PDA

View Full Version : First round of cuts

steblin
31.08.2009, 12:47 PM
5 players released today:
CB Michael Grant, LB Alfred Fincher, DT Michael Marquardt, WR Marques Hagans, and T Devin Clark

Didn't really expect Fincher to get released, especially not in the first round of cuts, although we did draft 2 LBs (Glenn and Henson) who I've heard nothing about this preseason.

RickySanders
31.08.2009, 01:15 PM
5 players released today:
CB Michael Grant, LB Alfred Fincher, DT Michael Marquardt, WR Marques Hagans, and T Devin Clark

Didn't really expect Fincher to get released, especially not in the first round of cuts, although we did draft 2 LBs (Glenn and Henson) who I've heard nothing about this preseason.

Fincher is a surprise, from what I saw of him last season (granted mainly in the pre-season) he looked a decent player. No surprises with other 4 players though.

Gman84
31.08.2009, 06:11 PM
I can understand the move though, he is nothing more than a special teamer really, the otherf guys might never be more than that but at this point they at least still have their potential intact.

steblin
31.08.2009, 09:28 PM
I can understand the move though, he is nothing more than a special teamer really, the otherf guys might never be more than that but at this point they at least still have their potential intact.

Yeah that's the reason Zorn gave, said they felt Fincher had hit his ceiling but the other players probably weren't playing at his current level, but had a brighter future.

Right decision but I always hate to see hard working 'underdogs' getting cut.

Next up, who out of the 6 RB's stay?

Apparently Aldridge looked good against the Pats after his foot injury, Mason still impressing with his running but coaches have said he offers nothing on special teams, Dorsey in the same group as Aldridge, who would you take?

As much as I love Mason as a HB I think I would probably take the better of the two speedsters at this point. A good change of pace back, contribute on special teams and hopefully competition for the return spots.

JoeTerp
01.09.2009, 12:12 AM
Aldridge was VERY impressive when he came on vs. the Pats, very quick. Although Mason did really well in his duty working with the 1st team and against the pats 1s. Doesn't seem like he has the speed to bounce to the outside though, but I think we knew that already. Mason threw a nice block on JC's touchdown run, and I saw him do some ok and some not so great things in other pass blocking situations (he will never be as good as CP)

I just don't want to get rid of him so badly because (well I played against him in HS) but also becasue he has an uncanny ability for always finding the right hole. A lot of times CP runs with tunnel vision

JD for breakfast
02.09.2009, 04:53 PM
Alridge got some rave reviews by averaging 5.4 ypc against the Pats. Apparently he's the frontrunner for that 4th RB spot, if the coaches decide to go that way. Portis, Betts and Cartwright are pretty much set in stone