PDA

View Full Version : 2009-2010 Roster Carryover

Harwich Hog
02.01.2010, 01:11 AM
Idea inspired by Gman's blog. Wondering what players will still be on roster come the start of next seasons. Broken down in Definitely. Probably. Maybe. Probably Not. Definitely Not.

Definitely
Devin Thomas
Malcolm Kelly
Fred Davis
Derrick Dockery
Andre Carter
Albert Haynesworth
London Fletcher
Rocky McIntosh
Brian Orakpo
DeAngelo Hall
Chris Horton
Ethan Albright
Hunter Smith
Jeremy Jarmon

Probably
Rock Cartwright
Mike Sellers
Santana Moss
Marko Mitchell
Levi Jones
Chris Cooley
Stephon Heyer
Casey Rabach
Lorenzo Alexander
Cornelius Griffin
HB Blades
Chris Wilson
Kevin Barnes
Kareem Moore
JT Tryon
Reed Doughty
Chad Rinehart

Maybe
Jason Campbell
Colt Brennan
Ladell Betts
Quinton Ganther
Todd Yoder
Edwin Williams
Kedric Golston
Anthony Montgomery
Laron Landry
Carlos Rogers
Graham Gano
Mike Williams

Probably Not
Todd Collins
Clinton Portis
Antwaan Randle El
Chris Samuels
Will Montgomery
Philip Daniels
Rob Jackson
Robert Henson
Fred Smoot

Definitely Not
Renaldo Wynn
Byron Westbrook
Randy Thomas

What you guys think?

wuds100
02.01.2010, 02:41 PM
Great post, I would pretty much agree with you except I would
upgrade Rinehart as I think we are going to need young depth there
and I would downgrade Levi Jones on the basis we will draft a T with our 1st,
I would also downgrade Griffin as we seem to be a little overloaded at DT.

The Brown Beast
02.01.2010, 08:59 PM
I have a horrible feeling that Chris Cooley could be traded. He's a crowd favourite and he backs it up with the production fans appreciate.
But he could be of a decent value with draft picks on the line. Also, we've found a very capable TE in Fred Davis and the new HC may want a big time overhaul.

liverbirdpie
03.01.2010, 07:46 PM
I have a horrible feeling that Chris Cooley could be traded. He's a crowd favourite and he backs it up with the production fans appreciate.
But he could be of a decent value with draft picks on the line. Also, we've found a very capable TE in Fred Davis and the new HC may want a big time overhaul.

I dont think we would trade Cooley away. TE's dont necessarily bring high value trade wise, certainly in terms of a draft pick. I think a lot depends on his recovery from injury but I think he would be a crucial figure for any new HC to keep around. There will be enough people clearing lockers at Redskins Park this off season, but not Cooley

skinsfan.uk
04.01.2010, 01:26 AM
Would agree with the 'definites' save for Kelly, i'd downgrade him. He put on a good showing tonight but he has looked lost in every other game. Could be draft pick trade bait.

As for the maybes, I think Golston stays and Grifin loses out, I can see him getting cut to save cap room. Montgomery is a gonner.

Lastly, i'd upgrade Smoot, I think he has 1 good year left in him and he's better than Tryon. If Barnes develops, Smoot will get little playing time next year but his experience will count for something.

Gman84
04.01.2010, 08:58 AM
Definitely
Devin Thomas
Malcolm Kelly
Fred Davis
Derrick Dockery
Andre Carter
Albert Haynesworth
London Fletcher
Rocky McIntosh
Brian Orakpo
DeAngelo Hall
Chris Horton
Ethan Albright
Hunter Smith
Jeremy Jarmon

Probably
Rock Cartwright
Santana Moss
Marko Mitchell
Chris Cooley
Stephon Heyer
Casey Rabach
Lorenzo Alexander
Cornelius Griffin
HB Blades
Chris Wilson
Kevin Barnes
Kareem Moore
JT Tryon
Reed Doughty
Chad Rinehart
Graham Gano
Kedric Golston
Quinton Ganther
Todd Yoder

Maybe
Levi Jones
Edwin Williams
Anthony Montgomery
Laron Landry
Carlos Rogers
Mike Williams
Mike Sellers

Probably Not
Clinton Portis
Antwaan Randle El
Chris Samuels
Will Montgomery
Philip Daniels
Rob Jackson
Robert Henson
Jason Campbell
Colt Brennan
Ladell Betts

Definitely Not
Renaldo Wynn
Byron Westbrook
Randy Thomas
Fred Smoot
Todd Collins

Moved a few about, mainly the QB's, Campbell is only market if zero interest in the market and if a new CBA does happen and he becomes a URFA he is so gone it's unreal. Collins won't be back, too expensive and old and Brennan is Zorn's project, a new coach will want his own.

Harwich Hog
04.01.2010, 12:39 PM
Definitely
Devin Thomas
Malcolm Kelly
Fred Davis
Derrick Dockery
Andre Carter
Albert Haynesworth
London Fletcher
Rocky McIntosh
Brian Orakpo
DeAngelo Hall
Chris Horton
Ethan Albright
Hunter Smith
Jeremy Jarmon

Probably
Rock Cartwright
Santana Moss
Marko Mitchell
Chris Cooley
Stephon Heyer
Casey Rabach
Lorenzo Alexander
Cornelius Griffin
HB Blades
Chris Wilson
Kevin Barnes
Kareem Moore
JT Tryon
Reed Doughty
Chad Rinehart
Graham Gano
Kedric Golston
Quinton Ganther
Todd Yoder

Maybe
Levi Jones
Edwin Williams
Anthony Montgomery
Laron Landry
Carlos Rogers
Mike Williams
Mike Sellers

Probably Not
Clinton Portis
Antwaan Randle El
Chris Samuels
Will Montgomery
Philip Daniels
Rob Jackson
Robert Henson
Jason Campbell
Colt Brennan
Ladell Betts

Definitely Not
Renaldo Wynn
Byron Westbrook
Randy Thomas
Fred Smoot
Todd Collins

Moved a few about, mainly the QB's, Campbell is only market if zero interest in the market and if a new CBA does happen and he becomes a URFA he is so gone it's unreal. Collins won't be back, too expensive and old and Brennan is Zorn's project, a new coach will want his own.

Brennan might be a project but we known he's competitive and (I believe) competent enough to come in and do a job even if he's #3. Look at the guy that came in for the Colts (Painter). Assuming Shanahan (or whoever) brings in their own guy and even if he retains Campbell (and those two are #1 and #2) - what's the harm in retaining Colt?

citizenstu
04.01.2010, 12:53 PM
Brennan might be a project but we known he's competitive and (I believe) competent enough to come in and do a job even if he's #3. Look at the guy that came in for the Colts (Painter). Assuming Shanahan (or whoever) brings in their own guy and even if he retains Campbell (and those two are #1 and #2) - what's the harm in retaining Colt?

I tend to agree with this.

I think Shanahan drafts a QB at 4 and (intends) to start him, ready or not. So we keep Campbell (if we can - unlikely) or bring in a veteran number 2. I think at worst Brennan therefore is kept and gets a shot at the number 3 slot - maybe Shanahan will even throw the competition wide open in camp.

That said, what chance Zorn ends up as a QB coach with the Browns and takes Colt with him?

Harwich Hog
04.01.2010, 12:57 PM
I tend to agree with this.

I think Shanahan drafts a QB at 4 and (intends) to start him, ready or not. So we keep Campbell (if we can - unlikely) or bring in a veteran number 2. I think at worst Brennan therefore is kept and gets a shot at the number 3 slot - maybe Shanahan will even throw the competition wide open in camp.

That said, what chance Zorn ends up as a QB coach with the Browns and takes Colt with him?

I think Zorn may be QB coach in Cleveland with the intention of improving Brady Quinn. Brennan may have been Zorn's choice but do we have anything to say that he's been overly struck on him? A hip injury isn't usually one to put you on IR before the season has begun (especially if he likes the guy).

I have a good way of scouting potential QBs by the way. Bring them in - if they don't have a significantly quicker release than Jason Campbell, send them home and strike them off the war-room draft list and access the residual from there.

citizenstu
04.01.2010, 03:24 PM
The hip injury was a bit odd but maybe it was a roster decision out of Zorn's hands. I agree there hasn't been much to show Zorn is struck on him 2 years on though.

Anyway, Colt shouldn't really be the main talking point on roster moves, should he? We've got bigger steps to take at RB and in the secondary as well as the OL in particular.

Gman84
15.01.2010, 12:07 AM
http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2010/01/13/AR2010011302637.html

The reporter who knos Shanny best suspects Jason Campbell is back in 2010.

JD for breakfast
16.01.2010, 04:53 PM
http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2010/01/13/AR2010011302637.html

The reporter who knos Shanny best suspects Jason Campbell is back in 2010.

Good spot Gman. I don't think anybody questions JC's talent as a QB. He's very mobile and can make every throw in the book. The big question is if he can adjust to yet another offensive system after already learning so many. Shanahan runs his own version of a West Coast style offense, which Jim Zorn did so it shouldn't be too much of an adjustment. If JC does stay it will be interesting to see if we stll go QB first in the draft or not. That will be the big indication as to how much Shanahan thinks of JC.

Riggo
24.01.2010, 11:35 PM
Good thread.

What am I missing about Randy Thomas that he's a def not? I thought he wanted to keep playing.

Gman84
25.01.2010, 03:21 AM
Good thread.

What am I missing about Randy Thomas that he's a def not? I thought he wanted to keep playing.

He's paid a boat load of money to never be healthy and has been poor when he has been healthy the past couple of years. A uncapped year when you can dump aging overpaid vets with no cap penalty and a new ZBS = Randy Thomas by bye.

ScoringSkins
03.02.2010, 12:58 PM
I think we need to hold on to Campbell as a stop gap and worry about a QB next year. This year we need to draft a LT that we can build the line around. We should sign Campbell to a manageable 3 year contract. You never know, he might do a good enough job this season to warrant holding on to. If we can get a good running game and Campbell still struggles, then we get rid of him.

As for Portis, we should probably get rid of him. He seems to be on the down side of his career and the recent spat with Campbell indicates that he can't be bothered to put the work in to get the job done. It's disappointing to hear that, but his performances on the field certainly seem to indicate that. Shanahan has a history of drafting running backs in the later rounds that perform well in his blocking scheme. We could pick someone up in the draft in that case.