PDA

View Full Version : Redskins live on BBC Radio this weekend

NeilReynolds
09.12.2009, 11:38 AM
Calling all Washington Redskins fans... we will be airing live coverage of your team's clash with the Oakland Raiders on BBC Radio this Sunday.

Arlo White, myself and Greg Brady will present the action from 9pm on Sunday evening. You can find us on BBC Radio Five Live Sports Extra. You can access that station via your digital radio, the BBC website or your television set.

In addition to focusing on the game itself, we will be looking at what has happened to these two storied franchises in recent seasons and what the future holds. It would be great to have as many Redskins fans involved as possible and we will try to read out as many of your texts and emails. We will give out details of how to get in touch during the broadcast.

We will also have a live interview with NFL UK Managing Director Alistair Kirkwood - hopefully he will give us some good news about international games in the UK in 2010!

Look forward to having the Redskins' Fun Bunch join us on Sunday night.

cheers

Neil Reynolds

citizenstu
09.12.2009, 12:12 PM
Without boring anyone with the details it's been a particularly expensive year this year so I haven't bothered with Gamepass this season.

This has the potential to be a good game so I'll be doing my best to switch off sky sports and tuning into the Beeb (or rather listening via t'internet) instead.

NeilReynolds
09.12.2009, 12:17 PM
"I'll be doing my best to switch off sky sports and tuning into the Beeb"

That is music to my ears !!

citizenstu
09.12.2009, 12:25 PM
What are your hopes for the game - both teams have upped their performances the last few weeks?

It'll be interesting to listen to what features and debate you have going and how it all flows.

NeilReynolds
09.12.2009, 03:04 PM
I actually think it will be a decent game and I am looking forward to discussing the state of two massive franchises who have fallen from grace in recent years.

Be good to get the fans of both teams involved to tell us what has gone wrong and what the future holds.

Hope you can tune in and give us a listen.

regards
Neil

steblin
09.12.2009, 03:18 PM
I'll be watching on Gamepass but will probably listen in to the show as well, always good to hear the thoughts of the UK fans of the teams!

I agree though, this could be a good game, two poor teams this season who have started showing a bit of life, can't decide whether the Redskins will be fired up or demoralised after the last 3 weeks ...

Ledders
09.12.2009, 03:52 PM
I actually think it will be a decent game and I am looking forward to discussing the state of two massive franchises who have fallen from grace in recent years.

Be good to get the fans of both teams involved to tell us what has gone wrong and what the future holds.

Hope you can tune in and give us a listen.

regards
Neil

As it's you I'll make an allowance and watch Gamepass with the sound down. However, getting the action in Sync might be a challenge beyond my control.

NeilReynolds
09.12.2009, 04:05 PM
Gamepass is normally about 3 minutes behind our radio coverage... which makes it challenging when we're doing a game that is not on SKy.

Keeps us on our toes anyway.

Riggo
11.12.2009, 01:12 AM
120GBP a year TV licence and the BBC gives you Raiders Redskins?

A bit of civil disobedience is due

wuds100
11.12.2009, 02:46 AM
120GBP a year TV licence and the BBC gives you Raiders Redskins?

A bit of civil disobedience is due

Gather you have not seen Eastenders yet.

jklcan1
12.12.2009, 05:46 PM
it might be less stressful listening to a skins game as opposed to watching them lol.any coverage of our game in any form is always good.will be tuning in.