PDA

View Full Version : natives are restless

Riggo
13.10.2009, 11:54 PM
Things are starting to get ugly here in the DC area. In all my life I've never seen this many redskin fans this angry. And it is anger at a deeper level, it isn't a dump zorn anger, it is a dump snyder and dump vinnie anger.

I think people LIKE Zorn, they don't think he's much of a coach but they don't hate him or hold him too responsible.

Harwich Hog
14.10.2009, 10:58 AM
Things are starting to get ugly here in the DC area. In all my life I've never seen this many redskin fans this angry. And it is anger at a deeper level, it isn't a dump zorn anger, it is a dump snyder and dump vinnie anger.

I think people LIKE Zorn, they don't think he's much of a coach but they don't hate him or hold him too responsible.

Good to have the D.C. perspective Riggo - nice one :)

fyodor dostoevsky
14.10.2009, 05:12 PM
as I have mentioned elsewhere Riggo we are heading to a Raiders status with the entire organisation. Like the Raiders we have had our glory years, had the 'nearly' years and now are in premanent decline. We have no real coherent policy regarding draft picks and free agency and still have ageing players (how often has rebuilding the O line been discussed in the last 3 years?) alongside newer players that are no better than slightly above average in most positions.

Spartan Off.Tackle
14.10.2009, 06:41 PM
Check out John Riggins thoughts on Youtube......

steblin
15.10.2009, 11:53 AM
Check out John Riggins thoughts on Youtube......

I was just going to post about that, some prime quotes taken from a thread about it on ES:

Riggins on Cerrato: "You're a great guy, Vin, but you're no GM."

On Zorn: "You're out of your league, Jim," and "you ... are not a head football coach in the NFL. High school? Definitely. You can coach in high school. You can coach my son in high school any time."

On Hall: "I'd have had my foot this far up Hall's rectum for not making that tackle"

They certainly seem to be making the point in the media that criticism is coming from everywhere, ex-players normally positive on Synders radio stations, even from the official team bloggers.

Also, the odd piece of critisicm from the players being directed at the owner, I think Rodgers saying there are problems at all levels, including ownsership, and D Hall said that they just don't have the personel, specifically about the o-line issues not being addressed.

Thanks for the updates Riggo, keep it up, always good to hear what the mood is like in DC!

warriorsq
17.10.2009, 07:39 PM
Snyder and Vinnie have turned the Skins into a joke. I may not be a JC fan or a Zorn fan but I dont blame them for the mess we are in...while Snyder and Vinnie are in DC nothing good will ever happen.

andy32uk
18.10.2009, 08:11 AM
Fire the GM, Fire the GM

Lack of drafting decent OL players i personally think has been the downfall of this team in the past couple of years, its old,beatup and just not very good..you have a running back whos has lost a step and with an awful line cant make those holes, a QB with zero confidence who hasnt got time in the pocket..no more drafting WRs for the next 3 years we got lots of them....23 years as a skins fan with a signed picture of sammy baugh on my bedside table yet im seriously thinking of wearing a randy moss shirt at next weeks wembley game cause the skins have been THAT bad...todays game v kansas is gonna be a horror show.

Spartan Off.Tackle
18.10.2009, 05:52 PM
Fire the GM, Fire the GM

Lack of drafting decent OL players i personally think has been the downfall of this team in the past couple of years, its old,beatup and just not very good..you have a running back whos has lost a step and with an awful line cant make those holes, a QB with zero confidence who hasnt got time in the pocket..no more drafting WRs for the next 3 years we got lots of them....23 years as a skins fan with a signed picture of sammy baugh on my bedside table yet im seriously thinking of wearing a randy moss shirt at next weeks wembley game cause the skins have been THAT bad...todays game v kansas is gonna be a horror show.

Don't do it dude, don't do it...........

HX REDSKINS
18.10.2009, 08:17 PM
Fire the GM, Fire the GM

i know how you feel,i myself was thinking who would i support apart from the skins? even tho its the lowest i have felt following them,i just cant do it...im a skin for life,it can only get better.....it has to dosnt it? :confused:

Spartan Off.Tackle
18.10.2009, 08:22 PM
i know how you feel,i myself was thinking who would i support apart from the skins? even tho its the lowest i have felt following them,i just cant do it...im a skin for life,it can only get better.....it has to dosnt it? :confused:

Well its been worse, and its been a hell of a lot better

Zorn will get fired, but nothing major will change until the off season

I just hope that the new HC gets the team playing for pride for the rest of the year

The_Hangman
18.10.2009, 08:24 PM
Zorn sounds like a broken man on his post game interview.

Putting all the blame on his shoulders...

HX REDSKINS
18.10.2009, 08:29 PM
i think most skins fans think like i do zorn is a nice guy,but he aint a HC.
most of us blame snyder and his puppet vinny.

The_Hangman
18.10.2009, 08:31 PM
By refusing to address the O Line, the front office set him up to fail, no doubt.

Gman84
18.10.2009, 09:00 PM
I dunno, he's an offensive coach and he has never ever made this offense tick consistently. I can't see how he can keep his job now. I'm no fan of mid-season sackings but he needs to go before it destroys him and the team completely. They could wait until the bye but I don't see what difference it makes. Let's see what Jerry Gray has got (cos if it's Danny Smith, we are in real doo doo).

Spartan Off.Tackle
18.10.2009, 09:04 PM
Basically he is position coach promoted two stations up - which is too early

No malice towards him and no one likes to see anyone lose their job but he needs to go

And if Snyder and Functionary would like to pack their bags and *expletive deleted* off with him there would be no complaints from me

skinsfan.uk
18.10.2009, 10:06 PM
there will be no real change, just Zorn getting dumped and letting JC go. I cannot believe how inept the offence is. I truly fear a 12 or 13 loss year now.

Riggo
18.10.2009, 11:48 PM
OK gang, on Monday starting at 6am Eastern time I suggest you tune into WTEM 980 radio via the internet.

Iggy
19.10.2009, 08:48 AM
I haven't been able to see the last two games on gamepass (and I'm not sure if I want to!) but surely we could beat the raiders?

Is it worth watching yesterday's game or is it 2 hours of my life that I would regret not being able to get back!!

Gman84
19.10.2009, 11:21 AM
I haven't been able to see the last two games on gamepass (and I'm not sure if I want to!) but surely we could beat the raiders?

Is it worth watching yesterday's game or is it 2 hours of my life that I would regret not being able to get back!!

Fine the pass to Moss from Collins, the long run from Portis and then forget the rest.

steblin
19.10.2009, 11:52 AM

Some good QB pressures as well, I watched it on Gamepass last night Live, lets just say it was instantly forgotten! :)