PDA

View Full Version : Laron Landry

Harwich Hog
01.01.2010, 08:04 PM
A little fuel for discussion here...

Laron Landry won't be traded. He'll be cut. Discuss...

JoeHilditch
01.01.2010, 08:39 PM
Yes, he has been a bit off lately as appose to 2008.

Harwich Hog
01.01.2010, 08:46 PM
I don't think he's been a bit "off". I'd go so far as to say a liability. #6 picks should be amazing contributors. I would argue his rookie season was he best.

jklcan1
01.01.2010, 10:20 PM
landry always seems to want to make the big hit as opposed to the big play.

Riggo
01.01.2010, 10:45 PM
It is lack of talent of lack of ambition?

I never agree with spending such a high pick on safeties.

Harwich Hog
02.01.2010, 12:44 AM
I don't think it's lack of talent - it's just poor execution. Vomit-inducingly poor. He needs a massive kick up the backside and that kick will come from the shock of being cut - in my opinion.

Unfortunately that being the case - Washington don't benefit.

Talking of ambition - maybe his ambition was to become an NFL player and once he succeeded no longer had the application to succeed. Not something I understand.

I don't have a problem with drafting any position (obviously with the exception of P and K etc.) providing they're nail-on 10-year starters and go to multiple pro-bowls (something Sean Taylor was geared to become). And he was a safety.

Redskinsno.1
02.01.2010, 01:29 PM
I've said this before people always talk about how good Taylor was and how good he would have gone onto become and dont get me wrong i agree with all of the comments but people seem to forget that until about mid way through the 2006 season he was the same as Landry - always going for the big hit. Hell in 2006 he led the league in missed tackles and i'm willing to bet most of these were because he was either trying to smash someone into next week or because he took awful lines.

2006 was Taylors third season with the team, 2009 is Landry's third season. I say we give him another season especially with Shanahan likely to be in charge as he will make it known to Landry that he wont accept the same mistakes.

I think Landry has the talent he just needs to get his head focused and i think Shanahan can be the man to help him do that.

pj
03.01.2010, 04:59 PM
I think he needs to make the permanent move to SS then he can be given 1 more year to show what hes got. I think with the right coach he can be saved.

Having trash like Blache can't help but he has been a liability all year.