PDA

View Full Version : Sherm Lewis calling the plays

steblin
19.10.2009, 06:12 PM
Not really any surprise there, but its quite a statement that a guy who has been with the team 2 weeks is going to be calling the plays!

Also, an interesting piece of feedback from the Redskins Blogger following the presser:

"It was strongly suggested to me after the game" that the playcaller change. "Very difficult for me."

In other news Chris Samuels is ruled out for next week, still awaiting more test results.

Crazy87
19.10.2009, 08:16 PM
They're saying on the radio that Sherm Lewis has a "terrible" reputation for play calling...

Jack Presley
19.10.2009, 09:12 PM
I was out of the office today with no internet access so i just logged on expecting to read that Zorn was gone but I suppose this is a start. can't see it making too much of a differecne though.

steblin
22.10.2009, 12:33 PM
And now it gets better ... apparently it will no longer be Zorn who communicates with the QB. Sherm Lewis is going to be up in the box calling the plays, he will communicate with Sherm Smith, who is being moved out of the box and down to the sideline, and Sherm Smith will relay to play to the QB.

So, how many delay of game penalties / wasted time outs do you reckon we'll have on Monday?

Also, guess Zorn is now relegated to team cheerleader on the sidelines? Suppose he still has the challenge flag ...

sKiNsFaN
22.10.2009, 12:43 PM
Also, guess Zorn is now relegated to team cheerleader on the sidelines? Suppose he still has the challenge flag ...

Suit him up, the guy can still throw! :p

Gman84
22.10.2009, 12:44 PM
Apparetnyl this guy was calling bingo a couple of weeks ago. This could be really funny.

Sat in the booth, with balls in a fishball........"ok Jason, Vinny's eye, number 1".....

Crazy87
22.10.2009, 07:33 PM
With the bye week coming up, if we get humped by the eagles, will that be it for JZ? I think so...

Jack Presley
23.10.2009, 01:49 PM
With the bye week coming up, if we get humped by the eagles, will that be it for JZ? I think so...

If he's sacked he has to be compensated and I think the play calling being taken away from him was DS's way of getting him to resign out of humiliation which didn't work. Maybe he'll strip him of some other duty next week so it'll get to a point where he'll resign and Snyder won't have to pay him a penny.

steblin
23.10.2009, 04:43 PM
Here's a transcript of Vinny on his radio show saying that Zorn is coach for the season, plus other stuff (like how its not all as bad as it seems, FO know what they're doing etc)

http://blog.redskins.com/2009/10/23/vinny-cerrato-on-jim-zorn-the-transcription/