PDA

View Full Version : Portis: Your Critic Were Right

Riggo
22.11.2009, 07:02 PM
I just saw Rock Cartwright gain 30 yds on a play where Portis would have gained 1.

The critics were right...he has no vision and misses daylight and these last two weeks of Betts and Cartwright has shown Portis to be washed up.

liverbirdpie
22.11.2009, 07:17 PM
The strange thing is that 2-3 weeks ago, everybody was ready for Betts and Cartwright be a part of the huge clear out, but now they have had their chances and playing well, they are getting the praise they deserve. But the key thing is to see this RB combo in 4 weeks time, when they've been nicked up and smashed a few weeks running and see how they run the ball. I hope the same way as now, as they are doing a great job running in tandem. Hopefully, when Portis does return, it gets rid of his "comfortable" attitude, as he has seen he has real competition from within the current ranks

liverbirdpie
22.11.2009, 07:20 PM
And TD now would be just whats needed after they missed that FG

Harwich Hog
23.11.2009, 12:15 PM
I just saw Rock Cartwright gain 30 yds on a play where Portis would have gained 1.

The critics were right...he has no vision and misses daylight and these last two weeks of Betts and Cartwright has shown Portis to be washed up.

DING! DING! DING! DING! DING!

(What he said).

fugitive
23.11.2009, 12:26 PM
I have been one of the Portis critics over the years and nothing has happened to change my opinion.

Betts always did well when he had time to settle and Cartwright racked up a load of yards last night.