PDA

View Full Version : Falcons next season?

ianuk
31.12.2009, 12:36 PM
Looking at next years schedule the playoffs are a must. I know it is hard enough to predict Sundays results, let alone next season.
If we can avoid major injuries to key players, another year of experience for an ever promising Matt Ryan and consistancy from Roddy White with this schedule things look good:

Home
Bucs
Panthers
Saints
Cardinals
49ers
Ravens
Bengals
Packers

Away
Bucs
Panthers
Saints
Rams
Seahawks
Browns
Steelers
Cowboys or Eagles

falcon_91
31.12.2009, 07:48 PM
i can defeintly see 12-13 win season

We essentially get 2 1st rounders and 2 2nd rounders this year with William Moore and Peria Jerry coming back from IR

towen5
02.01.2010, 05:46 PM
You have to remember though, teams can do massive turn arounds like we ourselves have in the past. Look at Denver this year, everyone had them marked as an easy win pre season, yet they went 8-0

towen5
02.01.2010, 05:47 PM

We essentially get 2 1st rounders and 2 2nd rounders this year with William Moore and Peria Jerry coming back from IR

the same goes for injuries, just like these guys got injured, whos to say we wont loose people to injuries and loose key players.

At this point its a complete and utter guess game thats best to be left till after FA and the draft.

falcon_91
02.01.2010, 07:35 PM
Admit it though, you can see it too

towen5
02.01.2010, 07:39 PM
i see:

Home
Bucs - win
Panthers - win
Saints - unsure
Cardinals - unsure
49ers - win
Ravens - unsure
Bengals - unsure
Packers - unsure

Away
Bucs - unsure
Panthers - lose
Saints - lose
Rams - win
Seahawks - win
Browns - win
Steelers - unsure
Cowboys or Eagles - lose

Theres only six at this point id expect a win. But even then, like i said, Denver would have been one of those last year. Miami had a 1-15 turn around, we had a similar one.

Too early

Khaled
03.01.2010, 11:13 PM

Hugely ambitious. We don't even have a second rounder this year, and there's nothing to say Moore is going to develop into anything. Jerry should work his way into the rotation but lets not be fooled by our cornerbacks displays in the last 3 weeks; 2 rookie QBs and Brian Brohm have been faced.

I wouldnt even hazard a guess at this stage. Quietly confident, could do with upgrading at linebacker (Peterson is hit and miss) and in the secondary. Wouldnt mind some reinforncements on the offensive line. Clabo and Dahl both out of contract.

Be interesting to see if we find a way to trade down in the draft, but then I don't think we have that many needs. Top CB prospect is who, Haden? Doubt he falls to us.

falcon_91
04.01.2010, 09:52 PM
As for predicitions, don't underestimate our home form, we are 13-3 under Smith, and 13-1 under Ryan in the Dome

As for the CB situation, we have taken mid-round prospects from Houston to Owens over the last 3 years and none have panne dout completely, HAden wont be there when we pick but i dont thin khe is such a cant miss we should trae up for him. There should be some solid FA CBs available for us so would prefer us to get an experienced vet in, who knows he might help the younger guys aswell.

Devilfalc
06.01.2010, 08:16 PM
As long as we have a fair schedule next year (unlike this year's rubbish) and we stay fairly healthy, the birds will be just fine.

Jerry looked very good in his limited action, Biermann and Decoud will continue to improve and I expect Sidbury and Owens to make major strides forward next year.

With another good draft this year, we are on the verge of being a very very good team indeed.

Donners
08.01.2010, 05:58 AM

Would love that and oour schedule is a massive boost when you compare how we all felt about the schedule 12 months ago.

Remember though, our 2nd round pick this year is Tony Gonzalez, although there is a theory out there we could be receiving at least 4 comp picks, including 2 3rd rounders!!

Devilfalc
08.01.2010, 09:21 PM
We suffered a net loss of 3 qualifying FA's last year, so we shouldget 3 compensatory picks. I expect a 4th, 5th and 7th...

towen5
10.01.2010, 08:28 PM
As long as we have a fair schedule next year (unlike this year's rubbish) and we stay fairly healthy, the birds will be just fine.

Jerry looked very good in his limited action, Biermann and Decoud will continue to improve and I expect Sidbury and Owens to make major strides forward next year.

With another good draft this year, we are on the verge of being a very very good team indeed.

Staying healthy is a massive thing for every team. Every year the ones who stay the healthiest prosper.