PDA

View Full Version : Undefeated vs. resting starters?

smokeswithwolves
14.12.2009, 09:53 PM
If the Saints clinch home field throughout the playoffs, do you think we should go for the undefeated season or rest our starters?

Sean Peyton has already made it clear that if given the opportunity we go for the perfect season. I agree. Given the sketchy history of the franchise, why not go for broke when we have the chance? But I can understand the other side of the coin. I mean what if Brees gets injured in a useless game? Would be the pits.

SteButt
14.12.2009, 10:08 PM
I never like the idea of resting players - Warren Sapp said it best, players like routine, don't take them out of it.

If a guy has a niggle then maybe err on the side of caution, but otherwise throw 'em in.

felly
15.12.2009, 01:13 PM
i say go for it. teams resting players in the past has hardly ever worked. we are on the brink of making history which may never come round again so keep going & 16-0 could be ours.

WHO DAT NATION.

DarrenSQh
15.12.2009, 01:42 PM
Go for it. After all these years i think we should try to take our chance at glory.

WHO DAT!!!

moss022
16.12.2009, 01:09 AM
Go for it. After all these years i think we should try to take our chance at glory.

WHO DAT!!!

isnt glory the superbowl?

i'd rather go 13-3 and win the superbowl

Vincent
16.12.2009, 01:16 AM
isnt glory the superbowl?

i'd rather go 13-3 and win the superbowl
Sorry to gatecrash the thread, but I 110% agree with this post.

Bloody hell, give me a 9-7 wildcard team and a superbowl ring over a 16-0 and no ring. Just ask the Pats.

thaidai84
16.12.2009, 12:12 PM
Our teams strength is offense. You can't just expect them to pick up the chemistry with a few series in a games and then through training. Yes I'd take a 13-3 season if it guaranteed the ring. But it doesn't guarantee a thing.

I say we ride this baby till the wheels come off.

martin3026
16.12.2009, 05:44 PM
Go for it but don't do anything stupid. It scares me when i see starters still in a game that had been won in the third qtr.

moss022
16.12.2009, 06:46 PM
Our teams strength is offense. You can't just expect them to pick up the chemistry with a few series in a games and then through training. Yes I'd take a 13-3 season if it guaranteed the ring. But it doesn't guarantee a thing.

I say we ride this baby till the wheels come off.

i agree i never said we should or shouldnt rest

i merely said we should do what ever it takes to get to and win the superbowl

IrishLion09
20.12.2009, 11:50 AM
So you got beat!big deal......The monkey is off your back and has just jumped on the Colts!

I'd rather lose now than in the Play-offs

The best of luck for the rest of the season:)