Boltonian
20.10.2009, 09:39 PM
Just wondering if anybody had organised a skins fans meeting before the wembley
game on sunday, i remember there was one 2 years ago for the Dolphins- giants
game.

Spartan Off.Tackle
20.10.2009, 09:45 PM
Not to my knowledge

I'll be wearing a home Randy Thomas (77) authentic to the game so come up and say hi if you see me (there wiont be two people wearing that jersey LOL)

Crazy87
21.10.2009, 12:02 AM
I hope you're all going to come to the Green Man Hotel for the Great British Tailgate Party (Part 3). There was a few Skins fans last year (and the year before) so we can all commiserate together and look forward to our "season"...the off-season!

I'll be there wearing my Rod Gardner #87 as well as my Colchester Gladiators #87. Come say Hi. I'll look for you big guy!

Redants
21.10.2009, 06:17 PM
hi all, My Wife and i ( a NYG fan ) will be at the game, milling around taking it all in, Chris Cooley top for me and some NYG top for her. This season is not fun in our house hold. John from Worcester

liverbirdpie
21.10.2009, 07:46 PM
Not sure wether to venture to Wembley Tailgate or Green Man or both, but if it arrives in time I'll be a 6ft 9 guy in a Sean Taylor jersey, or a Portis Jersey if not.

Looking forward to meeting and talking with a few of you guys from here, and enjoying a great day

liverbirdpie
21.10.2009, 07:47 PM
ANd how do you get the Avatar to show?

Spartan Off.Tackle
21.10.2009, 08:31 PM
I hope you're all going to come to the Green Man Hotel for the Great British Tailgate Party (Part 3). There was a few Skins fans last year (and the year before) so we can all commiserate together and look forward to our "season"...the off-season!

I'll be there wearing my Rod Gardner #87 as well as my Colchester Gladiators #87. Come say Hi. I'll look for you big guy!

A Spartan at a Gladiators do ????????

LOL seriously though might wander up depending on what time we arrive on the day - I know Mr Palmer paid you guys a visit at the Green Man last year.

Spartan Off.Tackle
21.10.2009, 08:34 PM
ANd how do you get the Avatar to show?

Think you actually need to join and log in before you can display an avatar ?????

6'9 - Blimey makes me look short at 6'4 !!!!! I take it you play B-Ball LOL

liverbirdpie
22.10.2009, 06:32 PM
I've joined and logged in, strange.

Bizzarely my size had me dragged into every sport as a youngester, only really played basketball for my school.

Rugby and american football were main sports until a wrist reconstruction brought it to an end. PLayed defensive tackle for Plymouth Admirals for a few seasons.

Now spend time coaching or ambling round a golf course

Ledders
27.10.2009, 04:46 PM
Bumped into a few Skins fans throughout the day. We headed back to the First Class Sports bar on Wembley Park after the game and was a few in there. Always well represented at the annual London game, hopefully we might even see our beaten up franchise there in 2010? What do you think are the chances? We got Jags away next year haven't we? That sounds possible.

Spartan Off.Tackle
27.10.2009, 07:00 PM
Quite frankly, I would be amazed if Snyder gave up a home game to bring the Skins to Wembley. In fact more than amazed - I really cant see it happening

Possibly as the road team though - we shall see

Spartan Off.Tackle
27.10.2009, 07:06 PM
I ended up wearing a jersey from my second team (Baltimore Ravens) to the game, Authentic with my name and number.

I would add the nevermores are a very distant second to the Skins in my affections but took them up as my second team as their stadium has the best atmosphere of any NFL team I have been to.

Nice to see a good number of Skins jerseys around (including my 11 yr old nephew in a Sean Taylor road EQT)

liverbirdpie
27.10.2009, 07:31 PM
I must admit I quite like the Ravens too, mainly because of that awesome defence, and everything that went with them to winning the Superbowl (the whole Jermaine Lewis situation inparticular sticks with me from that year). Massive fan of Ray Lewis too, love his attitude and his commitment.

Keep contemplating changing their shield for a tattoo (my initials are CR)

Spartan Off.Tackle
27.10.2009, 08:13 PM
Plus they are only 45 mins drive away from DC

Thats a big step - sure you dont want a nice Indian head first ? LOL

liverbirdpie
27.10.2009, 08:45 PM
Plus they are only 45 mins drive away from DC

Thats a big step - sure you dont want a nice Indian head first ? LOL

Id change the word Ravens to Rochford and the B in the top left section to a C to make it personal, just the shield thing, not the team that makes me want the tattoo.