View Full Version : coming soon redskins fansite uk

washingtonredskins1
08.04.2010, 12:08 AM
yep

redskins uk fansite for well uk fans coming soon

www.redskinsuk.co.uk

wuds100
08.04.2010, 12:07 PM
Interesting, Is there really a market it for it considering what NFLUK already offers.

washingtonredskins1
08.04.2010, 12:32 PM
its more of spreading the word reilly i suppose about the redskins. ive just looked on it it has forums like this 1 and apprentley live update scores when they play.

citizenstu
14.04.2010, 02:25 PM
Looks bloody awful to me.

my_friend_goo
14.04.2010, 03:43 PM
Looks bloody awful to me.

Ouch! Nothing like telling it how it is, is there?

citizenstu
15.04.2010, 07:21 AM
Ouch! Nothing like telling it how it is, is there?

No sense sugar-coating everything. It is of course only my opinion. Many people might enjoy the layout and design and such.

If I were in a mood to be more constructive, I'd say I just can't see what it's going to add that I don't currently get from a combination of sites such as NFL.com, the official Skins site and the Washington Post. Those and here have already got news as it breaks, live scoring, active fan communities, etc.

In my view, for this site to work it'll need to offer something unique of interest to UK fans. I don't think it's got that.

my_friend_goo
15.04.2010, 11:23 AM
No sense sugar-coating everything. It is of course only my opinion. Many people might enjoy the layout and design and such.

If I were in a mood to be more constructive, I'd say I just can't see what it's going to add that I don't currently get from a combination of sites such as NFL.com, the official Skins site and the Washington Post. Those and here have already got news as it breaks, live scoring, active fan communities, etc.

In my view, for this site to work it'll need to offer something unique of interest to UK fans. I don't think it's got that.

I wasn't trying to criticise you or defend the OP, it was menat to be a lighthearted comment. I was under the impression that this was a case of promotion by the site's owner, though...

Strikes me as a typical fansite - a collection of "stuff" with no overall motive or additional benefit as there are a range of pro and well-run amateur websites offering much more out there. A UK Redskins site could provide a means of uniting Skins fans in the UK, but really the opportunity already exists in this forum. We tend to be a bit solitary at times and the vast majority of members with Skins avatars don't even post in this forum or offer an opinion on this team. I'm sure groups of Redskins fans in the UK do exist, but they probably knew each other in the first place, rather than actively through these forums. I guess that's probably just the way of things though. The question is what benefit could we have from uniting Skins fans more? We're remote from games and even the possibility of meet-ups is reduced by practicalities. I think the Redskins UK fan club vanished without trace, too, which doesn't bode well for trying such things.

citizenstu
16.04.2010, 03:32 PM
I wasn't trying to criticise you or defend the OP, it was menat to be a lighthearted comment. I was under the impression that this was a case of promotion by the site's owner, though...

my_friend_goo - there was absolutely no offense taken by me to your comments. I haven't learnt to use "emoticons" or whatever to lighten my writings properly yet. In fact I've only recently come to terms with their existence and started using them in texts to friends, though reluctantly.

However, I suppose there's a place in the world for a :D to show your in a happy place whilst writing. So I did take it as light-hearted.

Oh, yes, it might be self-promotion! Oh, no. I, erm, didn't think of that. I'll flog myself when I get home for being bad.