PDA

View Full Version : A good week or so for JC

Ledders
04.09.2009, 02:54 PM
Here's hoping some will soon be eating their words on here.

Spartan Off.Tackle
04.09.2009, 06:59 PM
Here's hoping, but from the dealings around Cutler it could be this season is make or break for Campbell in DC

Riggo
04.09.2009, 11:53 PM
I'm sticking to my evaluation: he's average.

JC6
05.09.2009, 06:55 AM
I'm sticking to my evaluation: he's average.

Who, Cutler?

No chance. He'll make our poor wideouts seem at very least, average, and help Olsen put up outstanding numbers. Forte will also benefit because teams won't be able to load the box because we now have a deep threat.
I don't think much more could have been expected of him from what we've seen so far.

He'll prove he's in the group just below Manning and Brady.

Spartan Off.Tackle
05.09.2009, 02:50 PM
Who, Cutler?

No chance. He'll make our poor wideouts seem at very least, average, and help Olsen put up outstanding numbers. Forte will also benefit because teams won't be able to load the box because we now have a deep threat.
I don't think much more could have been expected of him from what we've seen so far.

He was talking about JC not Cutler.......

Gman84
05.09.2009, 02:55 PM
Here's hoping some will soon be eating their words on here.

I would say I've been his biggest critic on here but I hope he stuffs all my low opinions of him down my throat. I'm happy to eat large helpings of humble pie because if he plays extremely well, the team should do well.

However, I suspect we'll see what we have already seen, some decent performances at times but bang average when he needs to step it up just that bit more to pick up the slack when others are faltering.

Spartan Off.Tackle
05.09.2009, 07:27 PM
If you can point to one thing, its his decision making under pressure

Riggo
05.09.2009, 10:06 PM
Who, Cutler?

What a brain dead response.

JC6
06.09.2009, 05:02 AM
In what way?

Sure I got the wrong end of the stick regarding JC and er, JC, but it was early, so if thats what you mean, fair enough. Anything else, please tell.

HX REDSKINS
08.09.2009, 08:15 AM
very impressed against the jags,i really do hope he proves most of us wrong this season and takes to the play offs at least.
maybe this is his year,after all he is due one...last year learning the west coast offence,this year ripping apart the NFC east defences!:D

Ledders
09.09.2009, 10:49 AM
very impressed against the jags,i really do hope he proves most of us wrong this season and takes to the play offs at least.
maybe this is his year,after all he is due one...last year learning the west coast offence,this year ripping apart the NFC east defences!:D

Ah! It must be early September...

HX REDSKINS
09.09.2009, 04:29 PM
Ah! It must be early September...

:D oh yes.

steblin
24.09.2009, 12:01 PM
Saw an article on fanhouse about comparing sacks to the time the QB held on to the ball to determine who is more to blame, the QB or OL - so thought I would take a look and wasn't totally surprised with who was at the top:

HOLDING ON
The 10 quarterbacks who have held the ball the longest on their sacks
Quarterback Average Time Of Sack No. ofSacks
Jason Campbell 3.66 3
Tom Brady 3.6 1
Jay Cutler 3.51 3
Mark Sanchez 3.51 2
Brady Quinn 3.29 9
Kyle Orton 3.27 3
Trent Edwards 3.26 6
JaMarcus Russell 3.22 3
Chad Pennington 3.2 6
Kurt Warner 3.07 3

Just thought it was an interesting stat to back up the main fault of his play so far. Another interesting point though is the 2 guys the FO wanted to replace him are #3 and #4 ;)

As said in the article, pretty small sample but still interesting.

Link:
http://nfl.fanhouse.com/2009/09/23/which-quarterbacks-hold-the-ball-too-long/

wuds100
24.09.2009, 12:34 PM
Great video of Zorn wired in the Rams game on Redskins.com (sorry cant link it
opens in separate window) It gives a good insight into his playcalling with some
good takes of the redzone drive where Portis throws incomplete definitley worth a look.

steblin
24.09.2009, 01:05 PM
I saw a link to that on extremeskins so mailed it home to watch it there, everyone on that board said it was a great incite in to not only Zorn but JC as well, looking forward to seeing it later.

Gman84
26.09.2009, 09:48 AM
Saw an article on fanhouse about comparing sacks to the time the QB held on to the ball to determine who is more to blame, the QB or OL - so thought I would take a look and wasn't totally surprised with who was at the top:

HOLDING ON
The 10 quarterbacks who have held the ball the longest on their sacks
Quarterback Average Time Of Sack No. ofSacks
Jason Campbell 3.66 3
Tom Brady 3.6 1
Jay Cutler 3.51 3
Mark Sanchez 3.51 2
Brady Quinn 3.29 9
Kyle Orton 3.27 3
Trent Edwards 3.26 6
JaMarcus Russell 3.22 3
Chad Pennington 3.2 6
Kurt Warner 3.07 3

Just thought it was an interesting stat to back up the main fault of his play so far. Another interesting point though is the 2 guys the FO wanted to replace him are #3 and #4 ;)

As said in the article, pretty small sample but still interesting.

Link:
http://nfl.fanhouse.com/2009/09/23/which-quarterbacks-hold-the-ball-too-long/

Difference between Campbell and a lot of those guys is Campbell doesn't or won't slide to buy his time, he just sits and his wind-up is so slow.

However, I'll say this, as much as I have been on Campbell's back for over a year now, if Zorn does not take the stabilizers off the bike then I'm reluctant to blamce JC too much, Zorn needs to let JC go out and try and win some games, not try not to lose them.

steblin
26.09.2009, 11:06 AM
Difference between Campbell and a lot of those guys is Campbell doesn't or won't slide to buy his time, he just sits and his wind-up is so slow.

However, I'll say this, as much as I have been on Campbell's back for over a year now, if Zorn does not take the stabilizers off the bike then I'm reluctant to blamce JC too much, Zorn needs to let JC go out and try and win some games, not try not to lose them.

I watched the vid Wuds is talking about and it really is a great insight in to what happened last week, linked here:

http://blog.redskins.com/2009/09/24/thursday-september-24-jason-campbell-and-jim-zorn-up-close/

Couple of points that stuck out for me, Zorn telling JC not to be careful, to just go for it, and also one play where they dialled up a deep shot down field to Santata but the pass protection broke down.

Also just hearing what Zorn was thinking running it in the Red Zone, effectively just loosing faith after dropping two TD passes.

It certainly does reaffirm the I like Zorn, they just need to get it together this Sunday as a team.

Gman84
26.09.2009, 12:46 PM
I agree Zorn is a likeable character and he does look like he 9is enjoying himself out there but just because one play never happened because of poor blocking, I still think he is generally playing it too safe. You rarely see this team play action in short yardage, and crazy pass plays by none QB's are not the way to go. You expect to see two of them a seaosn, we've seen two in two weeks and they have proved costly.