PDA

View Full Version : Titans Fans

leatherhead77
24.01.2010, 12:23 PM
It's been eerily quiet in this Titans fans section recently.

I haven't contributed much to the forum to date but I just wanted to start doing more and say there's every reason to be encouraged by how well Titans straightened themselves out after the bye week this season, and to look forward to 2010. The way they turned things around in 2009 reminded me of their 6-game winning streak after week 11 in 2006. It was that kind performance that really made me take notice of them as a team and start supporting them, and it was satisfying to see them finish at .500 that year (after being 2-7 at one point). They did it then and I knew they could do it again in '09.

The other reasons I support them is I think pro-bowler Vince Young is an excellent QB and Jeff Fisher's a fine coach. I also like his playbook better than the other coaches on Madden.

So I guess I'm still kind of a newbie to the franchise. I was wondering when and why other fans started to support the Titans?

crusty
24.01.2010, 01:33 PM
Back in 1985 the local sports shop had all the jerseys in stock all my friends bought the dolphins with the number 13 on it i wanted to be different so brought the oilers because i liked the colour and from that day i never looked back

leatherhead77
25.01.2010, 01:37 PM
Sometimes what it comes down to is not being like the crowd. I can identify with that. Must have been a weird experience when the team moved out and changed its name. Guess it wasn't so bad for fans in the UK (they could stick or change team) but what did Houston fans do..? Move to Nashville?!

Must read up on the team's history. There's too much to learn sometimes in this game: players, rules, history, management changes, new college players. People should be able to do a BTEQ in NFL.

Titans Blue 30
26.01.2010, 02:26 PM
Hey guys, i'm a new fan of the Titans, although not a new fan of Football - Let me explain...

I've been a "Religious" fan of the NFL since 2006 although my first exposure came much earlier from playing Madden and catching the odd game on TV.

I watched my first Super Bowl (XL) and decided i'd follow the Steelers... I started buying First Down Magazine and from then on was hooked on the sport, so much so that i played for my nearest team, Shropshire Revolution in 2006.

After a few months i felt i had made a snap decision in choosing the Steelers and felt i had to support a team i had more of a connection to. I toyed with the idea of going with the Bucs as my friend lives in Tampa, FL - Then i decided i'd go for a New York based team (Giants/Jets) as NY is probably the easiest city in the U.S to get to if i wanted to go and watch a game stateside... Again, this didn't feel comfortable with me.

From then on i had a brief interest in teams such as the Bills and the Redskins (Due to family & friend connections) - But had never really found "My Team", so i carried on being a passionate fan of football, rather than a specific team.

Until, that is, this last Saturday.

I decided as i was going into my 30th year in life and being so in love with football i needed to find a particular team to pledge my alliance to. I sat down with my 6 year old son Callum and put all 32 teams into a hat. Callum picked out the Titans. Now, this season i have watched the Titans and they have impressed me... Good sign i thought.

Then i switched tactics, i seperated the 32 teams into the AFC and the NFC and got Callum to choose one from each conference. He pulled out the Rams from the NFC, and yes, again, the Titans from the AFC! Hmm, maybe it's fate i thought - And with that i got him to mix the two "Chosen" teams up and pick for a final time, the result: Tennessee Titans.

So there we have it, i left it in the laps of the football gods and the help of a 6 year old to pick my football team and based on what i've seen this season, i am more than happy becoming a Titan!

I apologise for the long winded drama that led me to this choice, but thats the past now and my future is going to be exciting as i finally have the team for me.

Cheers for reading and i look forward to getting to know you, my fellow Titans fans!

:)

leatherhead77
27.01.2010, 05:42 PM
Then i switched tactics, i seperated the 32 teams into the AFC and the NFC and got Callum to choose one from each conference. He pulled out the Rams from the NFC, and yes, again, the Titans from the AFC! Hmm, maybe it's fate i thought - And with that i got him to mix the two "Chosen" teams up and pick for a final time, the result: Tennessee Titans.

Great to hear your story, and it's a great way to pick a team. Clearly it was destined to be.

Titans Blue 30
27.01.2010, 06:28 PM
Great to hear your story, and it's a great way to pick a team. Clearly it was destined to be.

It seems it was my destiny, haha - and i'm more than happy joining the ranks of the Titans :)

Cheers for the comments mate ;)

Titans Blue 30
28.01.2010, 11:43 AM
Now i'm officially a Titans fan - I received my jerseys this morning :D

Chris Johnson #28 (Blue) & Vince Young #10 (White)

HAPPY DAYS! Let the good times roll...

THE_TITAN
07.02.2010, 04:24 PM
Became a Titans fan after picking their name at random. I have been watching them since the start of the 09 season and was dissapointed with the 0-6 start, I thought I had cursed them but eventually we came back and its looking good for the 10 season as Vince Young looks amazing getting us back with 8 wins out of 10 and CJ will be pounding those defences. Plus loving our kit, easily the best in the NFL.

leatherhead77
11.02.2010, 07:28 PM
[...] its looking good for the 10 season as Vince Young looks amazing getting us back with 8 wins out of 10 and CJ will be pounding those defences. Plus loving our kit, easily the best in the NFL.

Definitely. I don't see why the Titans can't do in the coming years what the Saints did the other night. Being in the same division as the Colts is always going to be tough but I do see us getting a wildcard spot next season.

Right about the kit too. (It's about time I got replica jersey myself. As I approach mid-life crisis age I like the idea of having 'Young' written across my back.)

AntiPop
06.03.2010, 10:38 PM
I started following the Titans in the days of McNair and Eddie George. I'd followed the NFL as a kid before that, then lost track of things for a few years. When I came back to the sport I decided I should actually support a team and, liking the way the Titans played, and mistakenly thinking they were a new team I thought it was only fair to support the latest NFL expansion. Obviously I later found out they were the relocated Oilers but at that point I was already fully on board :)

Only way I'd change loyalties now is if we were to get a London franchise.

THE_TITAN
02.04.2010, 07:38 PM
I think the Titans have the potential to go to the superbowl if our defence is upgraded that bit more. I think we have the QB in Vince Young who really showed why he was worth that pick at the end of the season. We have the best RB in the NFL. We have a young wide recievers secondary weapon. All we need to do is concentrate on getting our defence right and we will atleast make the playoffs this year.

ScotTitan
15.04.2010, 03:23 PM
Hi folks, brand spanking new to these boards.

I moved from scotland to New England four years ago, I was made to support the local teams, the celtics,the red sox,patriots and bruins. I have long been a fan of the Nba, so the celtics were easy for me to support. Red sox is a major passion, and i hate the chavs that use to run about in scotland with yankees hats on.
However i just didn't like the patriots that much, I watched the titans get beat 20-17 colts one sunday, and vince was awesome so that was that, I picked them.

I cant wait for the new season, I have just changed cable providers to allow me to get the nfl package so i dont miss a game.

I have a funny feeling we might get Haynesworth back soon which will be a massive boost to the D.
Cook and Britt are gonna explode this year. I expect us to make the playoffs this year.

NeiLEEDS
23.04.2010, 10:20 AM
I'm a Titan because of Pro Wrestling.

Sounds silly,but it's totally true. Around 1998 i used to watch a lot of WCW on the old analogue Sky box. My favourite wrestler was Jeff Jarrett. He's from Nashville and used to enter the ring in this beautiful dark blue Football jersey,with electric blue trim,and George 27 on the back. I loved the jersey,and had to have one. Enter great american Sports in Birmingham. I called them up and within days my Titan jersey arrived in Barnsley. It had Miller 71 on the back...good old Fred. That was the year of the Music City Miracle and the SuperBowl loss to the Rams. I was hooked,and still am. Very passionate about my team,and i'd never ever change loyalties to a London team.

Nice to meet you all.

THE_TITAN
23.04.2010, 09:44 PM
Just on the 1st round draft pick of Derrick Morgan. I think we have got a real steal there at 16, I thought he was going in the top ten. He is a definate straight in starter for us and is just the sort of guy we need to start building our defence up, with Haynesworth, Vanden Bosch and possibly Bulluck leaving us over the last few years. Hopefully we can get some quality in the latter rounds. Can't see us trading up for anyone in the 2nd round. Anyway lets hope for a very good season :).

gemma_d
24.04.2010, 10:23 AM
Check this out guys:

http://espn.go.com/blog/sportscenter/post/_/id/46796/the-sport-science-of-nfl-draftee-wr-damian-williams

I had Williams as my #1 receiver in the draft, and I'm really excited the Titans got him. With him and Britt the Titans have genuine #1 & #2 receivers for the first time since they moved to Nashville.

THE_TITAN
24.04.2010, 12:56 PM
We always say this about a reciever when they come in but the reality is that for the first season Williams will mainly be utilised on special teams and be 2nd reciever. I doubt he'll see as much of the ball as our other receivers early on but Jeff said he wouldve drafted him on his recieving ability alone. So Williams looks a good pick, possibly take a while to gel as it is normally the case with WR but I like him. Also that Curran looks like a BEAST. Great pick.