PDA

View Full Version : The Last 3 Weeks

Britskin
06.12.2009, 10:00 PM
The offence has shown some real positive signs in the last 3 weeks however we need to learn to put a game away.

In each of the last 3 weeks a play in the last 2 mins of the first half has cost us dear. Whether its a missed fg, interception allowing the Eagles to get another 3pts on the board or a fumble return for a td. Maybe the Skins are being too aggresive in our play calling at the end of the half when we are leading.

For all Suisham had not missed a FG until the Dallas game he has cost us the Dallas and the Saints games by missing easy FGS. We have not had much luck in this department since John Halls first season.

You can only say we choked in these games.

Kildare Krackers
06.12.2009, 10:15 PM
Ye guys played very well today, I must admit I did not think that you were as good a team. Saints rode their luck tonight. Ye deserve to be better than 3-9, but I suppose that comes as little comfort.

Gman84
07.12.2009, 12:12 PM
I think you have seen a couple of things. Keeping the run game simple, one on one blocking, allow the guys to do their jobs. Mike Williams could be our right guard next year and depending on Samuels situation, I think Levi Jones can be our Andy Heck of the late 90's.

As for Campbell and the passing game, I think Sherm has removed the short timing stuff, put in a few hitches which are similar but not as reliant on timing and then took the 5 and 7 step WCO stuff that suits Campbell better and added a few rollouts to give him some escape options. The results are pleasing to the eye.

I'm still a Campbell doubter on the basis he chokes and did so again yesterday although I don't blame him for the loss, that little Canadian git is firmly to blame there, but the int was an awful throw and if Vilma had not had his momentum take him out of bounds it could have been six the other way.

Campbell needs to win a couple of games to firmly convince me he has a future here and when I say win, I mean in the sense like Drew Brees did yesterday, give him a sniff of a chance and he bits your hand off taking it.

JD for breakfast
07.12.2009, 07:59 PM
Campbell needs to win a couple of games to firmly convince me he has a future here and when I say win, I mean in the sense like Drew Brees did yesterday, give him a sniff of a chance and he bits your hand off taking it.

I think he needs to convince himself of that. The ability is there in spades and when he gets protection he looks the part even without a dominant running game to fall back on as we saw yesterday but lately he just seems to lose his head when the game is on the line. Getting a win or two under his belt is the only way that's going to change

Riggo
11.12.2009, 01:10 AM
the optimist in me wants to go along with the thread, and say things are looking up. But losing a close game to a good team isn't any better than losing a close game to a bad team. A loss is a loss and to continually lose close games.

I blame Dan Snyder for everthing, including sun spots.