PDA

View Full Version : when will our next win be?

lochhibs
26.10.2009, 11:19 PM
im really worried about tonights game and future weeks.if we dont get a win tonight i hope the bye week does something to the team as i think we might need to wait til week 14(@ raiders) before we win again.got some tough games coming up so hopefully the players step up and produce the goods before then.

as for tonights game,well lets see.hope the eagles are as bad on offence as they were last week.dont have any confidence in the entire offence so we need the D to keep us in the game.wonder if sherman will be a little less cautious than zorn and let jc air the ball out.hopefully the O line can give jc some time in the pocket and open some holes for cp to hit.heres hoping.

Gman84
27.10.2009, 04:32 AM
I seriously believe we won't win again this season.

steblin
27.10.2009, 12:53 PM
I'm going to watch the game tonight, I paid for Gamepass so might as well get my moneys worth!

From the sounds of it though sounded like another depressing night, especially if we loose Cooley for the season ...

How did the o-line hold up?

Crazy87
27.10.2009, 01:49 PM
I'm going to watch the game tonight, I paid for Gamepass so might as well get my moneys worth!

From the sounds of it though sounded like another depressing night, especially if we loose Cooley for the season ...

How did the o-line hold up?

6 sacks, longest run 11 yards (by Cartwright), one fumble. Not great...:mad:

lochhibs
27.10.2009, 03:09 PM
i didnt see much improvement at all.the tipped ball was unlucky but didnt feel they were ever going to comeback after going 17-0 behind.jc got a little more time but still doesnt look confident or have any composure in the pocket.cp didnt do much.cooley out for the rest of the season although fred davis did well when he came on.devin thomas took a couple of good catches and should be looked for more.D still look pretty solid but offensively we are poor.

some play calling was laughable again.dont know how many 3rd and 5+ plays were a dunk off for 3 or 4 yards.then to go for it on 4th and goal with 7 minutes left when you need 3 scores didnt make sense.no feeling of urgency from the players.the body language said it all.they looked beat from the kick off.

also gave away stupid penalties when in good positions.to go from 2nd and 5 to 2nd 20 and out of field goal range then the D giving away a 15 yard penalty when the eagles would have ben 3rd and long was stupid.they really hurt us at important times.

overall im giving up on this season.dont know what will happen but changes need to be made.D still sound but offence are rotten.no O line,a shaky qb,stroppy rb and wrs who must feel they are really up against it with some of the play calling.wouldnt be surprised to see a qb 1st pick in the draft.its needed but not sure if we need a qb more than we need O line.

cokey
27.10.2009, 10:35 PM

...if...

vinny gets the bullet;

we find a quarterback who has some confidence (sorry JC but after defending you for a long time even i have lost patience now)

vinny gets the bullet again (just to make sure);

we sign some offensive linemen (that's the big fatties up front vinny if you are reading this!!!!- cos the danny won't fire his buddy so ignore points 1 & 3)

my_friend_goo
28.10.2009, 12:50 PM
This season? If we're lucky, when they manage to find an offensive line arrangement that can keep JC on his feet and open holes for CP, JC hits open receivers rather than failing to spot them and when the Red Zone offence becomes effective.

Is that likely to happen, though?

I can only hope that Dan Snyder searches deep within himself for the answer to this situation and doesn't go for the latest high profile signings to try and provide an immediate fix (a perceived one, any way). He's come under a huge amount of criticism, but will this help him, or just create a greater culture of resent, one which will ultimately do more harm than good as he tries to defend himself? Whilst some of his actions have been "misguided", I honestly believe that Dan is a fan of this team and wants them to do well and that he isn't a bad person. For all of his errors of judgement, he has shown some class (e.g. in the handling of Sean Taylor's death). But as it stands, the only way I can support him is through a multi-step programme to recovery, which starts with realising that the thing he enjoys doing the most is the one thing which is causing him the most harm - trying to run the team. Whilst the thrill of acquiring those free agents and seeing wins and feeling as though ultimately it was his doing must be a phenomenal feeling, he won't ever save himself until he learns that he can get as much of a thrill by knowing that he made the right choice in handing over the reigns to somebody he trusts and won't overrule, somebody with a superior knowledge of football and better interpersonal skills. Snyder has many good skills - recognising how to make money and getting people on board and he can still use these effectively without trying to build the roster himself. I don't see him selling the team, so instead I want to see him change and I want to see him succeed, but the latter won't come without the former.

When Wellington Mara of the New York Giants died, the team came out and played with maximum passion for him and blew out our Redskins. If (and under no circumstances do I want this to happen!) the same were to happen to Snyder, I doubt we'd see the same. That's a sad situation, but it's fixable, but like anybody suffering from an addicition, with all the help in the world, the only person who can help him is himself.

BAZILBARRY
29.10.2009, 01:09 AM
This season? If we're lucky, when they manage to find an offensive line arrangement that can keep JC on his feet and open holes for CP, JC hits open receivers rather than failing to spot them and when the Red Zone offence becomes effective.

Is that likely to happen, though?

I can only hope that Dan Snyder searches deep within himself for the answer to this situation and doesn't go for the latest high profile signings to try and provide an immediate fix (a perceived one, any way). He's come under a huge amount of criticism, but will this help him, or just create a greater culture of resent, one which will ultimately do more harm than good as he tries to defend himself? Whilst some of his actions have been "misguided", I honestly believe that Dan is a fan of this team and wants them to do well and that he isn't a bad person. For all of his errors of judgement, he has shown some class (e.g. in the handling of Sean Taylor's death). But as it stands, the only way I can support him is through a multi-step programme to recovery, which starts with realising that the thing he enjoys doing the most is the one thing which is causing him the most harm - trying to run the team. Whilst the thrill of acquiring those free agents and seeing wins and feeling as though ultimately it was his doing must be a phenomenal feeling, he won't ever save himself until he learns that he can get as much of a thrill by knowing that he made the right choice in handing over the reigns to somebody he trusts and won't overrule, somebody with a superior knowledge of football and better interpersonal skills. Snyder has many good skills - recognising how to make money and getting people on board and he can still use these effectively without trying to build the roster himself. I don't see him selling the team, so instead I want to see him change and I want to see him succeed, but the latter won't come without the former.

When Wellington Mara of the New York Giants died, the team came out and played with maximum passion for him and blew out our Redskins. If (and under no circumstances do I want this to happen!) the same were to happen to Snyder, I doubt we'd see the same. That's a sad situation, but it's fixable, but like anybody suffering from an addicition, with all the help in the world, the only person who can help him is himself.
Wow,what a deep answer...
Um,I`ll go a little lighter and say next week........yes I know it`s our bye week,but at least it won`t be a loss....lol

RickySanders
29.10.2009, 09:44 AM
I love goo's post, excellent stuff.
I agree with GMan, i honestly can't see us getting another win this season. Oakland is probably the easiest game on our remaining schedule, I struggle to see us winning that though.

wuds100
30.10.2009, 03:54 AM
I think we will get at least 4 wins this year, I dont think the number 1 pick
will do us any favours with maybe a 4-6 pick suiting us better financially,
I see us taking at least 1 div game with the Raiders and Broncos games
decent possibilitys also, I would make every move next spring to be ones
upgrading the O-Line with 1st round a Tackle, 2nd round a Center/Guard
and a Center/Guard through FA, I would cut Daniels, R Thomas and Samuels
and look to move forward in a 2-3 year plan with a QB further down the line,
Portis would also be a possibility to go because of his temper in what could be
a trying few years, Any 1st round offers would have to be considered especially
on the D as our offence needs all the help it can get.

Jack Presley
02.11.2009, 05:48 PM
At least there was no Redskins defeat this weekend! You gotta love bye weeks with a team like this

wullie
03.11.2009, 08:42 PM
At least there was no Redskins defeat this weekend! You gotta love bye weeks with a team like this

Hell yeah! And with the Rams and Titans winning we are even closer to that much prized #1 draft pick (and months of Skins mentions on NFLTA!) Whats not to like???!

RickySanders
04.11.2009, 01:57 PM
Anybody know who is likely to be the top projected Tackle in next year's draft??

Russell Okung?

Riggo
07.11.2009, 07:19 PM
Getting the number 1 pick is curse, not a blessing.

Jack Presley
07.11.2009, 07:47 PM
Getting the number 1 pick is curse, not a blessing.

Yeah, but we'll be about 4 or 5 which will be alright.