PDA

View Full Version : All gone belly up in Atlanta

liverbirdpie
08.11.2009, 07:57 PM
Campbell being smashed up all half long, Portis not returning, already down and out of it on the scoreboard.

Not a journey home I'd be looking forward too

liverbirdpie
08.11.2009, 08:25 PM
and i really hope this thread is made a mockery of by the result.

Back in it and have hope :0)

fyodor dostoevsky
08.11.2009, 09:35 PM
well beaten over the 60 and lost again to a team thats no better than average. Game after game our first two quarters raise serious questions about team preperation. We look awful in the first 2 quarters. What is our coaching staff doing?!

liverbirdpie
08.11.2009, 09:49 PM
It seems bizarre that we cant get through 17 points, I will be honest.

And having seen the TD from Turner, I'd have the secondary tackling against the run all week long. Tired of seeing individual errors cost us all season long. Especially given that we had just got back into the game.

Major shake up has to come in the off season, from GM right the way through

fyodor dostoevsky
08.11.2009, 10:15 PM
well fans have been demanding an end of season clean out for about 10 years!

the TD drive the falcons had just near half time was one of the easiest drives I have seen in some time. We did nothing and the run off our right side and an easy cut up field to the end zone was pathetic.

liverbirdpie
08.11.2009, 10:28 PM
and on the flip side of the ball, Campbell takes 5 huge hits in the first half, Portis got knocked clean out and cant remember the play making him a doubt for next week.

And love him or hate him, Campbell showed good heart coming back out and sticking in there. Strange thing is the Defence have shown some of the few positives this year, just didnt get it done today.

This is such an important year Free agency and draft wise (no salary cap?) that the clear out must happen, Cerrato has to go, and Zorn should be let go of respectfully, he's in a situation he should never have been put in, and I cant help but think that VC went for an inexperienced coach to save his own bacon.

wuds100
09.11.2009, 02:01 AM
Betts display was a positive and would lean towards us becoming
a double punch running team, However I think Portis dictates to Zorn
rather than the other way and he always wants the meaningful carries,
As good as he is and although he holds little trade value I would not be
too disapointed if he went in the offseason.

liverbirdpie
09.11.2009, 07:53 PM
big question hangs over Snyder having the balls to chop VC off season to get this back on track

Boltonian
09.11.2009, 10:56 PM
If he doesn't get rid of Cerrato he will have a half empty stadium next year.

I have a feeling that not only will Cerrato be gone, but at least half of them
overpaid chumps that call themselves players as well.

wuds100
10.11.2009, 01:32 AM
If he doesn't get rid of Cerrato he will have a half empty stadium next year.

I have a feeling that not only will Cerrato be gone, but at least half of them
overpaid chumps that call themselves players as well.

Hope so, The only thing that worries me is whether everyone is going to be patient
enough to allow for a rebuild, The biggest move could be that of the next HC.

liverbirdpie
11.11.2009, 10:21 PM
Hope so, The only thing that worries me is whether everyone is going to be patient
enough to allow for a rebuild, The biggest move could be that of the next HC.

I think if people see the right steps being taken then patience will go hand in hand with that. People can see that on and off the field, we are a long way from where we want to be, but knocking down and rebuilding from the foundations up can put things back on the right track