PDA

View Full Version : Important Suisham misses

Ledders
08.12.2009, 02:11 PM
1) Seattle 2006
2) Dallas 2009
3) Saints 2009

All under 40 yards I think? Anymore spring to mind?

wuds100
08.12.2009, 07:04 PM
Not sure but the good news is there wont be anymore.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story?id=09000d5d814d0ccb&template=with-video-with-comments&confirm=true

wullie
08.12.2009, 08:39 PM
Maybe we should have a parallel thread "important suisham hits" Because he did win us a few OT games as I recall??

But the main issue was his inability to consistently hit a 50 yarder. His career longest is something like 52 yards for the skins - that just doesnt cut in in the NFL.

Redskins need a consistent kicker - something Suisham never was - and you have to wonder how he kept his job for as long as he did,

But as i said at the start - he did win us a few games - so i say thanks, so long and goodbye

NicWeeks
08.12.2009, 09:06 PM
Missing a sitter like he did on Sunday, especially after all the effort the rest of the team put in, he just had to go.

Let's hope the new guy can win us a few!

Ledders
09.12.2009, 03:49 PM
Maybe we should have a parallel thread "important suisham hits" Because he did win us a few OT games as I recall??

But the main issue was his inability to consistently hit a 50 yarder. His career longest is something like 52 yards for the skins - that just doesnt cut in in the NFL.

Redskins need a consistent kicker - something Suisham never was - and you have to wonder how he kept his job for as long as he did,

But as i said at the start - he did win us a few games - so i say thanks, so long and goodbye

A very odd kicker. Everytime he did make a decent long range kick he would often then kick it straight out of bounds and give up 15-20 yards. Any important kick from close distance he used to make a meal of and missed some vital ones. In a strange way I will kind of miss his unpredicatable nature, it almost brought a strange sense of excitement about, from 30 yards, will he, won't he type thing, quickly followed by anger (like Sunday).

Riggo
11.12.2009, 01:14 AM

I disagree about the length. All you need is a kicker that makes everything from 40yds and closer, but he has to make EVERYTHING

jklcan1
24.12.2009, 06:54 PM
hopefully after this weekends game,we can add another few to the list.