PDA

View Full Version : The Saints are Screwed

Tyrannis
18.10.2009, 09:09 PM
It was two years ago in Week 6 where two undefeated teams faced off. The winning team scored 48, and the losing team, from the NFC East, scored 27. The winning team went on to finish 18-1.

http://i318.photobucket.com/albums/mm416/deathfex/1255898124287.jpg

DarrenSQh
18.10.2009, 09:20 PM
It was two years ago in Week 6 where two undefeated teams faced off. The winning team scored 48, and the losing team, from the NFC East, scored 27. The winning team went on to finish 18-1.

http://i318.photobucket.com/albums/mm416/deathfex/1255898124287.jpg

I would be very happy to get to the Superbowl.

Coren
18.10.2009, 10:46 PM
We are totally Super Bowl bound believe me... or don't as I blindly pick the Saints every year since Rueben Mayes and Dalton Hilliard were running the back field. Still I live in hope every year and secretly actually have faith this year.

SimonV
19.10.2009, 01:08 AM
Awesome performance from the Saints. Little doubt at this stage they are the class of the NFC.

goodmeister
19.10.2009, 01:19 AM
I agree, the Saints were awesome! They look to have the complete package now the DST is pulling its weight. It's not often any team makes a mockery of the Giants DST but tonight they had no answer to Brees who was on fire, and when they did start to look as if they would get a hold Payton's play calling kept them on the back foot. What a top coach he is turning out to be.
I also like the way the Saints use all of their available options and don't just stick to the top 2 RB's and WR's. They were good at Wembley last year and its a pity they aren't returning this year!

The_Hangman
19.10.2009, 01:20 AM
Come back Greg Williams....all is forgiven!

SimonV
19.10.2009, 01:25 AM
Williams has certainly made a HUGE difference to the NO defence. But the way Brees riddled an excellent secondary was truly eye-opening. If he can do that to the Giants, he can do that to anyone, IMHO.

The_Hangman
19.10.2009, 01:28 AM
No doubting Bree's quality, but is the secondary of the Giants really that good?

The front 4 and the Linebackers are excellent, but I think the secondary has been banged up a bit this season.

SimonV
19.10.2009, 02:00 AM
Even with today's performance, the Giants still rank No 1 against the pass (for Yards per game), and were pretty handy in most categories before heading to Louisiana. I'm pretty sure that kind of pass display will freak out a lot of DCs on Monday morning (especially in Miami, Atlanta and Carolina, who the Saints play next!). Obviously you can't judge everyone by one freakish outing, but this is a very high-powered offence.

thaidai84
19.10.2009, 08:28 AM
No doubting Bree's quality, but is the secondary of the Giants really that good?

The front 4 and the Linebackers are excellent, but I think the secondary has been banged up a bit this season.

What makes the Giants D so good is that they can (usually) bring all that pressure with their 4 dlineman. The Saints O line completley neutralised them. Brees had so much time against them it was unreal. What a find Bushrod looks like as well btw. To quote Troy Aikman "you play zone against Drew Brees with no pressure then its game over"

It was basically a clinic on match ups. Linebacker against Bush or worst Colston. Linebacker covering Shockey. 6" CBs against 6"3 Meachem and 6"4 Colston - who was just unplayable last night. Still a long way to go, but right now we look VERY good.

SimonV
19.10.2009, 12:41 PM
Yup, definitely a great offensive scheme from the Saints; well conceived and well executed. I usually hate to hear the commentators say 'If you give So-and-So Quarterback time, he'll pick you to pieces." But, if you give Drew Brees that kind of protection, he WILL pick anyone to pieces!!