PDA

View Full Version : Why drop Colt or Daniel...surely should be collins?

HX REDSKINS
28.08.2009, 11:26 AM
just a thought,why not keep colt and daniel and make them the future of our franchise and get rid of old man collins?
true its a big risk if JC goes down in week 1.
but its one id be willing to take,lets be honest with our offense we aint going to the bowl.;)

anyway guys,whats your veiw?

badkarma
28.08.2009, 11:40 AM
*slaps head*
Might have guessed the very first post in our very own shiny new forum was going to be about sodding quarterbacks and who stays/goes! :mad:

just a thought,why not keep colt and daniel and make them the future of our franchise and get rid of old man collins?
true its a big risk if JC goes down in week 1.
but its one id be willing to take,lets be honest with our offense we aint going to the bowl.;)

anyway guys,whats your veiw?

Reason 1: true its a big risk if JC goes down in week 1.

Reason 2: lets be honest with our offense we aint going to the bowl - so we should just quit on the season? Really?
I site last years Cardinals and Eagles (who sat McNabb and looked utterly lost midseason) as reasons to play every game... if you get hot at the right time, anything is possible.

Ditching the steady, reliable backup is a terrible idea.
Now someone start a thread about our sick D# so we can get excited about this season rather than moping about third string QB's :p

ssilver
28.08.2009, 02:10 PM
guys - don't get too excited about the 4th string QB chucking 2 tds against guys who will not be in the league in a few weeks. although its better than not scoring at all (vs balt) if we start off hot and jason gets hurt, collins can (and has) pulled us through nicely.

with our defense, we should be playing mistake-free football, like we did the first 6 games last year! the NFC is wide open - people are actually picking seattle to go through!!!

RickySanders
28.08.2009, 02:31 PM
Now someone start a thread about our sick D# so we can get excited about this season

At the request of Mr badkarma.......done ;-)

HX REDSKINS
28.08.2009, 02:36 PM
*slaps head*
Might have guessed the very first post in our very own shiny new forum was going to be about sodding quarterbacks and who stays/goes!

Reason 1: true its a big risk if JC goes down in week 1.

Reason 2: lets be honest with our offense we aint going to the bowl - so we should just quit on the season? Really?
I site last years Cardinals and Eagles (who sat McNabb and looked utterly lost midseason) as reasons to play every game... if you get hot at the right time, anything is possible.

Ditching the steady, reliable backup is a terrible idea.
Now someone start a thread about our sick D# so we can get excited about this season rather than moping about third string QB's :p

no,i didnt mean we should just pack it in for this season.i apologise if you thought that.;)
you got to start a thread about something.:D
id seen a similar topic on extreme skins and thought what the hell.
now then what about that defense?;)

Riggo
29.08.2009, 01:01 AM
This is great thread topic. After all, who the heck think collins is the future? Pretty much nobody. Yet his veteran presence seems like a wise move, and having only brennan and daniel to replace collins seems far too risky.

I'm tempted to say "Be bold!" and bold could be one of two choices:

1. Ditch collins
2. Keep 4, yes 4 QBs...bold indeed.

The reality choices:
1. Daniel is still a nobody that can could safely be put on the practice squad without being taken by another team.

2. Colt or Daniel develops a mysterious injury so they go on IR for the whole season (my vote for most likely)

my_friend_goo
29.08.2009, 11:17 AM
In spite of never seeing any performances by either of our potential #3's, I hope that one of them manages to develop into a decent player. In a way, I'm particularly keen to see what becomes of Chase Daniel - his size seems to work against him and people are already writing him off as a scout team workhorse, but not NFL material because of it.

Gman84
29.08.2009, 01:43 PM
Ditching Collins is a terrible idea, period. I doubt either of Brennan or Daniel ever do much in the NFL.

Riggo
30.08.2009, 12:48 AM
Ditching Collins is a terrible idea, period. I doubt either of Brennan or Daniel ever do much in the NFL.

They won't have to "ever do much in the NFL" to surpass Collins.

Gman84
30.08.2009, 01:45 PM
They won't have to "ever do much in the NFL" to surpass Collins.

Maybe, but he's the only QB on this roster to have gotten this team to post season.

It's all very well going on about the future but if Campbell sucks or gets injured, neither of those two are getting us to post season, Collins has at least done it before. I'm interested in the short term future just as much as the long term.

JoeTerp
30.08.2009, 11:36 PM
I love both our young qbs, they are both very exciting. But, neither will ever ever be elite level guys, probably never regular starters, and although my heart says go with both of them and ditch Collins, the head is 100% for keeping TC.

Hopefully, somebody will clearly establish themselves as the obvious 3rd choice. CB hasn't helped with his interceptions, but he has probably gotten in against the slightly tougher Ds and CD hasn't had a big enough sample size really. ALso CB has the fact that he was a draft pick going for him. On the other hand Daniel is 4 years younger, and is deceptively athletic. Too bad he is so short.

Spartan Off.Tackle
03.09.2009, 08:22 PM
You dont get rid of the guy who knows the offensive system inside out and has plenty of experience of the NFL

If JC goes down then its absolutely Collins who starts

Riggo
04.09.2009, 12:13 AM
I'm watching preseason game 4

CD comes in at end of 1st quarter. How to interpret:
Give the guy a chance to show his stuff to other teams before cutting?
Zorn showing he's the number 3 and giving him much needed experience?

my_friend_goo
04.09.2009, 11:41 AM
I'm watching preseason game 4

CD comes in at end of 1st quarter. How to interpret:
Give the guy a chance to show his stuff to other teams before cutting?
Zorn showing he's the number 3 and giving him much needed experience?

How about "evaluating his potential for a place on the practice squad"?

Gman84
04.09.2009, 01:00 PM
I can't see a QB on the practice squad. Coaches consider the PS twofold - players with potential and players to help in practice, tends to be backs and lineman who get kept around on it.

Gman84
05.09.2009, 03:00 PM
Looks like Colt is going to IR with a tear in his hammy and a hip problem, that should see Daniel make the final roster as the #3.

badkarma
05.09.2009, 03:07 PM
Looks like Colt is going to IR with a tear in his hammy and a hip problem, that should see Daniel make the final roster as the #3.

Hmm, that's all very convenient for us ;)

Edit: ... or not! Word on the street is that Daniels will NOT be in the final 53 and we'll go with 2 QB's only.

Honestly if this happens, I think we'd be fine using ARE back there if we got both QB's knocked down. However if true, it does show that they consider Daniels no competition to Brennan being the future.

my_friend_goo
05.09.2009, 05:31 PM
Apparently so. That means either 2 QBs for the season or a pickup from today's cuts. Interesting strategy to say the least.

steblin
05.09.2009, 06:24 PM
I read about Colt and immediatley thought 'Convenient - now they get to keep both young QB's, work on Colt in the background and resume the battle next year' but if they do go with two, think its more likley we'd go with 4 RB's?

Riggo
05.09.2009, 10:18 PM
This is great thread topic. After all, who the heck think collins is the future? Pretty much nobody. Yet his veteran presence seems like a wise move, and having only brennan and daniel to replace collins seems far too risky.

I'm tempted to say "Be bold!" and bold could be one of two choices:

1. Ditch collins
2. Keep 4, yes 4 QBs...bold indeed.

The reality choices:
1. Daniel is still a nobody that can could safely be put on the practice squad without being taken by another team.

2. Colt or Daniel develops a mysterious injury so they go on IR for the whole season (my vote for most likely)

Once again I have nothing to declare except my own genius. I have become a legend in my own mind.

Gman84
06.09.2009, 08:46 PM
On Matt Mosely's blog on ESPN he states Brennan is likely finished as a Redskin. He'll get an injury settlement and be let go at some point.

my_friend_goo
07.09.2009, 07:35 AM
1. Daniel is still a nobody that can could safely be put on the practice squad without being taken by another team..

Once again I have nothing to declare except my own genius. I have become a legend in my own mind.

The Saints would beg to differ. But I'm just being picky now....

Riggo
08.09.2009, 12:31 AM
ohhhhh, paybacks are hell, what will Snyder and co do to the Saints for poaching him?

I'm happy for Daniel though, I believe that if you make an opening day roster your guaranteed a full season's pay.

HX REDSKINS
08.09.2009, 08:08 AM
andre woodson signed up for practice squad.
anybody know of this guy ? i mean as in potential to challenge for a roster spot next season.

Riggo
09.09.2009, 12:18 AM
anybody know of this guy ? i mean as in potential to challenge for a roster spot next season.

The vibe around Washington is that Vinnie thought he was getting Rod Woodson.

JoeTerp
09.09.2009, 06:23 AM

He is def in the JC mould of Qbs. I think he had a really high completion percentage at Kentucky, and he had good size. But he just never seemed that impressive to me. Very boring, especially compared to CB and CD