PDA

View Full Version : Brandon Marshall

RickySanders
04.01.2010, 04:47 PM
If you listen to the media then it is a forgone conclusion that Mike Shanahan will be the next HC in Washington. Also in the media today, and its not a well kept secret, is that Brandon Marshall is on his way out of Denver.
How would the Redskins fan base of NFL UK feel if we traded for this guy??

He'd be a fantastic asset but I believe we have more pressing needs on the team.

citizenstu
04.01.2010, 05:07 PM
Well we certainly have more pressing needs now Thomas is showing promise and Kelly has flashed a bit of ability and deserves another off-season to grow and be evaluated, but what the hey - it doesn't (in theory) matter in an uncapped year - we can throw money at who we like and 'address' all needs.

I like Marshall from a player point of view. He's got skill and size for (presumably) a West Coast scheme. I don't know a vast amount about him off the field but I know he's got previous (to a greater or lesser extent).

Not saying it's the same thing, but I've grown very tired of off field stuff this year and for this reason I hope Portis is gone. I could see Marshall being Dan's new buddy so I don't want him.

wuds100
04.01.2010, 11:03 PM
For me he has been the second best WR in the league behind A Johnson
this year and would be a top notch go to guy, That said if we invest in a WR
it says we are looking a few years down the line to compete again also
Marshall is a hothead and could be disruptive in the locker room.

Harwich Hog
05.01.2010, 07:52 AM
When was the last time a team traded for a "go-to" guy. Cowboys trading for Roy Williams is the only immediate example. That hardly fills me with enthusiasm.

All other top WRs were drafted and developed by their current team.

Have patience with Devin and Malcolm and give them opportunities.

wuds100
05.01.2010, 12:29 PM
When was the last time a team traded for a "go-to" guy. Cowboys trading for Roy Williams is the only immediate example. That hardly fills me with enthusiasm.

All other top WRs were drafted and developed by their current team.

Have patience with Devin and Malcolm and give them opportunities.

I agree, If we are to become a post season team again soon then its
going to have to be through the draft, FA should only be used for depth
and any small holes.

JD for breakfast
05.01.2010, 06:02 PM
I think trading for Marshall would be an unnecessary luxury. He would cost at least one high draft pick (if not two or three) and given our current needs a new WR is way down on the list of priorities. We needs as many draft picks as we can get this off-season.

If we could trade the likes of Campbell or Landry without expending a draft pick then it might be something to think about. I'm sure he might behave himself a tad better with Shanahan as his boss than he ahs with McDaniels, who he hasn't got on with from day one but you have to consider who's going to throw the ball to him and who's protecting that guy so it's better to address those issues first and then look at Marshall.

This kind of move does have Snyder written all over it though so I wouldn't be totally shocked if this ended up happening

RickySanders
05.01.2010, 06:59 PM
This kind of move does have Snyder written all over it though so I wouldn't be totally shocked if this ended up happening

The very reason I posted on this subject, I love Marshall as a player, but the prospect of trading away a high pick for a WR frightens me.

BroncoWardrope-15
05.01.2010, 07:06 PM
I Have My Fingers Crossed That Marshall Will Stay At Denver