PDA

View Full Version : Dunta Robinson

towen5
06.03.2010, 04:55 PM
What does everyone think?

Personally, I like it a lot. Its an instant upgrade and I think we managed to get a great talent for cheap because of his lacklustre few seasons. He's definitely got the moves and its up to our coaching staff to do their job. I can definitely see Grimes/Houston/Williams fighting it out for the starting spot opposite.

This definitely allows us to go after a decent pass rushing end or OLB with the first pick.

Maddict5
06.03.2010, 11:23 PM
What does everyone think?

Personally, I like it a lot. Its an instant upgrade and I think we managed to get a great talent for cheap because of his lacklustre few seasons. He's definitely got the moves and its up to our coaching staff to do their job. I can definitely see Grimes/Houston/Williams fighting it out for the starting spot opposite.

This definitely allows us to go after a decent pass rushing end or OLB with the first pick.

what does that even mean? the biggest concern with dunta is that his pace is gone since the injury. teams picked on him when they chose to last season and it was generally succesful usually resulting in long completions or long PI's.

its simple- if he can get back to the form he was in pre-injury, he'll have been a decent signing- overpaid but covered a need. if its like the last season and a half since the injury, the falcons have wasted a not of money for nothing

towen5
06.03.2010, 11:39 PM
what does that even mean?

Good tackler, solid awareness and fluid hips. He has the talent necessary to be a good NFL Corner. As you say, he lacks pace and isnt the tallest so he relies on his "moves"

Khaled
07.03.2010, 11:02 AM
I'm coming round to the move. I watched Robinson a lot last year (I've really turned into a guy who says that a lot :p) and wasn't overly impressed, but he didn't scare me off. He went up against teams top receivers on near enough every play and I'd rank his coverage as slightly below average for a number one cornerback. That said he'll be a year further removed from the injury and I think we generate more pressure/ have better safety help than the Texans which should help him.

Since DeAngelo Hall has gone we've been searching for a guy to be a number one cornerback and this move does that. We overpaid because the CB market is bare for us and we won't be in position to draft a CB who can start without trading up or reaching. Our defense was good against the run and this move improves our secondary so we're closer to being SuperBowl contenders.

Its interesting a lot of people have quoted PFFs analysis in slamming Robinson as one of the worst CBs in the league. If you look a bit closer his coverage grading is just below average which taken into context (manning up on a teams top receiver) isn't that bad.

I don't know if this is me trying to convince myself I'm okay with it or not :p

falcon_91
07.03.2010, 07:54 PM
I think it means we are going LB in the first, i'm not so keen to think we automatically need a LDE as Biermann really came on at the end of the year

I do think we overpaid, but i'm okay with it as its about time we got a good vet at CB.