PDA

View Full Version : Predictions Time

Gman84
30.08.2009, 01:52 PM
Pretty simple, how will the Redskins do this season? Be as concise or detailed as you like.

For me, I suspect about 5-11, 6-10. My thinking is the D will be fine, in fact, I think it will keep us in most games but I'm still totally unconvinced about Campbell and combined with a super tough division and some questionable play calling at times by Zorn, it'll see us limp in last in the division.

I hope I'm wrong, if the team does win and gets to post season, I see it been because the offense far exceeds my expectations, maybe a super season from Portis, Campbell proving me wrong or Collins stepping in and replacing him and going on another hot end of season streak. I'll take wins however they come though.

Player wise, I think Malcolm Kelly gets the two receiver job and does reasonable well, I think Laron Landry has a pro bowl season on defense and I just pray to god I don't spend my time swearing at kickers for the 17th straight season!

pj
30.08.2009, 02:58 PM
I see us being similar to last year. For me the biggest thing that brings us down will be the coaching, Zorn needs to bring in someone to calls the plays on offense and i'm not a fan of Blache at all.
With the addition of Haynesworth and Orakpo the defense should be dominant but with with Blache calling the plays I just don't see him getting the best from them. Orakpo is wasted at LB and Landry seems to go deeper and deeper on every play.

Gman84
30.08.2009, 03:06 PM
Zorn ain't giving up the play calling, to me that is a part of him because he was orginally brought in as the OC. Blanche I'm a bit undecided on, I like that he straight talking and has the players resepct but I think he calls awful blitzs, usually overloading the edges seeing them shoot straight past the QB and leading the middle wide open. He also goes to the prevent far too easy.

RickySanders
30.08.2009, 03:19 PM
I think we are looking at another 8-8 season. Pretty much what has been said already....D# to play well, but I have no confidence in Offense. Portis and Cooley to have big weeks here and there, but as for the rest......would be nice to see somebody step up.

badkarma
30.08.2009, 04:24 PM
I say we go 10-6 and surprise a lot of people.. including many fans it seems :p

Looking at starters only, we've gone toe to toe with the Ravens, Steelers and Patriots so far and come out on or just below par (0-3, 3-7, 17-17). That makes us contenders in my book, not some 4-12 "Browns-a-likes".
The NFC East is always tough, but this is the best chance at it in recent memory - the Giants have lost some key players and are lacking #1 receivers for Eli, the Cowboys are looking shakey with TO gone and Williams not getting much practice in the pre-season. As for the Eagles.. I know they got hot at the right time last season, but people seem to forget they were in disarray midseason, they scraped (by 1/2 a game) out of the NFC East and lost to a team that people have named the least worthy Super Bowl attending team in years in the Cardinals. It also appears to be their turn for the injury bug this pre-season.
I'm not saying they're awful but I'm lost as to where this sudden media love for them is coming from, declaring an Eagles/Patriots Super Bowl as if it's already a done deal.

Our D# is better than last year and it was top rate anyway, our offense is better than last year (better line play, more experience) and it may not wow anyone but if they can just be solid, the Skins can improve on 8-8.

I predict better for us than most, because I simply don't buy the love for the Giants, Cowboys and especially the Super Bowl XLIV
champion Eagles that's blowing around at the moment.

... and because I'm a homer and right now, everyone is 0-0 and anything can happen :cool:

RickySanders
30.08.2009, 07:58 PM
I say we go 10-6 and surprise a lot of people.. including many fans it seems :p

Looking at starters only, we've gone toe to toe with the Ravens, Steelers and Patriots so far and come out on or just below par (0-3, 3-7, 17-17). That makes us contenders in my book, not some 4-12 "Browns-a-likes".
The NFC East is always tough, but this is the best chance at it in recent memory - the Giants have lost some key players and are lacking #1 receivers for Eli, the Cowboys are looking shakey with TO gone and Williams not getting much practice in the pre-season. As for the Eagles.. I know they got hot at the right time last season, but people seem to forget they were in disarray midseason, they scraped (by 1/2 a game) out of the NFC East and lost to a team that people have named the least worthy Super Bowl attending team in years in the Cardinals. It also appears to be their turn for the injury bug this pre-season.
I'm not saying they're awful but I'm lost as to where this sudden media love for them is coming from, declaring an Eagles/Patriots Super Bowl as if it's already a done deal.

Our D# is better than last year and it was top rate anyway, our offense is better than last year (better line play, more experience) and it may not wow anyone but if they can just be solid, the Skins can improve on 8-8.

I predict better for us than most, because I simply don't buy the love for the Giants, Cowboys and especially the Super Bowl XLIV
champion Eagles that's blowing around at the moment.

... and because I'm a homer and right now, everyone is 0-0 and anything can happen :cool:

You should be a motivational speaker! You have swung me anyway! 10-6 it is!!!! ;)

Riggo
30.08.2009, 08:38 PM
13-3
Wins in bold

WK DATE OPPONENT TIME (ET) LOCATION
1 Sun, Sep 13 @ NY Giants 4:15 PM Giants Stadium
2 Sun, Sep 20 St. Louis 1:00 PM FedEx Field
3 Sun, Sep 27 @ Detroit 1:00 PM Ford Field
4 Sun, Oct 4 Tampa Bay 1:00 PM FedEx Field
5 Sun, Oct 11 @ Carolina 1:00 PM Bank of America Stadium
6 Sun, Oct 18 Kansas City 1:00 PM FedEx Field
7 Mon, Oct 26 Philadelphia 8:30 PM FedEx Field
8 BYE WEEK
9 Sun, Nov 8 @ Atlanta 1:00 PM Georgia Dome
10 Sun, Nov 15 Denver 1:00 PM CBS FedEx Field
11 Sun, Nov 22 @ Dallas 1:00 PM Cowboys Stadium
12 Sun, Nov 29 @ Philadelphia 1:00 PM Lincoln Financial Field
13 Sun, Dec 6 New Orleans 1:00 PM FedEx Field
14 Sun, Dec 13 @ Oakland 4:05 PM Oakland-Alameda County Coliseum
15 Mon, Dec 21 NY Giants 8:30 PM FedEx Field
16 Sun, Dec 27 Dallas 8:20 PM FedEx Field
17 Sun, Jan 3 @ San Diego 4:15 PM Qualcomm Stadium

my_friend_goo
31.08.2009, 03:52 PM
Loving that optimism, Riggo. I suspect this will be one of those frustrating seasons with moments of excellence and moments of frustration in equal measure. anything between 7-9 and 9-7 will be pretty much spot on as a result and a game or two extra either way will be a cause for celebration or a crushing disappointment accordingly.

Not quite getting the dislike towards Blache. Getting a 4th-ranked D last season with the players available shows that his tactics and motivation go some way. But then the people talking about him in this way were saying the same about Williams, and more often than not he's turned out tough D's. Hopefully there should be an improvement in pressure and turnovers this season, but I'm expecting a bit of a drop in terms of coverage in the secondary.

wuds100
01.09.2009, 05:40 PM
13-3
Wins in bold

1 Sun, Sep 13 @ NY Giants 4:15 PM Giants Stadium
2 Sun, Sep 20 St. Louis 1:00 PM FedEx Field
3 Sun, Sep 27 @ Detroit 1:00 PM Ford Field
4 Sun, Oct 4 Tampa Bay 1:00 PM FedEx Field
5 Sun, Oct 11 @ Carolina 1:00 PM Bank of America Stadium
6 Sun, Oct 18 Kansas City 1:00 PM FedEx Field
7 Mon, Oct 26 Philadelphia 8:30 PM FedEx Field
8 BYE WEEK
9 Sun, Nov 8 @ Atlanta 1:00 PM Georgia Dome
10 Sun, Nov 15 Denver 1:00 PM CBS FedEx Field
11 Sun, Nov 22 @ Dallas 1:00 PM Cowboys Stadium
12 Sun, Nov 29 @ Philadelphia 1:00 PM Lincoln Financial Field
13 Sun, Dec 6 New Orleans 1:00 PM FedEx Field
14 Sun, Dec 13 @ Oakland 4:05 PM Oakland-Alameda County Coliseum
15 Mon, Dec 21 NY Giants 8:30 PM FedEx Field
16 Sun, Dec 27 Dallas 8:20 PM FedEx Field
17 Sun, Jan 3 @ San Diego 4:15 PM Qualcomm Stadium

If you really think we will go 5-1 divisonal then get to your bookies quick
you should be able to name your own price.

wuds100
01.09.2009, 05:43 PM
I will go for 9-7, Offence no worse than last year plus a improved D,
Also a good chance of repeating last years flying start with kind early schedule.

Spartan Off.Tackle
03.09.2009, 08:32 PM
Blitz packages are designed to apply pressure, and our defensive line last season was not a particularly impressive unit. Hence more dogs and blitzes.

Haynesworth is an A grade player but I still have concerns over our defensive line TBO.

I think without having access to the Skins defensive playbook and game plans it is impossible to give anything other than an opinion on a system as Gman has done. This isnt a criticism, lets face it plenty fo people make a living out of it, but I would not like to criticise any defensive co-ordinator I have played against (or coached against) even let alone watched on TV. The process to arrive at a gameplan on either side of the ball is very detailed, takes many hours and I am sure Blache called the plays last season that the Skins ran with the best of intentions.

At the end of the day he is a Redskin, so he gets my support.

Riggo
03.09.2009, 11:53 PM
Hard to believe, but the Redskins have become the most stable team in the East. The other teams are self destructing.

Stereophonics
04.09.2009, 12:12 PM
1 Sun, Sep 13 @ NY Giants 4:15 PM Giants Stadium - No Decent Wideouts This Year
2 Sun, Sep 20 St. Louis 1:00 PM FedEx Field - 2 - 14 last year!
3 Sun, Sep 27 @ Detroit 1:00 PM Ford Field - 0 -16 last year!
4 Sun, Oct 4 Tampa Bay 1:00 PM FedEx Field - Just fired their Off Co-Ordinator
5 Sun, Oct 11 @ Carolina 1:00 PM Bank of America Stadium - A team to watch this year
6 Sun, Oct 18 Kansas City 1:00 PM FedEx Field - 2 - 14 last year!
7 Mon, Oct 26 Philadelphia 8:30 PM FedEx Field - Beat them twice last year
8 BYE WEEK
9 Sun, Nov 8 @ Atlanta 1:00 PM Georgia Dome - My outside tip for the Superbowl this year
10 Sun, Nov 15 Denver 1:00 PM CBS FedEx Field - Awful defence,in bottom 8 for D & Off.
11 Sun, Nov 22 @ Dallas 1:00 PM Cowboys Stadium - Always tight games.
12 Sun, Nov 29 @ Philadelphia 1:00 PM Lincoln Financial Field - See above.
13 Sun, Dec 6 New Orleans 1:00 PM FedEx Field - Campbell out threw Brees last year!
14 Sun, Dec 13 @ Oakland 4:05 PM Oakland-Alameda County Coliseum - 5 - 11 last year.
15 Mon, Dec 21 NY Giants 8:30 PM FedEx Field - See Above.
16 Sun, Dec 27 Dallas 8:20 PM FedEx Field - See Above.
17 Sun, Jan 3 @ San Diego 4:15 PM Qualcomm Stadium - 8-8 won their div last yr, whilst we finished bottom. Just shows how hard our div is.

I hope for a 10 - 6 this year, I think our defense will be huge this year and for years after. We miss a huge tall downfield target, shame Burress got locked up! lol I look forward to this season more than any other season of sport for a long long time.

lochhibs
04.09.2009, 02:09 PM
im actually quite confident goin in this year.not as confident as riggo but dont think 11-5 or 10-6 is beyond the team this year.should be stronger on D but an equal showing to last year would be ok.offence really need to step up.i think zorn needs to be a bit more adventurous with campbell.how many bad plays called on 3rd down last year?like someone said earlier,were all 0-0.

JD for breakfast
07.09.2009, 05:29 PM
I really think we've got a good chance of having a winning season and getting into the playoffs. Our divisional games will be as tough as ever but if we go 3-3 in those, which we did last season and are more than capable of doing again, with the schedule we've been given we can definitely get 8-2 or 7-3 in our other games. I think a lot of people may be underestimating us and that can play to our advantage

Redskinsno.1
07.09.2009, 05:39 PM
7-9 for me unfortunately, just cant see us doing enough on Offense to win more than 7 games

fyodor dostoevsky
07.09.2009, 06:35 PM
a floating 9-7/10-6! we have some bankable games against Detroit and KC for instance but if we lose momentum by dropping one of those kind of games we could be in trouble.

jklcan1
09.09.2009, 11:21 AM
8-8 this season.we will struggle to put points on the scoreboard.

HX REDSKINS
09.09.2009, 04:36 PM
9-7 for me,offense really needs to step up this year or we will no doubt see a HC change.:eek:

Redskins03
10.09.2009, 02:09 PM
I feel with a stronger defence we won't need to score too many points to win games - saying that I feel a 9-7 season is achievable - but hoping for more

Val Kenny
10.09.2009, 07:06 PM
i just dont know - alot depends on our start - it would be huge to get the win on the giants home patch and get the team going - can campbell get the ball to moss and kelly and take the heat off portis and betts?

our defence should be fine - here's hoping :)

Iggy
11.09.2009, 11:55 AM
1 Sun, Sep 13 @ NY Giants 4:15 PM Giants Stadium - No Decent Wideouts This Year
2 Sun, Sep 20 St. Louis 1:00 PM FedEx Field - 2 - 14 last year!
3 Sun, Sep 27 @ Detroit 1:00 PM Ford Field - 0 -16 last year!
4 Sun, Oct 4 Tampa Bay 1:00 PM FedEx Field - Just fired their Off Co-Ordinator
5 Sun, Oct 11 @ Carolina 1:00 PM Bank of America Stadium - A team to watch this year
6 Sun, Oct 18 Kansas City 1:00 PM FedEx Field - 2 - 14 last year!
7 Mon, Oct 26 Philadelphia 8:30 PM FedEx Field - Beat them twice last year
8 BYE WEEK
9 Sun, Nov 8 @ Atlanta 1:00 PM Georgia Dome - My outside tip for the Superbowl this year
10 Sun, Nov 15 Denver 1:00 PM CBS FedEx Field - Awful defence,in bottom 8 for D & Off.
11 Sun, Nov 22 @ Dallas 1:00 PM Cowboys Stadium - Always tight games.
12 Sun, Nov 29 @ Philadelphia 1:00 PM Lincoln Financial Field - See above.
13 Sun, Dec 6 New Orleans 1:00 PM FedEx Field - Campbell out threw Brees last year!
14 Sun, Dec 13 @ Oakland 4:05 PM Oakland-Alameda County Coliseum - 5 - 11 last year.
15 Mon, Dec 21 NY Giants 8:30 PM FedEx Field - See Above.
16 Sun, Dec 27 Dallas 8:20 PM FedEx Field - See Above.
17 Sun, Jan 3 @ San Diego 4:15 PM Qualcomm Stadium - 8-8 won their div last yr, whilst we finished bottom. Just shows how hard our div is.

I hope for a 10 - 6 this year, I think our defense will be huge this year and for years after. We miss a huge tall downfield target, shame Burress got locked up! lol I look forward to this season more than any other season of sport for a long long time.

I think you're spot on with a majority of the predictions cept the nfc east!!! I think we'd be ok against philly anf dallas but i see NY hitting our o line hard and getting to JC and if teams get to him then it will a depressing season :-( But i think we could go 10-6 if the o line can take the pressure and the WR's can reach their potential!!!

Harwich Hog
17.09.2009, 11:43 AM
Head into the bye at 4-3
Finish disappointingly at 7-9.
Finish 3rd in the NFC East.
Zorn is fired.
Campbell not extended.
Pick 15th in the draft.

The_Hangman
18.09.2009, 01:11 AM
I think 10-6 is achievable. We have a good run of games up to the bye week.

If we can split the Division games (which we did last year), we will have a good season.

HX REDSKINS
21.09.2009, 07:21 PM
Head into the bye at 4-3
Finish disappointingly at 7-9.
Finish 3rd in the NFC East.
Zorn is fired.
Campbell not extended.
Pick 15th in the draft.

im really beginning to think this is whats gonna happen.
ive said before somewhere,zorn seems a really nice bloke,sadly for him football isnt about being nice its about how good you are as a coach and the big W.
JC? well with a new coach he will be a gonna,as will collins i think.
if the new coach see's something in colt he may be kept on,but next season the QB is deff up for grabs.
we have to keep the D together tho,wasnt for them we would of lost yesterday imo.

Val Kenny
21.09.2009, 09:27 PM
Lads,

we again was poor in offence - 5-0 in the red zone and could not get it done. What up with portis and how come kelly and thomas and moss cant hold onto the ball!!!!

we need to pick up otherwise Detroit Lions could beat us up next week - we be the laughing stock of the nfl...... is zorn play calling the problem?

iain_26
25.09.2009, 06:44 PM
I would sincerely hope we would not be beaten by the Detroit Lions, 0-19 with an inexperienced offence. However before the game vs. the Rams I felt we might of taken it by at least 10 but that wasn't to be, so who knows.

Going by the start we have made and the nfl schedule I think we could be 5-1 by 18th of October. Although after the 18th though I can't see us performing as well with two divisional games each vs. the Eagles and the Cowboys and 1 vs. the Giants, adding games vs. the Saints and the Chargers I feel it could be difficult to achieve over .500. Therefore my prediction is 8-8