PDA

View Full Version : Second-, third-stringers playing well

sKiNsFaN
30.11.2009, 02:01 PM
Clinton who?

Chris who?

How come we're adding points-on-the-board to yards-on-the-stat-sheet since losing our two play-makers on offense? Fred Davis played a blinder in Philly last night and Betts, Cartwright have been solid in replacing CP.

Two weeks in a row we've been minutes away from morale-boosting wins on the road against division foes, following a solid home win over Denver. We're two big plays away from a 3-0 streak right now and looking much more likely to score than at any time in the previous eight games.

Is this an indictment against the big-money starters or are backups simply benefiting from an o-line that's (finally!) found form?

These remaining five games suddenly look less formidable. An expected road win over a frankly awful Raiders team, combined with winable games at home vs the Cowboys and Giants and we might just avoid a complete trainwreck of a season and finish near even. I couldn't have said that with a straight face a month ago.

wuds100
30.11.2009, 06:07 PM
Clinton who?

Chris who?

How come we're adding points-on-the-board to yards-on-the-stat-sheet since losing our two play-makers on offense? Fred Davis played a blinder in Philly last night and Betts, Cartwright have been solid in replacing CP.

Two weeks in a row we've been minutes away from morale-boosting wins on the road against division foes, following a solid home win over Denver. We're two big plays away from a 3-0 streak right now and looking much more likely to score than at any time in the previous eight games.

Is this an indictment against the big-money starters or are backups simply benefiting from an o-line that's (finally!) found form?

These remaining five games suddenly look less formidable. An expected road win over a frankly awful Raiders team, combined with winable games at home vs the Cowboys and Giants and we might just avoid a complete trainwreck of a season and finish near even. I couldn't have said that with a straight face a month ago.

I think it could be a bit of both regarding your point on the O-Line and the backups,
The O-Line has definitly settled down though I would still look to upgrade it,
For the backups it is good to see north/south ruuners looking to hit the hole everytime
instead of watching CP stuttering east/west waiting for a big gap to emerge that
never does, Campbell is getting more throws on 1st and 2nd down making us less predictable and with the Rock next to him he at last has the option of the screen/draw
keeping opposing Ds on there toes and minumising the number of blitzes against him,
Its also good to see more plays getting made by Thomas/Kelly and Davis this has to
bode well for next year.
I would agree that the remaining games could net us 3 or more wins but I as much as
you dont want to lose every week I would like us to draft in the top 5-6.

Boltonian
30.11.2009, 11:05 PM
Great thread, i wrote a post a few weeks back about how i would like the Skins to
have a complete clearout at the end of the season, getting rid of a lot of the so
called stars(Portis,Rogers,Samuels,R Thomas,Rabach,Fletcher,Smoot,Wynn,Daniels,
Moss,Griffin,Betts) and any more who will not be able to contribute in a 3 to 4 year
rebuilding programme, and as wuds100 says i would like for the younger stars to
continue to get better but with maybe just 1 more win(Cowboys) so that we can
get 2 of the top OL in the 1st 2 rounds of the draft, and also pick a young OL up in
FA.

Riggo
30.11.2009, 11:47 PM
Something like $53 Million in salary was on the sideline injured instead of on the field on Sunday