PDA

View Full Version : Chris Samuels to announce retirement on Thursday

liverbirdpie
03.03.2010, 08:57 PM
There will will be a press conference Thursday to announce the retirement of Chris Samuels. Shame the big mans career has to end on the sad note of injury, but a career that took in six pro bowls shows the level of the guys talent, and he will be hugely missed.

Good luck in what ever you do next

my_friend_goo
03.03.2010, 10:35 PM
Yep, shame his career ended the way it did. At least he did the sensible thing though and walk away while he still could.

One of the shining lights on the team in a period that's seen largely gloom. Thanks for all you've done, Chris.

jklcan1
04.03.2010, 08:52 AM
That's a pity,has been a huge player for the Skins.

Gman84
04.03.2010, 09:59 PM
He's joining the coaching staff on the Bill Walsh minority coaching program so he'll be on the team until training camp at least. Good luck to him in his new career.

As much as we'll miss him as a player I'm glad he's retired. To play pro football is a blessing but no game and amount of money is worth ending up in a wheelchair for.

boltonredskin
05.03.2010, 08:25 AM
The end of an era. I always loved watching Samuels play - he always gave it everything and has been one of our most consisted and talented performers these last few years. He was at the heart of everything our offense did in our drives to the playoffs a few years back, and when the times got tough the O-line almost disintegrated without him. A huge loss.

Good to hear he might be involved in some sort of coaching programme: would be great to see him standing on the sidelines playcharts in hand.

Hope you have a massively successful career in whatever you choose to do after football, Chris. Good luck in whatever you do. Its been a pleasure watching you play.