Coordinator Frank Bush were fired on Monday.

Looks like Wade Phillips will be the new defensive coordinator from everything that's been reported.

The Texans finished in 3rd place in the division so the 2011 opponents are now known.

Home: Indianapolis, Jacksonville, Tennessee, Cleveland, Pittsburgh, Oakland, Atlanta, Carolina.

Away: Indianapolis, Jacksonville, Tennessee, Baltimore, Cincinnati, Miami, New Orleans, Tampa Bay.

Even though the opponents are difficult I will say the Texans finally make the playoffs next season. I think they will win the division with an 11-5 record.

themightycheets
10.01.2011, 12:36 PM
Thanks for posting the opponents for next year. In a league aiming for parity but one in which not all teams play each other, then I think strength of schedule is a massive factor. The 2010 schedule was pretty tough due to inter-divisional match ups and the previous 9-7 season, so I always thought that it would be very tough for us to go better than 8-8 or 7-9. So in my view, 2010 represents an underachievement against the schedule, but not as bad as some make out.

Key to next season is the defense and what we do re: scheme and players (Wade is a 3-4 guy not a 4-3 guy so the line will need some work as well as the secondary). I would prefer us to pick up a couple of decent free agents rather than build with rookies (Asomugha anyone?) as we need to improve now, rather than 2/3 years time when the offense may start to be a bit too old. However, uncertainty over the CBA and big name signings not being the Texans style might prevent this (although the definition of stupidity is doing the same thing over and over again and expecting the same result - so can't hurt to try and change it).

Assuming the offense fires as usual and the defense is mediocre at best rather than woeful, I predict 10-6 with losses v Pittsburgh (h) and Indy, Jville, Baltimore, NO and Tampa (all a). Although given the Texans, we will beat Indy away and lose to Cleveland at home or something.
Happy New Year and enjoy the Playoffs all! I take the Pats over Atlanta this year.

ckelly1
05.03.2011, 07:17 PM
Does anyone else think, looking at the schedule that it will be hard for us to get more than 9 wins this year? I can see us going 6-2 at home this year with losses against the Steelers/Colts or Falcons. I see us going 3-5/4-4 away with a 1-2 div record and losses to the Ravens and Saints. Tampa, Miami and Cincinnati are winnable.

TexansTaylor
16.08.2011, 10:15 AM
Thought last nights game was good. Although the regular starters for both sides only played for the first quarter I thought we looked good. I am loving the new Defense aswell.

I might even put the Texans Defense into my Fantasy team. What a turnaround. Only one game of course but Happy with that performance.

go_browns!
25.08.2011, 07:58 PM
Hi guys, thought I'd pop over from the AFC North to ask a little advice. My friend is starting to get into the NFL and has narrowed his teams down to three (Texans, Raiders and Giants). He asked for a fan's view of the Texans and I confessed to not knowing a great deal about them! So, if you would be so kind as to give a fans view of why he should nail his colours to the Texans mast! :)

TexansTaylor
13.09.2011, 09:20 PM
Great Game.Loved every minute. Don't see us beat the Colts often.

Hope we can build on this.

TexansTaylor
20.09.2011, 08:25 PM
Good Game. Andre Johnson is on form and Schaub is throwing well aswell. I am glad Ben Tate is have a good season this Year after last years injury. We seem to have 2 good Rb's now aswell.

Great Season so far.:D

New Orlean Saints will be a real test for our Defense. If we can win this one we will be in a great position.

Go Texans

Battle Red
22.09.2011, 03:41 PM
Yes. Very good start this season. We were 2-0 last year and we know how that turned out. This year seems different though.

Tough test against the Saints. Let's hope Wade Phillips has a good plan to attack Brees. If the defense holds the Saints to 20 points or less I like the Texans chances of getting a win.

TexansTaylor
07.10.2011, 07:12 PM
Thought this was a great game. Especially loved Big Ben getting sacked throughout the game.

Can't believe it but we have the 10th best Defence in the NFL at present. complete contrast to last season. Wade Philips is a genius from what I can see.

Go Texans

TexansTaylor
24.10.2011, 03:45 PM
Great day out as usual. The Tailgate was good this Year. Liked the Drum & Bass and the random pirates dancing on the pirate ship.

Saw a few Texan fans aswell which is good to see

Great Day:D

TexansTaylor
02.11.2011, 01:54 PM
A great win against a tricky opponent for us.

I remember last seasons last minute touchdown by the Jags. What a nightmare that was. They still show that mess up by our D. I suppose it is a classic error.

Great win against a division rival and sweet revenge aswell. Keep it going Texans:D

British Bulldawg
14.11.2011, 10:22 AM
Texans vs Jags game day mag going here, Oct 30 2011 battle red day, 152 pages.

No use to me so If you have paypal PM me and its yours- at a guess ?3 just to cover P+P.

TexansTaylor
14.11.2011, 02:12 PM
Texans vs Jags game day mag going here, Oct 30 2011 battle red day, 152 pages.

No use to me so If you have paypal PM me and its yours- at a guess ?3 just to cover P+P.

I am interested. Sounds good

British Bulldawg
17.11.2011, 11:23 AM
I am interested. Sounds good

Pm sent .

TexansTaylor
17.11.2011, 10:01 PM
Pm sent .

I have sent the payment to you. Thanks for programme. Appreciated

British Bulldawg
18.11.2011, 12:49 AM
I have sent the payment to you. Thanks for programme. Appreciated

Got ? and details thanks, Tue or Wed I will post.

TexansTaylor
28.11.2011, 12:19 PM
Got ? and details thanks, Tue or Wed I will post.

Thanks. I will hopefully see if this week then. I will keep an eye out for the posty:D

TexansTaylor
28.11.2011, 12:23 PM
I can't believe we are on our 3rd QB. Watching the game against the Jaguars we started off well with Matt Leinart. I was still confident of a continued great season. Watching that second half against the jaguars we vertually couldn't get even 10 yards.

I hope we get a new QB in quick to save the season as the Titans are chasing. It is ours to loose.

Still the Defense is awesome but you can't win with the Defense alone. Its going to be very interesting to see what happens.

lukiebaker
03.12.2011, 11:09 PM
Gotta feel sorry for Leinart, his big chance to prove he can cut it as an NFL QB and just horrible luck. I actually thought T.J Yates looked decent enough at the end of the 1st half in leading you to a field goal, 2nd half Kubiak (probably rightly) resorted to more conservative playcalling.

I'm excited to see Yates be given a chance and I reckon he will do enough to get you to the play-offs. As long as your D and running game continue to both be superb you *should* be fine. But then I've always considered the Texans my 2nd team so maybe I'm being overly optimistic! Sincerely hope Delhomme and Clemens don't have to see the field.

Battle Red
07.12.2011, 05:58 AM
I was impressed by TJ Yates in his first start last week against the Falcons. He looked like a veteran out there. He avoided a couple sacks by dipping his shoulder and stepping out of the way of the oncoming defender.

Another big test for him on the road Sunday against the Bengals. If he plays as well as he did last week the Texans should get a win.

The Texans can clinch the AFC South division Sunday if they beat the Bengals and the Titans lose to the Saints.

Go Texans!

Renegade Steeler
11.12.2011, 09:20 PM
Congrats on winning the AFC South :D

TexansTaylor
11.12.2011, 09:21 PM
Yeeeeeeeeeee haaaaaaaaaaa. Playoffs baby. Get in there.:D

celt67
11.12.2011, 09:22 PM
Congrats guys on making the playoffs..!

Packman12
14.12.2011, 03:34 PM
Per Rotoworld

Texans defensive coordinator Wade Phillips is taking a medical leave of absence in order to undergo an unknown procedure.
Phillips is expected to be away from the team for "a couple weeks." The details of his issue are unknown right now. Phillips has had perhaps the biggest impact of any coaching move this season, transforming a Houston defense that was ranked 29th last season into a top-5 unit this season

TexansTaylor
15.12.2011, 03:05 PM
Per Rotoworld

Texans defensive coordinator Wade Phillips is taking a medical leave of absence in order to undergo an unknown procedure.
Phillips is expected to be away from the team for "a couple weeks." The details of his issue are unknown right now. Phillips has had perhaps the biggest impact of any coaching move this season, transforming a Houston defense that was ranked 29th last season into a top-5 unit this season

That does not sound good at all. DOH!:eek:

wayne ellis
16.12.2011, 07:23 PM
Best wishes to Wade Phillips, hope he's not away for too long. He's done a great job with a traditionally weak Texans Defense this season....

TexansTaylor
08.01.2012, 02:19 PM
Great game last night.1st time Texans to playoffs then we get the win against the bengals.

JJ Watt and the defense were outstanding. Really happy for Andre Johnson who has been with the Texans 9 years,he deserves the win for all the years with the team.

Am impressed with TJ Yates considering he is our 3rd qb.

Tebow 15
08.01.2012, 03:09 PM
Pleased to have won the first ever play-off game .............. but Ravens will be tough.

antifolk
08.01.2012, 04:00 PM
Well done lads. A truly awesome game to watch, shut them out. I know all the talk will be about Foster and of course Johnson but of defense won us that game. Amazing.
One very proud texans fan, see some of you at the superbash i hope!
Harry

TexansTaylor
09.01.2012, 09:28 AM
Ravens will be a tough one as we have never beaten them in Baltimore. However you never know what might happen on the day. I am looking forward to this one as 2 teams with tough defenses and running games.

Glad we are in the next round though and loving the playoffs. Go Texans:D

brooke12747
09.01.2012, 12:47 PM
Well done lads. A truly awesome game to watch, shut them out. I know all the talk will be about Foster and of course Johnson but of defense won us that game. Amazing.
One very proud texans fan, see some of you at the superbash i hope!
Harry

Have the Ballots been sent out yet? I never received one!!!

TEXANS All the WAY!!!!

British Bulldawg
13.01.2012, 04:41 PM
Foster vs Rice cant wait!

Beat those Ravens in the last min and send modell 10 foot under please.

Rashing_Yards
15.01.2012, 09:29 PM
Chins up Texans, you gave a really good account of yourselves tonight and took it to the final four and you can be really proud, much like ourselves you know if you'd have been healthier it could have been a very different story!

Your D got to Flacco and showed why he's not an elite QB if he can't convert third downs on the line and you quietened Rice's running game as well, great redzone D, and whilst, yes, Yates threw three picks he's a rookie and he certainly went into the game with the desire and intent tonight and you can't ask for any more than that, it was a lot closer than it should have been on the books and maybe had that early fumble on the kick return not taken place we could have been looking at OT.

You can be proud because you can see you have the capabilities in a future QB there and a very good and experienced one already to return from injury in Schaub so I think you'll be back even better next season, you've certainly blown the Colts-dominated division open, regardless of which Luck or Manning path they choose next season.

Glad we don't have to face you in regular again later this year that's for sure! Well done guys.

mde203
15.01.2012, 09:58 PM
I feel sorry for you guys tonight. The defense played a stunning game, and the running game was excellent. With Schaub in there you run through the field in the AFC this year.

I'm calling the Texans to win the AFC next year. Most complete team in the league in my eyes, just need a legit number two receiver, Schaub and Williams to come back and some more time together to gel further as a group.

Really enjoyed watching the Texans tonight, looking forward to seeing more when September comes.

Great season fellas. :)

wayne ellis
16.01.2012, 08:49 AM
Commiserations on last night but also congratulations on a great season. You pushed a very good Baltimore side all the way and were still in with a shot at the end and I think things may well have been different if Schaub and Mario Williams had been playing. As long as you hold on to your key players, I can't see any reason why you can't go on and dominate the AFC South the way the Colts have for the last decade.

That Offense has always been capable of putting up points on anybody but the Defense has improved immeasurably this season. Watt and Reed look like stars in the making (wish the Jets had been able to draft one of them) and, with Williams coming back next season, that pass rush is going to do some real damage....

Battle Red
08.09.2012, 10:43 PM
Another season is here!

Looking forward to the Texans matchup against Miami. Play good offense and defense and they should come away with a win.

Fingers crossed no major injuries this season.

Go Texans!

nikford1
09.09.2012, 11:32 AM
Im quite looking forward to the start of the season. It would be nice to push on from lasts year success and who knows we might make an appearance in the super bowl final just looking on a few gambling websites we are around 3rd/4th fav to win the superbowl.

Battle Red
11.09.2012, 01:56 PM
Good win by the Texans! It was a little shaky at the beginning, but they settled down in the 2nd quarter. Those three straight turnovers by Miami was a killer for them.

Onto Jacksonville next week. MJD has always been a thorn in the side of the Texans. Need to stop him first and make Gabbert throw the ball.

NFL_Rich
08.10.2012, 10:12 AM
Very quiet on here lately ... Where is everyone ? 4 and 0 and playing brilliantly. Jets tonight ... Good reasons for optimism

wayne ellis
08.10.2012, 08:38 PM
Very quiet on here lately ... Where is everyone ? 4 and 0 and playing brilliantly. Jets tonight ... Good reasons for optimism

Surprised there's not more Texans fans on here tbh. The IS has helped boost the fanbase over here and I would think that the Texans would be one of the more attractive teams for new fans considering they're a young franchise and have some outstanding players on both sides of the ball.

Expect them to be there or thereabouts this season though (for obvious reasons) I'm hoping they have an off night tonight.... :)

NFL_Rich
08.10.2012, 10:18 PM
Well it's the 666th mnf so surely Tebow time ;)

Seriously tho, I just read you have Hill and Keller out too. You guys are struggling on the receiver front. The Jets have been hit hard with injuries early this season and hasn't made the upgrades that you needed. I hope things start to look up for the Jets soon. Just not tonight tho ;)

stuttgartershrew
09.10.2012, 02:45 PM
Well it wasn't settled until late into the game but...5-0 :)

NFL_Rich
09.10.2012, 06:18 PM
Well it wasn't settled until late into the game but...5-0 :)

Big bummer about Cushing though :( ...5-0 is great but he's a big loss if its the ACL.

stuttgartershrew
09.10.2012, 06:36 PM
Big bummer about Cushing though :( ...5-0 is great but he's a big loss if its the ACL.

Agreed, a big blow. Not just on the pitch either but in the dressing room too. You get the impression he is a big influence about the place, a real inspiration to his team mates...

Fingers crossed for the chap that it's not as bad as they first suspect...

cards
04.01.2013, 07:09 PM
How do you guys rate your chances against the bengals?

I've been listening to some houston radio this week with the build up to the playoffs. Schaub is getting an absolute roasting over there.

Scots Warrior
04.01.2013, 11:04 PM
How do you guys rate your chances against the bengals?

I've been listening to some houston radio this week with the build up to the playoffs. Schaub is getting an absolute roasting over there.

Dude.....these guys haven't spoken since the 9th October.....stunned by their great season maybe?

Best of luck getting a Texan reply. :D

StevenMccormick12
06.01.2013, 12:04 PM
Yeah seems like the Houston fan base is grilling Schaub, Kubiak and Marciano. The combination of sloppy QB play, conservative play calling and bad special teams play is being branded as the reason we lost the no.1 seed

To me No.1 seed or not we wouldn't have beat the Pats. We miss Cushing too much and need a second viable receiver to open up Johnson and the run game.
Happy to get the win last night, there were positives. The protection of schaub against a good pass rush was much, much better. Just think a win in Foxboro is a big ask when we are limited offensively. Won't give up on it though, anything can happen in the play-offs

cards
07.01.2013, 09:14 AM
Dude.....these guys haven't spoken since the 9th October.....stunned by their great season maybe?

Best of luck getting a Texan reply. :D

Haha I know. At least us chiefs can point to a poor season :D

Mind you, got a texan reply

Scots Warrior
07.01.2013, 11:13 AM
Haha I know. At least us chiefs can point to a poor season :D

Mind you, got a texan reply

A Scotsman reply mare like! :D

Texans have a tough game coming. I will be rooting for them with every fibre of my being!

StevenMccormick12
07.01.2013, 08:39 PM
I tried getting Texans more involved on these boards but then my own stuff got in the way and stopped me from posting too! I have a pessimistic view of going to New England but the article in the Boston Globe has fuelled the fire. Arian Foster has it as his twitter picture for anyone interested
Scots Warrior, I am intrigued by the Jets QB situation would you trade Sanchez, Tebow? Who would you like to draft at that position, if anyone?

Scots Warrior
08.01.2013, 10:19 PM
I tried getting Texans more involved on these boards but then my own stuff got in the way and stopped me from posting too! I have a pessimistic view of going to New England but the article in the Boston Globe has fuelled the fire. Arian Foster has it as his twitter picture for anyone interested
Scots Warrior, I am intrigued by the Jets QB situation would you trade Sanchez, Tebow? Who would you like to draft at that position, if anyone?

Pop into the Jets section.....pages on the QB saga in there.

My quick tuppence in here is that I want Sanchez to go. Tebow shouldn't have joined us to start with and whoever we get will be an upgrade.

Now...back to the Texans...PLEASE destroy your opposition this weekend. I fear they are far too good for you in your current slump but until it's over I live in hope. :D

stuttgartershrew
09.01.2013, 10:56 AM
Well whilst a win is a win it wasn’t particularly convincing against Cleveland last weekend and so I’m not too confident about the weekend game against New England. It was always going to be tough, that much was clear by the pretty convincing defeats against the likes of Green Bay and New England earlier in the season. If Houston were to have any chance then they needed to get the number one seed sorted and get home field advantage I reckon…with that gone, well dunno but they’ll be kicking themselves they didn’t get the additional win to see out the season at the Reliant. But you never know, any given Sunday and all that malarkey. Just got to hope that they have learnt from the regular season game played earlier, that they have studied the tape and have identified some way to stop the Brady bunch…

Pip pip Houston!!

StevenMccormick12
09.01.2013, 05:35 PM
I have always been a huge Tom Brady fan, Belichick however not a fan, at all. Also growing more and more tired ofhearing about the blowout in NE week 14! There is an arrogance about the Pats heading into this one they are saying all the right things in the media but they are not coming across as genuinely believing what they are saying. We have a chip on our shoulder, we have less to lose than the Pats and we have Arian Foster

jnorthall
17.10.2013, 04:10 PM
Apologies for interrupting but I am looking for UK based NFL fans to take part in a new book to be, hopefully, published in December.

I need fans to answer (upto) 8 questions and their answers may be in the book.

The website and questions are here: http://mynflteam.wordpress.com/questions/ (https://mynflteam.wordpress.com/questions/)

Thanks for reading and hope you can take part!

Dolphin_Akie
16.12.2014, 10:31 AM
Had the pleasure of going to the Texans blowout win over the Titans a few Sundays back. Chanting M-V-P at JJ Watt after his TD catch was a definite highlight :D

StevenMccormick12
16.12.2014, 03:15 PM
Had the pleasure of going to the Texans blowout win over the Titans a few Sundays back. Chanting M-V-P at JJ Watt after his TD catch was a definite highlight :D

That's great. What's the NRG like? Also hear that there is a pretty amazing tailgate in Houston.
To be honest I'm running out of words to describe what JJ Watt is to our team right now. Immense player.

Dolphin_Akie
17.12.2014, 08:44 AM
That's great. What's the NRG like? Also hear that there is a pretty amazing tailgate in Houston.
To be honest I'm running out of words to describe what JJ Watt is to our team right now. Immense player.

NRG was loud. We were sat about 20 rows behind the sticks at the end where Watt caught the TD and people generally stood for the whole game then got crazy loud on defense. But everyone was very friendly with each other and enjoyed some great banter with the few Titans fans who were mixed in.

Didn't get ages to look round the tailgate (game started at midday and we didn't arrive into Houston until 1am the night before having driven from the Baylor V Texas Tech game in Arlington) but it was huge with some impressive BBQ and TV setups to watch the other games.

Bruce ma Goose
25.03.2015, 08:32 PM
Bit of a random newspaper article (http://www.edinburghnews.scotsman.com/sport/football/hibs/wallace-challenge-would-have-been-foul-in-nfl-1-3727765) in a local newspaper up here. I'm not sure what made Mercilus want to come and support Hibs. I hope if he does come back for an Edinburgh derby he switches to support the proper team. :D

chris caulfield
16.05.2016, 12:39 PM
I'm going through each team and writing an off-season review. It includes a recap of your teams free agency dealings & draft picks before a final review and grade. The Texans review went up today and the entire AFC South will be up by the end of the day. Feel free to give me your feedback as the fans of the team will almost always have more knowledge than myself, especially of the backend of the roster guys.

http://ontheclockblog.tumblr.com/post/144449687129/houston-texans-off-season-review

kw13
29.08.2016, 09:59 AM
...So Brock looks like he can play QB decently :), not to get carried away by 1 pre-season performance of course.

kw13
02.09.2016, 06:59 PM
So Watt and Newton are both back training today, just Brown left to return and we'll be at full strength.