PDA

View Full Version : America's Game - The 2009 New Orleans Saints

Graeme_1987
08.02.2010, 04:18 PM
One of the many, many perks of winning the SB.

I think it will be Brees, Payton and Sharper.

Still drunk on life

Who Dat!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

MarkC07
08.02.2010, 04:40 PM
Oooo yes forgot about that.

DarrenSQh
08.02.2010, 05:09 PM
Brees, Payton and Vilma maybe.

Kildare Krackers
08.02.2010, 05:30 PM
Brees and Payton for sure. The third person could be one of many, Sharper, Vilma, Hargrove and even Shockey, they all have really good back stories to tell.

ross_s_cfc
12.02.2010, 12:26 PM
Do any of you guys use

http://www.saintsreport.com/forums/

Oh and it will be Payton , Brees , Sharper and Reggie ( Reggie just cos he's a big face of the franchise )

Substitute
12.02.2010, 11:27 PM
I'd love to see Vilma - hardworking and oft-underappreciated - but I fully expect it to be Bush or Porter.

The bigger question is whos going to be the narrator? What big American series can they promote? 24 - Kiefer Sutherland perhaps?

bigg_bobb
13.02.2010, 07:51 PM
I'd love to see Vilma - hardworking and oft-underappreciated - but I fully expect it to be Bush or Porter.

The bigger question is whos going to be the narrator? What big American series can they promote? 24 - Kiefer Sutherland perhaps?

I think it'll be Brad Pitt, with him living in new orleans, or maybe Spike Lee?

steveyoungisking
14.02.2010, 08:03 PM
Despite not being a Saints fan, I look forward to it too as it is a great series and I am sure the background of Katrina will give it an extra dimension.

I wonder in the same light as Kurt Warner's journey from the supermarket to the superbowl in the 99 Rams version, whether they will refer back to Sean Payton's playing/coaching career having roots in the UK ... would be funny to see him sound off about warm beer, facilities, standard of play etc !

Vincent
14.02.2010, 08:07 PM
I hope they leave it at least 5 years before making it.

Razors Edge
14.02.2010, 11:51 PM
I hope they leave it at least 5 years before making it.

Why?

They do them almost straight away now as it happens. To capture immediate thoughts, memories and emotions.

As for who might narrate it - what about Carl Weathers?

Or Peyton Manning :D

PavlovsDog
15.02.2010, 12:07 AM
Why?

They do them almost straight away now as it happens. To capture immediate thoughts, memories and emotions.

As for who might narrate it - what about Carl Weathers?

Or Peyton Manning :D

I'm with vincent on this, I prefer watching the older ones with greater retrospect. Just a personal view, but I too would prefer them to wait 5 years minimum.

stocksy
15.02.2010, 11:03 AM
I'm with vincent on this, I prefer watching the older ones with greater retrospect. Just a personal view, but I too would prefer them to wait 5 years minimum.

I have to say I agree too. The better ones are when all three can be honest and dish a little bit of dirt on the season and dressing room politics. If all three are still at the same team it becomes a bit of a love fest.

It does depend on who they select to talk.

Having said that a few of the older ones are seemingly full of sour grapes of some of those interviewed.

MarkC07
15.02.2010, 11:57 AM
Quicker the better for me, and I'd probably think this even if it wasn't my team.

Substitute
16.02.2010, 11:29 AM
Despite not being a Saints fan, I look forward to it too as it is a great series and I am sure the background of Katrina will give it an extra dimension.

I wonder in the same light as Kurt Warner's journey from the supermarket to the superbowl in the 99 Rams version, whether they will refer back to Sean Payton's playing/coaching career having roots in the UK ... would be funny to see him sound off about warm beer, facilities, standard of play etc !

http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-super-bowl/09000d5d8166862f/NFL-Films-Presents-Payton-s-place

He doesn't quite sound off about the facilities and beer but the Leicester Panthers get a mention.

JonnyEvans
18.02.2010, 12:29 PM
......cos I never really thought to come onto the forums on NFLUK.com, even tho my bro's company are the one's that designed and built the website, lol! I normally reside on football future's forum cos of the fact that there's a lot of New Orleans natives on there and it's good to learn more about the game and the team from them.

The reason I'm posting is cos it was only this morning that I was wondering about America's Game and when ours might be available to watch? Does anyone have a rough idea of how long it usually takes before they film it and then show it?

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Just as a side note, I happened to start following the Saints 4 years ago at the very start of Sean Payton/Drew Brees era so clearly not a glory hunter. I followed Reggie Bush after knowing little to nothing about the sport but saw an amazing talent despite this lack of knowledge and as it's turned out I've discovered that it must have been meant to be....I can't imagine being a fan of any other team and I love my Saints dearly. They only just come 2nd to Tottenham Hotspur but then I have been a fan of them since I was 6 years old so that's still saying something!

WHO DAT!

Runnings
18.02.2010, 11:54 PM
I agree about not getting them out too soon.

After hearing Scott Fujita miked up he should definately be on it :)

Kildare Krackers
09.09.2010, 05:59 PM
Jus seen this program on NFL Network. It was brilliant to relive our Super Bowl victory. They went with Vilma along with Patyon and Brees. It has really put me in the mood for tonights game.

marcseven
09.09.2010, 10:01 PM
Just got hold of my copy but no time to watch it before the game, Still all the message boards are going nuts over it (alot of grown man tears shed - again)

JessWolf
12.09.2010, 03:13 AM
Really can't wait to see this. I love watching America's Game in the morning. Nothing like a bit of NFL and coffee to start the day!

WHO DAT!

DarrenSQh
12.09.2010, 02:17 PM
Loved it. Watched it in Finn McCools Irish bar and the place was great.

Touchdown7
12.09.2010, 02:21 PM
Loved it. Watched it in Finn McCools Irish bar and the place was great.

Wasnt that place on that Gordon Ramsey TV show a while back??? Or was that another place with the same name?

DarrenSQh
12.09.2010, 02:24 PM
Wasnt that place on that Gordon Ramsey TV show a while back??? Or was that another place with the same name?

Wouldnt think so. Its just a small pub in new orleans.

http://www.finnmccools.com/

marcseven
13.09.2010, 10:25 AM
Think i watched Chelsea Arsenal there, on my own with the sound off the morning of the super bowl