PDA

View Full Version : Weatherspoon wants to be a Falcon

falcon_91
28.02.2010, 08:02 PM
NFL combine: Weatherspoon wants to be a Falcon

Indianapolis – Missouri linebacker Sean Weatherspoon, the second rated outside linebacker in the draft by Pro Football Weekly, is doing his due diligence on the Falcons.

“I’ve seen Mr. (Thomas) Dimitroff out here a couple of times and he’s a great guy,” Weatherspoon said.

As the Falcons have tried to rebuild their defensive, Dimitroff has used both of his second picks on players from the Big 12 conference. In 2008, he selected Oklahoma linebacker Curtis Lofton. Last season, Missouri safety William Moore was the pick.

Weatherspoon, wants to be drafted higher, but wouldn’t mind coming to the Falcons at the 19th pick.

“I like the Falcons,” Weatherspoon said. “I like their style of defense and I like their linebackers. I know Lofton personally. I played against him in the Big 12.”

Weatherspoon has also been talking to Moore about the Falcons.

“He’d tell me how things were working out,” Weatherspoon said. “How you really have to step up really fast. That’s something that he said he wished he’d done a little bit better. He wishes he would have stepped up a little bit more.”

One of only 2 guys i want at 19(who we have a realistic shot at)

PavlovsDog
28.02.2010, 08:10 PM
NFL combine: Weatherspoon wants to be a Falcon

Indianapolis – Missouri linebacker Sean Weatherspoon, the second rated outside linebacker in the draft by Pro Football Weekly, is doing his due diligence on the Falcons.

“I’ve seen Mr. (Thomas) Dimitroff out here a couple of times and he’s a great guy,” Weatherspoon said.

As the Falcons have tried to rebuild their defensive, Dimitroff has used both of his second picks on players from the Big 12 conference. In 2008, he selected Oklahoma linebacker Curtis Lofton. Last season, Missouri safety William Moore was the pick.

Weatherspoon, wants to be drafted higher, but wouldn’t mind coming to the Falcons at the 19th pick.

“I like the Falcons,” Weatherspoon said. “I like their style of defense and I like their linebackers. I know Lofton personally. I played against him in the Big 12.”

Weatherspoon has also been talking to Moore about the Falcons.

“He’d tell me how things were working out,” Weatherspoon said. “How you really have to step up really fast. That’s something that he said he wished he’d done a little bit better. He wishes he would have stepped up a little bit more.”

One of only 2 guys i want at 19(who we have a realistic shot at)

Who is the other guy?

Razors Edge
28.02.2010, 09:16 PM
Not really sure how he "wants to be a Falcon" after that.

falcon_91
01.03.2010, 01:50 AM
He loves us

falcon_91
01.03.2010, 01:52 AM
Who is the other guy?

Earl Thomas.
Thats more of a personal man crush however, and it wont happen due to Moore and DeCoud, but i think Thomas is so much more a better prospect i'd be willing to bin the 2nd rounder we spent on Moore(Move DeCoud to SS). It would give us a much more athletic safety and Thomas has the ability to drop to corner in nickel/dime packages.