PDA

View Full Version : Marko Mitchell cut

RickySanders
03.05.2010, 04:08 PM
Really gutted by this news, would have loved to have seen him get an opportunity in pre-season at least. Not for Shanny tho, Anthony Montgomery amongst 4 others that are cut.

http://voices.washingtonpost.com/redskinsinsider/

wuds100
03.05.2010, 04:25 PM
Yeah just caught that, Not a good move in my opinion
Why not just give the guy a shot at the least,
Though I am taking the in Shanahan/Allen we trust approach this is another head scratcher.

lochhibs
03.05.2010, 06:13 PM
i agree.would like to have seen him get more of a chance.still baffled by the wade and galloway signings.like wuds i have faith in shanahan and allen and will trust there judgement with these issues.

JD for breakfast
03.05.2010, 07:41 PM
This one's a puzzler. Shanny in the past has favoured tall receivers and Mitchell was certainly that. I'm guessing he's not been applying himself in OTA's

Gman84
04.05.2010, 01:29 PM
I'm not too concerned, it is a surprise but maybe their looks at him on film and in mini-camps has not shown a lot. With regards to the other receivers, expect Bobby Wade to make a solid contribution, he is useful in the slot.

Anthiny Montgomery was also a little surprising but they have added some other D-lineman in recent weeks and have a lot of bodies there.

RickySanders
05.05.2010, 09:54 AM
Didn't think it would take long for someone to pick him up. Signed by Detroit Lions.

wuds100
05.05.2010, 12:52 PM
Didn't think it would take long for someone to pick him up. Signed by Detroit Lions.

Opposite Calvin Johnson they now have two big WRs and are generally
putting together a nice team there.

RickySanders
06.05.2010, 09:00 AM
Opposite Calvin Johnson they now have two big WRs and are generally
putting together a nice team there.

Indeed, nice move for MM.

The_Hangman
07.05.2010, 09:09 AM
Marko has potential, but the guy just doesn't run routes well. Coupled with the fact he can't play Special Teams, he was probably a luxury the Skins could not afford.

I wish him look at the Lions, but don't be surprised if he doesn't make their roster.