PDA

View Full Version : Who is ARE 3rd QB?

Riggo
05.09.2009, 10:32 PM
I suppose they can risk things for a game or two with Atawn Rande-El (ARE) as the emergency QB

But they must have somebody in mind to come in as the 3rd guy. I smell Snyder's hand in this, probably dreaming of Favre or maybe even Jeff George:rolleyes:

If so, somebody that is celebrating making the roster will soon be gone.

my_friend_goo
06.09.2009, 09:09 AM
I for one hope they pick up Jeff George. So much untapped potential. I've got a feeling he could make it big in this league one day.

JD for breakfast
06.09.2009, 01:43 PM
I'm not clear on the rules regarding the final roster but if we sign Chase Daniel to the practise squad can he then be promoted to the first team roster should either JC or Collins go on IR?

fyodor dostoevsky
06.09.2009, 03:11 PM
I'm sure years ago that due to injuries Russ Grimm (Offensive Lineman) was designated as a QB for the skins. The theory amongst the players at the time was that Russ wouldnt worry about any blitz as he would just knock the guy out! :) Have to say though that if we reach a point where ARE is behind centre is the point when our season ends.

Spartan Off.Tackle
06.09.2009, 04:25 PM
I'm not clear on the rules regarding the final roster but if we sign Chase Daniel to the practise squad can he then be promoted to the first team roster should either JC or Collins go on IR?

Nope, practice squad players cannot be activated to the main roster

my_friend_goo
06.09.2009, 04:30 PM
Nope, practice squad players cannot be activated to the main roster

By that do you mean during a game or during the season? I know it can't be done during a game and I know teams can sign players onto their active roster from another team's practice squad.

Gman84
06.09.2009, 04:43 PM
You can move them from the PS to the active roster but you must clear a roster spot first. Other teams can sign PS players from any teams PS so long as they have a roster spot avaliable.

For me, going with 2 QB's isn't a problem in that if you get down to the 3rd QB in a game your either unlucky, your OL is letting QB's get killed and your 3rd stringer offers minimal hope anyway so as emergency QB, ARE is fine. My concern is that it's a waste because you get a gameday excemption for the 3rd QB (officially inactive, but can play if the two other QB's go down).

JD for breakfast
06.09.2009, 05:52 PM
That's what i thought Gman. If Chase Daniel is on the practise squad, which it looks like he will be, then if Campbell or Collins gets crocked and goes on IR, that opens up a roster spot and Daniel gets a battlefield promotion. I'm ok with that

JD for breakfast
07.09.2009, 07:15 PM
Oh well. Chase didn't even make the practise squad. He's been picked up by the Saints on waivers. We have got a QB in there though. Former Giants 6th round pick Andre Woodson (don't know if he's relation of Rod)

Riggo
08.09.2009, 12:20 AM
Oh well. Chase didn't even make the practise squad. He's been picked up by the Saints on waivers. We have got a QB in there though. Former Giants 6th round pick Andre Woodson (don't know if he's relation of Rod)

That means in two years the redskins will lose a playoff game to the saints, with CD as their QB

sKiNsFaN
08.09.2009, 11:06 AM
That means in two years the redskins will lose a playoff game to the saints, with CD as their QB

..on their way to a Super Bowl (see Rich Gannon/Trent Green/Brad Johnson).

:rolleyes: