PDA

View Full Version : anybody tell me

washingtonredskins1
06.12.2009, 12:03 PM
whats the american football paper magazine used to be called. i cant find it anywhere.

citizenstu
07.12.2009, 02:47 PM
The weekly paper in the UK that I used to get was called First Down but it's no longer in existence. I seem to remeber a mate of mine also got a monthly (?) magazine by the same publishers but I'm not certain what it was called.

If you're after NFL news, results, etc then you obviously have websites such as this one and official NFL sites, as well as ESPN and such like.

If you're after more opinion articles and stuff, I read the Washington rags online - google Washington Post and Washington Times. I prefer the Post.

I've seen a thread somewhere on this forum suggesting the old First Down writers now contribute to a site called Football Diner.

Of course, if it's good old hard copy you're after, I think it's american publications (if you can find them) or bust.

Hope some of that helps a bit.

Britskin
07.12.2009, 03:30 PM
The monthly magazine was called Touchdown.

washingtonredskins1
07.12.2009, 04:30 PM
The weekly paper in the UK that I used to get was called First Down but it's no longer in existence. I seem to remeber a mate of mine also got a monthly (?) magazine by the same publishers but I'm not certain what it was called.

If you're after NFL news, results, etc then you obviously have websites such as this one and official NFL sites, as well as ESPN and such like.

If you're after more opinion articles and stuff, I read the Washington rags online - google Washington Post and Washington Times. I prefer the Post.

I've seen a thread somewhere on this forum suggesting the old First Down writers now contribute to a site called Football Diner.

Of course, if it's good old hard copy you're after, I think it's american publications (if you can find them) or bust.

Hope some of that helps a bit.

yes thanks for that

yeaa first down thats it, ohh what a shame

citizenstu
07.12.2009, 04:33 PM
It is a shame in a way - First Down was my main source of reference back in the day for checking results and standings and stuff.

I still have my First Down Superbowl XXVI Edition at home.

sKiNsFaN
08.12.2009, 01:38 PM
It is a shame in a way - First Down was my main source of reference back in the day for checking results and standings and stuff.

I still have my First Down Superbowl XXVI Edition at home.

Still got my SB XXII one too! ;)

The headline was "Paint The Town Red!" featuring a mohawked Alvin Walton.

citizenstu
09.12.2009, 11:27 AM
Still got my SB XXII one too! ;)

The headline was "Paint The Town Red!" featuring a mohawked Alvin Walton.

Class - I hadn't been fully introduced to the delights the NFL had to offer that early. My knowledge of XXII and XVII comes from reading and historical film and stuff. Them were the days.