PDA

View Full Version : trent williams picked at 4

lochhibs
23.04.2010, 12:06 AM
im more than happy with this pick.dont think there was too much between him and okung.lets hope he does a good job protecting mcnabb.

Gman84
23.04.2010, 04:04 AM
Pleased it was an OT in the end. Still a slight surprise it was Williams over Okung. I'll trust the coaches and Bruce know what they are doing and think he's the best fit although his lack of strength and the fact he sometimes plays down to the opponents level is a concern but these guys are micro analysed so I'll wait and see.

Still, rumours abound that they are not done yet at OT with Jamaal Brown still a distinct option, possible a deal with Landry and or McIntosh. They can have both if we get Brown and a pick back!

Also hearing Carlos Rogers is talking contract extension!

Interesting stuff.

citizenstu
23.04.2010, 07:26 AM
It's the right move, we're finally and actually addressing the OL where it matters most. Now we need a couple of gems in the later rounds.

Iggy
23.04.2010, 08:18 AM
I'm intrigued too! I thought Okung was a better prospect judging from what I read but I'm judt pleased that they used the draft to address a need! Can't remember the last time that happened...

steblin
23.04.2010, 12:29 PM
As with everyone else I'm over the moon we drafted OT, but I really thought it would be Okung. The coaches know more about what they want in a player than I do, but what struck me when reading the stats on him is that he only made 12 or so starts at LT having started most of his College career at RT.

He sounds incredibley athletic though so we'll see how he pans out but I've got plenty of confidence Bruce and Shanny know what they're doing ;)
Big shoes to fill! In his interview he said he got a call from Samuels saying he'll help him out as much as he can :)

I'm now gutted we have to wait till the 4th round for our next pick! lol

fugitive
23.04.2010, 12:48 PM
I was hoping it would be Williams so am very pleased.

How can a guy that big run the 40 in 4.8 ? :confused:

my_friend_goo
23.04.2010, 12:48 PM
Shanhan seems to be a good judge of o-line talent and making the most of his guys. I'll trust his judgement on this one.

pj
23.04.2010, 01:03 PM
As with everyone else I'm over the moon we drafted OT, but I really thought it would be Okung. The coaches know more about what they want in a player than I do, but what struck me when reading the stats on him is that he only made 12 or so starts at LT having started most of his College career at RT.

He sounds incredibley athletic though so we'll see how he pans out but I've got plenty of confidence Bruce and Shanny know what they're doing ;)
Big shoes to fill! In his interview he said he got a call from Samuels saying he'll help him out as much as he can :)

I'm now gutted we have to wait till the 4th round for our next pick! lol

I have a feeling that we will end up with 1 or 2 picks before the 4th!

wuds100
23.04.2010, 01:49 PM
Got to admit I was a bit gutted when they announced Williams and not Okung,
However I am mainly going off reports and the opinions of others so I will hold
judgement for now though i'm thinking we may have passed on the better player
but taken someone better suited to our scheme,
That all said I level of trust in Allen/Shanahan compared to Synder/Cerrato is 100 fold.

skinsfan.uk
23.04.2010, 04:09 PM
I too was a little surprised that we took him over Okung but that was based on the experts opinions (some of whom had us looking at Clausen at 4!). Williams is the more athletic of the 2 and would seem a better fit for the zone blocking scheme. I'm all for the pick and look forward to seeing him start.

Gman84
23.04.2010, 06:19 PM
So, what's next then? (http://forum.nfluk.com/blog.php?b=1742)

Harwich Hog
24.04.2010, 09:35 AM
Anyone else pretty happy we didn't make any movies in the 2nd/3rd round? I have to admit I f-ed up a little and didn't even realise rounds 2 and 3 were happening last night. I thought it was today - meh.

But hey with alot of names still on the board in the 4th round I think it's good we didn't trade up...

liverbirdpie
24.04.2010, 09:37 AM
So, what's next then? (http://forum.nfluk.com/blog.php?b=1742)

I cant be alone in seeing Bruce Campbells name still there in the fourth round? Another OT, and one who should easily have gone Mid 2nd (some early mocks had him going top ten!!!!) and we could be looking at a seriously improved line to protect McNabb

wuds100
24.04.2010, 12:31 PM
I cant be alone in seeing Bruce Campbells name still there in the fourth round? Another OT, and one who should easily have gone Mid 2nd (some early mocks had him going top ten!!!!) and we could be looking at a seriously improved line to protect McNabb

Your not alone on that one,
I was watching the picks come through on my mobile last night and
was surprised he dropped into the 4th,
If he drops to us I would definetly take him though the word is Shanahan
loves taking RBs at this stage.

Gman84
24.04.2010, 07:35 PM
I heard a few rumours that Bruce Campbell has a severe learning disability and hence that's why he has dropped like a stone Unsure how true that is.

I liked the addition of a ILB in the 4th, that was a need filled even if he takes a bit of time to come on.

wuds100
25.04.2010, 02:33 PM
I heard a few rumours that Bruce Campbell has a severe learning disability and hence that's why he has dropped like a stone Unsure how true that is.

I liked the addition of a ILB in the 4th, that was a need filled even if he takes a bit of time to come on.

There has to be some reason to why he dropped that far given how
quickly the Tackles go,
Peter King's take was that he never recieved a single vote for the all ACC team
at tackle saying that does not happen if your a great player,
Though for me in the fourth round your probably not expecting to draft a superstar
so I dont see where he was coming from with that,
If he does have learning difficulties then you have to take that into consideration
though I think Frank Gore has similar problems so I suppose its how you handle it.