PDA

View Full Version : Chris Johnson to break 2k?

big_dannyvee
01.12.2009, 12:17 PM
I'm not surprised, the annual 'let's get excited about someone going 16-0' fever, is currently gripping the NFL, since the Colts and Saints are perfect thus far.

However I've heard nothing on the possibility of Johnson breaking 2000yards. I have to admit that with work I haven't caught much other than what I get to see on a Sunday.
But I'm pretty sure that Johnson's average yards/game are enough to give him 2000+ if he maintains his current momentum.
And for me it's more likely than another 16-0 team.

Have I missed something? Or am I right in thinking that the Titans and their stars being ignored?

Cheers

markhr
01.12.2009, 03:22 PM
Don't jinx it,man!

Yes, there was some talk about it on NFLTA after this w/end's games but "purfick sysun" does dominate the waffle....sorry, analysis.

AntiPop
02.12.2009, 09:30 PM
They talked about it quite a bit during last weeks game, he's apparently averging enough per game to beat Dickerson's single season record of 2105 yards which is pretty mad. Certainly the Titans haven't been getting much credit for this stuff I think mainly because we were written off at 0-6, people are starting to take notice now after our fantastic run though.

I hope our run continues and we hit 10-6 and I hope Johnson leads us there, that'd make these guys (talking when we were 1-6) look like a right bunch of chumps! :)

http://www.nfl.com/videos/tennessee-titans/09000d5d813f2eb6

CharlieBear
02.12.2009, 09:58 PM
he's apparently averging enough per game to beat Dickerson's single season record of 2105 yards

I think he's been a bit more productive recently, but if he continues at the pace he's at for the season as a whole, he'll only (only) make 2031 yards. He needs to average about 142 yards per game in the last 5 weeks to break Dickerson's record. :)