PDA

View Full Version : Are WR's on the block?

PerthSaint
26.04.2010, 12:22 PM
Saw a video clip of payton saying that we are heavy at WR and if a team with needs came calling and we got value that we would listen to offers, who you reckon we would let go for the right price given we have Arrington improving?

lilb
26.04.2010, 01:40 PM
Very difficult to say as Payton seems to use all the weapons at his disposal I think the two who definitely wouldnt go though are Colston and Meachem (who I think will have a great year this year).

PerthSaint
26.04.2010, 01:53 PM
Couldn't agree more, I can't wait to see how Meachem comes on this year but my two definite stays would be Colston and Henderson with Meachem and Moore the most likely to be available. Don't think I've ever seen Devery Henderson catch a ball at less than 10 yards, he stretches the field like none of the other WR's do.

lilb
26.04.2010, 02:11 PM
I know what you mean I just feel Meachem is a more polished receiver who can run more routes as well as stretch the field. It looks like Moore with him missing so much of last season may be expendable. It seems like whoever we put out there can catch and make plays though even when David Thomas came in and made important catches. With Moore being more of a slot receiver as well Reggie can provide cover in that area.

PerthSaint
26.04.2010, 02:46 PM
Moore is definitely expendible in my opinion, especially, as you say, with reggie looking like adding slot receiver to his resume more this year. Just have to wonder though would he be of any big upgrade to many teams? the way Payton was talking it looked like he'd perhaps had enquiries during the draft about WR's, gotta think most teams would be looking more for the other 3.

beer_bart
26.04.2010, 04:16 PM
On reading an interview on the draft selections from Payton it seems he was quite down on not picking up a quality linebacker or a new runningback. So his only tangible option now is to trade a WR.

MarkC07
26.04.2010, 04:38 PM
He's more then likely talking about Moore.

DeanMoriarty
26.04.2010, 06:05 PM
Rather have Lance Moore than Arrington personally. Arrington has barely played since being drafted, how you can improve without being on the field escapes me...

Substitute
28.04.2010, 06:59 PM
I don't think they have a specific receiver in mind - but Moore is a RFA so it would make sense were they to try and trade him.

I've also not been impressed by Arrington, though it is very little I've seen. In fairness we did alright last season with Colston, Meachem and Henderson (who is definitely one of our most improved players).

DeanMoriarty
29.04.2010, 08:26 AM
Lance Moore had a really good season in 2008/09 when Colston was out injured. Henderson is a deep threat, Meachem yes! But Lance Moore is one of the best slot receivers out there to let him go would be a mistake.

Having said that, Bree's precision makes any wideout look good.

MarkC07
29.04.2010, 03:06 PM
Lance Moore had a really good season in 2008/09 when Colston was out injured. Henderson is a deep threat, Meachem yes! But Lance Moore is one of the best slot receivers out there to let him go would be a mistake.

Having said that, Bree's precision makes any wideout look good.

Don't agree on Moore at all tbh, he's very expendable in our offense. He barely played at all last year and we managed to get trough fine without him. One of the best slot receivers out there is a bit of a outlandish statement also, like you said, there are lots of receivers that could put up his 08/09 numbers with Brees throwing it to them.

Don't get me wrong I like him and I think he's a good wide-out but I wouldn't be too upset if we let him go because he would be easy enough to replace in our offense.

marcseven
30.04.2010, 01:28 PM
After chewing it over i feel Moore too, i would hold onto Colston & Meachem's legs like a small child if i though they were going. Getting to like Henderson. Moore is definitely good enough for another team to snap up where as Arrington has hardly been in the shop window.

Substitute
01.05.2010, 01:08 AM
Colston is Brees' favourite reciever. Enough siad about him.

But the others are all, in their own way, somewhat expendable. Meachem and Henderson are two of the best deep-threat receivers in the league, but neither are amazing on the short routes. Moore and the TE's are very strong on the short routes.

But the thing is, if Henderson or Meachem or Moore and the TE's drop out that offence keeps rolling because we have depth on offence. Where you have depth you can afford to lose players but then you're leaving it to chance.

There is no reciever (bar perhps Colston) who is not expendable on the Saints roster but it is also important to bear in mind that other teams are not high on the Saints WR. They consider them 'system' products, as Henderson found out last year. We could lose one of these receivers 'easily' but I'm not sure we'd get great value for them.

saints242008
08.06.2010, 01:57 AM
Whilst Colston is the go to guy and number 1, i remember 2-3 seasons ago watching a clip where Brees himself said that he liked Moore more than anyone. I believe Moore is the one guy that is on the edge of being let go wether it be by trade or release, he is in Brees's books so i think that gives him a chance.

Meachem this has to be his year of making a run to push Colston for the number 1 spot or at least make his spot as number 2.

Henderson will be used to keep defence's thinking pass and worried about the deep threat, opening the field for Thomas and Bush.

Bush you could say is above or below Henderson which to me is kind of pushing out Arrington.

Saintsfan62
18.07.2010, 07:35 PM
I would rather have moore over arrington but colston/meachem/henderson are all definite stays