PDA

View Full Version : Inuries mounting up

steblin
13.10.2009, 11:57 AM
Zorn has already announced that Samuels is out for next week, sounds like his stinger is more than just a normal stinger.

"Samuels has been diagnosed with stenosis, a narrowing of the spine. It’s the reason he wears large neck pads every game.

Asked about the long-term implications of Samuels’ injury, Zorn replied: “I could not answer that question yet. He isn’t even back [from the MRI] yet. We’re still working through that.”"

So Zorn has said he is looking to move Heyer to LT, Big Mike Williams to RT and then either Will Mongommery of Rinehart at RG. I'm guessing Rinehart has really not impressed coaches with his 2 starts??

It was said at the start of the year (and the last few years) that we are thin and old at the o-line, and were basically praying for no injuries, now we loose our 2 best lineman, 1 for the season, the other one ... who knows.

Also Daniels has torn biceps and is going to play through it (OUCH!), he doesn't want the surgery till the end of the season, by which time it would be 'reconstructive' surgery ...
There is no doubting Daniels toughness, and he said it shouldn't effect his game, but I just cant see how it wouldn't ... personally I hope this means Jarmon gets some more playing time to spell Daniels. I know we brought Wynn back and released Pakulak, but still don't want him on the active roster.

Spartan Off.Tackle
13.10.2009, 09:49 PM
Samuels wears Douglas CP Mr D's with a custom neck roll, side restrictor pack and rear restrictor. How he has managed to pick up a bad stinger wearing this pad set up is beyond me.......I wear the same set up without the rear restrictor and your head really isnt going anywhere, trust me.

Anyways I think his diagnosed condition has really amplified the effect of a stinger. At the end of the day our best guy is out and we now have a serious problem with Zorn's config.

Mike Williams at tackle ? !!!!!
Heyer at LT - OK best option but the guy struggles with his footwork
Rinehart I really could not see why some people on here were repping the guy early season and he has not impressed at all for me

Basically we are screwed offensive line wise. The world and his wife have been screaming O-Line for 2 seasons and Snyder and his Functionary have done nothing other than re-signing Dockery this past offseason

Torn biceps sounds bad BUT a buddy of mine played with this injury last season - basically had a seriously distorted arm and played in pain but isnt a primary line muscle. Daniels will have the benefit of regular cortisone shots too so shouldnt be a major issue unless he makes it worse that is. And with the way this season it going I wouldnt be surprised to be honest............

steblin
27.10.2009, 12:47 PM
Add Cooley to the list, didn't see the game but just read they are suspecting it is a fractured ankle and he might be done for the season.

That is a HUGE blow, especially if we keep JC at QB, the TE is his main check down and he has a good understanding with Cooley. Loosing Cooley automatically takes our offensive production down even more, and also increase the QB pressures based on what people have said about Davis' blocking skills ...

fyodor dostoevsky
27.10.2009, 01:09 PM
couldnt help thinking as to who JC will pass to now that Cooley is out. He is out of sync with everyone else.

worst kind of inury too - no hit or players falling on him. He simply planted his foot to turn as he ran his route and his foot snapped. He tried to stand up then went down immediately.

There is a bottom to the barrel we are in yes?! :eek::(

pj
27.10.2009, 01:42 PM
Add Cooley to the list, didn't see the game but just read they are suspecting it is a fractured ankle and he might be done for the season.

That is a HUGE blow, especially if we keep JC at QB, the TE is his main check down and he has a good understanding with Cooley. Loosing Cooley automatically takes our offensive production down even more, and also increase the QB pressures based on what people have said about Davis' blocking skills ...

I can't see how Davis could be a worse blocker than Cooley!

Although its bad when anyone goes down its better having it happen in a situation like this where the season is lost already. and this way we get to see what Davis can do even if its just to up his trade value and he made a pretty good start last night.

lochhibs
27.10.2009, 03:16 PM
season over for cooley and skins.broken ankle apparently.thought davis did well.as did thomas.time to see what else weve got at qb,rb and wr.play the young guys.nothing to lose now.

Gman84
27.10.2009, 03:38 PM
I can't see how Davis could be a worse blocker than Cooley!

Although its bad when anyone goes down its better having it happen in a situation like this where the season is lost already. and this way we get to see what Davis can do even if its just to up his trade value and he made a pretty good start last night.

He got owned badly a few times in pass protection last night - asking him to block Trent Cole or Chris Clemons 1 on 1 is a tough ask but he got bowled over badly.

steblin
10.11.2009, 01:03 PM
Well - injury update after that game isn't looking too good, lets go through the list:

Portis - Concussion, probably out next week
Mike Williams - Sprained Ankle, Out for 2-4 weeks
Chris Horton - Torn Toe Ligament, Currently 4-6 weeks but if he needs surgery then its 4-6 months :-S

Also other mentions:
JC - Low Ankle Sprain, will be able to play
Santana - Got knocked out on one play, seems fine
Doughty - Sprained Knee, he says he's fine

Thats quite the list ... work is for the foreseable future Heyer moves back to RT and Levi Jones will start at LT.

wuds100
12.11.2009, 04:48 PM
Horton confirmed out for season placed on IR.

RickySanders
14.11.2009, 08:44 AM
Horton confirmed out for season placed on IR.

An odd thing to say but if I had to pick a season where Cooley, Horton and Samuels were to go out on IR it would be this season (hopefully Samuels will return).

steblin
24.11.2009, 01:28 PM
Well, add a few more to the list!

Betts - IR - Torn knee ligaments
Rinehart - IR - Broken Leg
Eddie Williams - IR - Broken Leg

Portis confirmed out for next week and doubtful for the week after.

Cooley has been on radio saying he will probably go on IR today.

Haynseworth and Mike Williams trying to get back for next week.

D Hall has a sprained knee and is doubtful for next week.

So, once again our o-line will change! I'd love to know how many different personel sets we've had on o-line.

Also that means our IR list (if Cooley does go on it) would be:
> Thomas
> Samuels
> Cooley
> Horton
> Brennan
> Betts
> Rinehart
> Eddie Williams

Gman84
24.11.2009, 02:02 PM
I worry for Betts, I think he could be done for good, tough injury to come back from as a runner and it may take him into next season to recover.

steblin
30.11.2009, 09:18 PM
Well, two more for the list:
Cooley gone to IR - no big shock there
Jarmon torn ACL gone on IR - really dissapointed about this one, Jarmon was showing real promise and getting good experience.