PDA

View Full Version : Saints thread

Pages : 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

zorro37
27.02.2008, 09:24 PM
Saints resign OG Jamar Nesbit, and reserve OC/G Jonathan Goodwin.
Nesbit to a 1 year deal.
They also resigned WR Terrance Copper to a 3 year deal earlier in the week.

All great signings IMO. Nesbit is aging and at some stages looked like a revolving door last year, but in 2006 was very good and he will likely only be there as a mentor to our young offensive linemen, specifically Andy Alleman who should be starting by the season's end.

Goodwin did a lot better than Faine when filling in for him, but it is better to keep both rather than bank on him. Expect Faine to be resigned soon.

Copper is an all around great guy. A great influence, who can also lead on special teams. He is also perfect as a 5th or 6th WR.

zorro37
27.02.2008, 11:12 PM
It really is unbelievable how much we have done so far. A lot more than any other team I can tell you!
Anyway here's the news:

The Saints, who re-signed kicker Martin Grammatica, released kicker Olindo Mare Wednesday after he failed a physical. He came to the Saints in a trade from the Dolphins last year. He is a veteran of 11 NFL seasons.
-- John Clayton, ESPN.com

Automatica!

zorro37
29.02.2008, 07:49 AM
:o
Jeff Faine to the Bucs.
Saints resign Simoneau >:( and Young :)

SAINTS TRADE FOR VILMA ;D ;D ;D ;D

Also Saints interested in Shockey!
Dallas CB Jack Reeves is visiting us.
As is Tennesee DE Travis Laboy.
We are making all the right moves!
We have a pro bowl calibre MLB, and Simoneau to back him up.
Brian Simmons will be gone pretty quick. He's 3rd choice and hes getting 3 million

On day one we have done as many things as we probably did all offseason last year.

themouth18888
29.02.2008, 10:49 PM
Randal Gay to visit us as well now!

themouth18888
29.02.2008, 10:50 PM

My thoughts exactly!!

evilmoo
29.02.2008, 11:01 PM
A decent cornerback and we are in business. D-Line is an issue but cornerback is the last gaping hole. I'm excited

zorro37
29.02.2008, 11:02 PM
WR Terry Glenn is coming for a visit too.
A bit old, and this kind of suggests to me that for some reason Patten mightn't be coming back ???
If we take Glenn and let Patten walk after his highly productive year, that's a bit stupid.
We are also 'actively interested' in Michael Turner. That could mean bye bye Deuce too.
Seems Shockey isn't just a rumour, we are the team showing the most interest, and making a hard push for him. A second is the talk.

Also Vilma for a 4th/possible 3rd is stupidly good value.

evilmoo
29.02.2008, 11:04 PM
WR Terry Glenn is coming for a visit too.
A bit old, and this kind of suggests to me that for some reason Patten mightn't be coming back ???
If we take Glenn and let Patten walk after his highly productive year, that's a bit stupid.
We are also 'actively interested' in Michael Turner. That could mean bye bye Deuce too.
Seems Shockey isn't just a rumour, we are the team showing the most interest, and making a hard push for him. A second is the talk.

Also Vilma for a 4th/possible 3rd is stupidly good value.

Yea we did come out by far the better side of this deal. TE isn't really a need though, granted Shockey is a freak, but we could use the money elsewhere as hes not going to be cheap in terms of wages

themouth18888
29.02.2008, 11:05 PM
I am actually like a kid at xmas! Loving the start to FA we really could be on the road to something special if we make the correct signing's via FA/Draft! Had a decent wager on the Saints for the Superbowl today @ 25/1 I think our price can only shorten surely?!

themouth18888
29.02.2008, 11:08 PM
I hope it isnt the end for Deuce but Turner aint a half bad replacement is he? Shockey would be great as well tho feel bad for Billy Miller who imo has never really let us down in the past

zorro37
29.02.2008, 11:11 PM
Well we can't get carried away. All we've done is shown interest and arranged visits in all but one player. We still have DT, NT, WLB, DE, FS, and 2 CBs on our defensive needs list. We've only got one guy after all.

Pretty annoyed that this is not the year that we throw money at the best CB to finally give us stability there. Gay and Reeves are good but we better not be viewing them the same as we viewed David last year. I think we will be.

Another positive thing to take out of the Vilma deal is that, the way I understood it anyway, the Jets policy is to not reveal injury details.
I heard Vilma had microfracture surgery on his knee, which basically means breaking all the bones around the knee in such a way it heals. That takes a long time to recover fully from.
Turns out it wasn't that serious and it was only one bone removed. He is well on the road to recovery.

zorro37
29.02.2008, 11:48 PM
Bears forum saying Chicago sports radio reporting that LANCE BRIGGS is visiting us.
Fujita Vilma Briggs. I can't stop repeating that.

themouth18888
01.03.2008, 12:01 AM
Bears forum saying Chicago sports radio reporting that LANCE BRIGGS is visiting us.
Fujita Vilma Briggs. I can't stop repeating that.

Seriously?? how good would that be? as you said Fujita Vilma Briggs, would just be mental! Thanks for the update Zorro!

We wouldnt need a CB's there is no way a QB is gonna get a chance to get a pass off ;D

themouth18888
01.03.2008, 12:04 AM
Ok guys I remember last year I think it was Pre season when the Miami Dolphins (Jason Taylor)! visited Wembley and some members of the Dolphins UK fan club were invited to attend as well! Now I dont think there is a official UK Saints fans club but if any Saints players were to come over do you think i should put all our names forward to NFLUK to see what they can do for us? Who would be interested??

themouth18888
01.03.2008, 12:32 AM
Saints | Team to meet with Green
Fri, 29 Feb 2008 15:55:19 -0800
NFL.com reports the New Orleans Saints will meet with unrestricted free-agent QB Trent Green (Dolphins) sometime next week.

zorro37
01.03.2008, 12:32 AM
Saints meeting with QB Trent Green.

Jags CB Aaron Glenn, and DE Bobby McCray, both visited today.
This is just getting weird now. Every 15 minutes or so I find out about another potential Saint.

Green would be a solid backup and upgrade over fellow vet Jamie Martin. Glenn is David bad, but McCray as a situational edge rusher would be fine.

themouth18888
01.03.2008, 12:33 AM
Ha we posted the Trent Green story at the same time!!

zorro37
01.03.2008, 04:45 PM
I would definately be interested in meeting some Saints if I get to the London game. I don't really care who.

It looks like we are Brigg's only suitors. He threw out the talk of going to New Orleans, but think about it, if it was just a rumour he would let it spread so he makes more money, but the only reason to dismiss it is if it is true.
Link
http://www.suntimes.com/sports/football/bears/820629,CST-SPT-bear01.article
The market for three-time Pro Bowl linebacker Lance Briggs seems to have all but evaporated. Briggs has a big-money contract on the table from the Bears, and it looked late Friday night as if the New Orleans Saints could be the only team left to bid against them.

It's believed Briggs has yet to schedule a visit. Sources close to the negotiations said reports he was headed to see the Tampa Bay Buccaneers weren't correct. It wouldn't make a lot of sense for the Bucs, with linebackers Cato June and Derrick Brooks in the fold, to throw top dollar at a third player ideally suited for the weak side.

Washington doesn't have the money to bid for Briggs, and San Francisco fell out of the running when it signed Dontarrious Thomas. Cleveland and the New York Jets are believed to be out of the hunt, leaving the Saints, who traded for Jonathan Vilma on Friday, as the only serious contender at this point. New Orleans, which will play Vilma in the middle, might have the money to retool its defense by adding Briggs on the weak side.

EarthwindAndFire
01.03.2008, 05:21 PM
The Vilma trade is awesome. If you get Briggs I'll be taking a punt on you guys.

GamingGTAman1989
01.03.2008, 05:22 PM

Why?

If i were you guys i would of rather had Lance Briggs.

My thoughts exactly!!

SaintNick
01.03.2008, 05:26 PM
but the only reason to dismiss it is if it is true.
Or the more likely reason that he isn't coming here and he doesn't want to. :(

We have 2 glaring defensive needs to be sorted before the draft.

DT and CB. Then we can start thinking about a FS etcl.

I'm not buying this "we need a pass rushing DE" we have 2, we need a DT to occupy double teams and/or collapse the pocket. That'll do wonders for Smith and Grants production.
But DT might have to wait until the draft.

WLB isn't a weakness for us (No pun intended) but it isn't a strength either, with Vilma beside him Shanle might be solid enough to spend the money elsewhere. I'd still LOVE Briggs though, he can do it all.

Don't want Shockey, it'd be too much to give up and I'm not his biggest fan anyway.

zorro37
01.03.2008, 05:48 PM
We offered Shockey but the stupid Giants want either a first rounder or a second rounder and a starter for him and turned it down
http://www.usatoday.com/sports/football/nfl/2008-02-29-free-agent-roundup_N.htm

Giants turn down Shockey trade: The Giants turned down a proposal to trade TE Jeremy Shockey to the New Orleans Saints, who did not offer a first-round pick in return. That's according to Ernie Palladino of the Westchester (N.Y.) Journal News, USA TODAY's sister publication. The Giants are insisting on a first-round pick or a second-rounder plus a starting player in return for Shockey, who was replaced by Kevin Boss in the Super Bowl run after a December leg injury. MORE
They will never, ever get that

diceman18
01.03.2008, 06:08 PM
2 be honest i wouldn't really want Shockey for a second round pick anyway.

zorro37
01.03.2008, 06:23 PM

I would offer, a 3rd round 2008 selection, Josh Bullocks, and a 5th round 2009 selection. They need a safety, and hopefully don't know how bad Bullocks is.
That's the type of deal you get for a big egoed, bad attitude tight end coming off of an injury. A first is absolutely insane.

diceman18
01.03.2008, 08:12 PM
i agree, they'd better know squat about Bullocks if we were to try and trade him :D

evilmoo
01.03.2008, 09:06 PM

I would offer, a 3rd round 2008 selection, Josh Bullocks, and a 5th round 2009 selection. They need a safety, and hopefully don't know how bad Bullocks is.
That's the type of deal you get for a big egoed, bad attitude tight end coming off of an injury. A first is absolutely insane.

Haha, i think everybody has to know how horrible Josh Bullocks is by now

zorro37
01.03.2008, 10:15 PM
We just resigned Droppery Devery Henderson >:(
Do this after you have signed David Patten!
If we let Patten walk we are idiots

This is apparantly being reported on NFL Network, so there is (hopefully) a chance it isn't true as I can't verify it.

EDIT: Though Saints resign RB Aaron Stecker. That's a guy who earned it. :D

diceman18
01.03.2008, 10:36 PM
im not as annoyed as you i guess :o ...but i do hope we resign patten who would also help our less experienced players. Still we were a little short on receivers anyway.

(assuming all of this is true)

SaintNick
01.03.2008, 10:42 PM
Devery Henderson, catches the impossible - drops the unthinkable.

He gets a lot of 'abuse' from Saints fans for his drops, but never the praise for his amazing catches.

I'm happy he's re-signed, I think he can improve his hands.

zorro37
01.03.2008, 10:59 PM
Well it looks like the deal on Devery is something like 1 year, 2 million.
I have no complaints at all there. Give him one year to prove it or lose it. That makes a lot of sense.

And I respect Devery a lot for what he does on the big plays. Some of his plays are my favourites I've ever seen Saints make. It's just that respect gets depleted a lot for every drop. He has the dubious stat of leading the league in drops, despite on having about 30 receptions.

SaintNick
01.03.2008, 11:09 PM
He's a #3 receiver at most who gets thrown mostly tough catches, the law of averages says he isn't going to hold on to them all.

themouth18888
02.03.2008, 03:36 AM
I am a little dissapointed with FA! We have a hell of alot cap rom available and we do next to nothing with it really! We lose out on Briggs and dont even bother offering for Berrian or Faneca I just dont understand it?? We are in a position to make a serious bid for the Superbowl but we do nothing.

BathPalace
02.03.2008, 04:24 PM
Losing Briggs was a shame, but I think Shanle and Fujita will be okay. Bigger weaknesses at CB and DT.

As for our offense I think we only need to resign last years and replace those who leave. I know Payton likes his offence but our D needs the focus this year. Asante Samuels would have been nic though.

zorro37
02.03.2008, 06:54 PM
PFT:

POSTED 1:45 p.m. EST, March 2, 2008

GAY GOES SOUTH

After two frenetic days of free agency, Sunday was shaping up to be a lot slower.

So much for that.

The Patriots have lost cornerback Randall Gay to New Orleans, according to Adam Schefter of NFL Network.

Gay has agreed to terms on a four-year, $17.8 million deal, which includes a $3.75 million signing bonus and $6.9 million in guaranteed money.

It's not a jaw-dropping deal, but it further damages the defending AFC champions. And Gay figures to be an improvement over Jason David, who performed like a piece of French (Quarter) Toast for the Saints in 2007.
http://www.profootballtalk.com/rumormill.htm

Finally. He was the last CB worth a crap left. If we hadn't gotten him a lot would be very unhappy. Jason David will be ahead of him on the depth chart though, I think.

themouth18888
02.03.2008, 07:06 PM
Just seen this on another site I go on, this guy says he was speaking to Micky Loomis dont know if this is true or not enjoy:

First off, he was one of the nicest people I've ever met. Seriously, he's a great guy. Instead of posting huge paragraphs of what we talked about, I'll just put the topic and then paraphrase what he said to make it easier on the eyes...

On the Draft: Looks like they're thinking DT. He said they definitely open to being aggressive and trying to move up. They have Dorsey rated slightly higher than Ellis.

On Asante Samuel: They were never players for him. He wanted way to much money.

On Lance Briggs: Same thing as Samuel. Wanted too much money.

On Michael Turner: They've talked about it.

On Jeff Faine: He laughed about the contract Tampa gave him.

On Drayton Florence: And I quote "I just don't think he's any good." In response I said, "You think he's a system guy or something?" He said, "Nah, I just don't think he's good." I thought that was really funny for some reason.

On Randall Gay: We'll see. They think he can really help them.

On Dewayne Robertson: They could possibly be in the mix for him.

On Jonathan Vilma: They're really excited. It's a 4th this year and a 4th next year that can become a 3.

On Jason David: They still like him. Obviously he had a horrible year last year but they think he's gonna get it turned around.

On Robert Meachem: He's been looking really good, especially towards the end of last season. They're expecting him to make a push to start next year.

Once again, one of the nicest people I've ever met. I'll probably write about the entire experience on my blog sometime soon.

EDIT: I actually did ask him about Deuce. He said Deuce's recovery is going well and they're hoping for the best but will evaluate the situation as it progresses. I asked him about Shockey as well and he said they did talk to the Giants but they want too much. Forgot to add this in the original post.

fenboy73
02.03.2008, 08:37 PM
Think we have got an improvement without breaking the bank! A good deal if you ask me!

fenboy73
02.03.2008, 08:44 PM
Ben Troupe visiting! This would be a great signing!
http://www.nashvillecitypaper.com/news.php?viewStory=58989

<object width="425" height="355"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/V0aNhEeM1W8&rel=1&border=0"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/V0aNhEeM1W8&rel=1&border=0" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent"width="425" height="355"></embed></object>

fenboy73
02.03.2008, 08:45 PM
Embedded version didnt work! try link
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V0aNhEeM1W8

Saint Spike
02.03.2008, 09:41 PM
Im actually quite dissapointed with FA so far, Although im extremely pleased with the trade for Jonathan Vilma.

I was dissapointed we didnt land Briggs. Same with Berrian but hopefully Meachem can step up this season and show us what he can do.

The deal for Randall Gay is pleasing, but does this rule out an approach for Eagles CB Lito Sheppard ?

zorro37
02.03.2008, 09:56 PM
We still have massive holes to fill, and barring big trades, there is no way we'll have improved at all our needs by week 1. Vilma is a great pickup, when Gay is switched on he is a good player. I can't wait to say our starting corners are Young and Gay :D

Gay upgrades David, but he is still heavily in our front office's plans whether we like it or not. I'm still not convinced at all with our CBs.

I like the Troupe visit and we better not let him leave.

I hope we sign Booger and at least improve DT somewhat. There is still a massive need at WLB. Shanle is a liability starting. We need an improvement.

Bullock's horrible FS play is half the reason our CBs are rated badly, and to be fair to David a lot of his mistakes are directly from Bullocks. This is another guy who must show a heck of a lot better in training than games because again our Front office is very high on him.

We still don't generate enough pass rush, and need a capable defensive end to give Will and Charles a break and come into the game fresh.

Very disappointing first couple of days with the money we have. I don't see a trade for Sheppard as they want a first.

Meachem will step up. It is like having 2 first round picks. But we are by no means set at reciever and will definately draft one.

zorro37
02.03.2008, 09:57 PM
We still don't generate enough pass rush, and need a capable defensive end to give Will and Charles a break and come into the game fresh..

Hah!
As I posted this:

Saints sign Bobby McCray
NewOrleansSaints.com
For Immediate Release: March 2, 2008

The New Orleans Saints announced today that they agreed to terms on a five-year contract with unrestricted free agent defensive end Bobby McCray. The announcement of McCray’s agreement was made by Saints’ Executive Vice President/General Manager Mickey Loomis.

McCray, 6-6, 262-pounds, was one of the Jacksonville Jaguars’ starting defensive ends the past two seasons and ranks tied for seventh in franchise history with DT Marcus Stroud, who was recently traded to the Buffalo Bills, with 22 career sacks. A seventh-round pick out of the University of Florida by Jacksonville in 2004, McCray has played in 61 regular season games during his four-year career and recorded 94 tackles, 22 sacks and seven forced fumbles. The 26-year old native of Homestead, Fla. registered a career-high 10 sacks in 2006. In addition, McCray has played in three career playoff games, starting both the AFC Wild Card and AFC Divisional Playoff games the Jaguars advanced to in 2007, while also appearing in an AFC Wild Card game in 2005.

“Bobby is a player we identified as being able to come in and help us in the defensive line rotation,” said Loomis. “He is a player that is quick off the edge and has displayed a penchant for being able to generate pressure on the quarterback and be disruptive in passing situations.”

As a collegian with the Gators, McCray played in 36 games, making 15 starts over the course of his last two seasons, and recorded 107 tackles, 14.5 sacks, 20.5 tackles for losses, 31 quarterback pressures, two passes defensed, a forced fumble and a fumble recovery.

BathPalace
02.03.2008, 09:58 PM
And we've been linked with a big money move for Moss... not sure we need him though.

Another CB and then some defence in the draft and I'll be a happy man.

Saint Spike
02.03.2008, 10:06 PM
Surely if Moss was to come to New Orleans it would have to be for massive amounts.

Bobby McCray is a nice pick-up which will make our D-line better, now id like to see us pick up a new FS and a OLB or two.

Michael Turner has signed with the Falcons which is a shame as id like us to have picked him up too.

SaintNick
02.03.2008, 10:12 PM
There is still a massive need at WLB. Shanle is a liability starting.
Disagree completely. He's replaceable, but not a liability by any stretch of the imagination. Especially not now he has a bona-fide MLB next to him, he's not a playmaker, but he's solid enough to spend the money on NEEDS over wants.

zorro37
02.03.2008, 10:19 PM
There is still a massive need at WLB. Shanle is a liability starting.
Disagree completely. He's replaceable, but not a liability by any stretch of the imagination. Especially not now he has a bona-fide MLB next to him, he's not a playmaker, but he's solid enough to spend the money on NEEDS over wants.

Well I won't be happy unless we draft an OLB in the 2nd or 3rd rounds. NOT the first because the means Keith Rivers. Think he is very overrated. Shanle might improve but he and Simoneau were equally guilty last year of letting the ball carrier come to them. Last year he had 68 tackles and no sacks. That's pathetic. In 2006 he had 98 tackles and 4 sacks. We need to sort out our front 7, and we have made a good start.

I guess we'll have to agree to disagree. I will be very unhappy if Shanle sees significant playing time this year. Shawn Crable, Xavier Abidi, or Beau Bell I hope will be our 2nd or 3rd rounders and starters.

evilmoo
02.03.2008, 11:34 PM
Getting Randy Moss isn't such a great idea.
Wide receiver isn't really a need and he would cost a bunch, money which could be used to improve FS/DT/CB/LB etc (i.e. the defense heh)
Hopefully Meachem will be good next season, and if so we have a solid WR corps there

BathPalace
02.03.2008, 11:42 PM
I wouldn't say no to Moss, provided it didn't compromise the upgrade of our defence. I don't think you could get that guarantee.

Missing out on Turner is no massive loss either. A fit Deuce and Bush should be a match for anyone, but with Deuce's ill health and relatively large salary, who knows?

As mentioned before we NEED a FS and could do with a new WLB and DT. As long as one of those gets addressed in free agency the others could be sorted out in the draft. Would also like to see Troupe as well. Hope we don't let him leave.

themouth18888
03.03.2008, 10:07 PM
The New Orleans Saints announced today that they have agreed to terms on a two-year contract with unrestricted free agent wide receiver David Patten. The announcement was made by Saints’ Executive Vice President/General Manager Mickey Loomis.

Patten spent the 2006 season with the Saints after signing as an unrestricted free agent. The 5-10, 190-pound veteran of 11 NFL seasons caught 54 passes for 792 yards for a 14.7 receiving average last season, along with three touchdowns. Patten’s 54 receptions were the third-most on the team while his 792 receiving yards were the second highest on the squad, and he registered three-100 yard receiving games. His top game in 2007 came on a Monday Night Football affair on December 10 at Atlanta when he recorded nine receptions for 122 yards and a score.

“David stepped into our lineup immediately last season and provided immediate leadership and he was a consistent and dependable target,” said Loomis. “He is a consummate professional and his work ethic and leadership skills, coupled with the things he can do on the field made his re-signing a priority for us.”

zorro37
03.03.2008, 10:34 PM
The New Orleans Saints announced today that they have agreed to terms on a two-year contract with unrestricted free agent wide receiver David Patten. The announcement was made by Saints’ Executive Vice President/General Manager Mickey Loomis.

Patten spent the 2006 season with the Saints after signing as an unrestricted free agent. The 5-10, 190-pound veteran of 11 NFL seasons caught 54 passes for 792 yards for a 14.7 receiving average last season, along with three touchdowns. Patten’s 54 receptions were the third-most on the team while his 792 receiving yards were the second highest on the squad, and he registered three-100 yard receiving games. His top game in 2007 came on a Monday Night Football affair on December 10 at Atlanta when he recorded nine receptions for 122 yards and a score.

“David stepped into our lineup immediately last season and provided immediate leadership and he was a consistent and dependable target,” said Loomis. “He is a consummate professional and his work ethic and leadership skills, coupled with the things he can do on the field made his re-signing a priority for us.”

Very happy with this deal. 2 years is more than Devery got and I really want Patten to retire a Saint. He was great last year, and the passing game isn't broke, so why try and fix it. Maybe Troupe, and if the KR we will pickup is a reciever. I don't know, it's Sean Payton, but he's keeping the team intact. Colston, Meachem, Patten, Henderson, Moore, Copper.
Solid recievers but Drew Brees could have 3500 yards with 8 year olds at reciever.

nolazach
03.03.2008, 11:09 PM
hey guys

Newbie here, but lifetime Saints fan. Haven't missed a home game in years and them playing in London isn't going to stop me.

I can't wait for that, glad to see there are a few fans here, maybe I can ask what the best sports pubs and attractions are in the London area. Will be there in October.

Geaux Saints!!

The new CB will help, I feel we only just begun. Next season will make up for last season.

themouth18888
03.03.2008, 11:31 PM
Something to look forward to!

http://saintsreport.com/forums/image.php?u=3724&dateline=1204414613

Saint Spike
03.03.2008, 11:52 PM

I CANNOT wait :D

Anyone know when his jersey is likely to be released ?

themouth18888
04.03.2008, 12:03 AM

Now!!!

http://www.nflshop.com/sm-reebok-new-orleans-saints-jonathan-vilma-replica-team-color-jersey--pi-3050817.html

Sure you dont wanna get Gay on your jersey instead? ;)

Saint Spike
04.03.2008, 12:05 AM

Now!!!

http://www.nflshop.com/sm-reebok-new-orleans-saints-jonathan-vilma-replica-team-color-jersey--pi-3050817.html

Sure you dont wanna get Gay on your jersey instead? ;)

Ah great, might just have to order one tomorrow.

Oh, and erm, no thanks :P

nolazach
04.03.2008, 12:14 AM
VIlma jersey, thats a good one. I want a will smith. I will wear my Brees Pro-Bowl jersey to the game. But I will represent New Orleans out there like I am going on any other road trip. Flags and magnets on the rental and all.

evilmoo
04.03.2008, 12:18 AM
VIlma jersey, thats a good one. I want a will smith. I will wear my Brees Pro-Bowl jersey to the game. But I will represent New Orleans out there like I am going on any other road trip. Flags and magnets on the rental and all.

Thats awesome.
I live in Baton Rouge at the moment (am English) and go to New Orleans all the time and never get tired of seeing all the crazy ways people kit out there cars with Saints stuff.

Saint Spike
04.03.2008, 12:24 AM

Yeh, id like a will smith one too and a hollis thomas one, never thought about getting a pro bowl jersey even though they do look awesome.

evilmoo
04.03.2008, 12:54 AM
I can't see Gay jerseys being huge sellers to be honest. Heh, kudo's to any Saints fan on here who gets one

nolazach
04.03.2008, 07:49 AM
I live in Baton Rouge at the moment (am English)

That's cool, I have a duplex I rent out on Acadian, in the red stick.

My lil bro goes to LSU, I am an Alumni.

Geaux Tigers.

pop290764@tiscali.co.uk
04.03.2008, 11:57 AM
Whats your fav jersey
My fav at the moment is a gold Duece one i bought about 4 years ago.
I do have a Anderson one from way back which gets dug out every now and then to remind me of the bad old days.
I also have an unusual Horn jersey thats black on the front and gold on the back i bought outside the superdome a few years ago.
Worst jersey.
A Ricky Williams that i burnt when he bad mouthed the saints after going to the fins
Go Saints

DarrenSQh
04.03.2008, 01:44 PM
Looking good so far. Glad we are sorting out the defence.

Like the Vilma shirt. Possible birthday present. Not too sure about walking about Edinburgh with gay on the back of my top though.

nolazach
04.03.2008, 04:12 PM
My favorite Jersey is the pro bowl jersey I got on Ebay for really cheap. Then when I went to training camp I had Drew Brees sign it. So yeah my favorite Jersey plus its blue. Then I have a grey and black Mcallister and a Reggie Bush with the number 5 instead of 25. Word was the NFL was going to change the rule and allow RB's to wear low number jerseys.

zorro37
04.03.2008, 04:21 PM
I have 2 jerseys, both Reggie ones, a black and gold and a white. I am not a Bush fanboy though, even though he's probably my favourite player.
I ordered an autentic Brees jersey with the white one, but they were sold out. I will buy a Colston one, hopefully autentic, or replithentic, if I get to London. I want a Deuce one before he retires and also a Vilma one. I also really want an all gold jersey.
I also want to buy an LSU jersey.
So many things to ship in from america for lots of money, so little cash :(

evilmoo
04.03.2008, 06:25 PM
I live in Baton Rouge at the moment (am English)

That's cool, I have a duplex I rent out on Acadian, in the red stick.

My lil bro goes to LSU, I am an Alumni.

Geaux Tigers.

Thats cool. What year is he in here?
I'm still living in the dorms until the end of this semester and moving into an apartment off highland.

themouth18888
08.03.2008, 12:30 AM
Great news IMO Billy Miller re-signs with us!! Just check out the reaction of some Saints fans they love him!!

http://saintsreport.com/forums/showthread.php?p=976528&posted=1#post976528

themouth18888
11.03.2008, 10:06 PM
Steve Gleason retires

http://blog.nola.com/saintsbeat/2008/03/gleason_retires_from_saints.html

He will be missed good luck with whatever you decide to do now

zorro37
13.03.2008, 10:55 PM
http://blog.washingtonpost.com/redskinsinsider/2008/03/bye_bye_brunell.html
Saints sign Mark Brunell.
:)
Great signing, as long as he realises that without Drew Brees we are 4-12 at best.

zorro37
14.03.2008, 06:56 PM
D-Day for Doooooooooce 2nite.
My favourite Saints player, Deuce McAllister, and I'm sure a lot of yours, is due a $1 million bonus today.
We all know about his injury doubts, and there were a lot of rumours he may be cut this offseason.
Well if we do it, we will do it before we pay him his bonus.
The deadline is around 11 PM GMT for that to happen before league business closes for the weekend.
Crucial few hours.
Sources popping up on other Saints forums saying he will be cut.
:-[ :-[ :-[ :-[ :-[
Keep him, please

themouth18888
14.03.2008, 08:07 PM
D-Day for Doooooooooce 2nite.
My favourite Saints player, Deuce McAllister, and I'm sure a lot of yours, is due a $1 million bonus today.
We all know about his injury doubts, and there were a lot of rumours he may be cut this offseason.
Well if we do it, we will do it before we pay him his bonus.
The deadline is around 11 PM GMT for that to happen before league business closes for the weekend.
Crucial few hours.
Sources popping up on other Saints forums saying he will be cut.
:-[ :-[ :-[ :-[ :-[
Keep him, please

Ditto I think he is crucial to Reggie;s development as well

fenboy73
14.03.2008, 09:36 PM
Agree that we should we should keep him and pay his bonus but only if he is going to return to fitness! If the FO believe he is not going to return to half the form that we know he can achieve then he has to be cut for the sake of the team! Time will tell but hopefully when I wake he will still be a Saint!

fenboy73
14.03.2008, 09:49 PM
http://blog.nola.com/saintsbeat/2008/03/mcallister_saints_delay_bonus.html

He is a Saint for at least another month!

zorro37
14.03.2008, 09:50 PM
;D
Deuce is safe for another month at least.
http://blog.nola.com/saintsbeat/2008/03/mcallister_saints_delay_bonus.html
The Saints and tailback Deuce McAllister agreed to push back his $1 million roster bonus from March 15 to April 15, giving the team a better chance to gauge his health before making any financial decisions.

McAllister, 29, is recovering from surgery on both of his knees in late September. He expects to be ready for the team's summer minicamp (usually around June 1). But he said he was agreeable to the postponement because it gives him more time to prove he'll "make good on the investment."

Why wouldn't they just cut him if he wasn't wanted?
I hope this means he's coming back.

5aints0wn4ll
15.03.2008, 06:30 PM
Hopefully deuce will come back at full fitness but if worst comes to worst and he is cut i think we'll still have a decent 1-2 running attack with Pierre Thomas (who i rate very highly from what i've seen of him) and Reggie who i think can really make an impact on the nfl if he has confidence and someone who can carry the load between the tackles

themouth18888
18.03.2008, 10:09 PM
Bush hopes to rebound from down year

http://blog.nola.com/saintsbeat/2008/03/bush_hopes_to_rebound_from_dow.html

5aints0wn4ll
19.03.2008, 06:45 PM
Bush hopes to rebound from down year

http://blog.nola.com/saintsbeat/2008/03/bush_hopes_to_rebound_from_dow.html

Hope he can he was average at best in the games i saw last year
i just hope he can start next season and make us all go... :o

Maddict5
22.03.2008, 12:22 PM
Hopefully deuce will come back at full fitness but if worst comes to worst and he is cut i think we'll still have a decent 1-2 running attack with Pierre Thomas (who i rate very highly from what i've seen of him) and Reggie who i think can really make an impact on the nfl if he has confidence and someone who can carry the load between the tackles

i think troy williamson can make a real impact in the nfl if he has confidence and someone who can catch the deep ball for him ;D

5aints0wn4ll
22.03.2008, 06:46 PM
No ones rushing with Colston contract :o
http://www.nola.com/saints/t-p/index.ssf?/base/sports-4/1206077471230110.xml&coll=1&thispage=1 (http://www.nola.com/saints/t-p/index.ssf?/base/sports-4/1206077471230110.xml&coll=1&thispage=1)

zorro37
22.03.2008, 06:51 PM
Brilliant article and spot on on all points
http://www.coldhardfootballfacts.com...w_Orleans.html

We continue our team-by-team early off-season look at the NFL with the ...

NEW ORLEANS SAINTS

2007 record: 7-9.

2007 Expected W-L (based on PF/PA):7.8-8.2

All-time franchise record: 254-367-5 (.410)

Playoff record: 2-6 (.250)

Last five seasons: 36-44 (.450)

Best Quality Stat in 2007: Passing YPA (11th)

Worst Quality Stat in 2007: Defensive Passer Rating (32nd)

Best game of 2007: 41-24 home win over Jacksonville (Week 9). When the Saints’ offense was on last year, the team won games – they averaged 31.1 PPG in their seven wins, none more explosive than the victory over Jacksonville. The Saints rolled up 538 yards on Jacksonville, their fourth consecutive victory and one that appeared to right a listing ship. But then they lost consecutive games to the pathetic Rams and an at-best mediocre Texans team. New Orleans would end the season with just three victories in their final eight games.

Strength: Passing game. Drew Brees took a small step back in 2008, but an 89.4 rating (despite 98 more pass attempts in 2007 than in 2006) isn’t half bad. The Saints re-signed David Patten and Devery Henderson at WR, and still have hopes that 2007 1st-rounder Bobby Meachem will contribute. Reggie Bush caught more than 70 passes last year, although he did little with them. His abysmal 5.7 yards per catch was barely more than Minnesota phenom Adrian Peterson's 5.6 yards per attempt on the ground.

Weakness: Defensive back seven. It’d be easy to blame the secondary alone for the Saints’ No. 32 showing in Defensive Passer Rating (96.9), but their linebackers were clearly a problem as well. All three of their starters at LB (Scott Shanle, Scott Fujita, Mark Simoneau) were free agents that had been part-time guys in other cities. Fujita alone is routinely a part of some of the worst defenses in football. During his time as a starter with the Chiefs, for example, Kansas City could stop nobody in the ground and his speciality seemed to be getting knocked 10 yards off the ball. The Saints defense has fared no better during his two years in New Orleans. The addition of ILB Jonathan Vilma can only help.

Most underrated player: WR Marques Colston. This guy is mentioned as a pretty good receiver, but he goes beyond that. Not only did he break 1,000 yards as a rookie in only 12 starts, he followed it up with 98-1,202-11 as a second-year man despite battling injury and the lack of a standout No. 2 option at WR. He had six drops on 143 balls thrown his way, and Drew Brees completed 68.5 percent of the passes thrown to Colston – top numbers for a WR.

Unit on the rise: Secondary. Wait, what? Yes, the Saints secondary was the worst in the league last year. However, the addition of DE Bobby McCray to the defensive line and CB Randall Gay to the secondary and the firing of secondary coach Tom Hayes are all steps in the right direction. By all accounts, CB Jason David was the main offender in the secondary, and if he shifts to a more-natural role as a nickel back and young safeties Roman Harper and Josh Bullocks step up … well, they’ve got to be a bit better, don’t they?

Silly-season activity: The Saints have had a good free-agent period. They added four starting-level players to the defense (McCray, Gay, Vilma and LB Dan Morgan), and lost only C Jeff Faine while re-signing several of their own lesser free agents they wanted to keep.

2007 Draft grade: F. Wow. The Saints’ draft was just an utter failure of epic proportions. First-round WR Robert Meachem didn’t play a single down all year, and the Saints got a total of one start from their entire rookie class. If you're looking for reasons why New Orleans went from title-game contender in 2006 to nobody in 2007, there's a big one.

2008 Draft power: 1st (10), 2nd (41), 3rd (79), 5th (141), 6th (172), 7th (201)

General Draft strategy: The Saints have gone offense in the first round in five of the last seven drafts, and missed badly on one of their two defensive top picks (DT Johnathan Sullivan, 2003). This tend has obviously contributed to their problems on defense, where there were only four home-grown starters on defense. This was in keeping with the Saints’ pathetic showing in 2007, and the Saints will almost certainly utilize most of their total draft power on defense in 2008.

Youth/experience: The Saints were one of the older teams in the league last year, with 12 players 30 or older starting games at times. Only 11 members of their last three draft classes played for the team in 2007, and there are a lot of free-agent types in their late 20s on the roster.

Coaching: Sean Payton is 17-15 in two years with New Orleans, not so much better than the departed Jim Haslett’s 45-51 over five years. Payton hasn’t figured out how to get productive yards out of Reggie Bush despite a great QB and solid offensive line. He’ll be on the hot seat this year. Defensive coordinator Gary Gibbs was lucky to keep his job after New Orleans’ disastrous showing last year, but New Orleans was a solid 13th in scoring defense during the playoff run of 2006. The Saints have a new special-teams coach, Greg McMahon, replacing John Bonamego. New Orleans was 29th on our Special Teams Index last year.

Overview: So, which Saints team is for real? The 10-6 team of 2006 that threatened to go to the Super Bowl? Or the 7-9 team of 2007 that couldn’t play defense or run the ball? The Saints were pretty poor across the board in 2K7, failing to break into the top 10 in any of the Quality Stats. But they’ve averaged 25.8 PPG and 23.7 PPG in two years with a young offense that should be hitting its stride in 2008. It all hinges on whether the defense can be fixed – a pretty big if, considering last year’s performance. Their schedule should be favorable – of their opponents, only Green Bay, Dallas and San Diego won more than 9 games in 2007. They won’t be a trendy Super Bowl pick, but as long as Brees-to-Colston is in effect they’ll have a chance to go as far as the defense will let them. And if Reggie Bush ever breaks through with numbers that match his talent, the sky’s the limit.

themouth18888
24.03.2008, 12:57 PM
Readin this article makes me feel a bit better it has kinda calmed my nerves!! Seem slike Deuce will prob be back and maybe 100% as well!!

http://www.sunherald.com/sports/story/447500.html

zorro37
24.03.2008, 07:05 PM

Jeremy Shockey-TE- Giants Mar. 24 - 2:31 pm et

The Saints reportedly offered the Giants their second-round pick (No. 40) and S Roman Harper in exchange for Jeremy Shockey.

The Giants said no and talks have since died down. Harper has potential, but struggled in 2007 coming off a torn ACL. SI.com's Peter King noted in his MMQB article that the Saints might up their offer. However, the Jints may continue to hold out for a late first-rounder or a pick and a player they think could replace Shockey's blocking. Kevin Boss just isn't ready to play full time.
Source: Newark Star-Ledger
Related: Roman Harper, Saints

My God, what are we doing? A 2nd rounder itself is bad, but also our best safety? That would have given us yet another defensive need to add, and only 5 draft picks to do it. And in exchange we get an aging TE with attitude and character issues?
>:(

Saint Spike
24.03.2008, 07:35 PM

Jeremy Shockey-TE- Giants Mar. 24 - 2:31 pm et

The Saints reportedly offered the Giants their second-round pick (No. 40) and S Roman Harper in exchange for Jeremy Shockey.

The Giants said no and talks have since died down. Harper has potential, but struggled in 2007 coming off a torn ACL. SI.com's Peter King noted in his MMQB article that the Saints might up their offer. However, the Jints may continue to hold out for a late first-rounder or a pick and a player they think could replace Shockey's blocking. Kevin Boss just isn't ready to play full time.
Source: Newark Star-Ledger
Related: Roman Harper, Saints

My God, what are we doing? A 2nd rounder itself is bad, but also our best safety? That would have given us yet another defensive need to add, and only 5 draft picks to do it. And in exchange we get an aging TE with attitude and character issues?
>:(

I dont want Shockey at all. I dont rate a player that would rather party than play!

I also agree with you there Zorro, trading our best saftey would be a big step in the wrong direction, he has looked like a very good player when hes been healthy.

I really hope this is the last we hear about the trade to be honest.

Nemwill
25.03.2008, 01:50 PM
Have faith, the saint always make a comeback and surprise everyone our day will come. :)

Csonka#39
25.03.2008, 03:08 PM
Hi there Saints fans,

I have today bought my CW Ticket for the game this October.
I am a Dolphin fan but will be cheering your guys all the way on Oct 26th!
Come on Black and Gold!! ;D

themouth18888
25.03.2008, 03:20 PM
Hi there Saints fans,

Good man!! Who knows you may even love them that much they will become your team ;D I havent got a ticket yet I will try my luck in the lottery and if I dont get one then E-Bay here I come!

5aints0wn4ll
25.03.2008, 05:39 PM
are the tickets on sale then ??? i wanted to go and i registered my intrest and all that stuff :'(

Csonka#39
25.03.2008, 09:56 PM
Hi there Saints fans,

Good man!! Who knows you may even love them that much they will become your team ;D I havent got a ticket yet I will try my luck in the lottery and if I dont get one then E-Bay here I come!

Lol, Never give up the love for my Dolphins however I have had a soft spot for the Saints sincwe the days of B. Herbet (spelling unsure now) and my friend supports them as he has family there so i guess you could place them as my 2nd team ;)

zorro37
25.03.2008, 10:12 PM
Being the home team with a tiny UK fanbase the Saints need as much supporters as possible, especially after taking I think their 10th home game off them out of their last 32.
I too amn't too fussed about club wembley. But I'll get tickets from somewhere.

5aints0wn4ll
04.04.2008, 08:05 AM
NFL.com says we have need at TE DL CB and LB dont agree with TE at all especially not in 1st 2 rounds

SaintNick
04.04.2008, 11:40 AM
Our offense with a serious threat at TE would be unreal.

We have too many defensive needs to waste a first day pick on a TE, but it's a need.

themouth18888
06.04.2008, 10:41 AM
Our offense with a serious threat at TE would be unreal.

We have too many defensive needs to waste a first day pick on a TE, but it's a need.

I agree we need an upgrade there! A Witten or Clark type player there would be unreal but I dont think we would have resigned both Johnson and Miller if we were looking to draft/trade an imediate starting TE imo

zorro37
06.04.2008, 01:27 PM
We actually have massive needs at wide receiver and tight end.
Don't let Drew Brees fool you.
He has a habit of getting bad receivers into the game because he looks at the 4th or 5th receiver first unlike other QBs.

Our TEs of Johnson, Miller and Campbell are just alright. I didn't really like the resigning of Eric Johnson as he had stone hands for the last part of the season and lost us the Houston game through two drops straight into defenders hands. Johnson is a mediocre blocker, Miller a horrible blocker, and Campbell mediocre.

I think a second is too much to give up but it is easy to forget just how much he would improve us at tight end. Brees played his career in San Diego where he had the best TE in the game to look at then came to the Saints where he had Ernie Conwell.
With a great all in one TE our offence would rival the best of them. Shockey is an instant improvement to our running game and a vast one to our passing game.

In terms of WRs we are crap behind Colston really.

Patten is a vet who is with us for two more years tops. Pleasent surprise last year but can he repeat it?

I had really high hopes for Lance Moore during preseason and camp when he was named by Sports Illustrated as the best performer on any team during training camp or something. He never lived up to the hype, nearly all his receptions were dump offs which shows in the 18 yards per game he averaged.

Copper also looked promising but languished on special teams and wasn't even as good there.

Devery Henderson was Devery Henderson. Making the diving 60 yard TD reception casually then dropping one wide open for a first down. Like that we are getting him on the cheap for one more year and hope he is consistant.

Robert Meachem remains a masive question mark. Is a he a total bust who hid a knee injury to get his money then sat on the bench all season? Or will he step up and turn into our clear cut number 2 guy and put up massive numbers?
We will never know until he steps on the field.

I would go as far as to guarentee we spend one of our first 3 picks on a WR or TE, whether by trading for Shockey or drafting one.

5aints0wn4ll
06.04.2008, 02:42 PM
i think defensive picks will be in 1st two or maybe ORT in 2nd round and a reciever/TE in 3rd

themouth18888
07.04.2008, 10:31 PM
NEW ORLEANS SAINTS SIGN CB AARON GLENN
For Immediate Release: April 7, 2008

New Orleans Saints Executive Vice President/General Manager Mickey Loomis announced Monday that the club has signed unrestricted free agent cornerback Aaron Glenn.

Glenn, a 5-9, 183-pound first-round draft choice of the New York Jets in 1994 out of Texas A&M, is a 14-year veteran cornerback who has played for the Jets (1994-2001), Houston Texans (2002-2004), Dallas Cowboys (2005-2006) and most recently with the Jacksonville Jaguars (2007). He has accumulated 633 career tackles, 41 career interceptions for 560 yards and six touchdowns via interception returns. Glenn ranks fifth among active interception leaders in the NFL, trailing only Minnesota’s Darren Sharper (53), former Kansas City Chief Ty Law (52), Jacksonville’s Sammy Knight and Denver’s Champ Bailey (42 each). Glenn is one of 23 players in NFL history to have returned two interceptions for touchdowns in the same game, a feat he accomplished in 2002.

The veteran defensive back is familiar to the Saints’ coaching staff, having played for the Cowboys in 2005 when head coach Sean Payton was the assistant head coach and defensive coordinator Gary Gibbs coached the linebackers. Glenn has played in 201 career regular season games with 175 starts, including five games for Jacksonville in 2007 where he had one interception, which he returned for a touchdown.

themouth18888
08.04.2008, 11:05 AM
Sup guys? I have set up a Bebo page for the Saints! Now its very basic at the mo but will be adding to it, would welcome any feedback on it and maybe any future ideas thanks!!

http://www.bebo.com/WhoDatSaints

zorro37
15.04.2008, 07:48 AM
;D
Brilliant news
http://blog.nola.com/saintsbeat/2008/04/mcallister_still_a_saint.html
Deuce McAllister and the Saints have reached an agreement that ensures he will stick around at least through training camp, according to a spokesperson for the tailback.

McAllister was due a $1 million roster bonus by today, after he and the team agreed to push back his bonus date last month. The team had asked McAllister to restructure his contract, which included a scheduled salary of $3.6 million, plus $1.1 million in bonuses.

Details of the arrangement are unknown, but it's likely that McAllister agreed to convert some of his salary into performance-based incentives. It's unknown if McAllister received all or part of his roster bonus.

Saints General Manager Mickey Loomis declined comment Monday, and McAllister was unavailable while traveling out of the country. But he conveyed through a spokesperson that he is "a New Orleans Saint for sure this season" and he is relieved that things have been resolved.
The Deuce is going to get loose in London

cecilturtle
15.04.2008, 09:59 AM
Sorry Zorro,

Didnt realize you had posted the info already..rr

conchurm
15.04.2008, 01:22 PM
Great to have him back, but it's still not the most reassuring bit of news. The Saints obviously don't have too much confidence in his knees, which is a shame. Fingers crossed for a full season for Deuce!

dorotheajn
15.04.2008, 06:43 PM
Deuce has proven before that he can come back from serious injuries. Lets have faith and wait and see. I do believe that if he comes back that he will have to share touches with PT, Steck and Reggie, which is good, since it will not put so much strain on his knees.

zorro37
15.04.2008, 09:17 PM
Here's our schedule guys.
Few points:
What the feck are we doing in Soldier Field in the Winter again? And a Thursday nighter ::)

Home opener. Woot!!

2 MNF games in the Dome! Double Woot!

Just to remind myself, we're playing in London! Triple Woot!

I looked at the schedule. I looked at it again, and again.
Totally realistically, I see our only loss coming to the Pack. And they are Favreless and Rodgers might flop. And we're in the dome. Look at it yourself, only maybe 4 doubts for me.

I'd say if we play 2006 styley with a great contributor at 10 on D or OL, and Meachem is healthy, along with Deuce and McKenzie, the Broncos, Vikes, @ Bucs and Packers games are loseable.
1 Sept. 7 Tampa Bay Buccaneers 1 p.m.
2 Sept. 14 at Washington Redskins 1 p.m.
3 Sept. 21 at Denver Broncos 4:05 p.m.
4 Sept. 28 San Francisco 49ers 1 p.m.
5 Oct. 6 (Mon.) Minnesota Vikings 8:30 p.m.
6 Oct. 12 Oakland Raiders 1 p.m.
7 Oct. 19 at Carolina Panthers 1 p.m.
8 Oct. 26 San Diego Chargers (in London) 1 p.m.
9 Nov. 2 Bye
10 Nov. 9 at Atlanta Falcons 1 p.m.
11 Nov. 16 at Kansas City Chiefs 1 p.m.
12 Nov. 24 (Mon.) Green Bay Packers 8:30 p.m.
13 Nov. 30 at Tampa Bay Buccaneers 1 p.m.
14 Dec. 7 Atlanta Falcons 1 p.m.
15 Dec. 11 (Thurs.) at Chicago Bears 8:15 p.m.
16 Dec. 21 at Detroit Lions 1 p.m.
17 Dec. 28 Carolina Panthers 1 p.m.

WHO DAT 15-1!!!
I honestly say we have the most favourable, not easiest but favourable, schedule in the NFC if not the league.

themouth18888
15.04.2008, 09:26 PM
The usual @ Chicago xmas time! We dont like that one Ha!! Very winable season ahead for us!!

Also best news of the off season with Deuce coming back WOOOOOOOOOOO HOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!

DarrenSQh
16.04.2008, 01:24 PM
Good schedule of fixtures we got. Expect a good season with those run of games. 16-0. :o lol

JeromeNeil
16.04.2008, 01:32 PM
Good schedule of fixtures we got. Expect a good season with those run of games. 16-0. :o lol

15-1.

Chicago owns New Orleans as of late. :P

evilmoo
16.04.2008, 02:42 PM
Here's our schedule guys.
Few points:
What the feck are we doing in Soldier Field in the Winter again? And a Thursday nighter ::)

Home opener. Woot!!

2 MNF games in the Dome! Double Woot!

Just to remind myself, we're playing in London! Triple Woot!

I looked at the schedule. I looked at it again, and again.
Totally realistically, I see our only loss coming to the Pack. And they are Favreless and Rodgers might flop. And we're in the dome. Look at it yourself, only maybe 4 doubts for me.

I'd say if we play 2006 styley with a great contributor at 10 on D or OL, and Meachem is healthy, along with Deuce and McKenzie, the Broncos, Vikes, @ Bucs and Packers games are loseable.
1 Sept. 7 Tampa Bay Buccaneers 1 p.m.
2 Sept. 14 at Washington Redskins 1 p.m.
3 Sept. 21 at Denver Broncos 4:05 p.m.
4 Sept. 28 San Francisco 49ers 1 p.m.
5 Oct. 6 (Mon.) Minnesota Vikings 8:30 p.m.
6 Oct. 12 Oakland Raiders 1 p.m.
7 Oct. 19 at Carolina Panthers 1 p.m.
8 Oct. 26 San Diego Chargers (in London) 1 p.m.
9 Nov. 2 Bye
10 Nov. 9 at Atlanta Falcons 1 p.m.
11 Nov. 16 at Kansas City Chiefs 1 p.m.
12 Nov. 24 (Mon.) Green Bay Packers 8:30 p.m.
13 Nov. 30 at Tampa Bay Buccaneers 1 p.m.
14 Dec. 7 Atlanta Falcons 1 p.m.
15 Dec. 11 (Thurs.) at Chicago Bears 8:15 p.m.
16 Dec. 21 at Detroit Lions 1 p.m.
17 Dec. 28 Carolina Panthers 1 p.m.

WHO DAT 15-1!!!
I honestly say we have the most favourable, not easiest but favourable, schedule in the NFC if not the league.

They better not lose to the Pack, thats the only game i plan on shelling out money to go and see, and if it's their only loss i will be miffed :P

5aints0wn4ll
16.04.2008, 03:10 PM
@washington will be tough as will GB and @chicago is just thrown in there so we don't tie/break the Pats record so soon cos we are so unlucky against the bears (I hate devin hester) @ Tampa Bay won't be easy but we'll win it

conchurm
17.04.2008, 12:54 PM
http://www.nfl.com/draft/story?id=09000d5d807cdfd4&template=with-video&confirm=true

See the Saints are enquiring about moving up to No. 2?! I don't know if they need to move up that far, but I'm glad to see they're seriously considering trading up to get one of the DTs

dorotheajn
19.04.2008, 09:57 PM
Both Dorsey or Ellis would make an immediate impact on the D

evilmoo
19.04.2008, 11:12 PM

Me and Bree's to Colston were discussing this on the NFL draft part of the board.
I love Dorsey but really hope we don't draft him due to injury woes

themouth18888
19.04.2008, 11:19 PM

Me and Bree's to Colston were discussing this on the NFL draft part of the board.
I love Dorsey but really hope we don't draft him due to injury woes

Exactly plus it's looking like it would cost way to much to make that sort of move!! Not value imo. I was kinda happy with Rivers or DRC!

5aints0wn4ll
20.04.2008, 08:11 AM
I wouldn't mind trading up to say 7-8 to take Ellis if he's still there won't cost as much and if Matt Ryan is on the board at 8 and so is Ellis we can make the trade with the ravens as they will no full well that Ryan would fall to ten because neither us or cinci would take him giving an almost perfect scenario for both us and the ravens :D

conchurm
21.04.2008, 12:42 PM
I wouldn't mind trading up to say 7-8 to take Ellis if he's still there won't cost as much and if Matt Ryan is on the board at 8 and so is Ellis we can make the trade with the ravens as they will no full well that Ryan would fall to ten because neither us or cinci would take him giving an almost perfect scenario for both us and the ravens :D

I completely agree with this move. Trading up to No. 2 is too much, but moving just ahead of the Bengals to grab Ellis would be worth it. If he's gone, I hope they take DRC.

themouth18888
21.04.2008, 01:22 PM
We MUST trade up to get Ellis imo!! if that is not possible we forget about CB that really isnt our problem it's pass rush and the fact the Saints really dont have much of that. Too often meiocre QB's tore our secondary a new A'hole due to the fact they had time to drop back have a spot of lunch, read a book etc.. then pick out who ever he wanted to throw to due to the non existant pass rush of the Saints.

5aints0wn4ll
21.04.2008, 03:23 PM
I don't know i quite like will smith and Charles Grant when they are fit its DT that we don't have pressure on QB

zorro37
21.04.2008, 03:35 PM
Yep and we must remember that Dorsey/Ellis aren't just helping our pass rush.

You've probably forgotten about two guys called Will Smith and Charles Grant. That's because they were so quiet this past year.

Imagine what they'd be like if the defense has to double team our monster DT then keep an eye on Vilma coming behind him before they can worry about Smith and Grant.

If we get Dorsey/Ellis I guarentee massive numbers for them, which in Smith's case will justify a massive new contract.

But we are beginning to speak like trading up is a gimme. Haslett is no slouch as StL DC. He knows what a great DT does for a defense. Exact same goes for the new Falcons HC who was DC in Jacksonville. He knows exactly what a monster DT does for his defence as a whole. Highly possible neither Dorsey or Ellis makes it out of the top three, never mind seven or eight.

The 2 pick is not going to come easy but a 1st and 2nd is worth it for what a dominant force at DT does. He helps the other DT and the two DEs because he takes the double teams. This means that the whole offensive line is occupied allowing the LBs, CBs, and S to blitz and get easy sacks. This also helps our run defense massively even though we were great at that last year most of the time.

My ideal scenario:
Trade to Pats at 7 by swapping first and seconds. The Pats have a late second rounder (second last) and would move up a lot there by moving down only 3 spots in the first. This would allow the Pats to get a top CB at 10 then the best LB or RB in the second.

For the Saints this means we lose no picks. Then we get Ellis, trade the second for Shockey, and draft Tarvares Gooden or the BCBA in the third.

To move from 10 to 7 needs 200 points on the chart and swapping seconds would give us 226.

(Loomis you can thank me after the draft 8) )

evilmoo
21.04.2008, 03:40 PM
^ Ideal scenario

5aints0wn4ll
21.04.2008, 03:40 PM
You've probably forgotten about two guys called Will Smith and Charles Grant. That's because they were so quiet this past year.

No i just said i quite like Smith and Grant lol but i like your idea it would be the best case scenario i belive to allow us to fill two great needs

5aints0wn4ll
21.04.2008, 03:42 PM
Oh yeah just out of intrest what did the saints trade for Vilma i never found out

zorro37
21.04.2008, 03:46 PM
Oh yeah just out of intrest what did the saints trade for Vilma i never found out

Our fourth this year and a conditional 2009. If Vilma doesn't meet the expectations we set they get our 3rd, if he does they get our 2nd and we get their fourth.

5aints0wn4ll
21.04.2008, 03:52 PM
I don't care i still want him to surpass all expectations

zorro37
26.04.2008, 09:52 AM
The Saints have offered their second rounder for Lito Sheppard as well as Shockey.
Thats what Philly are saying and also that our offer is the best on the table as of now.

zorro37
26.04.2008, 09:59 AM
Here is the Lito link.
http://www.philly.com/philly/sports/20080426_For_Eagles__this_is_day_Sheppard_is_likel y_gone.html

My dream mock has changed. Although I am deadset against trading Brown, this would be brilliant.

Saints trade Jammal Brown and 5th rounder to Chiefs for pick 5.
At 5 we pick Ellis
We trade back from 10 to 19 with the Eagles for Lito Sheppard.
At 19 we pick Chris Williams
We trade our 2nd for Shockey.

Out of the first 2 rounds we have our franchise DT, starting CB, starting LT, and a top 5 TE.

themouth18888
26.04.2008, 10:03 AM
Here is the Lito link.
http://www.philly.com/philly/sports/20080426_For_Eagles__this_is_day_Sheppard_is_likel y_gone.html

My dream mock has changed. Although I am deadset against trading Brown, this would be brilliant.

At 5 we pick Ellis

Out of the first 2 rounds we have our franchise DT, starting CB, starting LT, and a top 5 TE.

You do realise that sadly none of this will end up happenin :'( And we will just draft Rivers at #10 & Shockey wil stay with the Giants! How much of a let down would that be eh?

zorro37
26.04.2008, 10:13 AM
Here is the Lito link.

At 5 we pick Ellis

You do realise that sadly none of this will end up happenin :'( And we will just draft Rivers at #10 & Shockey wil stay with the Giants! How much of a let down would that be eh?

Well that draft would still upgrade our team a lot which is what the draft is for. We need Rivers or another LB to start.

You have to love draft day though it's highly plausible we come out of the first day with Dorsey, Shockey and Sheppard, but it's also possible we trade all our picks for one player a la Ricky Williams.

I can't wait till eight.

DarrenSQh
26.04.2008, 08:16 PM
Traded 1st with Patriots for Ellis.

Pats got our 1st and 3rd round picks for it.

evilmoo
26.04.2008, 10:45 PM
Traded 1st with Patriots for Ellis.

Pats got our 1st and 3rd round picks for it.

Great trade on both ends.
Really happy we got Ellis and didn't give up all that much to move up

zorro37
26.04.2008, 11:02 PM
Holt crap!
Word is we have Brown to Philly for Lito. Crap deal maybe our best player for an above average CB.

Saints radio link
http://wmc2.liquidcompass.cc/WWL

I think we pass on Shockey for Dan Connor or DeSean Jackson

zorro37
26.04.2008, 11:11 PM
We're on the clock!

Dan Connor, Fred Davis and Desean Jackson.
Give me Jackson!

zorro37
26.04.2008, 11:21 PM
We don't get Shockey! :o
Or any of the BPAs. Especially Dan Connor.

Local boy CB/PR Tracy Porter from Indiana.

Dawkins#20
26.04.2008, 11:24 PM
Holt crap!
Word is we have Brown to Philly for Lito. Crap deal maybe our best player for an above average CB.

Saints radio link
http://wmc2.liquidcompass.cc/WWL

I think we pass on Shockey for Dan Connor or DeSean Jackson

above average cb :o :o are u mad. u know what an all pro is right??? lito sheppard is an all pro cb whos been to the pro bowl twice and is still damn young. hes had a problem with niggling injuries but slightly above average he isn't. hes a top 10 cb on skill

themouth18888
26.04.2008, 11:39 PM
I like Porter maybe not the big name everyone wanted but he has potential and will make an imediate impact with his return game.

themouth18888
26.04.2008, 11:49 PM
NewOrleansSaints.com

TRACY O’NEAL PORTER

Cornerback/Punt Returner

Indiana University Hoosiers
5:10.5-186
Port Allen, Louisiana
Port Allen High School

OVERVIEW

One of the nation’s top pass thieves, Porter became the first player in school history to return a punt, an interception and a fumble for a touchdown in his career. As a senior, Porter became the first Hoosier since Mark Sutor in 1982 to record six or more interceptions in a season. He would close out his career with sixteen interceptions, three short of the school all-time record of nineteen by Tim Wilbur (1978-82). Ever the opportunist, he amassed 413 yards on those interception returns, breaking the previous Indiana career-record of 360 yards by Wilbur. He also became just the third player in Big Ten Conference history to gain over 400 yards on interception returns, joining Jamar Fletcher of Wisconsin (459, 1998-2000) and Tom Curtis of Michigan (431, 1967-69).

It took a few years for Porter to “warm up” to playing football. At Port Allen High School, he was more noted for his basketball ability rather than for his performance on the grid-iron. He played only two seasons of football during his prep days, but earned first-team All-District 3A honors as a senior and second-team laurels as a junior.

Porter competed as a quarterback, running back and wide receiver on offense and made 93 tackles, eleven interceptions (two returned for touchdowns) and 14 pass break-ups as a cornerback during his senior year. He also returned two punts and two kickoffs each for touchdowns, averaging 47.0 yards per kick return and 28.0 per punt return. He also started at point guard for the basketball team and clocked a personal best 10.4 in the 100 meters for the track team.

evilmoo
27.04.2008, 01:06 AM
Haha, i didn't realise he was from Port Allen.
Only place in the Baton Rouge area where you can buy alcohol after 2am :D

themouth18888
27.04.2008, 09:47 AM
http://saintsreport.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=11615&d=1209286672

Tracy Porter interview on WWL!

zorro37
27.04.2008, 11:26 AM
Im really beginning to love the Tracy Porter pick.
Local guy who was a Saints fan as a kid.

Ran a 4.29 at his pro day!!! Jesus that is fast.

Excels in man to man, which we run. Jason David was a great zone corner but in man was diddly poo so thats a great asset.

Returns punts and kicks, a huge area of need for us.

5-11 tall (ie. Not 5-8 or 9 like David)

As close to a shutdown corner as there is in the draft.

We passed on some great players but filled a need. That's a surprise to me.

Our major needs this year were CB LB and DT. and we filled them all

5aints0wn4ll
27.04.2008, 02:46 PM
Like both decisions ;D

Dale01
27.04.2008, 04:29 PM
question for the saints loyal
who is your favourite saints player?
id have to say mike mckenzie

SaintNick
27.04.2008, 05:01 PM
Deuce. No contest.

diceman18
27.04.2008, 05:23 PM
Marques Colston....alot of contest :D (tbh it could be anyone out of Brees Reggie, Dulymus or Colston)

Especially love Colston's and Deuce's humble and pretty stoic attitude...

5aints0wn4ll
27.04.2008, 06:18 PM
Colston but ask me in a year and i'll probably say either Vilma or Ellis as i like defense better

5aints0wn4ll
27.04.2008, 06:58 PM
Can anyone get a picture of Ellis holding the #1 jersey and post it here please

zorro37
27.04.2008, 07:21 PM
Ellis wasn't at the draft so no pics.

We just picked Carl Nicks in the 5th! He is a second rounder rated OT. Plays left and right. My fav OL in the draft who had an amazing year at Nebraska. I love this pick!

diceman18
27.04.2008, 07:35 PM
Ive seen him rated higher than duane brown, Texans' first round OT in some places !

zorro37
27.04.2008, 08:01 PM
Our draft is done. We traded our seventh to jump the Bungals in the fifth and get Pressley.

Round 1: #7 Overall - Sedrick Ellis, DT, Southern California

Overview
The Trojans' three-year starter at nose guard, Ellis was regarded as one of the top interior linemen in the country entering his senior season, and only continued to build his reputation in 2007. The winner of the Pat Tillman Pac-10 Conference Defensive Player of the Year Award, Ellis was also the recipient of the Morris Trophy, given to the league's premier lineman.

Many had expected Ellis to be playing in the National Football League rather than for the Trojans in 2007. He seriously contemplated applying after his junior season, but because he missed a portion of 2006 while recovering from early season arthroscopic knee surgery, he decided to return for his final campaign. "I think I can mature more as a football player and a person," Ellis said last summer. "It's only one more year. How bad can one more year be?"

Compares To
LA'ROI GLOVER-St. Louis...Ellis is a little bit bigger and heavier than Glover, but not by much. Ellis probably could not carry the bulk to play a classic two-gap, but as an under-tackle he could be a clone of what Glover has done. Both rely on their quickness and ability to neutralize double teams. Both take good angles in pursuit and are move oriented types who get better penetration on the slant rather than with a blocker right over their heads. Ellis is quick to locate the ball in a crowd and uses his hands and quickness to leverage and redirect. Shooting the gaps is a specialty for him, but he is also equally effective as a wrap-up tackler. With his lateral agility and quickness, he will make a nice living creating a new line of scrimmage vs. the running game at the next level.

READ MUCH MORE ABOUT SEDRICK ELLIS
http://www.nfl.com/draft/profiles/sedrick-ellis?id=228

Round 2: #40 Overall - Tracy Porter, CB, Indiana

Overview
One of the nation's top playmaking defensive backs, Tracy Porter became the first player in school history to return a punt, interception and fumble for touchdowns in his career.

The team captain has always been known for his ball-hawking skills, but after years of reluctance to perform vs. the run, Porter showed good determination in stopping the run his final season.

As a senior, Porter became the first Hoosier since Mark Sutor in 1982 to record six or more interceptions in a season. He would close out his career with 16 interceptions, three short of the school record of 19 by Tim Wilbur (1978-82). Ever the opportunist, he amassed 413 yards on those interception returns, breaking the previous Indiana record of 360 yards by Wilbur. He also became just the third player in Big Ten Conference history to gain over 400 yards on interception returns, joining Jamar Fletcher of Wisconsin (459, 1998-2000) and Tom Curtis of Michigan (431, 1967-69).

Compares To
RICARDO COLCLOUGH-Cleveland...Like Colclough, Porter's timed speed and natural hands are his best assets. Both have been productive returners and Porter shows good ability as a gunner on special teams. Neither is known for tackling ability, or a desire to make plays vs. the run. Porter is rail-thin, but additional weight would take away his best quality -- speed. He lacks consistency recognizing the play as it develops and will never be more than marginal in run support. Yes, he has great hands and a good eye to make the big play, but he's more of a sub package type of defensive back than one who can play all four downs.

READ MUCH MORE ABOUT TRACY PORTER
http://www.nfl.com/draft/profiles/tracy-porter?id=1300

Round 5: #144 Overall - DeMario Pressley, DT, North Carolina State

Overview
Pressley hoped the 2007 season would be a banner final campaign, but it turned into a weekly visit to the team's training room. Ever since dislocating his left wrist late in the 2006 season, Pressley has been a regular under the doctor's care, as he suffered a left big toe fracture in spring camp and had a gruesome left elbow injury that resulted in three ligament tears in August camp.

He played with his elbow heavily taped in the 2007 season opener, but then tore cartilage in his knee in an early September non-contact drill, undergoing arthroscopic surgery that sidelined him for several games. Upon his return, he ending up twisting his ankle in the Louisville clash, as his litany of injuries was uncommon for a player that was never hurt throughout his entire football career until his recent misfortunes.

Compares To
DARNELL DOCKETT-Arizona...Like Dockett, Pressley looks like an undersized 4-3 defensive tackle who might be a better fit as an end in a 3-4 alignment. He is slow to make his reads and lacks the lower body strength to stack and control at the line of scrimmage. When he gets too tall in his stance, he struggles vs. double teams. He is best when playing inside the box and letting the action come to him. His senior year was a forgettable one, wrought with a highly unusual rash of injuries and this will see his stock drop. He did not redeem himself in postseason all-star games or at the Combine, further pushing down his stock, but while inconsistent, there are flashes that could see him develop into a second-day find.

READ MUCH MORE ABOUT DEMARIO PRESSLEY

http://www.nfl.com/draft/profiles/de...essley?id=1988

Round 5: #164 Overall - Carl Nicks, OT, Nebraska

Overview
Simply put, there isn't an offensive lineman in the country whose stock flourished over the 2007 college football season more than Nicks'.

Nicks signed with New Mexico State out of high school, but transferred to Hartnell Junior College due to academic struggles. At Hartnell, Nicks emerged as one of the elite JUCO prospects in the country and signed with Nebraska over the likes of Louisville, California, Wisconsin and Washington.

Upon signing with Nebraska, Nicks became a regular contributor immediately, serving as the primary backup at right tackle most of the 2006 season and filling in as the starter against Colorado and Oklahoma when starter Matt Slauson went down with an injury. Nicks made the move to left tackle as a senior and started 11 of 12 games there in 2007, earning Second Team Big 12 honors in his first starting season. Of course, there is a gamble when basing a draft selection on one year's work, but Nicks' play in 2007 was impressive.

Blessed with surprising quickness off the snap for such a large man, Nicks was effective as both a pass and run blocker for the Huskers. Rather than rely on his size and strength, Nicks' balance and overall athleticism were key in his ability to protect the quarterback's blindside in this offense. He may lack the elite footwork to remain on the left side at the NFL, but his girth and strength make him a natural candidate for the right side.

READ MUCH MORE ABOUT CARL NICKS
http://www.nfl.com/combine/profiles/carl-nicks?id=1264

Round 6: #178 Overall - Taylor Mehlhaff, K, Wisconsin

Overview
Taylor Mehlhaff teamed with punter Ken DeBauche to form what many experts felt was the best kicking tandem in college football in recent years.

DeBauche left the school ranked second in punting average and total punting yards. Mehlhaff finished his career as Wisconsin's second-leading scorer in school history (295 points) and tied for second all-time in field goals (50). He also holds the Badgers' all-time record by making 145-of-148 extra point attempts.

The 2007 Lou Groza Award semifinalist, given to the nation's premier place-kicker, Mehlhaff also garnered All-American first-team honors as a senior. A three-year starter who handled all field goals and extra-point attempts, Mehlhaff was a major reason the opposition consistently had poor field position. In handling kickoff chores, 123 of his attempts were touchbacks and 160 of those kicks were returned for a 19.75-yard average, none for touchdowns.

Compares To
JOHN KASAY-Carolina Panthers...Both left-footed kickers are an automatic three-points inside the 40-yard line. Mehlhaff will need to quicken his approach a bit at the next level, but with the height and trajectory he is able to generate, the opposition will have a hard time trying to block his kicks. He greatly improved his kickoff mechanics as a senior and could make a very nice living just handling those duties. But, he's an outstanding poor-weather kicker in the Ryan Longwell mold. There are few left-footed kickers in the league, making getting into camp early to work with the holder and snapper necessary to establish chemistry. His leg strength makes Mehlhaff worth strong consideration on draft day.

READ MUCH MORE ABOUT TAYLOR MEHLHAFF
http://www.nfl.com/combine/profiles/...hlhaff?id=1373

zorro37
27.04.2008, 08:17 PM
Per Walterfootball
2008 NFL Draft Picks:

7. Sedrick Ellis, DT, USC
Nice job by the Saints trading up ahead of the Bengals. Given Cincinnati's draft history and ineptitude, I doubt they would have drafted Sedrick Ellis, but you never know. New Orleans fans have to love the monstrous beast the team added to its defensive line. (Pick Grade: A)

40. Tracy Porter, CB, Indiana
Tracy Porter was listed as a first-round prospect in some mocks, so the Saints got tremendous value at 40 at a position of need. More importantly, Porter actually fits the team's system. (Pick Grade: A)

144. DeMario Pressley, DT, N.C. State
The Saints needed all the defensive line help they could get going into the draft. They acquired two talented tackles. DeMario Pressley, projected to go in the third round, is a bargain in the fifth. (Pick Grade: A)

164. Carl Nicks, OT, Nebraska
The Saints have established that they're one of the few teams in the NFL that actually know what they're doing. This is the biggest steal in the draft. Matt McGuire had Carl Nicks in the first. I had Nicks very early in the second. New Orleans just drafted a winner in the fifth round. (Pick Grade: A)

178. Taylor Mehlhalff, K, Wisconsin
Good to see the Saints don't plan on counting on Martin Gramatica. (Pick Grade: A)

Straight As!!!

DarrenSQh
27.04.2008, 08:21 PM
Happy with our picks. How long to go until the new season?? lol

themouth18888
27.04.2008, 08:43 PM
Very, Very happy here guys!! Steal of the draft as well get in!!

conchurm
28.04.2008, 01:28 PM
Sorry if this is a stupid question, but where did pick for Adrian Arrington in the 7th come from? I didn't think we had a pick then; NFL.com says we got it from the Packers. Was there a trade or something I missed?

zorro37
28.04.2008, 04:44 PM
Sorry if this is a stupid question, but where did pick for Adrian Arrington in the 7th come from? I didn't think we had a pick then; NFL.com says we got it from the Packers. Was there a trade or something I missed?

We traded away our 7th to get Pressley.
Then we used our 6th next year to trade back up for Arrington.

I liked the pick. Watch his highlights and you think Colston. But two great WLBs in Highsmith and henderson were there and we passed. :-\

themouth18888
28.04.2008, 07:49 PM
http://www03.neworleanssaints.com/%2f%7e%2fmedia%2f6F21466DADBA402FB353AC33BBDE3FCB. ashx?w=480&mw=480&h=270&mh=270&bc=000000

diceman18
28.04.2008, 07:56 PM
http://youtube.com/watch?v=rYRcmYDwFo4

Highlights of our 7th round WR Adrian Arrington playing against florida...

note, 0:25 and 2:35 :o (if you havent seen them already !)

5aints0wn4ll
28.04.2008, 08:03 PM
does anyone else think nex t Marques Colston when they watch that video

evilmoo
28.04.2008, 08:06 PM
does anyone else think nex t Marques Colston when they watch that video

Arrington has everything it takes to be a good WR at the pro level.
Hes a great receiver, especially in clutch situations and is easily as good as Manningham. I really think we could be on to a winner with him.

5aints0wn4ll
28.04.2008, 08:10 PM
that 1 handed grab was crazy :o

themouth18888
28.04.2008, 08:21 PM

Ok so what's the catch here? Why did he slip to the 7th round im confused!

zorro37
28.04.2008, 08:39 PM

Ok so what's the catch here? Why did he slip to the 7th round im confused!

Well at Michigan he was #2 behind Mannigham. Henne was the QB and Long was the blocker so there are questions about whether it was him or his supporting cast.

He has 4.55 speed which is blazing fast to us but to NFL scouts thats slow for a WR.

Another thing is that despite being 6-3 he needs to fill out more.

He was also never the #1 wr at Michigan and is a junior coming out. He could have gone back as a senior and been the featured WR but Rodriguez's spread offense made him think his stats would go down and he didn't like Rich Rod.

The biggest reason is that he was arrested during the season before last.

But what counts is the raw talent, which he has buckets of. Brees loves tall WRs too. But don't get carried away by highlight videos. A player might make 8 good plays all season but if you set it to music and play it from different angles he looks a beast. I did it with Antonio Pittman and Rhema McKnight last year and they both got cut.

I can't praise the Carl Nicks pick enough. Amazing steal and should have been a late 1st early 2nd rounder. A player I really liked and would have been chuffed with in the 2nd.

Guarentee he earns the start over Stinchcomb at RT.

5aints0wn4ll
29.04.2008, 06:30 PM
I don't rate stinchcomb much anyway but yeah im glad we sured up our O Line, our Recieving group wich (excluding Colston and still waiting to see Meacham for the 1st time) is poor, our D Line (twice) and our secondary which was one of the worst in the league

also glad we took a K as im not sure about Gramatica

All in all a very good - great draft

5aints0wn4ll
30.04.2008, 04:24 PM
http://www.nfl.com/draft/tracker#tab:dt-by-team|team-no

NFL fan grades give our draft a B

themouth18888
30.04.2008, 09:03 PM
Hi guys I have just ordered a few Jersey's, T-shirts etc..(Getting my Authentic Drewe Brees Pro Bowl jersey!) from the Shop on neworleanssaints.com! Has anyone ever ordered from here before? If so would U use it again & did you get hit with any import tax?? Cheers

Dale01
02.05.2008, 02:07 PM
happy with the picks :)

themouth18888
06.05.2008, 10:55 PM
The Stuff I ordered from the Black and Gold shop arrived today in good condition (No extra tax to pay either woo hoo) Especially happy with my Authentic Drew Brees Pro Bowl jersey! One thing for anyone to know, the jersey's were fine but I got a few T-shirts etc.. and XL in the USA means HUGE!! I couldnt believe it!

5aints0wn4ll
20.05.2008, 07:02 PM
shame that Morgan retired who do you think will start at LB with Vilma

diceman18
20.05.2008, 07:14 PM
Fujita and Shanle would be my pick - anyone else with a chance ??

conchurm
22.05.2008, 10:03 PM
So....did people get their e-mail for the Wembley game? Hope to see you all there!

themouth18888
23.05.2008, 05:11 AM
Woo Hoo I got my e-mail!!! ;D

DarrenSQh
23.05.2008, 07:46 AM
Got my email and hopefully get tickets. Another Reggie jersey will be in the crowd now.

5aints0wn4ll
27.05.2008, 10:58 AM
Got my email and hopefully get tickets. Another Reggie jersey will be in the crowd now.

Yeah i got my email never been to a game before so i hope i can get tickets

JeromeNeil
27.05.2008, 11:11 AM
Also got an email, will be sitting on the Saints side, and will probably pick up a Brees shirt. (he's my favourite QB in the NFL at the moment)

JammyHure
28.05.2008, 03:17 AM
Got my email! cant believe how lucky we are!!

5aints0wn4ll
28.05.2008, 12:33 PM
lol we must have got extra chances in the loterry for being fans of a team that is playing

5aints0wn4ll
28.05.2008, 04:50 PM
hope evrybody will be waking up nice and early to get there tickets ;D

DarrenSQh
28.05.2008, 07:20 PM
Just hoping i can get tickets now as im at work 2moro. Going to try get my family to get the tickets if they can.

JammyHure
29.05.2008, 09:34 AM
Got my tickets! Nearlyhad a heartache however! I got in straight away and got my tickets but then it said my CC address was wrong and i tired to change everything yet still didn't work,,,then time expired and i had to requeue again for 15 mins! Was sure they were gonna be sold out but thankfully no!
Noticed the problem second time round though! I clicked GB instead of Northern Ireland in the delivery section!
DOH!!!
Ah well alls well that ends well!

Hurricane Warrior
29.05.2008, 09:50 AM
I'm routing for you guys at wembley, sorry just had to say that

conchurm
29.05.2008, 10:03 AM
Brilliant! Got my tickets, Block 503, Row 3, seats 83-86, so I'm on the Saints side too!

DarrenSQh
29.05.2008, 10:20 AM
Got my tickets ;D ;D. Im in 516. Over the chargers side in the corner at the east.

Has anyone been to wembley and know what the view is like from there?

5aints0wn4ll
29.05.2008, 11:10 AM
Got my tickets ;D ;D. Im in 516. Over the chargers side in the corner at the east.

The view is brilliant anywhere i went with the rovers to watch them beat leeds its the biggest stadium iv ever seen and now i get to go for the 2nd time ;D

DarrenSQh
29.05.2008, 11:18 AM

The view is brilliant anywhere i went with the rovers to watch them beat leeds its the biggest stadium iv ever seen and now i get to go for the 2nd time ;D

Thats good. Im just delighted i get to see the saints and get to visit wembley.

MarkC07
29.05.2008, 12:28 PM
Got my tickets Block 106 row 33. You'll see me in the white Reggie Bush jersey. :D

diceman18
29.05.2008, 02:10 PM
I got mine in block 551 row 24 - cant wait man... :D

combes
29.05.2008, 02:58 PM
i got mine block 505, had to tell work id got a dentist appointment to get the day off, ;D

SaintNick
29.05.2008, 03:15 PM
I wish the neutrals would all be a Saint for the day.

Would be awesome to hear a massive DEEEUUUUUUCE when the touches the ball.

themouth18888
30.05.2008, 08:33 AM
BK 136, row 7, seat 84!!! So happy ;D

McWomble
30.05.2008, 11:04 AM
BK 136, row 7, seat 84!!! So happy ;D

Damn you Brees2. I didn't get a code this time round. Still holding out hope.
Hang on have you rigged it cos I was right about Dan Morgan being a sick note ;)

Kildare Krackers
30.05.2008, 01:05 PM
Block 551, see all you fellow saints there.

stamford8899
30.05.2008, 05:34 PM
Any comments on how you lot think Payton's gunna handle the running back situtation if Deuce, Reggie and Stecks are all fit plus Pierre Thomas who i thought had a gd game against the bears in a losing effort. Could be a lot of competition for carrying time this year which can only be gd. ;D

themouth18888
31.05.2008, 08:12 AM
A nice little read about mini camp here I think:

http://www.neworleanssaints.com/Articles/2008/5/Mini%20Camp%20Observations.aspx

zorro37
31.05.2008, 08:37 AM
I am so happy I got my seats too! Block 528.

Vilma's 08 photoshoot is in. How hard does he look here :o
http://img153.imageshack.us/img153/4817/vilmaofficialrf7.png
http://img49.imageshack.us/img49/7515/vilmaofficial2hb6.png
http://img89.imageshack.us/img89/9623/vilmaofficial3ua1.png

Can't wait until he is demolishing opposing RBs. He said himself he is near full fitness already and participated in some full speed drills at last week's minicamps.

The Firm
31.05.2008, 02:08 PM
I would'nt want to get on the wrong side of him,that's for sure :P

evilmoo
31.05.2008, 02:17 PM
That box is probably full of dead running backs

JeromeNeil
31.05.2008, 02:31 PM
I wonder where one could obtain such a chest. :)

5aints0wn4ll
01.06.2008, 06:36 PM
hehe what a move a 4th rounder for a beast of a LB who has been to the pro bowl

Jay89
01.06.2008, 06:37 PM
U think win can win the superbowl?

5aints0wn4ll
01.06.2008, 07:06 PM

lol i would hope so a play off run is possible but i'm not sure about superbowl

diceman18
01.06.2008, 07:16 PM
hehe what a move a 4th rounder for a beast of a LB who has been to the pro bowl

pretty sure it was a 4th this last draft AND a 3rd OR 2nd in next years draft as well.

Still, he's a BEEEAAAASSSTT so its all cool.

dorotheajn
01.06.2008, 08:06 PM
Lots of nice fan pictures from the mini-camp here

http://www.saintsreport.com/forums/showthread.php?t=71726

http://www.saintsreport.com/forums/showthread.php?t=71728

Sounds like Patten, Gay and Arrington are having a good Camp.

Will Smith was in camp on time and Deuce were participating in part of the drills. Even Meachem was reported to have had a few very good catches. Sounds like a lot of good news !

Can't wait to see them all in London in October
;D

Csonka#39
01.06.2008, 08:09 PM

Will Smith was in camp on time and Deuce were participating in part of the drills. Even Meachem was reported to have had a few very good catches. Sounds like a lot of good news !

;D

As you can see I am a Dolphins fan, however I am at Wembely this year(went last year too) taking a friend who has family in NO so we will be rooting for your boys on Oct 26. .

Hope you guys win with a big score line and plenty of TDs :)

conchurm
01.06.2008, 09:07 PM

I've already put my money on them, so they better! ;)

themouth18888
02.06.2008, 08:16 AM

I've already put my money on them, so they better! ;)

Same here i have a decent wager on them @ 25/1!!

5aints0wn4ll
03.06.2008, 02:20 PM

;D

As you can see I am a Dolphins fan, however I am at Wembely this year(went last year too) taking a friend who has family in NO so we will be rooting for your boys on Oct 26. .

Hope you guys win with a big score line and plenty of TDs :)

Don't we all ;D

dorotheajn
04.06.2008, 05:55 PM
Rick Mueller has been fired according to several sources (PFT,ESPN)

No official statement yet

http://www.sportsline.com/nfl/story/10853544

Kildare Krackers
04.06.2008, 06:12 PM
This surprises me, especially the timing of it, doesn't give the guy a chance to find a job for next season..

SAINTS_
06.06.2008, 04:30 PM
yea it is strange...
guys whats the latest on Charles Grant???

zorro37
11.06.2008, 07:26 PM
Amazing news guys, our DL is going to have a 45 sack year for sure.
Will Smith 12 sacks pro bowl, all pro.

Will Smith agrees to contract extension
Posted by Jimmy Smith, The Times-Picayune June 11, 2008 1:08PM
Categories: Breaking News

Saints defensive end Will Smith has agreed to a new six-year contract extension that could be worth up to $70 million, a league source said Wednesday afternoon.

The deal includes $26 million in guaranteed money.

The deal will make Smith the third highest-paid defensive end in the NFL, behind Kansas City's Jared Allen and Indianapolis' Dwight Freeney.
http://blog.nola.com/saintsbeat/2008/06/will_smith_signs_contract_exte.html

;D
Bravo front office, we had the cap room to get it done and it's been too long. Also Smith shares an agent with Colston, who missed voluntary OTAs the other day probably because he wants a new deal. Colston is (get this) the 3rd worst paid player who got a paycheck from us last year, around 60.

He gets paid less than Patten, Moore, Copper, Meachem, Miller, Johnson, Campbell, every single other receiver. And he is also paid less than half of what our LONGSNAPPER (the ever reliable Houser) gets.

SaintNick
11.06.2008, 08:55 PM
How is paying stupid money for an overweight DE 2 years in a row amazing news?
I've always been of the opinion that with the double teams that Grant gets, Big Will should produce way more than he does.
He didn't do jack **** last year, his main strength is that he's explosively fast off the edge. Well he was overweight last year and it showed, and he looks even bigger this year, and when when you consider that he's often horrible against the run....why are we paying him so much?
We have the most expensive bookends in the league, that majorly failed to produce last year. Not just sack #'s, but ANY pressure.
Ellis isn't going to make Smith thinner, or faster. If he doesn't get back to 06 form, we're going to look like morons.

If he does, then we should enjoy a very good year, but at the moment I see it as a mistake.

5aints0wn4ll
22.06.2008, 08:34 AM
well we'll soon find out if its a mistake

i'm borderline myself whilst i think he and Grant will produce this year with Ellis i think he got way too much $$$

5aints0wn4ll
22.06.2008, 08:36 AM
we should be looking to try and resign Colston and Vilma and Evans now however i find it hard to believe that we will manage to resign them all due to the salary cap

zorro37
22.06.2008, 12:14 PM
we should be looking to try and resign Colston and Vilma and Evans now however i find it hard to believe that we will manage to resign them all due to the salary cap

We're actually in a great position with the cap and could afford to sign them all now if we wanted.
We'll have to wait though because if Glenn Dorsey gets silly money then Ellis will have grounds for it too and we may need to give it to him. The rest of our picks should be signed easily enough, they should all be done before training camp.

After that we'll look to Colston and then Evans. We need to wait until next season to resign Vilma as we don't know what we're going to get with him and his health. If he's fine (which I've heard he is close to) and if he produces like he did in the 43 in New York (which I really hope he does) then we'll get him done as well.

No reason to worry about the Saints and the cap, we have great minds in Loomis and his staff and we appear to have negotiated the Smith deal well. We're never in a bad position with the cap.

BTW the Smith deal wasn't as rich as advertised, heavily backloaded and worth over 10 mill less than original posted.

5aints0wn4ll
28.07.2008, 08:51 AM
yeah i didn't mean Vilma cos you are right but according to Sky Sports News we resigned Marques Colston to a 3 year deal

Here is the link (http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,12118_3860039,00.html)

zorro37
06.08.2008, 05:49 PM
Too much news has gone by really to post in here, everything since Shockey onwards needs a mention, so I'll bump with this interesting piece of statistics I saw on saintsreport.com which may be good for discussion.

Compare Rickey Jackson to Lawrence Taylor

Rickey Jackson - started 225 out of 227 games played
Lawrence Taylor - started 180 out of 184 games played

Rickey Jackson - 128 career sacks
Lawrence Taylor - 132.5 career sacks

Rickey Jackson - played 15 seasons
Lawrence Taylor - played 13 seasons

Rickey Jackson - 40 forced fumbles
Lawrence Taylor - 33 forced fumbles

Rickey Jackson - 29 fumble recoveries
Lawrence Taylor - 10 fumble recoveries

Rickey Jackson - 8 interceptions
Lawrence Taylor - 9 interceptions

Rickey Jackson - 1173 total tackles
Lawrence Taylor - 1088 total tackles

Who is staying up for the meaningless game which our starters might play 10 minutes in tommorrow, I know I am. ;D

diceman18
06.08.2008, 08:09 PM
Too much news has gone by really to post in here, everything since Shockey onwards needs a mention, so I'll bump with this interesting piece of statistics I saw on saintsreport.com which may be good for discussion.

Compare Rickey Jackson to Lawrence Taylor

Rickey Jackson - started 225 out of 227 games played
Lawrence Taylor - started 180 out of 184 games played

Rickey Jackson - 128 career sacks
Lawrence Taylor - 132.5 career sacks

Rickey Jackson - played 15 seasons
Lawrence Taylor - played 13 seasons

Rickey Jackson - 40 forced fumbles
Lawrence Taylor - 33 forced fumbles

Rickey Jackson - 29 fumble recoveries
Lawrence Taylor - 10 fumble recoveries

Rickey Jackson - 8 interceptions
Lawrence Taylor - 9 interceptions

Rickey Jackson - 1173 total tackles
Lawrence Taylor - 1088 total tackles

Who is staying up for the meaningless game which our starters might play 10 minutes in tommorrow, I know I am. ;D

Yeah i saw that on sr also! Just one of many in a long line of saint snubbery in general (yes thats a word).

As for the game tommorow - definetly!

MarkC07
06.08.2008, 10:50 PM
Looking forward to seing Meachem and Ellis tomorrow.

themouth18888
07.08.2008, 07:58 AM
Yeah I will stay up! Have to admit looking forward to Meach, Ellis and also Arrington tonight!!!

MarkC07
07.08.2008, 12:37 PM
Oh ya forgot about Arrington, lets hope he's another Colston eh? :)

SteButt
12.08.2008, 09:12 AM
Ah Saints football returns - what will be answer this time, after we were tipped for a super bowl despite having no decent defense to speak of.

I'm saying we'll beat out the Falcons ( rookie QB ) and the Panthers ( seem a mess ) but struggle to get past the Bucs.

9-7.

themouth18888
12.08.2008, 09:34 AM
Ah Saints football returns - what will be answer this time, after we were tipped for a super bowl despite having no decent defense to speak of.

I'm saying we'll beat out the Falcons ( rookie QB ) and the Panthers ( seem a mess ) but struggle to get past the Bucs.

9-7.

I was sitting thinking about this the other day actually, and the more I thought it about the more I realised how scary our offense is going to be next year! Bush, Deuce, Colston, Meachem, Shockey, Patten, heck even when Henderson lines up defenses have to take note, taking one of their DB's right out the game! But I still think we will leak points badly :'(. It all depends If the O clicks from day 1 unlike last season. I predict playoffs at least and if the O really clicks then the sky's the limit!!

SteButt
12.08.2008, 10:13 AM
Ellis, Vilma, Young, Harper - 4 guys right there who could really step up and make a difference this year.

Just having an early drafted DT is great, we've been messing around for ages with inadequate players in there - solid, yes, but no stars.

However I remember Jonathan Sullivan, but then again that was Jim Haslett......

zorro37
12.08.2008, 10:28 AM
I predict 11-5 and a playoff run.
I think our offence will be able to carry us and even a top half defence would be a huge improvement.

The season is hinged on our O Line. In 2006 they really played out of their skins and were half the reason for our #1 offence. So last season we sort of assumed they would return to form. They really didn't and the terrible 0-4 beckoned. Whichever side of them we see this season will decide how far we go, as we know we have possibly the best set of players at skill positions in the league. We really have no backup plan if last season's start is repeated.

I am quietly confident about our pass defence but not if David and Craft are in the top 4 CBs. I have seen Porter in college and Usama in camp and preseason and they may not have the same knowledge as the vets but their athleticism makes up for that and they are exactly what we lacked last year. I would love to see Usama starting because he is the anti David, doesn't get caught out by simple head fakes and double moves, when he does he is not stopped dead by it, and he has as good recovery speed as any CB in the league.
He may not be a long term solution at CB (I don't think that will come until we use a first round pick on one - something we should have done years ago), but he has the speed and athleticism to cover up his mistakes and make plays.

SteButt
13.08.2008, 10:16 PM
I like Carlson's write up on us this season on the site, it makes a lot of sense, though on offense I think Shockey and Meachem are bigger keys than Deuce, because I reckon Pierre Thomas and Stecker could do a job if Deuce went down. Reggie is obviously in a crucial third season after what was a promising rookie season followed by a disappointing sophomore one.

I just think we need to use Bush in the correct manner, his strength is his versatility and how damn good he is when the field is open. He needs to be in as an option on many plays to keep opposing D's guessing and utilising a man to cover him.

If Shockey stays fit and motivated though, I reckon he's the best addition on offence we've had in a long time.

saints 23
23.08.2008, 12:32 PM
Duece is still a 1,000+ rusher but we need Bush's running yards to be up. If Duece goes down then Bush has to step up i think, but to utillise Bush the same then Thomas and Stecker could be a good 1 -2 punch. Defense is stronger, but still concerns over DB's.

Shockey is back with the coach who drafted him and brought him to New York so he knows the system and fits aswell. and is a good addition to running and passing game.

hope this year we can win the division but Falcons could prove tricky.

diceman18
23.08.2008, 07:12 PM

The Falcons? the Bucs and Panthers are the only other teams with a chance imo. Id be surprised if the falcons win 5 games.

Anyway, looking forward to seeing how we do tonight against the Bungles - hopefully we'll see Shockey in action for the first time and also an improved showing from the defense. Although he had a pretty dismal performance last week it'll be good to see our 2nd round pick Tracy Porter starting instead of Jason David...we're certainely gonna need him to make plays during the regular season. :)

saints 23
24.08.2008, 08:37 PM
The Falcons? the Bucs and Panthers are the only other teams with a chance imo. Id be surprised if the falcons win 5 games.

possibly, but i think they might do a little better than people think.
Even if they don't a team that is 6-10 or 4 - 12 who knows who they'd beat(yes weak teams but that isn't always the case)

MarkC07
27.08.2008, 07:29 PM

Are you serious there the team that pose the least threat in the division if not the whole league!

zorro37
27.08.2008, 09:59 PM
Saints fans and non Saints fans alike should be praying that hurricane Gustav doesn't materialise.

We are all familiar with what happened with Katrina and Gustav is being projected a direct hit to Louisiana as Katrina was.

If this happens hundreds of thousands of people could have their lives taken or destroyed just like in 2005 and the state and city of New Orleans could be dealt a hammer blow that they may never fully recover from.

It could make landfall early next week with the eye close to New Orleans. We should all hope and pray that doesn't happen as it could bring so many terrible things.

DarrenSQh
28.08.2008, 01:36 AM
Saints fans and non Saints fans alike should be praying that hurricane Gustav doesn't materialise.

We are all familiar with what happened with Katrina and Gustav is being projected a direct hit to Louisiana as Katrina was.

If this happens hundreds of thousands of people could have their lives taken or destroyed just like in 2005 and the state and city of New Orleans could be dealt a hammer blow that they may never fully recover from.

It could make landfall early next week with the eye close to New Orleans. We should all hope and pray that doesn't happen as it could bring so many terrible things.

Yea lets hope that doesnt happen. Would be terrible if it was to happen again.

MarkC07
28.08.2008, 05:16 PM
Even if it does happen (Which I pray it won't) they are already evacuating, so the damage won't be as significant as last time.

SteButt
28.08.2008, 06:15 PM
My fingers are very much crossed. Please not again.... :(

zorro37
28.08.2008, 08:38 PM
In case of the worst, we have a plan. And it doesn't involve San Antonio, which is great.

We have a number of cities that we have contacted as part of our contingency planning for hurricanes," Loomis said. "San Antonio is a city in which we are familiar and was a terrific host in 2005, however, our plans call for us to consider an alternate location at this time. This is a decision that I have made after consulting with our Head Coach Sean Payton and our football operations staff, keeping in mind our goal of giving the football team its best opportunity to prepare for the opening game. It is critical that not only the Saints, but the people of our state, have a plan in the event a storm enters the Gulf of Mexico. Our goals are to implement our plan as efficiently as possible keeping in mind the safety of the people in our organization and their families. In the event we have to evacuate, we will return to New Orleans as quickly as possible to prepare for the 2008 season."
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

http://www.neworleanssaints.com/Arti...n%20Plans.aspx

I really hope we don't have to use it though.

Here is the link to track the storm.
http://www.stormpulse.com/tropical-storm-gustav-2008

The red line is the eye, and New Orleans is marked right beside it.

DarrenSQh
28.08.2008, 10:13 PM
In case of the worst, we have a plan. And it doesn't involve San Antonio, which is great.

We have a number of cities that we have contacted as part of our contingency planning for hurricanes," Loomis said. "San Antonio is a city in which we are familiar and was a terrific host in 2005, however, our plans call for us to consider an alternate location at this time. This is a decision that I have made after consulting with our Head Coach Sean Payton and our football operations staff, keeping in mind our goal of giving the football team its best opportunity to prepare for the opening game. It is critical that not only the Saints, but the people of our state, have a plan in the event a storm enters the Gulf of Mexico. Our goals are to implement our plan as efficiently as possible keeping in mind the safety of the people in our organization and their families. In the event we have to evacuate, we will return to New Orleans as quickly as possible to prepare for the 2008 season."
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

http://www.neworleanssaints.com/Arti...n%20Plans.aspx

I really hope we don't have to use it though.

Here is the link to track the storm.
http://www.stormpulse.com/tropical-storm-gustav-2008

The red line is the eye, and New Orleans is marked right beside it.

Doesnt look too good on that map. I heard that its exactely 3 years after Katrina tommorow.

MarkC07
29.08.2008, 03:14 PM
Opinions on last nights performance?

dino26
29.08.2008, 03:40 PM
May sound dumb but is the whole city gonna evacuate

zorro37
29.08.2008, 06:14 PM
May sound dumb but is the whole city gonna evacuate

Entirely depends on the person. If it was me, I would have been running for the hills last week. But these people have experienced a hurricane season every year of their lives. Some people will have gone to the same hotel, relative's house or whatever they always do when a hurricane comes but almost as many will retreat to their basement, or storm shelter and ride it out. Doesn't make much sense to me but they are used to them.

zorro37
29.08.2008, 06:23 PM
Sport's Illustrated's Don Banks predicts Saints-Chargers superbowl, Drew Brees MVP, Ellis DROY. :o

Don't drink our coolade like Dr Z did, let us fly under the radar! :(

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2008/writers/don_banks/08/29/predictions/index.html

MarkC07
29.08.2008, 06:42 PM
Aw man he just jinxed our whole season :(

SteButt
29.08.2008, 06:54 PM
Forget the SB, it' ain't gonna happen.

What I need to see is evidence that our D can compete consistently. I know if the offence clicks, it's truly superbowl standard. But the defence has been nowhere close, and went backwards last year. Until that is resolved, We'll just be a middle of the road team IMO.

zorro37
29.08.2008, 08:09 PM
'The club has placed seventh-round draft pick WR Adrian Arrington (toe) on Reserve/Injured, where he will spend the entire season. The Saints have also terminated the contract of veteran S Lance Schulters, and waived DE Jeremy Geathers, TE Ronnie Ghent, DE Marcus Pittman, S David Roach, G Isaiah Ross and T Brian Stamper.'

http://www.neworleanssaints.com/Arti...r%20Moves.aspx

MarkC07
29.08.2008, 09:10 PM
Shame, was looking forward to seing what Arrington could be like this season.

phr102
29.08.2008, 09:26 PM

What I need to see is evidence that our D can compete consistently. I know if the offence clicks, it's truly superbowl standard. But the defence has been nowhere close, and went backwards last year. Until that is resolved, We'll just be a middle of the road team IMO.

Surely its a case of the defence "was" nowhere close. A verotable plethora of potential stars have made their way to NO. Rather fancy Vilma to return to his former ProBowl form.

MarkC07
30.08.2008, 12:46 PM
So who do you guys want to see cut or not cut?

SteButt
30.08.2008, 12:57 PM

Surely its a case of the defence "was" nowhere close. A verotable plethora of potential stars have made their way to NO. Rather fancy Vilma to return to his former ProBowl form.

was nowhere close
has been nowhere close

I'm struggling to see the difference here, they both refer to the past.

Yes, Vilma and the addition of Ellis bodes well. I'd love to see what Usama Young can do this year as well.

SaintNick
30.08.2008, 03:11 PM

IMO we just need a running game back, hopefully Deuce can pound it again, and we should be fine. 8 minute drives were our best weapon in 06, it kept the defense off the field and helped to hide their weaknesses. Last year we struggle to run it and then lose Deuce and we were exposed in spectacular fashion.

Our run D is going to be very good, if we don't get punished when we blitz, we should be OK.

dorotheajn
30.08.2008, 04:15 PM
I'm following the news from New Orleans and saw that people were starting to evacuate. The team is supposed to go to Indianapolis if they chose to evacuate too.

To our american friends in Louisianna and Texas - Please take care and stay safe

zorro37
30.08.2008, 07:04 PM
Hurricane Gustav has gone from CAT 3 to CAT 5 in the last few hours. That is a terribly quick and unpredicted jump, and it is looking bad.

Apparently it may drift West, affecting the low lying West Bank area of New Orleans and not hitting the city too hard. This would still be terrible as it would hit badly on all the storm protections and wet lands they have to the west of the city and make future hurricanes even worse. This is just a projection at this stage though.

dorotheajn
30.08.2008, 07:45 PM
The team will leave for Indy at 7 PM local time tonight. At least they're not going to San Antonio ::)

Yes Gustav looks very frightening, hopefully the Hurricane will miss New Orleans, and move towards Texas instead

MarkC07
30.08.2008, 08:14 PM
Final cut

http://blogs.nfl.com/2008/08/30/saints-cut-14-trim-roster-to-53-players/

zorro37
30.08.2008, 08:35 PM
We are keeping 7 CBs! :o
Unbelievable, and we cut Orien Harris who I daresy was our best defencive player this preseason.

I am both shocked and surprised. Dunbarr cut too, and Gramatica is our kicker!

The club has placed CB Greg Fassitt (knee) on Reserve/Injured. The Saints have waived G Andy Alleman, G Tim Duckworth, LB Jo-Lonn Dunbar, WR Skyler Green, RB Lynell Hamilton, DT Orien Harris, LB William Kershaw, K Taylor Mehlhaff, TE Buck Ortega, QB Tyler Palko, DE Josh Savage, FB Olaniyi Sobomehein and WR Joe West.

diceman18
30.08.2008, 08:42 PM
Aah im a little annoyed that we cut harris as well, he looked decent out there.

We've still got Demario pressley though remember...what baffles me the most is that we kept 7 OF OUR CBs, most of them being really average. Its not like weve managed to hold on to & quality Cbs. ???

(and Jo-lonn Dunbar is a beast :'() ;)

SaintNick
30.08.2008, 09:01 PM
DeMario is on IR though.

diceman18
30.08.2008, 09:03 PM
I know...in terms of future prospects we've still got Pressley is what i meant

zorro37
30.08.2008, 09:08 PM
Keeping 7 CBs at the expense of LB and DT depth is idiotic >:(

I really hope we make some moves following the other cuts, and Craft or David is gone.

diceman18
30.08.2008, 09:09 PM
We've only kept 3 DE as well right?

zorro37
30.08.2008, 09:19 PM
We've only kept 3 DE as well right?

Smith, Grant, McCray, and all will be rotating, so we have to add another, although Lake is a fine DE too.