PDA

View Full Version : Your Ideal Use Of The #4 Pick

Gman84
19.04.2010, 08:31 PM
Vote and opine 'Skins fans.

RickySanders
19.04.2010, 08:54 PM
Vote and opine 'Skins fans.

I think we need a top LT as a starting point. Okung or maybe even Trent Williams.

Boltonian
19.04.2010, 09:29 PM
The ideal Draft for me would be swap picks with team around 7 to 10th pick(Browns
at 7 would be ideal, they want QB), also get Browns 2nd round pick, then Trade AH
away for mid to late 1st round pick, then draft best available LT with 1st pick. best
available RT or G with other 1st round pick then go ILB with 2nd round pick.

my_friend_goo
19.04.2010, 09:39 PM
If the draft board reads anything other than:

1. Favoured LT (Be it Okung or some other)
2. Trade down a bit to acquire another pick in rounds 2-3 and use the new first rounder to get the top LT and the additional pick OL, FS or LB
3. Second favoured LT

I may have to weep profusely.

Gman84
20.04.2010, 01:39 AM
The ideal Draft for me would be swap picks with team around 7 to 10th pick(Browns
at 7 would be ideal, they want QB), also get Browns 2nd round pick, then Trade AH
away for mid to late 1st round pick, then draft best available LT with 1st pick. best
available RT or G with other 1st round pick then go ILB with 2nd round pick.

Well, Jason La Caforna is still saying AH will get traded but others say he's staying. I'm not in favour of trading him purely because I doubt they'd get more than a high 3rd/low 2nd and who are you going to get who is better? It also creates another need as after Haynesworth our DL is very average.

Slip down from #4 to between 6-10, add a 2nd or 3rd round pick and still get Trent Williams and I may cry tears of joy. Trading away AH is a bad idea IMO.

The_Hangman
20.04.2010, 05:43 AM
Trade down, and pick the best available LT that suits our system. Then pick a NT, FS, LB and OL with our remaining picks.

I really hope we don't waste a pick on a developmental QB in the later rounds.

my_friend_goo
20.04.2010, 08:17 AM
Well, Jason La Caforna is still saying AH will get traded but others say he's staying. I'm not in favour of trading him purely because I doubt they'd get more than a high 3rd/low 2nd and who are you going to get who is better? It also creates another need as after Haynesworth our DL is very average.

Bingo! I'm amazed by the number of people supporting the trading of Haynesworth and to a lesser extent Landry and McIntosh just because of the way they have been portrayed in the media or due to their performances last year. The trade market is terrible at the moment and players aren't going for what they would've in seasons past. Every trade so far this off-season has shown that. Trade any of these three players and you have a vacancy that needs to be filled....probably with the draft pick you acquired by trading them in the first place (you CANNOT realistically expect to replace any of these three with any draft pick apart from our first rounder, I don't think they'll get sufficient value from any other pick, current or acquired).

Trade Campbell, perhaps, but to be fair I'd feel more confident him stepping in for McNabb than Rex Grossman. That may be a luxury the team can't afford, though, if they get a good enough offer for campbell (3rd round, 4th at a push).

IF some kind of mega package can be arranged by trading down in the first round, with one or two of the players discussed thrown in in order to acquire a whole raft of useful picks to replace the outgoing players AND areas of need, then I'll support such a move.

Harwich Hog
20.04.2010, 10:07 AM
My key is to get something reasonable for Jason Campbell. Honestly I will be disappointed for anything less than a third (I know that may be optimistic). I don’t mind that we don’t have that many picks – though obviously I would prefer we had more. As Brucey says, we have effectively already drafted Donovan McNabb in the second round so the draft hasn’t gone too bad so far.

I like Okung at #4, I also like Trent Williams at #6-#10 if we can trade back.

Additional thought: I'll be petrified with our OL (and any subsequent injury happening to McNabb) having Rex Grossman at #2. Give me Colt over Rex.

citizenstu
20.04.2010, 11:54 AM
I've gone for trade down, get LT. I'm split though - a big chunk of me thinks we should get Okung if available. I'm one of the minority who still think the Lions could find it difficult to pass on him though.

More than Okung though I think we need picks and the 2nd or 3rd best LT available. If we can't trade down only a few spots I think the risk of missing a decent LT becomes too great and we pick at 4 regardless.

I'd swap my vote now if I knew that JC or a LB/DB touted as possible trade were on their way for a 3rd or 4th rounder. Can't help but think we also need a decent prospect at G/C too which doesn't leave many picks from our original lot.

santana89
20.04.2010, 01:30 PM
a) Use the pick for Okung
b) If Okung is gone, then Suh if he's available (a LT is top priority but Suh is too good to pass on)
c) If both are gone, trade down to recover a pick or two and draft best LT available

wuds100
20.04.2010, 03:11 PM
If Okung is there at 4 then we make him the pick no messing around,
If he is selected at 2 then we get on the phone and see what is out there,
Whatever the outcome we need a LT or else we might as well have kept Campbell
for what McNabb will be worth behind that line,
Im also in the keep Hayneswoth camp but with no picks inside of the top 100
after the 4th we are getting a bit desperate,
Hopefully all will end well but it looks sure to be a rocky ride.

The_Hangman
20.04.2010, 07:27 PM
in-analyzing-ot-prospects-ryan-clady-is-shanahans-prototype/ (http://blogs.fredericksburg.com/redskinsjournal/2010/04/20/in-analyzing-ot-prospects-ryan-clady-is-shanahans-prototype/)

Interesting analysis which compares Williams, Okung and Clady.

It's worth noting that Okung and Clady are very similar in their measurements and combine numbers, except for one area - 3 cone drill, where Clady holds a large advantage.

santana89
20.04.2010, 09:45 PM
I'm still worried by the fact we don't even need to show up on Friday. Only having one pick in the top 100 and that is one we need to use on a LT is most worrying.

JD for breakfast
21.04.2010, 04:55 PM
I think we can afford to trade down from #4 because there is a fair bit of good OT talent in this draft that will fall outside the top 10 we're we will probably end up should we go through with a trade down

santana89
22.04.2010, 03:57 PM
Now it's almost upon us I think we should do all we can to trade down a few places. Okung would obviously be the preferred option but there's so many ready OTs that trading down would be the best thing to do.

It's not like we have a Superbowl-winning roster and we only need one or two additions.

citizenstu
22.04.2010, 04:34 PM
There's still a lot of room for moving come draft time so I think we can pick up more picks yet.

It seems, so far, we've all voted either take Okung or trade down then get the best LT. So we're agreed to a point that our only option in round 1 is the best LT available.

Are we confident that's what the Skins are gonna do - there's still a heck of a lot of talk about having us trying to trade up and grab Bradford - how're you feeling Skins' fans?

wuds100
22.04.2010, 05:47 PM
There's still a lot of room for moving come draft time so I think we can pick up more picks yet.

It seems, so far, we've all voted either take Okung or trade down then get the best LT. So we're agreed to a point that our only option in round 1 is the best LT available.

Are we confident that's what the Skins are gonna do - there's still a heck of a lot of talk about having us trying to trade up and grab Bradford - how're you feeling Skins' fans?

Cant see any trade ups now not when we are set at QB,
At this point LT is our biggest concern and though there are other holes
there are none as big as the one on the QBs blindside,
If Okung is there and it is believed by virtually every source going that he is
the standout Tackle then we should snap him up,
What needs adressing elsewhere might have to wait and the fact we are coming off
a 4-12 year should be warning enough that we are not going to be fixed in just 12 months,
Whatever happens later this time around at least we can all be a little more confident
in those with there fingers on the button.

Gman84
22.04.2010, 07:25 PM
All the talk I'm hearing is the pick will be Eric Berry. I hope that is smoke and mirrors. Don't dislike the player and he could be a star but I think the OL is more pressing.

pj
22.04.2010, 08:25 PM
All the talk I'm hearing is the pick will be Eric Berry. I hope that is smoke and mirrors. Don't dislike the player and he could be a star but I think the OL is more pressing.

It does seem like a smoke screen to me possibly trying to get the Browns to bite so we can move down a few spots and still get our guy (who I think is trent williams).

If we could do a straight swap of Jamal Brown for Haynesworth (although its highly unlikely) then id be ok with it but ideally it would still be OT with the top pick regardless of what happens with trades.

lochhibs
22.04.2010, 08:57 PM
totally agree gman.although i think berry is a good player from what ive seen,OL is a much more pressing issue.but i think trading down for more picks then pick the best OL on the board when we pick is a better option if we dont get any picks for players they are trying to get rid off.

Riggo
22.04.2010, 10:22 PM
Poll closed? WTF?

Trade down for mo better picks