PDA

View Full Version : Texans fans at NFL Wembley

themightycheets
26.10.2009, 12:58 PM
How many Texans fans were at the Pats / Bucs game last night? I think the potential count is 5 - being Me, my mate, Texans Taylor (who I met on the train home) and two other people spotted at the game. That makes 5 out of 85000 so we are an exclusive club!

I can't make my mind up about this season - we blow hot and cold with little consistency. Next weekend's game will be a good test of whether this is going to be a good season - a very winnable game.

Apart from the 2 colts matchups, our remaining games are winnable with the Titans and Jags being crucial. 10-6 might be enough for the playoffs this year, mind you, having just watched out defence get pulled apart by Alex Smith, I am not so sure!

Battle Red
27.10.2009, 06:32 AM
Way to represent the Texans at Wembley! Hats off to all the Texans fans that went to the game.

You're right that there are lots of winnable games. However, I try and stay focused on the next game. If I start looking ahead the Texans tend to lose.

Buffalo is the most important game now. Lose that one and the other games won't matter.

TexansTaylor
27.10.2009, 09:18 AM
How many Texans fans were at the Pats / Bucs game last night? I think the potential count is 5 - being Me, my mate, Texans Taylor (who I met on the train home) and two other people spotted at the game. That makes 5 out of 85000 so we are an exclusive club!

I can't make my mind up about this season - we blow hot and cold with little consistency. Next weekend's game will be a good test of whether this is going to be a good season - a very winnable game.

Apart from the 2 colts matchups, our remaining games are winnable with the Titans and Jags being crucial. 10-6 might be enough for the playoffs this year, mind you, having just watched out defence get pulled apart by Alex Smith, I am not so sure!

Hi Mightycheets, Good to speak to you again mate. Wembley was awesome and it was good to see a few Texans fans there. Maybe we can double the count to 10 for next Year.:D

themightycheets
27.10.2009, 12:32 PM
I read in the paper this morning that the NFL is probably going to announce 2 games in the UK next year. If we assume that teams who have come across already won’t come again, I reckon that this gives us a 1 in 6.5 chance of the Texans being one of them. I have a feeling a struggling team, like the Rams or the Panthers or someone would maybe pick their home game against the Texans (little travelling support, no media interest otherwise) as the Wembley game. That would be awesome. Wouldn't count as my once in a lifetime trip to Reliant, but would be next best thing!

TexansTaylor
27.10.2009, 02:39 PM
That would be amazing if the Texans were at Wembley but I think it is more likely to be someone else.

I had heard that the Buffolo Bills, 49rs and the New Orleans Saints were at Wembley having a look around at the set up. I think that was reported on NFLUK aswell.

I know the Saints have previously done it so not sure why they were there but maybe the fact that the 49rs management were at Wembley could mean they are being lined up for next Year.

GoTexans!
27.10.2009, 08:51 PM
I was at Wembley, had the Blue Schaub shirt on. I saw 3 others, an American with guy who yodels on the back and 2 others.

We can't complain too much about the season, D needs work and Slaton needs to run as well as catch. I agree that the Bills game is sooo important

go Texans!

TexansTaylor
28.10.2009, 08:51 AM
I was at Wembley, had the Blue Schaub shirt on. I saw 3 others, an American with guy who yodels on the back and 2 others.

We can't complain too much about the season, D needs work and Slaton needs to run as well as catch. I agree that the Bills game is sooo important

go Texans!

Hi Go Texans, good to have you on the forum.

Were you the guy on the train from Kingston to Waterloo. I saw a guy wearing a blue Texans jersey then?

I agree this game is massive. We have to beat the Bills. We then have the Colts after that so it would be good going into that game with a win.

GoTexans!
28.10.2009, 07:26 PM
Hi Texans Taylor... I wasn't the one on the, stayed at the Ibis Wembley Saturday and Sunday. I see you have the Texas Rangers and Nascar on your post... Good choices, shame the Rangers haven't got the same money as the big boys.

I think that the Bills is a must win game as the division is difficult, realistically second spot is the best possible.

Go Kenseth!
Go Rangers!
Go Texans!

Think that covers the best American sports!

TexansTaylor
28.10.2009, 10:02 PM
HI Go Texans

Glad to see there is another Rangers and Nascar fan.:D

American Football is my main sport now but I love other US sports and English Football. Being a Palace fan I dont see alot of quality football these days.

I could never really find a Texas College team to support so been supporting the Georgia Bull Dogs for a few Years now. There are so many College teams though. College football is great to watch but the NFL and Houston Texans are my main love in sport.

seantheprawn
29.10.2009, 10:26 PM
Me and my dad were there on sunday wearing Texans jerseys.

Weather could be a factor on Sunday, if its windy we may have to rely on Slaton. It's the ideal time for a breakout from him, Buffalo gives up something around 5.7 YPA.

AdamRich85
01.11.2009, 01:22 PM
:)

Hello

I was there with my shirt!!! so 6 of us...

Big game today

P.S, I`ve been to Reliant Stadium - amazing. Just cannot see them coming to UK just yet....

TexansTaylor
01.11.2009, 06:29 PM
:)

Hello

I was there with my shirt!!! so 6 of us...

Big game today

P.S, I`ve been to Reliant Stadium - amazing. Just cannot see them coming to UK just yet....

I would love to go to Reliant Stadium. I heard it is one of the best Stadiums in the NFL. I hope to go some day soon:D

What are the fans like at the game?

seantheprawn
01.11.2009, 10:57 PM
Best in the NFL!

Playoff atmosphere no matter what record we have, as well as cracking tailgates. Houston was officially rated the best tailgate city by the tailgating commissioner this year.

The fans are also very receptive to English visitors as I found on on both of my visits!

I personally like being part of our exclusive little club, rather than be a fan of a team like the patriots whose fanbase is filled with jolly come latelys and prawn sandwhich eaters!

How many Texans fans do you reckon there are in the UK?

TexansTaylor
02.11.2009, 08:35 AM
Best in the NFL!

Playoff atmosphere no matter what record we have, as well as cracking tailgates. Houston was officially rated the best tailgate city by the tailgating commissioner this year.

The fans are also very receptive to English visitors as I found on on both of my visits!

I personally like being part of our exclusive little club, rather than be a fan of a team like the patriots whose fanbase is filled with jolly come latelys and prawn sandwhich eaters!

How many Texans fans do you reckon there are in the UK?

Cheers for the feedback on Reliant Stadium and the Texans fans. I can't wait to go someday soon. With a baby on the way I think I might have to wait a few Years though.

Glad the Texans like the English. Thats always good.

In termsa of fans in the UK. I think NFLUK said there are about 1,000 registered with the site but I think in terms of active members there are about 10 of us. We are definatley have one of the smaller fanbases compared to the other teams on the site.

hoopy7
02.11.2009, 10:00 AM
Been to Houston twice, the first time was for the Superbowl and the other was to see Green Bay on a Monday night game a few years back, have to say Houston is a great city, and the fans were fantastic.

Only place i can say i have been that is better has to be Tampa, i just love Tampa (not the team) but the tailgaiting and the stadium.

TexansTaylor
02.11.2009, 01:55 PM
Been to Houston twice, the first time was for the Superbowl and the other was to see Green Bay on a Monday night game a few years back, have to say Houston is a great city, and the fans were fantastic.

Only place i can say i have been that is better has to be Tampa, i just love Tampa (not the team) but the tailgaiting and the stadium.

I have been to Tampa a couple of times and it is great there for a holiday and for watching sports. Nice Beaches and easy to get around the place.

I cant wait to go to Houston someday though.

themightycheets
02.11.2009, 05:54 PM
Cheers for the feedback on Reliant Stadium and the Texans fans. I can't wait to go someday soon. With a baby on the way I think I might have to wait a few Years though.

Glad the Texans like the English. Thats always good.

In termsa of fans in the UK. I think NFLUK said there are about 1,000 registered with the site but I think in terms of active members there are about 10 of us. We are definatley have one of the smaller fanbases compared to the other teams on the site.
I love being part of this exclusive little club and also no-one can ever accuse us of being glory hunters!
I have been to Reliant for the Houston Rodeo (which is great fun in itself) and the stadium was really good with a great view and really good amenities and was one of the things that made me support this team. I can't wait to get there for a Texans game some day.
If we make the playoffs this year (assuming we get a wild card and will be away) the wife might have to wait for the new kitchen...

TexansTaylor
02.11.2009, 08:56 PM
I love being part of this exclusive little club and also no-one can ever accuse us of being glory hunters!
I have been to Reliant for the Houston Rodeo (which is great fun in itself) and the stadium was really good with a great view and really good amenities and was one of the things that made me support this team. I can't wait to get there for a Texans game some day.
If we make the playoffs this year (assuming we get a wild card and will be away) the wife might have to wait for the new kitchen...

I might join you there on that one mate.

Having our first Baby in May so last chance of freedom before me and the wife are stuck at home for a while.

I will have not chance of seeing them play for a few Years unless it is at Wembley.

themightycheets
03.11.2009, 09:41 AM
Congratulations! Both of my sons were born in May (now 2 and half and a half), so a good month to have babies! Both will be kitted out in some texans gear this sunday pm! Playoff trip would be awesome.

TexansTaylor
03.11.2009, 02:19 PM
Congratulations! Both of my sons were born in May (now 2 and half and a half), so a good month to have babies! Both will be kitted out in some texans gear this sunday pm! Playoff trip would be awesome.

Thanks. Congrats on the 2 kids. Glad to see they are also Texans fans.

I think I will buy my kid a Toro Mascot so they get into supporting the Texans from day 1. My wife has insisted they support Tottenham for football though. Poor child.

Texans_Martin
06.11.2009, 08:12 PM
I was at the game wearing my blue No.37 D.Davis top, its the only one i have at the moment as it was cheap on ebay, looking at getting a Schaub or owen daniels top soon, maybe for xmas.

pajulater3000
03.01.2010, 10:52 AM
I saw one other Texans fan at Wembley, still what made me chuckle was that they had sold out of large Texans shirts before I got there.

themightycheets
05.01.2010, 06:11 PM
Maybe they just didn't bring any with them to sell!

If people are going to Wembley again we should meet up at halftime next year for a beer and then send a photo to the Texans website - see if we can get on there.

TexasTechUK
01.04.2010, 08:52 AM
sounds like a plan or meet at the green man pub.

seantheprawn
23.04.2010, 11:45 PM
Definately, dont think we enough for a fan club, but we should definately meet up for a beer! Not very often I get to talk to a fellow Texan fan face to face, I'm surrounded by Pats and Dolphins fans :(

GoTexans!
27.04.2010, 10:19 PM
I will be at the travel lodge on the north circular but will make the Green man, match day or night before

TexansTaylor
05.05.2010, 04:15 PM

If people are going to Wembley again we should meet up at halftime next year for a beer and then send a photo to the Texans website - see if we can get on there.

That sounds like a great idea. I am up for that.:)

seantheprawn
06.08.2010, 11:46 AM

Yeah, another idea might be to send them into the Houston chronicle bloggers, as they often include fan photos in their blogs!

We definately need to arrange a meet up at Wembley this year!

themightycheets
27.10.2010, 09:53 AM
Will head to the Green Man pre kick off on Sunday. Will approach anyone I see in Texans regalia and hope that they are from the Forum. Hope to meet some of you there.

seantheprawn
27.10.2010, 12:30 PM
Sounds a plan, I will be wearing an authentic Andre Johnson blue jersey, most likely see you all in the boozer!

themightycheets
27.10.2010, 02:36 PM
Perfect - grey Texans hoodie and faded cap for me (if I can find it).

GoTexans!
27.10.2010, 07:11 PM
I will have my new white Matt Schaub shirt, got myself the premier version as I am swamped by the real playing shirts (used to have a Rich Gannon Raiders playing shirt size 48, the smallest I could get - it was like a dress/smock...).

Really pleased with it as it has the sewn numbers rather than screen printed... customs stung me which was bad and added £20 to the price.

seantheprawn
27.10.2010, 10:06 PM
Yeah I'm 6 foot 4 and my 48 authentic only just fits me. I also have the white premier jersey and find then really good quality for the price they retail at.

GoTexans!
29.10.2010, 01:43 PM
true... I would advise anyone who isn't over 6 feet or big to go for the Premier... only $30 more than the screen printed versions but much better.

TexansTaylor
03.11.2010, 10:26 PM
I was at Wembley. Went to the Tailgate before the game. Was wearing my Andre Johnson jersey and a Texans baseball cap. Sat in block K. Great day. Saw a few Texans during the day which was good to see.

Go Texans

GoTexans!
05.11.2010, 07:56 PM
saw quite a few... one other with the white Schaub shirt, a Green and probably 6-7 Johnsons (ooh err missus)...

My Bills mate even met a few of his lot!

TexansTaylor
05.11.2010, 09:17 PM
Am hoping to get the White Schaub jersey for Christmas from my wife. I have given enough hints I think.

I like the Blue Andre Johnson jersey but everyone has it as it's the main one on sale in the UK. It is a cool Jersey though.

themightycheets
09.11.2010, 01:52 PM
If I was to get a jersey I would have to go Battle Red and probably Johnson, as he is our most consistent player week in week out. I didn't get to the pub beforehand, but spoke to a texans fan outside the ground for a bit and then another at the station on the way home. Sounds like we are growing in number! Someone sort out the pass defence - people can score at will against us. Have to win this weekend, otherwise I think we are done for the year (even with our traditional end of season rally).

NFL_Rich
14.08.2012, 09:16 PM
Any Texans going to the Rams Patriots game?