PDA

View Full Version : Chris McAllister

MarkC07
18.11.2009, 12:38 PM
Signed.

I like this move, we're a bit short at CB now because of injurys and McAllister used to be a pretty good CB. He has to be at least better then Torrence

LeeVanCleef
18.11.2009, 01:55 PM
He still has something left in him if his knee injury is healed. I just hope being in NO doesn't make personal issues more severe.

DarrenSQh
18.11.2009, 05:09 PM
Hopefully this will turn out to be a good move. I agree we need more cover at CB.

What is Mike mackenzie doing these days?

Has anyone seen Mcallisters car? Its massive.

Hannibal
18.11.2009, 07:02 PM
Excellent move to sign McAlister only thing that has kept him on the free agents list has been the doubts teams had over his knee being 100%. Remember he is a former Pro Bowl player and no injury will take away that kind of talent. How much better will th Saints defence know become ? Its' getting frightening what with Ellis expected back shortly also.

LeeVanCleef
19.11.2009, 04:22 PM
Excellent move to sign McAlister only thing that has kept him on the free agents list has been the doubts teams had over his knee being 100%.

And alledgedly being an unrepentant alcholic with attitude/discipline problems.

Hannibal
20.11.2009, 09:45 AM
And alledgedly being an unrepentant alcholic with attitude/discipline problems.

They also said the same about Dean Martin and it did,nt hold his career back I may add.

LeeVanCleef
20.11.2009, 05:20 PM
They also said the same about Dean Martin and it did,nt hold his career back I may add.

Maybe. But it's one of the reasons CMac has been on the street this long.

Hannibal
21.11.2009, 10:35 PM
Maybe. But it's one of the reasons CMac has been on the street this long.

I think that there are two contrasting philosophies in the NFL regarding players with personal issues. One philosophy is that players deserve a second chance and the other that it only takes one bad apple to upset the apple cart.

For example the Vikings represent the former, they brought in Jeff George when he had major character issues, problems with alcohol and a reputation for confrontations with coaches. He was nothing but a model citizen while in Minnesota, nevertheless after one successful season he never got resigned by the Vikings, which was probably more of a business decision than anything else, and faded away out of the league when no other team was willing to take a chance on him.

When the Vikings were said to be going to draft Percy Harvin earlier this year I thought it a bad move because he had issues also but the team did its' due diligence and Harvin has been nothing short of a revelation.

I think that a good example of the latter philosophy would be Chicago, when Tank Johnson began having off-field issues he was soon let go from the team.

Possibly the off-field issues concerning McAlister have been over inflated, if he had any serious issues with alcohol he would currently be in the league substance abuse programme and made even under match suspension much the same as Adam Jones was.

LeeVanCleef
22.11.2009, 01:11 PM
Possibly the off-field issues concerning McAlister have been over inflated, if he had any serious issues with alcohol he would currently be in the league substance abuse programme and made even under match suspension much the same as Adam Jones was.

No he wouldn't because drinking is not illegal and he's not been arrested for something like DUI whilst Goodell has been on his power trip. You go into the treatment program as a result of an infraction or personal choice, CMac has been lucky to avoid those. I'm throwing the word Allegedly in here, but this is pretty much common knowledge among people around the Ravens organisation, Ravens fans, and has been leaked at times by reporters. He has had these issues for a number of years, and it was tolerated by Billick up to a point. Harbaugh is having none of it because he is a disciplinarian, but more than that, CMac hit boiling point last year. Suffice it to say there are a number of incidents that occured which led to him being on the street. With the problems the Ravens have at corner do you think he'd not still be there? He burnt his bridges with the organisation because of his personal issues.

Despite all of this most Ravens fans still have affection for him because he was one of the best corners in the league for a while, and had he not had these issues he had the talent to be more. It's disappointing to see a guy not compeltely fulfil his potential.

Anyway, it's a moot issue now, he's finally off the street. I just hope that being in NO isn't too much of a temptation for him.