PDA

View Full Version : Kelly named second WR

steblin
10.09.2009, 12:31 PM
Zorn has finally made a statement on the second WR berth, and looks like Kelly has got the nod for now:

http://www.redskins.com/gen/articles/Kelly_To_Start__With_a_Caveat_49316.jsp

As he says, looks like there will be a bit of rotation depending on the plays, but he says if he played a 2 WR set then it would probably be Kelly out there.

Really pleased for Kelly, all that hard work he's put in rehabbing his knee and doing it right in training and practice, can't wait to see him get out on the field in a real game!

sKiNsFaN
10.09.2009, 01:12 PM
Hoping for a breakout year from Kelly. Campbell has so many options out there but can they be relied on to hold on to the ball? You just want them to get the basics right and the first downs will come.

The running game's in place, the D is potentially top three this year. Let's get this done!

Riggo
10.09.2009, 08:46 PM
let's hope he continues his improvement

RickySanders
11.09.2009, 10:12 AM
Our WR core has so much potential, but at the moment that's all it is. Really excited and hopeful for Kelly and Mitchell.

Gman84
11.09.2009, 07:36 PM
I think it's a good choice, Kelly was always the more natural receiver of him and Thomas. I think Thomas needs to be used more as an athlete. Let him run some end around/reverse plays, use him on screens and look to mis-match him on a safety in multiple receiver sets and get him deep. Kelly can be the Art Monk of this team, dependable, good physical target and making the clutch catches.

wuds100
11.09.2009, 11:44 PM
I think it's a good choice, Kelly was always the more natural receiver of him and Thomas. I think Thomas needs to be used more as an athlete. Let him run some end around/reverse plays, use him on screens and look to mis-match him on a safety in multiple receiver sets and get him deep. Kelly can be the Art Monk of this team, dependable, good physical target and making the clutch catches.

Agree with your summing up of Kelly over Thomas, Portis was raving
about him on redskins.com saying how he will demand double teams,
Also I wonder if A.R.E will end up in the slot now.

Mr.Red
18.09.2009, 04:29 PM
As a Sooners fan this pleases me to see another one of our WR's out there on the starting line up!

SimonV
18.09.2009, 06:09 PM
The Skins desperately need someone to step up in the wideout corps. Against the Jints, it looked like Campbell wasn't ready to trust anyone, least of all himself and that kind of inertia will only get him canned, and soon. I was among those who could see the Skins really stepping it up this year but they have a LONG way to go after Week 1. Santana Moss seemed as if he couldn't care less while DeAngelo Hall needs to look at some of his 'tackling' very carefully.

Gman84
19.09.2009, 05:15 PM
Santana Moss got owned by Corey Webster, simple as. Antwaan Randle El played extremely well after that silly call for a pass where he got sacked.

JD for breakfast
20.09.2009, 02:56 PM
I wouldn't blame the call for that play. Randle El should have thrown the ball away as soon as he saw Moss was covered. A former college QB should have known better

Gman84
20.09.2009, 10:24 PM
Kelly looked a lot better today, made a couple of real nice catches.

steblin
22.09.2009, 11:58 AM
Kelly looked a lot better today, made a couple of real nice catches.

Yeah, I thought the same thing, he showed those good hands everyone keeps talking about and wasn't afraid of taking the hit to get extra yards - thought he played well!

RickySanders
23.09.2009, 06:47 AM
I was impressed with #12 too, can see potential there, hopefully he will develop into the Redzone threat we need (dont think he's been thrown at once in redzone yet).