PDA

View Full Version : McNabb: "I've been traded to an organization that knows about winning."

sKiNsFaN
08.04.2010, 12:07 AM
You sure have, Bucko. We've been watching the other teams in our division doing it for years now..

Another gem from yesterday: "Dan Snyder's one of the owners who definitely knows what it takes to win ball games."

How cruel, then, to keep it such a secret from us all these years? While you've spent the last eleven years taking the Eagles to five NFC Games, we've had three winning seasons. We've been the whipping boys of this division for so long and Donovan knows it!

Never trust anything this man says ever again. :D

towen5
08.04.2010, 12:34 AM
Wow....do the Redskins have a single superbowl ring owner on their entire roster?

Harwich Hog
08.04.2010, 06:52 AM
London Fletcher has one. Willie Parker (granted only a recent acquisition) has two. Think Hunter Smith might have one with the Colts.

towen5
08.04.2010, 12:08 PM
London Fletcher has one. Willie Parker (granted only a recent acquisition) has two. Think Hunter Smith might have one with the Colts.

Thats hardly a team that knows how to win is it now?

Harwich Hog
08.04.2010, 02:20 PM
Thats hardly a team that knows how to win is it now?

I wasn't contesting your point I was answering the question who on the roster has a superbowl ring.

JD for breakfast
08.04.2010, 10:06 PM
Wow....do the Redskins have a single superbowl ring owner on their entire roster?

and how many do the Falcons have? Actually, how many have the Falcons franchise actually won? Or even played in?

towen5
09.04.2010, 03:16 AM
and how many do the Falcons have? Actually, how many have the Falcons franchise actually won? Or even played in?

And how many Falcons have joined the team and said "ive been traded to an organizagtion that knows about winning"?

Moron.

Harwich Hog
09.04.2010, 06:44 AM
And how many Falcons have joined the team and said "ive been traded to an organizagtion that knows about winning"?

Moron.

You come talking trash about the Redskins in the Redskins part of the forum. Someone counters your question and you call them a moron? Intriguing logic.

my_friend_goo
09.04.2010, 12:14 PM

Moron.

I'd suggest you read every single transcript for every presser for every player who joins the Falcons. Nearly everybody will say something positive like this about their team and if not "an organization that knows how to win" then "an organization determined to win".

Did you really expect him to stand there and say "God help me. I've been traded to an organisation with a deep grounding in incompetence"?

Besides, historically, he's correct. More so than the Falcons. True, in recent times generally not, though none of us would doubt this.

I'm bemused by the comment, but it's not that big a deal really.

towen5
09.04.2010, 01:21 PM
You come talking trash about the Redskins in the Redskins part of the forum. Someone counters your question and you call them a moron? Intriguing logic.

If thats talking trash then you guys have serious self-confidence issues.

Harwich Hog
09.04.2010, 02:36 PM
If thats talking trash then you guys have serious self-confidence issues.

Cutting :rolleyes:

Now off you pop and keep yourself out of trouble.

sKiNsFaN
09.04.2010, 03:25 PM
You'd think someone with over 7,800 posts would know better than to come to another team's part of the forum and start insulting people. That's trash-talking in anyone's language.

towen5
11.04.2010, 12:01 AM
You guys really are tetchy, I dont think in those 7,800 posts I have ever trash talked about a team before.

My issue is with McNabbs statement, which is what the threads all about. One can point, as stated, to any press conference and similar things will be said. However, this thread has that as its title.

I found it strange that someone could say that about a team whos recent history has been relatively poor (being kind). You guys know this and are being defensive over something thats not even an attack, rather pathetically really.

I could have typed all this as the first post but i figured anyone with a recognition of their own team wouldnt be so defensive over the fact out of an entire roster you have 3 guys with superbowl rings.

JD for breakfast
11.04.2010, 11:13 AM
You guys really are tetchy, I dont think in those 7,800 posts I have ever trash talked about a team before.

My issue is with McNabbs statement, which is what the threads all about. One can point, as stated, to any press conference and similar things will be said. However, this thread has that as its title.

I found it strange that someone could say that about a team whos recent history has been relatively poor (being kind). You guys know this and are being defensive over something thats not even an attack, rather pathetically really.

I could have typed all this as the first post but i figured anyone with a recognition of their own team wouldnt be so defensive over the fact out of an entire roster you have 3 guys with superbowl rings.

Calling somebody a moron isn't trash talking? Come back back you have three Super Bowls pal

towen5
11.04.2010, 11:59 AM
Calling somebody a moron isn't trash talking? Come back back you have three Super Bowls pal

Making a genuine comment having YOU reply with trash talking = moronic

having you continue talking tosh = beyond moronic.

Comeback when you have 3 braincells

Harwich Hog
11.04.2010, 01:58 PM

What McNabb said in the press-conference is the same rhetoric that alot of new FA signing and draftees say in the introductory press conference. It's not exclusive to the Redskins.

Saying that us saying we have three superbowls might sound like we're living in the past but in truth this probably had something to do with what McNabb said. 19+ years ago or not, the truth is the Washington Redskins have won three superbowls. The franchise he came from have none - something that is a particularly sore subject in Phily. My guess is that while McNabb would never admit it, he was probably sticking the knife in a little.

And the very fact they've traded for McNabb proves to the people in Phily that they're no closer to one. And if anyone argues that they're in a better position to win a SB with Kolb as starting QB are kidding themselves. Maybe in three years, but then McNabb would likely not be the QB then anyway.

He probably said it flippantly without realising they are overlyanal idiots out there who read too much into things.

And by the way saying that you're not trash-talking is frankly laughable.

The_Hangman
11.04.2010, 02:40 PM

Moron.

Towen5, it was this post that was out of order. There was no need to start petty name calling.

AZ
11.04.2010, 03:08 PM
Can we stick stick to the football please.

falcon_91
11.04.2010, 11:54 PM

Its not talking trash when its the truth

Harwich Hog
12.04.2010, 11:36 AM
Its not talking trash when its the truth

I'd contest that actually.

If I went to the Colts forum and started dissing Peyton Manning for throwing an interception in the critical play of the Superbowl - that's trash talking. It'd also be true.

Anyway - this thread was started as a Redskins fan making fun of the Redskins light-heartedly (something we do often here). Having the thread hi-jacked by a falcon fan who turns it into a discussion about how many rings there are on our roster (not in any way light-hearted) deserved a response. He got it and called our man a moron - pathetic.

And going back to the original post I had to laugh at the comment about Snyder too. Talking about an organisation that knows what it takes to win. Steelers being the prime example. You reckon Dan Snyder would trade away Santonio Holmes - me think not.

JD for breakfast
12.04.2010, 04:32 PM

I simply asked you the same question you asked us, yet I was the one who started the trash talking?

Riggo
15.04.2010, 12:20 AM
It is all a matter of how wide you cast your net. When McNabb was young and impressionable as kid, the Redskins were kicking ass and winning superbowls so McNabb can be forgiven his out of date praise.

Maybe someday, in the far distant future, perhaps in post apocalypse world, somebody will grow up watching the Falcons accomplish something......or not.

towen5
15.04.2010, 03:20 AM
It is all a matter of how wide you cast your net. When McNabb was young and impressionable as kid, the Redskins were kicking ass and winning superbowls so McNabb can be forgiven his out of date praise.

Maybe someday, in the far distant future, perhaps in post apocalypse world, somebody will grow up watching the Falcons accomplish something......or not.

And hooray for someone getting my point without the need for a banning or defensiveness... :rolleyes:

towen5
03.11.2010, 11:05 AM
bump..........

The_Hangman
06.11.2010, 12:39 PM
What a crappy thread.

I don't see your reasoning for 'bumping' it at all?

washingtonredskins1
09.11.2010, 10:37 AM

Moron.

everybody has a right to a opinion on this forum no matter which team its in.