PDA

View Full Version : Saints thread

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

SteButt
21.07.2005, 08:51 PM
Saints thread.

MurrayC
21.07.2005, 10:38 PM
If Brooks plays to his potential, I can see the Saints being a real threat this season. If they continue to play like they did at the end of the last season, they could be a real dark horse.

YorkshireRaven
22.07.2005, 02:18 PM
maybe squeeze into the WC but nothin more

chrisandtuz
22.07.2005, 02:23 PM
A wildcard would be great for the saints!
I tipped them as a dark horse last season, McAllister, Brooks & Horn could be a great triplet, just waiting for Brooks to be consistent!!

KBell97
22.07.2005, 04:54 PM
If Brooks plays to his potential, I can see the Saints being a real threat this season. If they continue to play like they did at the end of the last season, they could be a real dark horse.

It's true that Brooks needs to cut out the idiotic plays and just play smart, but for the Saints to make as serious playoff run, it's the defense that needs to improve. If they can get .500 seasons out of an inconsistent offense with a banged up Deuce McAllister, and no defense, you can only imagine what they'd do at full potential.

The other problem is coaching, not only in-game but from Monday-Saturday. New Orleans are always ill-prepared, unmotivated and lathargic, hense their underachieving mannerism. If Coach Haslett instilled more discipline into the program, you'd see a different football team.

IndyUK
22.07.2005, 05:12 PM

It's true that Brooks needs to cut out the idiotic plays and just play smart, but for the Saints to make as serious playoff run, it's the defense that needs to improve. If they can get .500 seasons out of an inconsistent offense with a banged up Deuce McAllister, and no defense, you can only imagine what they'd do at full potential.

The other problem is coaching, not only in-game but from Monday-Saturday. New Orleans are always ill-prepared, unmotivated and lathargic, hense their underachieving mannerism. If Coach Haslett instilled more discipline into the program, you'd see a different football team

It's funny really, we were 4-8 and down and out - and then when the pressure was off they played for Haslett and we finished 8-8 and he kept his job. So they are capable, and they will play for him. But I think last season was his last chance - he needs at least a winning record this year to convince anyone that he's the man for the job.

The defense will be the key - 32nd in the league last year it can only get better, but will it???

I know what its like to have a crap D playing for your team, and if you guys were ranked lower than the Colts, thats bad!!

Still only one way to go when you are ranked last /\

Panthers17
22.07.2005, 07:55 PM
Still only one way to go when you are ranked last

Never new it was possible to finish 33rd ;)
All those stats they are nice but they don't really mean anything, the most important stat in a game is the scorline!
Seriously though now I have seen the schedule for the Saints it could be possible for 8-8 or 9-7 record just as long they cause some upsets (as long as it's not against the Panthers) but being the NFL it could go either way.

Gman84
22.07.2005, 11:59 PM
This has to be Brooks bery last chance. When Haslett first came in Jeff Blake lead the team for most of the season but Brooks won the play-off game. Him and Haslett have been living off that since.

Brooks is inconsistent and can't respond under pressure. I love his highlight reel plays though, particularly the backward pass vs the Raiders last year. ;D I doubt he changes and I think he'll be looking for a new team in 2006.

In Hasletts case, it's strange how coaches with a rep for certain things (in his case defense) seem to lose that skill in the mix of having to manage everything else. Marv Lewis is another case, he's fixed a lot what is wrong in Cinci but can't get that D to play at all.

On D, the Saints main problem is vs the run, if you rank 32nd in total defense, give up 4.6 yards a carry and allow the joint 3rd most first downs rushing in the league you are always going to struggle despite what your offense is capable of.

With the Panthers getting players back, the Falcons in good shape and the Bucs a team that may be struggling but knows how to win, I don't see the Saints being that competitive this coming season.

colts#1
24.07.2005, 09:36 AM
Wow a Saints thread with only one REAL saints fan posting ;)

I've never been fond of the Saints . I've always seen them as being negative and boring but however they have always proved me wrong by playing well (occasionaly). When Brooks,Deuce and horn play well they can be exciting (not quite as exciting as the Colts trio) In many ways they are similar to the Colts: Exciting offense (when they want to be) and poor D (although I think the Colt's is on the up)

BuccaneersUK
24.07.2005, 10:14 AM
Explosive offence, cack defense.

Defense comes 32nd last year, we draft.......an offensive tackle!! ::)Now, Brown is meant to be good but we're desperate for an upgrade at linebacker and corner, surely we could have signed somebody to help those areas!!

By the way there's at least another Saints fan knocking around, I'm sure I've seen him.......

You got Dwight, any word on where he'll be played?

leapingatlambeau
24.07.2005, 10:24 AM

Defense comes 32nd last year, we draft.......an offensive tackle!! ::)Now, Brown is meant to be good but we're desperate for an upgrade at linebacker and corner, surely we could have signed somebody to help those areas!!

By the way there's at least another Saints fan knocking around, I'm sure I've seen him.......

My mate English Saint posts on here sometimes. Him and a mate have got season tickets for the saints this year. He'll get to 6 games.

Including Lambeau with me in October. If you need anything saints related then PM me and i'll give you his mail address. He's always keen on meeting new fans.

PS Ive been to 5 Saints games in the dome with him. Awesome city !!

packer_fan84
24.07.2005, 03:31 PM
Still only one way to go when you are ranked last

Never new it was possible to finish 33rd ;)
All those stats they are nice but they don't really mean anything, the most important stat in a game is the scorline!
Seriously though now I have seen the schedule for the Saints it could be possible for 8-8 or 9-7 record just as long they cause some upsets (as long as it's not against the Panthers) but being the NFL it could go either way.

The Saints will always cause upsets against the better teams, they just shoot themselves in the foot by losing to crapper teams. For example the year the Bucs won the super bowl, the saints beat them twice that year.

AZ
29.07.2005, 11:31 AM
Saints sign McKinnon

Wire services
Jul. 29, 2005 12:00 AM

New Orleans signed free-agent linebacker Ronald McKinnon to a one-year contract on Thursday.

McKinnon spent his first nine NFL seasons with the Cardinals.

Terms were not disclosed.

hope he does well for you - i always liked him :)

leapingatlambeau
29.07.2005, 12:49 PM

My mate English Saint posts on here sometimes. Him and a mate have got season tickets for the saints this year. He'll get to 6 games.

Including Lambeau with me in October. If you need anything saints related then PM me and i'll give you his mail address. He's always keen on meeting new fans.

PS Ive been to 5 Saints games in the dome with him. Awesome city !!

How do people afford to go? It's a labour of love obviously. I'd love to go to New Orleans but hell knows how I could justify the expense!!

Thanks for the info, I'll bear it in mind :D

It is a labour of love. I'm lucky with my job i suppose.

Booked Browns,Bucs, Panthers on the road and the Saints games. its a month off work.

the Ravens and bears over christmas, gonna be cold at Lambeau !! :)

englishsaint
15.09.2005, 10:17 AM
For all British Saints Fans, please note that we have now launched our own website www.britishsaints.com. It is gonna be slow going as it is very time consuming plus I have only just returned from the Carolina game.
The photos should be added this week.

Keep the FAITH and get in touch editor@britishsaints.com

NOLAsaint
15.09.2005, 06:45 PM
Thanks englishsaint.

I had no idea there were so many dedicated Saints fans here in the UK.

I'll keep an eye on your site.

Monie
27.09.2005, 11:09 AM
If anyone has the Vikings game, look out for a moment midway through the 2nd quarter i think where LeCharles Bentley bitchslaps Pat Williams :P

Pretty funny, but it 0wned him ragged

Gman84
10.10.2005, 02:01 PM
Sorry Saints fans, but this team does need change and I'm not saying that because of yesterday or this season, but more a look over the past few years. Both Brooks and Haslett are living off the franchises only play-off win four seasons ago and just can't get any consistencey. Brooks especially, the guy has talent, but the mental side of the game is so important for a QB and he just does things that make you wonder how the heck it's possible for a QB to mess up that badly.

I appreciate the Saints have had other problems this year that even the most talneted team would have had trouble facing but still, this team has just stood still for four years after the first year of Hasletts reign when he did so much so quickly.

Mav
10.10.2005, 03:55 PM
What's the word on young McPherson?

Everyone I spoke to State-side is convinced he's going to be one of the better QBs in the league. Some even say he's going to be better than both Smith and Rodgers.

I've not seen/know much about him (I don't follow College FB that well) but everything I have heard seems to be pretty good.

flep
10.10.2005, 06:09 PM
Stebutt

Thanks for last night in the chatroom. had a great laugh.

As we've got a bye next week i might pop round just to see wahats happening!!

flep
10.10.2005, 07:05 PM
I predict a Saints win

I have my crystal ball out again!!!!

Dale01
22.12.2005, 08:10 PM
we where poor this season i really have given up hope on this team. :'(

Dale01
22.12.2005, 09:08 PM
thanks fo the encouragement, at times i thought about giving up all hope but i guess i love the saints too much. :)

Dale01
22.12.2005, 09:09 PM
neway what about he detroit game i reckon we got a chance in this one.

The Alster
23.12.2005, 12:26 AM
neway what about he detroit game i reckon we got a chance in this one.

Ever since week 1 you can never say 'The saints don't stand a chance'.

ExtremeSteve
26.12.2005, 08:53 PM
Hey I'm new to the NFLUK boards and I have come to share in the pain of being a Saints fan, possibly the most unlucky team on earth.

Dale01
27.12.2005, 11:04 PM
watch this video it puts it into perspective what being a saints fan is all about http://www.nfl.com/video/16 sorry dont know how to make the video play automatically just click on video features an ode to new orleans ;D

uksaintsfan
31.12.2005, 01:24 AM
I'd suggest you read "Saga of the Saints" by Wayne Mack if you ever really want to understand more about this unique, amazing franchise, and city....

Or visit the Saints Hall of Fame at Rivertown, Kenner if you ever get the chance.

Horrorshow
11.02.2006, 09:58 PM
From CBS Sportsline.com

Saints hire two more assistants

Titans assistant George Henshaw was hired as New Orleans Saints senior assistant and running backs coach Friday.

Henshaw, who spent nine seasons in Tennessee, served as the assistant head coach and the offensive coordinator in game planning, and coached tight ends for the Titans. Earlier in his stint with Tennessee, Henshaw coached running backs, tight ends and the offensive line.

Greg McMahon was hired as assistant special teams coach. He has coached for over 20 years, including a one-year stint as tight ends/special teams coach at East Carolina.

Crowder#52
12.03.2006, 04:00 PM
Miami are apparently close to agreeing terms with Sedrick Hodge and do you think he is a good pick up for us? Is he a big loss for you?

danny17
12.03.2006, 04:09 PM
Who would the Saints rather have. Brees or Leinart. Me personally Brees and then go for the Brick in the draft. Then Leinart might fall to the Titans. Yay.

Lc63
05.04.2006, 09:23 AM
i h8 the saints booo official last placers in our division. they simply are an easy match on the schedule but i think getting rid off brooks was a good idea brees is better and with deuce mcallister coming back they may pose more of a threat to the nfl. they should have been the team to go to la it would have meant not rebuilding the superdome and saved the nfl alot of money and agro

Sedge
07.04.2006, 08:02 AM
Looks like Saints have dealt Gandy to the Falcons for Bryan Scott and an unspecified 2nd day pick:

http://seattlepi.nwsource.com/scorecard/nflnews.asp?articleID=163445

So, first the QB position is filled, and now the LT position has opened up. Does this mean it's Ferguson as #2 pick? Or will Jammal Brown slide across? If you drafted Ferguson, you could have one hell of a pair of tackles for years to come. Maybe I'm reading too much into this.

Incidentally, Scott is, by all accounts, one of the worst starting safeties in the league. The Saints have been playing against him twice a year for the last three years, and surely the smart thing to do would have been to leave him there and hope he somehow manages to hold onto his job ;).

Soko
07.04.2006, 02:19 PM
Scott was great for 4 games last year then he got concussed. Since then he has been atrocious, honestly the worst DB I've seen play in the league. He has zero confidence, positioning play out of synce and he couldn't tackle a breakfast. Saints fans were alluding to Gandy possibly being cut anyway for refusing to restructure, well Scott would have been cut for being a sorry dismal football player. Delighted he's gone.

Now he could improve but his confidence is shot to bits. I hope he stars for you guys because if its Dunn against Scott then he's taking it to the house.

Gandy is a stop gap for our young tackle Omiyale. Seems like a good fit as no one could be worse pass protecting than Kevin Shaffer. You're going to love him Browns fans ;)

Reevzee
04.05.2006, 12:35 PM
When I found out that Reggie Bush would be falling to number 2 I was worried because I thought he would be wasted at the Saints. Now this was a bad thing to say on my part because I was still in shock that Reggie wasn't going number 1.

I would just like to say that Reggie Bush will be perfect for the Saints I think he'll bring a fresh, new look to the Saints organisation. I think that it was a blessing that Reggie fell to you guys and I just wanted to show my support to Reggie Bush and to the fact that the Saints organisation wont be a bad place for Reggie to play!

http://espn-att.starwave.com/photo/2006/0429/nfl_g_bush_195.jpg

The Game
05.05.2006, 12:19 AM
The Saints are definitely heading in the right direction and they made the right decision to hang onto Bush despite the interest he had from us. The NFC South is a pretty tough divison though and I see the Panthers winning it. I think the Atlanta Falcons are the most overarted team in the NFL and the Saints could push for a Wildcard berth along with Tampa Bay.

I mean obviously Jeff Faine is no LeCharles Bentley and in all fairness apart from Joe Horn you don't have a standout reciever. I think the key for the Saints this season is how Drew Brees performs if he can play like last season then the Saints are looking good I just hope the Saints stay in New Orleans now.

kearton
21.09.2006, 12:17 PM
Damn :(

Well that's your loss, because that means I'm the only one here who can appreciate the wonders of the Payton era and the next rookie of the year, Mr Reggie Bush :D

Maybe I'll get a friend one day ::)

Hey dude your not alone no more

Dale01
22.09.2006, 02:43 PM
well that makes 3 of us now good to see a couple more around, and hey what a start to the season

nearmy05
22.09.2006, 02:50 PM
can kinda half join u 3 there as the saints are my second team
ex mate persuaded me to support the pats when i was a saints fan
still buy there jerseys and get there dvds from pontel

ExtremeSteve
23.09.2006, 01:56 PM
Make it 4, can't wait for monday!

Boycey
23.09.2006, 06:58 PM
I didn't realize there were four Saints fans in the country let alone on this board! ;)

(And by the way guys, i'm sorry to say it but you're probably going to get mashed by Atlanta. ;D)

watto8
24.09.2006, 07:02 AM
There's a fifth fan, my Dad! And he's followed them for about 15 years now! (His favourite player was Reuben Mayes!)

I would really like to see the Saints win again on Monday. It's all set up for them as a perfect showcase and I hope they do well.
What's more, I honestly think they can :)

Boycey
24.09.2006, 01:37 PM
There's a fifth fan, my Dad! And he's followed them for about 15 years now! (His favourite player was Reuben Mayes!)

I would really like to see the Saints win again on Monday. It's all set up for them as a perfect showcase and I hope they do well.
What's more, I honestly think they can :)

They've got a good chance of victory (it'll be a real boost being able to play in the Superdome again) but i really think that Atlanta defense will give them problems. If John Abraham is playing (he's questionable at the moment) then Drew Brees better watch out!

JackieSlater
29.09.2006, 11:38 AM
This link was posted by a colleague of mine on another forum.

'They're proud that the Saints are back and the Superdome -- which, in the days after Katrina, appeared to underline the terrible gulf between black and white, rich and poor -- is once again what it was meant to be, a place for games.'

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2006/09/24/AR2006092401240.html?nav=rss_opinion/columns

Funny that, my first thought watching the MNF game was that when we last saw the Superdome it was packed to the rafters with poor black people in a living hell, now it was packed to the rafters with rich white people having fun. Looked like all the people who actually lived through the hell of Katrina weren't invited to the party.

psj3809
29.09.2006, 12:43 PM
Same with many sports nowadays, look at football, the 'true' fan who were there for years in the old days cant afford to go to any games nowadays.

What was with the Saints in white at home the other day ? Looked very strange without their usual home kit.

ExtremeSteve
29.09.2006, 01:58 PM
Hurricane Katrina did most of its damage in the Lower Ninth Ward and other 'poor' neighbourhoods, which is why the people who fled to the Superdome were predominantly poorer African Americans. Given that over half the pre Katrina population still hasn't returned to New Orleans and most of the damage was centred in these poorer districts I would say that a contributing factor to their absence on Monday night was simply that they no longer live in New Orleans.

BostonFan06
29.09.2006, 05:47 PM
Wow! There's a Saints thread? I've been missing out...good to see at least some Saints fans on here!

Hurricane Katrina did most of its damage in the Lower Ninth Ward and other 'poor' neighbourhoods, which is why the people who fled to the Superdome were predominantly poorer African Americans. Given that over half the pre Katrina population still hasn't returned to New Orleans and most of the damage was centred in these poorer districts I would say that a contributing factor to their absence on Monday night was simply that they no longer live in New Orleans.

I do remember the announcers saying that there were some of the people who took shelter in the Superdome during the hurricane were actually at the game Monday. Although I'm sure they're probably weren't many of them.

uksaintsfan
30.09.2006, 02:54 AM
Add me as a Saints fan to the others on this thread.. and I was in the Superdome on Monday night. It was the most awesome sporting event I have ever attended, the atmosphere was unique.

In response to Jackie Slater's comment ".. looked like all the people who actually lived through the hell of Katrina weren't invited to the party", I would respond by telling you that I was sat beside a husband and wife who live/lived South of New Orleans in an area that basically no longer exists. They were your typical, proud Cajun folk who make up that part of the world, and are slowly seeking to rebuild their lives back on their plot near to Houma.

I would also add that my family in the area have lived through hell for much of the last year, and are only now back on their feet.

The Dome was full of many New Orleanian, Louisiana and Gulf Coast folk on Monday, and if you want to labour the point, then, yes, there were plenty of black fans there to, as has always been the case with the Saints.

Much as though many people might seek to make a race-based comment on Katrina, the fact is that the storm really didnt discriminate between the colour, creed, religion or whatever other variable you want to come up with. So drop the line please... you really dont know what you are talking about.

uksaintsfan
30.09.2006, 02:59 AM
Same with many sports nowadays, look at football, the 'true' fan who were there for years in the old days cant afford to go to any games nowadays.

What was with the Saints in white at home the other day ? Looked very strange without their usual home kit.

Saints season tickets started, I believe, from $112 this year.... is that unaffordable??

Secondly, I believe that Sean Payton has asked for the Saints to play in white at home this year.. dont ask me why, I dont know the answer, and I dont understand the logic behind it, if my understanding of the situation is correct.

JackieSlater
30.09.2006, 12:06 PM
Add me as a Saints fan to the others on this thread.. and I was in the Superdome on Monday night. It was the most awesome sporting event I have ever attended, the atmosphere was unique.

In response to Jackie Slater's comment ".. looked like all the people who actually lived through the hell of Katrina weren't invited to the party", I would respond by telling you that I was sat beside a husband and wife who live/lived South of New Orleans in an area that basically no longer exists. They were your typical, proud Cajun folk who make up that part of the world, and are slowly seeking to rebuild their lives back on their plot near to Houma.

I would also add that my family in the area have lived through hell for much of the last year, and are only now back on their feet.

The Dome was full of many New Orleanian, Louisiana and Gulf Coast folk on Monday, and if you want to labour the point, then, yes, there were plenty of black fans there to, as has always been the case with the Saints.

Much as though many people might seek to make a race-based comment on Katrina, the fact is that the storm really didnt discriminate between the colour, creed, religion or whatever other variable you want to come up with. So drop the line please... you really dont know what you are talking about.

First of all, if you were to read my first line in the post!
It was'nt me, JackieSlater/Mark P.. Who wrote or mentioned it, i simply cut and paste the whole post from another forum,
I am simply posting a post and link from another forum to show you guys the thread.
Now speaking for myself, I to had friends in the area, and yes i've heard their stories, and personally i'll keep them to myself, so dont ask me to drop the line, personnally you maybe right, i may have no idea 'what i'm talking about'... But i sure have hell have friends who have told me.

rich987652
30.09.2006, 12:38 PM

You tell them mate! I agree it was an awesome night :)

SaintNick
08.10.2006, 11:44 PM
REGGIE REGGIE REGGIE

What a way to get your first NFL TD. And the saints go 4-1.

2006 is officially better thant 2005, no matter what happens. But pfft, no reason why we can't go to the playoffs...well apart from the harsh schedule.

clembo83
09.10.2006, 12:51 AM
Terrible terrible, the saints always seem to get a scrappy win over us when clearly we are the better team! Well done Reggie though he did do well on one play!

Jammin Jaguar
09.10.2006, 04:53 PM
Deuce played very well! But Bush's TD! Never seen anyone run as fast, he showed what he was capiable of last night on that run.
I think that the Saints could win their division, they are a strong team, and highly underrated. :)

kearton
12.10.2006, 04:22 PM
Great TD by Bush!! Although thought it was gonna be called back when I saw the flag. Watching Gruden gurning on the touchline is always priceless when the call goes our way ;D

Philly should prove a llitmess test for us. Interesting to see how we cope with an in form team with their calibre.

CheAddick
12.10.2006, 09:24 PM
What a joy that the Saints are getting so much TV this season, hopefully a trip to the playoffs could continue that, although the schedule only seems to get harder. Geaux Saints!

#1 ravens fan
13.10.2006, 01:24 AM
i am really routing for the saints this year i whant them to do well i think there fans deserve it nice to see them 4-1 too

macky81
19.10.2006, 06:50 PM
i'm hoping the saints have a good season after what they had to put up with last season. they played well against the eagles and could be THE team to beat ???

Dale01
21.11.2006, 05:23 PM
we played poorly against the bengals but im confident well put it behind us and get back to winning ways

BP
22.11.2006, 12:02 AM
Gotta say that after watching that MTV show, I expect more people in this country to be rooting for the Saints.......the 2nd best team in the NFC South! ;D

Glenos
01.12.2006, 04:32 PM
;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Hi guy's,

Yep I'm a real life Saints fan. That makes two of us on herer now!

I was at the Super Bash 3 party earlier in the year. I spoke to quite a few people who said they hope the Saints come back.

Le'ts hope they can win some games it's bloody time!

Can't complain as of now 7-4. bring on them 49ers.

SaintNick
01.12.2006, 05:21 PM
Having an amzing QB, who is a great leader is overrated.
Give me AB back anyday. I miss his laugh :(

BathPalace
23.12.2006, 09:09 PM
You can add another fan to the total.

Having supported the Saints I can finally hold my head high - for the first time in my rememberable lifetime they look a quality side. Thought I try and get the Saints back in focus. We better than them Bucs!

SaintNick
24.12.2006, 04:02 PM
Merry Xmas.

I fully expect the players to come out mad today after last weeks performance, and lay a beating on the g-men, Payton said after the 'Skins game that he overworked them in practice that week and that's why they looked flat.

BathPalace
24.12.2006, 04:07 PM
Merry Christmas

and here's to a great 07.

From a Saints fan.

BathPalace
24.12.2006, 04:08 PM
i am really routing for the saints this year i whant them to do well i think there fans deserve it nice to see them 4-1 too

#1 raven fan, and Saints fan, and probably Jets fan, Chargers fan, NY Giants fan, Panthers fan... everyone except the Texans I should imagine.

Glenos
28.12.2006, 03:42 PM
Hi Saints Fans! (and everyone else).

Hope you all had a Great Christmas.

Now we have the 2nd seeding in the NFC we can relaxa little and see where we are at after the Wildcard teams have beaten each other.

Really hope we do well and get to the SB!

Have to pinch myself sometimes, this seasons like a deam come true for long suffering Saints fans. :o :o :o

BathoryT
03.01.2007, 04:16 PM
im somewhat cautios of getting excited but its hard not to with the amount of talent we have on offense that must cause headaches for any defense. :)
and with the NFC having the weaker teams im confident of seeing the Bears in the championship game and pulling off a win, but it depends which Rex Grossman decieds to play.

I think Philadelphia would be our biggest threat.
Good luck to all teams and here's hoping the Saints can pull off a couple of wins.

JammyHure
03.01.2007, 04:21 PM
The Saints are coming =P

BathoryT
04.01.2007, 04:15 PM
before the playoffs get started i think i'd like to thank Haslett, Ditka, McCarthy, Bondraeu and others for the draft picks and trades they made, certainly gave Payton a better ship to come into.
somewhat similair to Grudens first year at Tampa ??

BathPalace
04.01.2007, 05:39 PM
Why the hell is Brees not comeback player of the season. :-[

He outplayed Pennington and came back from an equally severe injury.

This guy sure as hell deserves an award (he should get NFC and Saints MVP).

BathPalace
04.01.2007, 09:29 PM
In fairness Haslett had a tough job and raised a couple of good players. But he simply did coach well enough or give us a decent enough squad. We looked like the Texans squad. A couple of decent players but mostly poor veterans and unexperienced youngsters. And a terrible defense.

And the excuse they were always on the road doesn't sit with me. Our away record this season is better tan our home. Payton is a much better playcaller and we can win wherever we go.

Give credit to the GM though Brees was an inspired signing and thank you Texas for passing on Bush. This season has given hope to evryone and most importantly the city.

With the passion of the fans and the performance of the side any relocation rumors must be scotched.

BathPalace
05.01.2007, 04:34 PM
maybe squeeze into the WC but nothin more

Funny that! ;D

SaintNick
05.01.2007, 05:38 PM
Not really, nobody could've predicted this. This season is something special.

Still 8 or 9 days, this playoff game is taking forever to come around.

Nick_M
06.01.2007, 01:16 AM
Why the hell is Brees not comeback player of the season. :-[

He outplayed Pennington and came back from an equally severe injury.

This guy sure as hell deserves an award (he should get NFC and Saints MVP).

Simple, Penningtons injury was way more severe than Brees (rotator cuff twice, over labrum)
Pennington missed virtually every game last year, Brees didn't miss anything. Thats why.

SaintNick
06.01.2007, 02:31 AM
Not really, nobody could've predicted this. This season is something special.

Still 8 or 9 days, this playoff game is taking forever to come around.

Indeed - are we on the Saturday or the Sunday?
I think it gets decided/announced on Monday/Tuesday. Hope its a night game.

ExtremeSteve
06.01.2007, 07:15 PM
Congratulations to Sean Payton on winning coach of the year.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/9912076

SaintNick
07.01.2007, 10:14 PM
http://www.superbowl.com/playoffs/schedule#divisional

Saturday Night game. Less time to wait. :)

SaintNick
07.01.2007, 11:45 PM
Before tonight the Eagles worried me a bit, but they really dont look as great as they were made out to be, on either side of the ball.

And I'd imagine Payton has got some great tricks up his sleeve, just like the Cowboys game. And I wouldnt be suprised to see the HB pass play come out again, at some point in the playoffs.

chrisnfl2004
08.01.2007, 11:46 AM
I think the Saints should take out Philli pretty easily come Saturday.

big_matt
08.01.2007, 11:52 AM
Before tonight the Eagles worried me a bit, but they really dont look as great as they were made out to be, on either side of the ball.

And I'd imagine Payton has got some great tricks up his sleeve, just like the Cowboys game. And I wouldnt be suprised to see the HB pass play come out again, at some point in the playoffs.

Quite, they beat an 8-8 and banged up Giants team with a last minute field goal at home - hardly the stuff of legends.

I'm looking forward to this game. Eagles could turn us over, but I think if our offence clicks the way it can, we'll just be too hot for them.

I wouldn't get carried away. You cant underestimate local rivalry and the Giants hate us and gave it everything they had. barber said after the game he was pleased to go out against his biggest rivals. That game was never going to be an easy win for the Eagles.

You saw earlier in the season how evenly matched our teams are, and this game will be close again.

imported_BigFishyBob
08.01.2007, 12:39 PM

Quite, they beat an 8-8 and banged up Giants team with a last minute field goal at home - hardly the stuff of legends.

I'm looking forward to this game. Eagles could turn us over, but I think if our offence clicks the way it can, we'll just be too hot for them.

I wouldn't get carried away. You cant underestimate local rivalry and the Giants hate us and gave it everything they had. barber said after the game he was pleased to go out against his biggest rivals. That game was never going to be an easy win for the Eagles.

You saw earlier in the season how evenly matched our teams are, and this game will be close again.

I don't understand all this "local rivalry so the Giants played harder than they would have if it was another team" cr4p. Okay it might be more emotional because of the rivalry but if my team only plays harder agains divisional opponents then they shouldn't even bother turning up!!!!

you should be playing your hardest no matter who the opposition is.

I think that is such a weak arguement to use!

psj3809
08.01.2007, 12:44 PM

It was just one game, the Eagles werent great but the previous 4 or so weeks looked very good. I'm sure they'll play much better than they did the other day but a wins a win. Saints i reckon will win because of homefield but the Eagles are a half decent team and i wouldnt write them off solely on their performance last weekend

psj3809
08.01.2007, 12:49 PM
I can read english and from what i read you werent that impressed with the Eagles win over an '8-8' Giants team. Yeah the Giants didnt have a great record but either way its the playoffs where upsets happen.

The Eagles werent great but did enough to win. I'll be surprised if the Eagles play the same against the Saints, expect them to play much better.

For us neutrals it should be a great matchup, with a crazy NO crowd i reckon the Saints will do it but theres been so many surprises this year.

da33431
08.01.2007, 06:14 PM
Which Saints will turn up - the ones who slaughtered Dallas or the ones who rolled over to Washington?? ???

rocky99
08.01.2007, 06:49 PM
Lots of saints fans remember Garcia form his 49ers days, keep in the pocket, make him make a play. Although he has come on we beat McNabb and co when they were red hot. I'm confident although pretty much anything can happen with the Saints - see River City Relay + Carney extra point!

SaintNick
08.01.2007, 08:58 PM
I'm confident, we're in much better shape than when we beat the Eagles the first time round. And from what I've seen lately, they aren't.

Reggie is finally doing what he does best. The offensive line is blocking a whole lot better. Pretty much anybody who lines up on offense is a dangerous weapon.
The defense is playing well, except for Fred "toast" Thomas.
We've got Hollis and Horn back, We're well rested, it'll be pretty much 3 weeks rest because no starters played more than 2 series against the Panthers.

There's only three things that worry me about this game:
Westbrook
TE Play.
Saints beating themselves.

big_matt
08.01.2007, 11:19 PM
I can read english and from what i read you werent that impressed with the Eagles win over an '8-8' Giants team. Yeah the Giants didnt have a great record but either way its the playoffs where upsets happen.

The Eagles werent great but did enough to win. I'll be surprised if the Eagles play the same against the Saints, expect them to play much better.

For us neutrals it should be a great matchup, with a crazy NO crowd i reckon the Saints will do it but theres been so many surprises this year.

Why would they play any better? Surely if you believe all this divisional hoo-ha thats the best they will play.

The game could be won by either side, but no, I am not scared by Philly. If both teams play to their best, I think we'll win. If we don't then Philly are quite capable of winning.

Home game against a banged up 8-8 team is quite different to a road game against a 10-6 team who beat them earlier in the season and have had a week off, especially as it's a short week for Philly too.

You dont think teams are that bit more desperate to win against their biggest rivals? With their star running back playing his last game? Fine. But dont judge a team on one performance. The five games before that we played good football. You know we can compete with you from earlier in the season, so why base your judgement on one playoff game?

Actually just forget that. Keep thinking that Philly can only play like they did on Sunday!

big_matt
08.01.2007, 11:21 PM
Lots of saints fans remember Garcia form his 49ers days, keep in the pocket, make him make a play. Although he has come on we beat McNabb and co when they were red hot. I'm confident although pretty much anything can happen with the Saints - see River City Relay + Carney extra point!

By RED HOT are you talking about our shaky start to the season? We are better in the last few weeks than when we played you earlier in the season - our record shows that. We just won 6 games on the trot (3 away against division rivals in a row)!!!

SaintNick
08.01.2007, 11:29 PM
What was your best performance this season?

rocky99
09.01.2007, 07:16 PM

By RED HOT are you talking about our shaky start to the season? We are better in the last few weeks than when we played you earlier in the season - our record shows that. We just won 6 games on the trot (3 away against division rivals in a row)!!!

No that was when you were 4-1 (only after a mad giants comeback) and McNabb was seen as a nailed on MVP candidate. We have done this consistently this year, defeat the hype. I remember going into Dallas in the middle of Romo-fever. You all know what happened there.

englishsaint
09.01.2007, 07:41 PM
Hi Guys
Glad to see that we enjoy some support on here still.
I've been missing for a while but have been reading your comments today. I'm impressed !!
I'm a Saints season ticket holder (block 652) and i get over to 5 or 6 games a year.
I was over for the first 3 home games this year with 4 other British Saints. I saw the Eagles game and was very impressed with their O line. Apart from that ...... nothing special. The bye week is a key factor and they looked a little bashed up at the end.
Our Offence should be too strong especially if Hollywood is fit as expected. Deuce and reggie will have really neededa bye week and should really be firing.

Anybody interested in seeing photos from the "Return to the Dome" against Atlanta then just send an email address.
The web site should be updated soon as well as we haven't managed as much as we'd have liked.

www.britishsaints.com

SaintNick
14.01.2007, 04:53 AM
We did it. ;D

If Seahawks win later then WOW. An NFC Championship game in the SD. :o

CheAddick
20.01.2007, 07:05 PM
Does anyone know where I could catch the Bears game tomorrow night near Canterbury in Kent?

Geaux Saints!

Dawkins#20
22.02.2007, 01:12 AM
seem like old hollis is gunna hit free agency
http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/6491486

Glasgow_Gridiron
22.02.2007, 02:21 AM
I am on here to say congratultions to the Saints, dreadful last season, but this year have been team of the year. They have been easily the best team to watch i loved watching them this year before any other teams apart from Indy - Drew Brees, Marques Colston, Reggie and Sean Payton made my season. Hell i loved seeing Mike Karney get involved aswell.
You have won over a new fan in me - Even so to the point that i bought an authentic Dre Brees Jersey.

Thanks for a great year.

Giants_27
08.03.2007, 08:56 PM
Eric Johnson will make a big difference to your reeceiving corp and simmons will help the defence.

falcon_91
08.03.2007, 09:33 PM
SO what will you guys think if Horn goes to Falcs?

Arsenal_Rule
08.03.2007, 09:39 PM
I will honestly cry.

After waiting three weeks i received my J.Horn jersey on monday, while im wating for it, its announced that hes been released. :'(

Just My Luck :'( :'(

falcon_91
08.03.2007, 10:01 PM
Well it looks a cert he is going to the falcs, there will be a press conferwnce at 6pm their time, introducing Horn ;D

SaintNick
09.03.2007, 02:25 AM
Congrats on signing a lead blocker.

Joe Horn is a sellout.

Arsenal_Rule
14.03.2007, 12:07 PM
"The New Orleans Saints continued to upgrade their defensive unit when they announced they have agreed to terms with veteran safety Kevin Kaesviharn."

A quote from Neworleanssaints.com (http://Neworleanssaints.com)

Sounds like a good bit of business IMO, Should really toughen the secondary.

Crowder#52
06.04.2007, 08:45 AM
As requested, the Saints released kicker John Carney on Thursday, two days after trading for Olindo Mare.

"John wanted to explore other opportunities that are available in the NFL," said Saints general manager Mickey Loomis. "This is something we were sensitive to because he has been an important part of the Saints and the community during his time in New Orleans."

SaintNick
26.04.2007, 10:04 PM
Jason David Signed. 8)

Grant re-signed for 7 years. 8)

Everything looks great going into the draft. BPA us up

118 M Man #9
26.04.2007, 10:21 PM
Kaesivhern is a great signing, should probally not be relied upon as a starter but as a nickel back / third safety he is a great back up at either Safety spots or corner.

SaintNick
26.04.2007, 10:26 PM
Yeah, I imagine Harper and Bullocks will start, unless we draft another safety to take over from Bullocks. But KK looks like solid depth.

Kildare Krackers
01.07.2007, 07:58 PM
How well do you think the Saints will do this season, I'd say same as last, maybe not quite as good.

Kildare Krackers
02.07.2007, 12:41 PM
Thats some good analysis, I still don't fully understand NFL and how teams are better and their style's of play, what makes them tic etc. I feel like I understand The Saints a little better now, thanks.

SaintNick
02.07.2007, 06:38 PM
Can't wait for Roman to be back, he was all over Crumpler in the MNF game, and if he improves his tackling he'll be a pro bowl safety in the future.

evilmoo
02.07.2007, 11:44 PM
I may have to switch my teams in a month.
As will be living only less than an hours drive away from new orleans for the next 5 years and will catch as many of their games as i can.
Only really been passively interested in the Giants anyway. Saints seem to have a pretty decent team too.

Dawkins#20
03.07.2007, 12:51 AM
some 1 call the AA the wheels are falling of the giants bandwagon :P

PavlovsDog
03.07.2007, 01:05 AM

Bit harsh, if you'd read his previous posts you would know the guy is more of a college fan and a fan of Ole Miss. I think he only wears the Giants lid because of the Eli/Ole Miss connection.

Soko
03.07.2007, 02:02 AM
WR - Horn is gone and we're VERY young in this area. If Colston slumps and Meacham doesn't live up to form, this could be a weakness. Conversley, Colston shows he's no one season wonder and Meacham steps in nicely, and along with Henderson we have a talented young WR group. Hard to say

I'll go on a limb and say that Meacham doesn't crack the starting lineup and wont have more than 30 catches this year. I think he'll be lucky to be a #3 this year

evilmoo
03.07.2007, 02:26 AM

Bit harsh, if you'd read his previous posts you would know the guy is more of a college fan and a fan of Ole Miss. I think he only wears the Giants lid because of the Eli/Ole Miss connection.

Pretty much.
I liked Eli at college and the year i started watching the NFL was his rookie season, have watched college football many years before that though.
But like i said, i'm not jumping on or off a bandwagon, if i'm going to be living near to an NFL team for that period of time i will have the chance to see a lot of their games so would make sense if i rooted for them!

SaintNick
03.07.2007, 08:49 PM
I'll go on a limb and say that Meacham doesn't crack the starting lineup and wont have more than 30 catches this year. I think he'll be lucky to be a #3 this year
Nobody thought Colston would make the final roster after mini camps last year......

Don't write Meachem off just yet.

Soko
03.07.2007, 10:16 PM
I don't think he'll even crack #3. Just have a feeling. He's not started many games and I'd prefer McKnight, a RFA, over him in the slot. He'll make your roster

evilmoo
03.07.2007, 11:09 PM
I may have to switch my teams in a month.
As will be living only less than an hours drive away from new orleans for the next 5 years and will catch as many of their games as i can.
Only really been passively interested in the Giants anyway. Saints seem to have a pretty decent team too.

My new best friend for any potential ticket purchases! 8) ;)

Haha anytime buddy.
I'll hook you up with any Saints related thing you need.

SaintNick
04.07.2007, 05:57 PM
He probably won't be #3 on the depth chart, but that's not becase he isn't good enough, it's because Colston, Patten and Henderson fit the system much better.

I think he'll prove people wrong at camp though.

Soko
04.07.2007, 06:20 PM
I don't think he'll even crack #3. Just have a feeling. He's not started many games and I'd prefer McKnight, a RFA, over him in the slot. He'll make your roster

And given that you've watched precisily no minutes of NFL footage of Mr Meacham, you are basing this on..................

His peewee football days ::)

Jesus, that was a seriously retarded question. Bit defensive eh?

Soko
04.07.2007, 06:21 PM
He probably won't be #3 on the depth chart, but that's not becase he isn't good enough, it's because Colston, Patten and Henderson fit the system much better.

I wouldn't pick a guy who didn't fit the system in the first round. In fact, I wouldn't draft him at all. Thats not saying he doesn't fit the system, just that your reasoning for him not cracking the top 3 is flawed

SaintNick
04.07.2007, 08:12 PM

I wouldn't pick a guy who didn't fit the system in the first round. In fact, I wouldn't draft him at all. Thats not saying he doesn't fit the system, just that your reasoning for him not cracking the top 3 is flawed
I never said he couldn't play in the system, not in the slightest, he could walk into it, Drew Brees is that good. But he's not as good as the 2 'experienced' guys and the vet.

He'll get his fair share of rec's, no doubt.

Solo
06.07.2007, 03:15 PM
I feel sorry for you guys :(

I guess Dhani will have to buy a gold coloured bowtie now to go with his saints kit.

http://www.phillypops.org/images/dhani_small.jpg

SaintNick
06.07.2007, 04:05 PM
Great depth, and important as far as special teams go.

Our ST coverage is gonna suck without Gleason. :(

Jay Jenkins
06.07.2007, 04:16 PM
i like the looks of Robert Meachem...he was my sleeper out of the rookies this year...until he had to have surgery :'(...still looks like a great prospect...hopefully he will prove the doubters wrong

packerboy
06.07.2007, 07:36 PM

What happened to him? I always liked him.

PavlovsDog
06.07.2007, 07:51 PM

Don't get me wrong, I'm not out to cause trouble at all but I'm just intrigued by this comment.

Gleason, hardly a household name, so I'm just intrigued what you as a Packers fan have witnessed to boldly state that you like him.

I'm not saying you can't and not saying you don't, there might be a valid reason and I'd love to know what it is. But I'm just curious why a person who is not a fan of that team would have spent that much effort analysing a player as insignificant (in the context that he isn't a defensive starter) as Gleason.

packerboy
06.07.2007, 07:53 PM

Don't get me wrong, I'm not out to cause trouble at all but I'm just intrigued by this comment.

Gleason, hardly a household name, so I'm just intrigued what you as a Packers fan have witnessed to boldly state that you like him.

I'm not saying you can't and not saying you don't, there might be a valid reason and I'd love to know what it is. But I'm just curious why a person who is not a fan of that team would have spent that much effort analysing a player as insignificant (in the context that he isn't a defensive starter) as Gleason.

Everytime I saw the Saints ST make a play, he was usually the one making it. I know more than you think I do Paul ;)

PavlovsDog
06.07.2007, 07:58 PM
No, I wasn't getting at that at all, it's just if I'm watching neutral games, it's unlikely I'm watching them to analyse the performance of a special teamer.

In my case, as soon as I saw the name Gleason I thought of one play and one play only, a play he made very early on in the Falcons @ Saints game when the Saints first returned to the Dome. I think he blocked a punt that led to a TD, either that or he recovered the blocked punt for the score.

Outside of that, I couldn't tell you anymore about him, so just curious how much he could have stood out to you as a neutral for you to have formed such an opinion on the player.

It wasn't a slight on your knowledge, just me being curious about how people see things.

nearmy05
06.07.2007, 08:07 PM
Remember Gleason blocking a punt at Arizona in 04 IIRC that someone returned for a TD and the one he also blocked against the Falcons but he wouldnt stand out to much for a ST player , would stand out more for the charity he set and help that charity done during hurricane Katrina.

packerboy
06.07.2007, 08:21 PM
No, I wasn't getting at that at all, it's just if I'm watching neutral games, it's unlikely I'm watching them to analyse the performance of a special teamer.

In my case, as soon as I saw the name Gleason I thought of one play and one play only, a play he made very early on in the Falcons @ Saints game when the Saints first returned to the Dome. I think he blocked a punt that led to a TD, either that or he recovered the blocked punt for the score.

Outside of that, I couldn't tell you anymore about him, so just curious how much he could have stood out to you as a neutral for you to have formed such an opinion on the player.

It wasn't a slight on your knowledge, just me being curious about how people see things.

What the wink ment. Sorry if it came across as being offended, as I wasn't.

SaintNick
06.07.2007, 09:02 PM

Injured, probably long term. I'd be suprised if he wasn't cut. Payton doesn't seem to be a huge fan of players who are great on ST but poor at their actual position.

SaintNick
29.07.2007, 09:03 PM
The one reason I was hoping we'd go for a 'big name' in free agency, or try and trade at some point. We need playmakers, and no matter how hard we work in training camp, we just don't have enough players who can go out and make big plays on D every sunday.

Saying that, as long as we eliminate the big plays that we kept giving up, our TO differential won't be such a big deal. That cost us more than not creating enough turnovers, our offense is good enough to cope without great field position.

themouth18888
30.07.2007, 09:12 PM
people are worring about our d too much. seriously if you look over the tapes from last year we lost the vast majority of our points due to fred thomas getting burned constantly. hopefully by signing david from the colts & drafting young this will go some way to sorting this out remember we have the tools to out score any other team in the nfl i believe this is our year!!!!! ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

SaintNick
30.07.2007, 09:24 PM
We lost most of our points because our run D was horrible. We did nothing in the offseason to address that. Fred Thomas was a liability, but he wasn't the only one giving up the big plays.

themouth18888
30.07.2007, 09:29 PM
i know we havent brought in any major signing on d but guys like young could be anything. david has a superbowl ring. simmons & Kaesviharn are not big names but will defo do a job in bringing the d stats up

themouth18888
02.08.2007, 03:21 PM
Saints Training Camp Report - 8/1

by Dave Lawrence, NewOrleansSaints.com
Wednesday, August 01, 2007 - 9:00 PM

Lining up for their sixth day of double practice sessions at training camp at Millsaps College, the New Orleans Saints were able to once again dodge the rainstorm that hit much of the Jackson, Mississippi area. Dark clouds and distant thunder seemed to surround the practice field, but the grass remained dry for the 12th consecutive practice for Sean Payton’s team.

Drew Brees was the star of the afternoon, zipping balls all over the field to a number of receivers as if the team had been practicing every day for three months, not just a week. The Pro Bowl quarterback opened up the team portion of practice by firing a strike to Devery Henderson for a 20-yard gain.

Later in the period, Brees stepped up in the pocket to avoid the pass rush and effortlessly lofted a perfect pass to David Patten that traveled more than 50 yards on the fly.

A well-executed play-fake from Brees later on caused safety Josh Bullocks to bite and come up to defend the run as Marques Colston ran free down the middle of the secondary. Brees hit the receiver in stride and Colston had a free path to the end zone.

Defensive coordinator Gary Gibbs lit into Bullocks for the gaffe and the third-year safety must have gotten the message, defending a deep pass from Brees to Patten and picking the ball off a few plays later. But as Bullocks galloped up the sideline on the interception return, Terrance Copper proved that forcing turnovers might not only be a point of emphasis for the defense as he hustled to chase down the safety and strip the ball.

The defense had a bit of a turnaround following the early aerial assault by Brees, with Charles Grant rushing his way into the backfield for a “sack” of the quarterback. Jason Craft got into the act as well, knocking away a pass that looked to be sure to end up in Colston’s sure hands.

As the team closed out practice working on their two-minute offense, Brees continued to show midseason form as he threaded a pass deep down the middle to tight end Billy Miller. Two plays later, Brees had a pass slightly tipped at the line but had enough mustard on the ball that it still arrived in Henderson’s grasp just before the defense reached the receiver at the goal line.

The Saints will continue their slate of two-a-day practices Thursday with the first practice set for 8:50 a.m. on the Upper Fields at Millsaps. The afternoon workout will run from 4:20-6:00 p.m. and the location will be set by Thursday morning. Check back with NewOrleansSaints.com for the latest practice schedule for the Black & Gold.

Terrible Towel
02.08.2007, 04:03 PM
Hello Aints . . . ;)

Who from your side of the ball should I be looking out for on Monday morning?

TykeMan
02.08.2007, 07:15 PM
Hi guys.....only just found this board so I'll have a read through this thread and then contribute here!

themouth18888
06.08.2007, 12:22 PM
alright guys what to we think of the game last night?? i know it was only pre season but you should at least be able to catch a football!! to be honest i think the steelers took the game a lot more serious than the saints. the main thing i got from the games is unfortunatly our d looks the same as last year so our games could be one big rollercoaster ride every week!! jamie martin looked out of his depth at all times last night and we only really got going when fife came on he looked a bit handy. palko i think can be a good qb but will need alot of time on the practice squads. pittman looked like a good addition to squad as well. anyway hopefully we will be back on track against buffalo

themouth18888
19.08.2007, 09:02 PM
woo hoo our first pre season win!!! c'mon guy's this seems the least used team thread in here! lets show our vocal support to payton's black and golds!!

Halef
19.08.2007, 09:35 PM
I think the Cards thread is actually the least used (the embarrassment...) but I just wanted to say that the Saints looked really good to me last night.
I have always been kinda rooting for them and "adopted" them as my playoff team last year so I wish you guys well for the season!
Except if you play against the Cards, that is ;)

themouth18888
19.08.2007, 09:39 PM
I think the Cards thread is actually the least used (the embarrassment...) but I just wanted to say that the Saints looked really good to me last night.
I have always been kinda rooting for them and "adopted" them as my playoff team last year so I wish you guys well for the season!
Except if you play against the Cards, that is ;)

think your lot could do well!! just had my live draft for my fantasy football and believe it or not my first 2 picks were leinart and boldin!!!! so i am kinda rootin for the cards as well lol

themouth18888
24.08.2007, 10:19 AM
Saints at Chiefs Game Story

Doug Miller, NewOrleansSaints.com
Thursday, August 23, 2007 - 10:45 PM

Kansas City, Mo. - The New Orleans Saints put together their most complete and impressive effort of the 2007 preseason to date, as they traveled to Kansas City and defeated the host Chiefs, 30-7.

“I am very pleased that we came on the road in a tough place and played and play as well as we did,” said Head Coach Sean Payton. “We were crisp. If we were in the regular season I probably wouldn’t have gone for those fourth downs in the first half. But those are some things we will need to work on.”

The once loud and boisterous Arrowhead Stadium crowd watched as the Saints began took their first five possessions and drove deep into the Chiefs territory each time, and in the process turned the noises that were once cheers into groans. The Saints put together two complete and dominant halves of football, silencing the Chiefs in every facet of the game en route to a 13-0 halftime lead and built on it with a handful of impressive efforts throughout the second half.
Reggie Bush ran for 51 yards at KC.

Reggie Bush ran for 51 yards at KC.

“They took their stick out and beat us over the head,” said Chief Head Coach Herman Edwards. “Now we will find out what we are made of. This was a tough night and we didn’t play with any rhythm. I give the Saints a lot of credit.”

When it was all said and done, the Saints out-gained the Chiefs by over 325 yards (479 yards to 153 yards) and dominated the home team in virtually every category.

The first half lead could have been much larger, but the Saints were stopped twice inside the Kansas City five-yard line on fourth down attempts.

As impressive as the Saints were on offense and special teams, the defense was perhaps the story of the night. Since the start of their second preseason game against the Bills, the Saints’ starting defense has yielded only five field goals and zero touchdowns and tonight teamed with the Saints’ second and third teamers to virtually halt the Chiefs on their home turf.

The Saints’ starting offense picked up right where it left off last week in Cincinnati and took their opening drive and marched 77 yards in 11 plays but they were unable to punch the ball into the end zone from the Chiefs’ one-yard line on a fourth-and-goal. On the fourth down goal-line stand by the Chiefs, RB Deuce McAllister was stopped for a two-yard loss by a gaggle of defenders in red and white, led by veteran LB Kendrell Bell.

It proved to be one of the very few setbacks the Saints would experience in the first half, as the Saints managed to out-gain the Chiefs by almost 200 yards (266 to 68).

By virtue of the Saints’ offense being stopped, the Chiefs were forced to begin their second drive deep in their own territory but the Saints didn’t allow them any further than the Chiefs’ 15, thanks in large part to a split sack by MLB Brian Simmons and DT Antwan Lake on QB Brodie Croyle. Croyle, aiming to be the Chiefs’ starter, started the game 1-of-6 passing, largely in part to the Saints’ impressive defensive effort, which consistently pressured and hit Croyle and a pretty much everything else that moved in a red uniform.

The Saints took over at their own 40-yard line on their second possession and began the drive with a seven-yard completion to TE Eric Johnson. QB Drew Brees, who just like last week, began the game with six straight completions, had his first pass hit the ground when he very nearly hooked up on a deep sideline route with WR David Patten.
Will Smith puts a hit on Brodie Croyle

Will Smith puts a hit on Brodie Croyle

"No one has higher expectations that I have for myself," said Brees after the game. "We need to continue to keep working and improving. We took some steps tonight, but need to continue to improve. There is still plenty of work to be done."

Big hits were the name of the game for the Saints’ defense and special teams, as DE Charles Grant, DE Will Smith, S Jay Bellamy and CB Mike McKenzie all applied bone-rattling hits early in the game. CB Jason Craft intercepted a pass in the second quarter and the Saints continued to tighten their vice around the Chiefs’ offense.

On the Saints’ third possession, which began at their own 13, RB Reggie Bush started the drive off with a bang with a blazing off-tackle run for 24 yards to the Saints’ 37. TE Eric Johnson recorded his second reception of the game on a six-yard pass from Brees but was shaken up and needed to be helped off of the field after absorbing a big hit from two Chiefs defenders. Johnson returned to action, though, on the Saints’ next offensive series. Brees and Moore then hooked up for the Saints’ longest play from scrimmage of the 2007 preseason on a 37-yard completion to the Chiefs’ 13. But the Black and Gold once again were forced to accept another Mare FG and led 6-0 with 6:37 left in the second quarter.

The Saints finally cracked the end zone on their fourth offensive possession of the night, when Brees drilled Patten with a dart into the back of the end zone. Brees and Patten showed throughout the first half an almost uncanny connection, often hooking up on a variety of throws that befuddled Kansas City’s veteran secondary.

CB Jason Craft intercepted a Croyle pass intended for WR Eddie Kennison late in the second quarter, but the Saints were unable to get into the end zone. On fourth down, rookie Antonio Pittman was stacked up and unable to pick up the needed one yard that would have put the Saints on the cusp of the Chiefs’ goal line.

The Saints out-gained the Chiefs 266 yards to 68 yards in the first half. QB Drew Brees completed 17-of-19 passes for 182 yards and a touchdown for a passer rating of 124.1 and RB Reggie Bush racked up 51 yards on six carries (8.5 avg.), while David Patten collected 75 yards on six receptions and one score.

The Saints’ defense limited Croyle to three completions on 14 attempts for 40 yards, sacked the former ‘Bama star twice and held him to a passer rating of 9.8. Former Saint Michael Bennett had 27 yards on seven carries.

The Saints began the second half by driving into Chiefs’ territory for the sixth straight time on the evening, thanks in large part to a 15 yard run on a third down by Pittman and a 23-yard pass from Jamie Martin to lance Moore. However the Saints turned the ball over with an interception when a Martin third down pass was tipped and intercepted by DE Jared Allen and returned to the Chiefs’ 49. The Saints actually pushed the Chiefs back four yards before they punted.

The Saints added a 44-yard field goal by Mare early in the fourth quarter, widening their lead to 16-0.

Rookie QB Tyler Palko came in for duty in relief of Martin in the fourth quarter and promptly guided the Saints on a seven play, 73-yard drive in 3:44, capped off by a hard six-yard run by rookie RB Pierre Thomas. The touchdown widened the Saints’ lead to 23-0 early in the fourth and final stanza.

The Chiefs threatened the Saints’ shutout bid by crossing midfield midway through the fourth quarter, but Dhani Jones fired through a gap in the Chiefs’ offensive line and dropped QB Casey Printers for a 13-yard loss on a fourth down and long that took the ball out to midfield.

Thomas continued to impress as he took the next three carries and had gains of 1, 32 and 19 yards for a touchdown. The touchdown run gave the Saints a 30-0 lead with 4:51 left in the game. Through the midway point of the fourth quarter, the Saints had held the Chiefs to under 100 yards of total offense. Thomas, who scored two touchdowns tonight, finished the game with 11 carries for 90 yards.

The Chiefs avoided the shutout when they got on the scoreboard with 1:53 left in the game on a two-yard run by RB Marcus O’Keith.

The Saints will charter back to New Orleans after the game and will return to work on Saturday in preparation for next Thursday’s game against the Miami Dolphins at the Superdome.

"It's a meaningless preseason game," said Patten. "Two weeks from now everyone will have the same record and not remember this at all. It's good to go out and play well, but we need to continue to focus on the larger task at hand and that is to get ready for the season opener and the season."

Rob17a
27.08.2007, 12:03 PM
Can't wait for the season to start now after the impressive pre season win against the Chiefs.

I think Saints have a good chance of making the playoffs again this season. ;D

Steelsister
27.08.2007, 01:51 PM
Saints will definitely make it to the playoffs, and very possibly to the Superbowl. I was heartbroken last year when they didn't, but I suppose Peyton (Manning) was going to get his way eventually.

I'd really like to see the Saints take the Lombardi home this season.

evilmoo
27.08.2007, 03:27 PM
Saints will definitely make it to the playoffs, and very possibly to the Superbowl. I was heartbroken last year when they didn't, but I suppose Peyton (Manning) was going to get his way eventually.

I think thats being a tad optimistic. There are still a lot of questions on the defensive side of the ball. Especially in the secondary and always look vulnerable to the long ball, hell they even look scared of it.

davlar
27.08.2007, 07:57 PM

I think thats being a tad optimistic. There are still a lot of questions on the defensive side of the ball. Especially in the secondary and always look vulnerable to the long ball, hell they even look scared of it.

Fred Thomas would probably be the weakest corner you have, but I think you will most likely make the playoffs. I hope my Panthers give you a good run for your money, though. In a way, it's better we're not favourites this year. Payton's a great coach, though, and your schedule isn't the toughest, so we'll see what happens.

dylaninho@hotmail.com
19.09.2007, 05:06 PM
It's very quiet around here. Dispiriting after eight months of optmism isn't it?

Nevertheless time to nail my colours to the mast.

A reminder of happier times.

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/statitudes/news/2000/12/14/charting_defenses/jackson.jpg

How we could do with him now.

SaintNick
26.09.2007, 08:19 PM
Deuce :'( :'(

Something is going badly wrong, it's like we forgot how to play.

The playcalling is completely different, we've ditched practically every single play from last year that worked well most times it was run.
Most notably the play where we fake the end around to Reggie, and hand it off to Deuce up the middle for a big gain because the DE and LB had to account for Bush's potential in the open field. The play was so effective and after we ran it a couple of times and the coaches could see how well the other team was playing contain on Reggie, we could run it again but hand it to Reggie and he would get a big gain aswell.

Makes you realise just how good last year was.

Going to be interesting to see how Bush handles being the feature back for the first time.

T-Jack7TD
19.10.2007, 02:25 PM
whats up with rob meacherm ive not seen him yet, is he injured?

themouth18888
19.10.2007, 09:29 PM
whats up with rob meacherm ive not seen him yet, is he injured?

he turned up to training camp out of shape and looking rusty!! while trying to get back in shape he injured his ankle im sure it was. he was back in time for preseason and played a bit but not much. he is fit and ready to play but Payton prefers Lance Moore ahead of if him at the mo. the Meachem situation has dissapointed me as i was really looking forward to him playing! i really dont know if he is going to get his chance this year at all.

saints 23
28.10.2007, 11:48 PM
Anyone got any thoughts on the 40th Anniversary Saints Team ?

A little surprised to see Fred McAfee and Michael Lewis in there.

If only Archie had Horn and Stallworth to throw to in his days.

saints 23
29.10.2007, 01:38 AM
i hope in 1-2 years we have a coaching change, payton doesnt cut it for me as head coach. our recieving group is just not gd enough. we need a real number 1 reciever like Horn, Moss, Owens, Ward, etc. someone who will at times make the defense put double coverage on him allowing man to man coverage for Colston or Moore who r number 3 and 2 recievers respectivly.

Spoke too soon, let me just munch my words a little. lol
Where did David Patten come from to catch so many yards ?

themouth18888
29.10.2007, 10:28 AM
he's not exactly an unkown i mean he is a 3 time superbowl winner wi the pats and just had a bad time of it at the Skins, but lets face it over the last few years who hasnt had a bad time there lol!!!!

nfl_harwich_rob
29.10.2007, 12:45 PM
he's not exactly an unkown i mean he is a 3 time superbowl winner wi the pats and just had a bad time of it at the Skins, but lets face it over the last few years who hasnt had a bad time there lol!!!!

I'd take David Patten back right now. He's a good honest guy - professional. Unfortunately, talent-wise he was the 4th best WR on our roster and at-the-time it made sense to release him.

He didn't have a bad time of it in DC. He just fits better into a system dominated by recievers - which it isn't in Washington.

saints 23
29.10.2007, 04:43 PM

Yeah seems like they have (or did have) the talent just not producing.
Patten just came from nowhere , he hasnt as far as i know caught many passes until week 8.

themouth18888
31.10.2007, 02:00 PM
New Orleans Saints QB has had one busy off day. The signal-caller, who was at the Saints’ complex in Metairie this morning to unveil a collector’s item collection of artwork that was created by fabled artist George Rodrigue, continued his good fortune when he was named the NFC Offensive Player of the Week.

Now in his second season with the Saints, Brees had a tremendous day in leading the Saints to their third straight victory when the Saints traveled to SF and defeated the 49ers on Sunday. Brees completed 31 of 39 passes for 336 yards and four touchdowns in the Saints' 31-10 win over the San Francisco 49ers.

“The award is always nice to win,” said Brees. “The reason it is special is because while the award may recognize an individual, it is clearly an award, that in my mind, recognizes the entire team. The offensive line did a tremendous job throughout the day, our receivers made plays all over the field and the running backs were fantastic. And our defense kept giving the ball back to us and gave us chances to get things going offensively and the special teams units did their part all afternoon. It was a complete effort for us.”

Well done Drew you have come through a bad start and shown what a class act you really are!!!

diceman18
05.11.2007, 10:48 PM
great...

I just wanted to talk about jason craft.(obviously the star Cb of the NFL) I mean (lets face it) if you were to describe Craft in one word it would have probably been.....crap. But in the last couple games (literally) he has played well and also i dont know how well Jason David is coping with the defensive scheme hes playing in now, hes has been beaten on many plays so far......wait a minute. O God. Am i sayin that JAson Craft should start on defense? :-X
I guess Jason david just has to adapt quicker....

Also, what you guys think of our kicking situation? (apart from that its bad cos i already know that)

themouth18888
05.11.2007, 11:00 PM
great...

I just wanted to talk about jason craft.(obviously the star Cb of the NFL) I mean (lets face it) if you were to describe Craft in one word it would have probably been.....crap. But in the last couple games (literally) he has played well and also i dont know how well Jason David is coping with the defensive scheme hes playing in now, hes has been beaten on many plays so far......wait a minute. O God. Am i sayin that JAson Craft should start on defense? :-X
I guess Jason david just has to adapt quicker....

Also, what you guys think of our kicking situation? (apart from that its bad cos i already know that)

dont think i have seen you on this site before so welcome!

we need to address the kicking situation very quicky!! we had a few kickers try out a few weeks ago i dont know what came of that to be honest. the thing with David is that he is a decent player it is as you say the whole adapting the system thing where he is concerned. things are starting to look alot more rosy (kicking fg's aside!) now if only Meacham could show why he was a 1st round pick it would give us another weapon on the wideout for Brees to play with! i am just glad that Bush has been a standout for us this year, if you were to go back to the start of the season you have no idea the amount of stick he was getting from fans of all the other teams on this site(most of whom prob now wish they had someone like him in their team!)

themouth18888
12.11.2007, 05:35 PM
Excellent news about Meachem have been waiting for him to start getting fit and show what he can do for a while now! Make no mistake about him he can play ball he is good for picking up yards after the catch, and hopefully he can soon add to our potent attack!

themouth18888
21.11.2007, 09:25 PM
Ok guys i was looking at making some sort of website for us UK Saints but was wondering what your views are on this? would you guys use it all? would u be willing to contribute articles photos etc to the page??? just dont want to waste my time! If i was to do it i would try and get some sort of tie/link with the New orlean saints if possible any feedback would be more than welcome cheers!

diceman18
21.11.2007, 10:21 PM
Ok guys i was looking at making some sort of website for us UK Saints but was wondering what your views are on this? would you guys use it all? would u be willing to contribute articles photos etc to the page??? just dont want to waste my time! If i was to do it i would try and get some sort of tie/link with the New orlean saints if possible any feedback would be more than welcome cheers!

Q. Who would it be for anyway? Like how many 'Uk saints fans' are there who would use this...or is it mainly for people on this site..or what? Jus wondering

themouth18888
09.12.2007, 12:03 PM
A Sitdown with Saints QB Drew Brees

Doug Miller, NewOrleansSaints.com
Friday, December 07, 2007 - 9:00 AM

Q: Was having two days off a good way to mentally get back into things?

Brees: "Definitely, to get away one extra day was good and it gave us time for guys to get it out of your mind."

Q: Did you notice a difference in the emotional state of your teammates?

Brees: "Obviously even though we’re in Monday and on Tuesday and Wednesday we’re technically off, you’re never really off. I saw a lot of guys in here, whether it was getting treatment or whether it was out here in the weight room, catching balls, watching film. I think guys were looking forward to this day when we could all come back and truly put that last one behind us and start moving on to the next one. Monday night, in Atlanta, a big divisional game, obviously for us, a must win. We still feel good about our chances."

Q: Before the start of the season, did you have a number in mind in terms of how many wins you thought you could get?

Brees: "I always do and it’s not even that I go through the list of games and say WWW,L, that’s a tough one. I don’t do that. I just get in my mind that this is something to shoot for. You obviously have to set goals and have a purpose. Obviously each time you go out there you’re trying to win that game. I think in the scheme of things you talk about what’s going to get us in the playoffs, what’s going to help us win the division, what’s going to get us the first round bye and sometimes you never know, but obviously you set goals for yourself."

Q: Are you surprised about where you are right now?

Brees: "Yes, I’m disappointed, surprised, but we still have a chance, that’s all that matters."

Q: Coach Payton’s play calling has been criticized and applauded over the last couple of years, mostly applauded. Do you think that with an aggressive play caller, the plusses come with the minuses?

Brees: "I guess that there’s always going to be critics, no matter how much success you have, there’s always going to be people. I love his aggressive mentality personally. It gives me a lot of confidence and I think it does for our offense. We feel like he’s calling these plays because he trusts us. He trusts us to make the plays and when they’re not there to just get it to the next down. For me, I love it as a quarterback."

Q: What stands out to you as he has dealt with this season?

Brees: "I think he’s done a phenomenal job. It’s not easy, especially when you go through a four game skid early on. I think that was a shock to everybody, but especially to people in our room, because of the expectations. When you start off 0-4, people are saying, “What the heck is going on?” For each week for him to come in, it takes a lot of thought and creativity. Part of your job as a head coach is to get your guys ready to go win games, creating that mindset for them, creating that attitude for them. That’s hard to do at times, especially when you’re kind of going through that slump where it’s easy to doubt yourself. He’s done a great job through those ups and downs and he’s had us ready to play."

Q: What is he good at?

Brees: "Game plans, but just a thought process more than anything. If you don’t come out on the practice field with a thought process in mind, maybe just goals for that week, you end up just kind of going through the motions. When you can lay it out on Wednesday. For example, this week we have to take care of the football, ball security, priority number one, then I think the emphasis all that week is that I’m going to tuck it away a little bit tighter. Defensively, they’re thinking we’re going to make it a little bit more of an emphasis. I absolutely think it carries over to the game."

Q: Do you almost hope Coach calls that play again?

Brees: "All I’m going to say is this, if you think our head coach or us as an offense is going to be gun shy, you’re crazy. Aggressiveness, that’s what we do, that’s what we are."

Q: Do you almost hope he calls that again?

Brees: "Absolutely, about five times."

Q: How tired are you hearing about the play?

Brees: "As heartbreaking as that loss was, now that we’re beyond it and people keep talking and talking about it, there’s nothing you can do but smile and laugh and say we’ll show them."

Q: What can you take from that first Atlanta meeting and how they’re playing now?

Brees: "I think defensively, obviously what I’m focusing on, they’re solid. They’re number one in the league in third down efficiency, which when we talk about us on offense, it’s something I thin we’ve been pretty good at. We could definitely get better at it. You talk about sustaining drives, getting points, getting your own defense off the field, all those things, that becomes a huge challenge, especially going on the road in a tough environment on Monday Night Football and all those things. I feel like they played pretty well. They came out this last week, struggled a little bit in the first half and played very well in the second half and gave their offense a chance to win the game. We expect their best game."

Q: Do you think you’ll keep watching the scoreboard since you’re playing on Monday?

Brees: "There’s more games after this one? All I know about is this one game. All we know about is one Monday night game."

Q: Reggie Bush took last week’s circumstances and loss very hard. What do you tell him as a quarterback and leader?

Brees: "Keep your head up. It’s happened to the best of us. It’s happened to everybody and you’re going to get more opportunities. When the game’s on the line, we’re going to put the ball in your hands, we’re going to put the ball in my hands. We’re going to put the ball in a lot of guys’ hands. We trust Reggie Bush. I think that’s a confidence vote for him. Obviously he’s a young player. Sometimes these things happen. It’s not when it happens, it’s how you respond."

Q: Do you like the way he’s responding?

Brees: "Yes. Obviously it’s one day back to practice. I think all of us are very ready to move on."

Q: You work with coach Payton closer than most people. Do you see the toll this season has taken on him?

Brees: "I don’t think he shows those emotions a whole lot. As a head coach, it’s just got to be always being able to push so much negative aside and trying to find positive, trying to overcome some of those things. Obviously the goal for him is how can I put this team in the best position to succeed? Obviously it’s trying to motivate, trying to help our guys find the focus from week to week. Obviously the motivation was here today, we’re all self motivated. He comes here on Wednesdays and says, “Guys this is what we need to do”. It becomes that this is our focus offensively and this is what we need to do defensively and on special teams. I think he’s been very good about that, very even keel, obviously there are those times where there is a sense of urgency here, no messing around, this is what we have to do or forget about it. I think he’s done a good job of emphasizing those things."

Q: Is this one of those weeks?

Brees: "This is one of those weeks."

Q: When you look at someone for example like Jon Gruden and how now everybody thinks he’s a good coach again, but last year they were last in the division. Do you think Payton kind of knows having been in the NFL ten years, kind of knows that it just goes that way sometimes.

Brees: "Yes. He’s been on great teams and he’s been on not so good teams. I think we all have. I don’t think anybody’s gone through this thing all roses. There’s going to be struggles. Especially as a head coach, this is his second year as a head coach, you’re coming off a year like last which is storybook and I think we all understand, it’s not always like that. You’re going to have to fight through some things. Personally, I think he’s done a very good job of that."

http://www.nfluk.com/usersession_new.php?board=1;action=display;threadi d=30785

5aints0wn4ll
09.12.2007, 03:59 PM
Dunno who the 2nd runing back will be on monday withe stecker seeming to be the only RB we have fit but saints website says Jamaal Branch ??? is a possibility with Reggie being injured and Pierre Thomas still not 100% dunno what anybody else thinks but i think we are probably more lickely to have succes if we run the ball against the dogie rush defence of the falcons

Chris Hermitage
09.12.2007, 04:40 PM
Dunno who the 2nd runing back will be on monday withe stecker seeming to be the only RB we have fit but saints website says Jamaal Branch ??? is a possibility with Reggie being injured and Pierre Thomas still not 100% dunno what anybody else thinks but i think we are probably more lickely to have succes if we run the ball against the dogie rush defence of the falcons

surely it will be McAllister and Stecker

themouth18888
09.12.2007, 05:21 PM

surely it will be McAllister and Stecker

You are joking??

SaintNick
09.12.2007, 07:28 PM
Haha.

Oh, what I would do for Deuce right now.

Chris Hermitage
09.12.2007, 08:18 PM
what is up with him then as i am clearly missing something due to your reaction

themouth18888
09.12.2007, 08:20 PM
what is up with him then as i am clearly missing something due to your reaction

He has been out injured pretty much all season!

Chris Hermitage
10.12.2007, 04:51 PM
oh right, i figurred he must hav been injured cos stecker came in but according to NFL.com he is no longer injured as is the starter 2night on the depth chart for the game but i guess we will hav to wait and see

SaintNick
10.12.2007, 05:04 PM
He was put on IR in week 3.

Chris Hermitage
10.12.2007, 07:02 PM
lets hope colston puts up some big numbers then

themouth18888
12.12.2007, 10:58 PM
Olindo Mare has been placed on IR and we have signed the former Bucs, Cowboys, Colts & Pats kicker Martin Gramatica!!

http://sports.aol.com/fanhouse/2007/12/12/olindo-mare-out-saints-add-martin-gramatica/

themouth18888
18.12.2007, 05:42 PM
Right guys take 5 seconds of your team to vote for Brees here!!

http://www.nfl.com/partner?partnerType=players-air-and-ground

(just copy and paste the link doesnt seem to work!)

themouth18888
21.12.2007, 03:31 AM
You have to check this out its hillarious even if you are not a Saints fan!!

http://saintsreport.com/forums/showthread.php?t=55564

uksaintsfan
31.12.2007, 02:44 PM

Suggest you check this out and contact the guys who run this - they even appeared in a TP article this year over in NO.

http://www.britishsaints.com/

diceman18
01.01.2008, 04:16 PM
Has anyone else seen that pierre thomas isnt even a nominee for rookie of the week? (i know a couple of you guys get a bit ticked off when a saint gets snubbed)
http://www.nfl.com/ (full link to page wont work)

PT's stats: 20 carries for 105 yards
12 rec. for 121 yards and 1td (226 all purpose yards)

I sure think he deserves at least a nomination...especially since he got more total yards than all of the nominees. inc. the qb's....

themouth18888
01.01.2008, 04:39 PM
Has anyone else seen that pierre thomas isnt even a nominee for rookie of the week? (i know a couple of you guys get a bit ticked off when a saint gets snubbed)

http://www.nfl.com/ (full link to page wont work)

PT's stats: 20 carries for 105 yards
12 rec. for 121 yards and 1td (226 all purpose yards)

I sure think he deserves at least a nomination...especially since he got more total yards than all of the nominees. inc. the qb's

I am one of those guys lol!! This is an absolute disgrace he hasnt even been nominated he should have been a cert to win it!

Boltman
01.01.2008, 04:43 PM
You have to check this out its hillarious even if you are not a Saints fan!!

http://saintsreport.com/forums/showthread.php?t=55564

;D

themouth18888
18.01.2008, 12:29 PM
This is on one of the Saints forums I am on, I know it's another mock draft but this guy has taken some time to sit and work this out correct and it makes some sense as well.
http://saintsreport.com/forums/showthread.php?p=892186&posted=1#post892186

themouth18888
19.01.2008, 10:49 PM
The man says he will be back so he will be Go Deuce!!

http://www.wwltv.com/sports/stories/wwl011808tpinjuries.34cd12f0.html

SaintNick
20.01.2008, 11:08 PM
Thoughts on the announcement?

If given the choice of seeing Chargers/Raiders@Saints in the Superdome or Wembley(Or those other crappy stadiums). The Dome would win every time.

But the thought of DEEEEEEUUUUUUUUUUUUCE running wild in Wembley gives me goosebumps.

themouth18888
20.01.2008, 11:13 PM
It would be good to see the Saints i just dont want loads of badwaggon fans on here! The idea of seing the saints on the TV all the time is brilliant tho!

SaintNick
20.01.2008, 11:16 PM
We're already on loads ;D.

Fans are fans, we're in short supply over here.

Richard J
21.01.2008, 12:25 AM
Woah just found this thread.

Man I must be blind!

Good to see there are a few more saints fans than I thought.

Ive been a saints fan since 05 following games on the net and so on, but now ive got sky sports Im taking more of an interest. I am now a hardcore New Orleans Saints fan!

What other sites/forums do you guys recommend for saints new/info Etc?

Glad to meet you all! ;D

Richard J
21.01.2008, 12:26 AM

Man I must be blind!

Ive been a saints fan since 05 following games on the net and so on, but now ive got sky sports Im taking more of an interest. I am now a hardcore New Orleans Saints fan!

Glad to meet you all!

themouth18888
21.01.2008, 12:29 AM

Man I must be blind!

Glad to meet you all!

Welcome glad to have more Saints fans on board, here is another site I am on often:
http://saintsreport.com/

NW Saints Fan
21.01.2008, 01:52 PM
I have finally found it! Woo,

I was looking all over for a saints thread!

So, im Manchester Saints Fan, AKA Lee, 17, Droylsden, Manchester.

So how are all us saints fans doing?

themouth18888
21.01.2008, 02:10 PM

Welcome to the Site Lee! glad to have another fan on board, it's hard to find the Saints thread as it is hardly ever used (there arent many Saints fans on here).

NW Saints Fan
21.01.2008, 02:16 PM

Welcome to the Site Lee! glad to have another fan on board, it's hard to find the Saints thread as it is hardly ever used (there arent many Saints fans on here).

I know, tell me about it! Gutted that the saints didnt get to the play off's this season, but we will next season! Any bets!

themouth18888
21.01.2008, 02:20 PM
We will be back! Big Deuce is coming back from injury, We have a good draft pick and plenty of Cap room to improve our secondary and maybe get another good WR to partner Coslton, also Meachem should see alot of game time this year as well so I am pretty confident about our chances next year!

NW Saints Fan
21.01.2008, 02:21 PM
We will be back! Big Deuce is coming back from injury, We have a good draft pick and plenty of Cap room to improve our secondary and maybe get another good WR to partner Coslton, also Meachem should see alot of game time this year as well so I am pretty confident about our chances next year!

There is only one Reggie Bush though, could i maybe have a team list as this is my full first season watching the Saints.

Cheers,

Lee

themouth18888
21.01.2008, 02:25 PM
No problem! If this is your first season watching you will not have seen much of Deuce McAllister or simply known as Deuce to us Saints fans! Having him out was bad for us this season he also helped Bush out alot last year! have alook at this it has all our players on it.

http://www.neworleanssaints.com/Team/Roster.aspx

Richard J
21.01.2008, 05:46 PM
Deuce was dearly missed this season because without him it was hard to vary the running game and have any sucess.

Bush is a great speed guy, but big deuce is a monster and great at running through the tackles.

Together, Bush and Deuce are one hell of a one two combo!

zorro37
21.01.2008, 06:04 PM
Saints offseason checklist:
5 new defensive starters and lots of depth.
(Replace these guys:
DT Brian Young - Injured and an UFA
OLB Scott Shanle - The Shanle has failed to find his magic
MLB Mark Simoneau - WOW! Was that a Simoneau sighting? Do my eyes decieve me or did he just run towards the ball carrier?
CB Jason David - *Insert massive picture of toast and a roast dinner here*
CB Mike McKenzie - By far the best player we have on defence, but bad injury looks to affect him into next year.
FS Josh Bullocks - You can blame David all you want, but the fact is most of the time he got burnt it was because Bullocks bit on a play fake or short slant. He is horrible.

Backup QB - Possibly another Palko type. Jamie Martin is what, 70?

Bruising RB - If Deuce can come back healthy, which I pray he is, we're set in the backfield, but as of now Pierre is still an UDFA rookie who had one good game.

2 more WRs - Droppery has to go. Keep Lance Moore and Terrance Copper. Currently Colston Meachem Patten Moore Copper, bring in a young slot reciever like Berrian if we can afford it.

TE - Miller has been great, but not consistant. Eric Johnson has been average, but the 2 drops for picks against the texans have cost him a contract. A 3rd for Jeremy Shockey, or drafting a good one would do well.

RT, LG, C Depth/Starters - Jon Stinchcomb and Jamar Nesbit are really revolving doors on the line. The choice between Faine, who is a solid starter, and Goodwin, who was far better than Faine in the games he filled in for him, is an interesting battle. One has to go. Alan Faneca please.

And, most important of all, if we are in the Wembley game make sure the few actual Saints fans in the UK get tickets.

My Mock Draft at the minute is:
1: Sed Ellis, DT, USC
2: Jerod Mayo, MLB, Tenn.
3: Dominique Rodgers Cromartie, CB, Tenn. St.
4: Jacob Tamme, TE, Kentucky
And take an OLB, CB and WR with the last 3 picks.

diceman18
21.01.2008, 06:11 PM
I agree with 'zorro' in that we definitly need WR's. As ive said before, it would definetly help if next season Meachem can get more receptions than drew brees:D...
Also i had hopes for devery developing into a solid number 2 guy but it has become even more apparent that he cant really catch the mutha :oing ball...not the solid number 2 i was hoping for.... (serious apologies) ;D

btw i dont think we should take a DT in the first round, purely cos our linebacking and secondary corps are much worse than our line...not saying it wont happen or anything ;)

zorro37
21.01.2008, 06:21 PM
btw i dont think we should take a DT in the first round, purely cos our linebacking and secondary core are much worse

It's an age old arguement, but the fact is that a lot of the time this year, due to the massive drop off in the play of Grant, Smith, Young and Thomas on the D Line, opposing QBs had weeks to sit in the pocket, have a drink, look up whats on TV that evening etc.
They then had a quick glance up to see that Roman Harper and Mike McKenzie were on their men like glue on one side. On the other Josh Bullocks had just bitten on a slant and Jason David's man was off to the races. Then they could just float one right on target for the TD.

Stick big Sed Ellis in for the aging and injured Brian Young, and see how often Jason David would get beat when the Qb doesn't even have time to see his recievers before 300 pounds of USC defensive tackle hits him like a bullet.

Ellis is close to the level of the great Glenn Dorsey (At least we have LSU right ;)), and Ellis and James Laurinaitis are the few players in college this year who would waltz in and improve the Saints defense right away. Laurinaitis has chosen to return to school. As has his teammate Malcolm Jenkins, meaning there is no CB worthy of the 10 overall pick we hold. The only other 2 players I think might be there at 10 and are great defensive playmakers are Keith Rivers, USC's great OLB and the U's Kenny Phillips at safety.

Richard J
21.01.2008, 10:10 PM
Obviously you guys know college football. I havent got a clue!

What is the best way to keep up to date with it, as this will help me when it comes to talent in the draft.

I take it your LSU fans 8)

themouth18888
21.01.2008, 10:22 PM
I think we will draft Phillips in the 1st round as I dont believe there are any CB's out there worthy of being drafted at no 10 so for our CB we need to go to FA. As mentioned we need a serious upgrade from Bulllocks so this would work well. If he is not available at our pick then i think we will draft best player available which could be on offense!! WR Jackson maybe, he is a good punt returner as well, Something we badly need. To go over some of the things that Zorro brought up I agree with most of what he said but I like Palko we aint gonna find any better so late in the draft which is were we would be maybe be looking for a QB. at TE I think we should try and draft one 3rd-4th round as a project I am more than happy with Billy Miller he came up big for us a few time this year not so much Johnson. I would rather see Moore & Copper leave before Henderson, yes he dropped many a pass but whats to say that next season he isnt back to being a half decent WR? Would still like to get a WR in FA Berrian or Bryant Johnson would be good along with Colston, Patten & hopefully Meachem that would offer Brees some differant options we could even try and draft one very late on Payton could try for another small school stud thats how we got Colston remember. Anway that's all!! Just glad we finally have people using this thread :D

zorro37
21.01.2008, 10:32 PM

What is the best way to keep up to date with it, as this will help me when it comes to talent in the draft.

I started at the beginning of the season.
If you own a PS3, go on ebay and buy a copy of the game NCAA Football 08. It is way better than Madden and you will be reciting players names off in no time.

Also the games are shown live on NASN which is avaliable on sky. (SEC SEC SEC)

LSU are the reigning national champions so support them ;D
I love College Football as it brings in a lot of new aspects to the game like trick plays and recruiting.

If you want good info on College football in terms of the draft try www.nfldraftcountdown.com. It is a very good site for rankings of players and their forums and blog posts update you on who is going to be avaliable when. Their latest mock has us taking Keith Rivers.

Posted by: Brees-2-Colston Posted on: Today at 10:22:30pm
I think we will draft Phillips in the 1st round as I dont believe there are any CB's out there worthy of beinf drafted at no 10. As mentioned we need a serious upgrade from Bulllocks so this would work well. If he is not available at our pick then i think we will draft best player available which could be on offense!! WR Jackson maybe he is a good punt returner as well something we badly need. to go over some of the things that Zorro brought up I agree with most of what he said but I like Palko we aint gonna find any better so late in the draft which is were we would be maybe be looking for a QB. at TE I think we should try and draft one 3rd-4th round as a project I am more than happy with Billy Miller he came up big for us a few time this year not so much Johnson. I would rather see Moore & Copper leave before Henderson, yes he dropped many a pass but whats to say that next season he isnt back to being a half decent WR? Would still like to get a WR in FA Berrian or Bryant Johnson would be good along with Colston, Patten & hopefully Meachem that would offer Brees some differant options we could even try and draft one very late on Payton could try for another small school stud thats how we got Colston remember. Anway that all!! Just glad we finally have people using this thread
I am a Phillips fan but don't think he is top 10 material either. Only Glenn Dorsey, Keith Rivers, Sedrick Ellis, Vernon Goulston and Chris Long are defensive players that wouldn't be reaches at the 10 pick IMO.

If we picked DeSean Jackson over any defensive player at number 10, without making a lot of moves in free agency, I would lose a lot of faith in Coach Payton and our scouting team.

At QB, I think we are better being safe than sorry. Fact is Palko was great in preseason but he is still an UDFA who Payton is developing. We are very lucky in that we have the premier coach in the league for developing young QBs (Ever heard of Tony Romo? What he is today is all Sean Payton). Another blank slate at the #3 QB spot would do no harm.
I think we have to accept that if Brees gets injured there is absolutely no chance of us playing remotely like we normally do. Drew Brees is our offense.

NW Saints Fan
22.01.2008, 01:03 PM
Thanks to all the saints fans who have helped me, and yes this was my first full season watching the Super Saints.! ;D

diceman18
22.01.2008, 05:08 PM
Looking back on it, i think its fair to say that last year we had somewhat of a 'take a crap' draft in that only a couple guys were actually active for any of the games. ;)

I guess we'll see about meachem but i think its important to get some draftees making an impact next season, especially on defense.

evilmoo
22.01.2008, 05:39 PM

Being a student at LSU i class myself as a fan ;)
Saints fan because of this.
Best way to keep up is NASN, and the LSU tigers sports website is pretty handy too

Richard J
22.01.2008, 06:11 PM
Cheers for the info guys, much appreciated.

I will be following college football as well as the NFL from now on ;D

themouth18888
23.01.2008, 12:02 AM
We have signed a CB what you guys think?

http://saintsreport.com/forums/showthread.php?t=59566

JammyHure
23.01.2008, 04:34 PM
Zorro u a big down and micky Linden man? Just seen ur pic on that saints link! Im from Castlederg in Tyrone!

zorro37
23.01.2008, 05:40 PM
Zorro u a big down and micky Linden man? Just seen ur pic on that saints link! Im from Castlederg in Tyrone!

I am yes.
McKenna Cup final here we come! ;D

zorro37
23.01.2008, 06:27 PM
http://www.nola.com/sports/index.ssf/2008/01/saints_hire_orgeron_as_defensi.html
The Saints have hired former Ole Miss Head Coach Ed Orgeron as their defensive line coach. Orgeron replaces Marion Hobby, who left to become defensive coordinator at Duke.

This is a great hire. In college at UM he made the D Line the strong point of their team, and coached the likes of Patrick Willis into elite players. He is one of the best in the business in this area of the game and brings a wealth of knowledge. Expect great years from Charles Grant, Will Smith and Hollis Thomas in 08.

Richard J
23.01.2008, 07:26 PM
Looks like Payton is making the right moves so far with regards to D.

Thinks are looking up chaps ;D

evilmoo
23.01.2008, 09:01 PM
http://www.nola.com/sports/index.ssf/2008/01/saints_hire_orgeron_as_defensi.html
The Saints have hired former Ole Miss Head Coach Ed Orgeron as their defensive line coach. Orgeron replaces Marion Hobby, who left to become defensive coordinator at Duke.

This is a great hire. In college at UM he made the D Line the strong point of their team, and coached the likes of Patrick Willis into elite players. He is one of the best in the business in this area of the game and brings a wealth of knowledge. Expect great years from Charles Grant, Will Smith and Hollis Thomas in 08.

And he has a hilarious voice too

diceman18
23.01.2008, 09:26 PM
^^^^^^^
haha..yeh he sounds just like the cookie monster ;D

themouth18888
26.01.2008, 08:15 PM
Seen this on another forum and thought it was funny!

Drew Breesus

http://gridironfans.com/forums/image.php?u=607&dateline=1200706916

zorro37
27.01.2008, 11:06 AM
Saints are playing in Wembley ;D
Thats like the best news ever.

I'd like to echo what I said in another thread though, taking a home game off the city of New Orleans is bad enough, but if they replace it with Wembley, and have 2 or 3 Saints fans at a Saints home game because the other 20 or so couldn't get tickets is a farce.

We need to somehow make sure all us Who Dats can get tickets.

Rob17a
27.01.2008, 11:35 AM
Its good news that the Saints are coming to the UK in '08, as long as all us Who Dats follow the correct procedure for obtaining tickets, when details are finally released, I don't think there should be too much of a problem getting them.

diceman18
27.01.2008, 11:38 AM
Is that 100% gonna happen though?
I can just imagine them announcing some other crap game.

As for this game slightly screwing over certain people in New Orleans financially/economically, having the draft there would certainly make up for it.

dorotheajn
27.01.2008, 04:05 PM
Its good news that the Saints are coming to the UK in '08, as long as all us Who Dats follow the correct procedure for obtaining tickets, when details are finally released, I don't think there should be too much of a problem getting them.

Advise wanted please. I tried to get tickets for last years Giants-Dolphins game and failed. It would break my heart if Saints were playing in the UK and I weren't there. It is after all only a couple of hours flight away.

Another question - Where do Saints fans in England party before games. I have been tailgating at the Superdome in NO, but what are the English traditions ??

Catbird
27.01.2008, 04:07 PM

but what are the English traditions ??

Wetherspoons

LA_Steve
27.01.2008, 09:46 PM
Thats what they are saying.

http://www.signonsandiego.com/sports...32-london.html

Ok where can I get tickets, and where is the best place to get crawfish in London? Er, uh crayfish as you say ;)

Biz1983
27.01.2008, 09:55 PM

Ok where can I get tickets, and where is the best place to get crawfish in London? Er, uh crayfish as you say ;)

This site will give out the info as soon as it is available.

evilmoo
27.01.2008, 11:06 PM

Crawfish is naaaaaasty

Richard J
29.01.2008, 08:08 PM
Uhh, silly question, but who is excited about the saints coming to the UK?

WOOOT! ;D

Saint Spike
29.01.2008, 08:32 PM
Uhh, silly question, but who is excited about the saints coming to the UK?

WOOOT! ;D

Well, sorry to put a downer on things lads, but im 50/50. :-\

I really wanted to go to New Orleans for my first Saints game, and experiance the whole package.

But then again seeing the Saints in the UK is better than not seeing them at all i guess ;)

(to all you guys who have been to a Saints game, im sorry for being greedy, but thats how i imagined it ! )

diceman18
29.01.2008, 08:45 PM
Alot (ok a few) of people r saying that they would massively prefer to go to NO (for their first game), but i dont quite understand the whole issue with the first game thing (granted it would be a completely different experience but why is your first game so important)...nyway if u really want to go before october you can or even better, the UK game will be between the chiefs and the bucs ;)

Saint Spike
29.01.2008, 08:57 PM
Alot (ok a few) of people r saying that they would massively prefer to go to NO (for their first game), but i dont quite understand the whole issue with the first game thing (granted it would be a completely different experience but why is your first game so important)...nyway if u really want to go before october you can or even better, the UK game will be between the chiefs and the bucs ;)

I dont really know why, its just how ive imagined my first Saints game.

I have thought about going to the US before the UK game (thats if i even get tickets!), but its the £££, i was planning on getting a new car......

..... oh well, i can get a new car anytime, Saints in the UK i cant get anytime :P :)

zorro37
29.01.2008, 09:27 PM
It's not just a Saints game I'd like to go to. I want to go to Mardi Gras, Bourbon St., Baton Rouge, Death Valley, all round the state.
For the past year it's been a confounded dream of mine, that I could just take a year out of life, and go to New Orleans, get Hornets, Voodoo, LSU and Saints season tickets, and have a great time. That is how I imagined my first Saints game experience.
It's quite hard to explain, but I just wanted my first Saints game to be a win, in the Dome, with all my favorite players. I guess it's not going to happen but I can keep dreaming it.
It just won't feel the same if I can get tickets to Wembley, but I would jump at the chance.
I would say I am thinking about this more than 10 times a day. If I am sitting in school, bored, on a dull day, with rain pouring outside, I just stare out the window and imagine the Dome on a beautiful sunny day, surrounded by Saints fans. It just has this aura in my mind.
Maybe I'm crazy, I don't know. ;)
If I get to Wembley, it might even motivate me to organise that trip sooner than later.

Saint Spike
29.01.2008, 09:39 PM
It's not just a Saints game I'd like to go to. I want to go to Mardi Gras, Bourbon St., Baton Rouge, Death Valley, all round the state.
For the past year it's been a confounded dream of mine, that I could just take a year out of life, and go to New Orleans, get Hornets, Voodoo, LSU and Saints season tickets, and have a great time. That is how I imagined my first Saints game experience.
It's quite hard to explain, but I just wanted my first Saints game to be a win, in the Dome, with all my favorite players. I guess it's not going to happen but I can keep dreaming it.
It just won't feel the same if I can get tickets to Wembley, but I would jump at the chance.
I would say I am thinking about this more than 10 times a day. If I am sitting in school, bored, on a dull day, with rain pouring outside, I just stare out the window and imagine the Dome on a beautiful sunny day, surrounded by Saints fans. It just has this aura in my mind.
If I get to Wembley, it might even motivate me to organise that trip sooner than later.

Now that sounds like one hell of a year, thats what id love to do too, best keep buying those Euro-millions tickets ;)

Richard J
29.01.2008, 09:45 PM

I too have plans to visit New Orleans, not only for the Saints, but for the culture and everything else. But, for me, thats gonna be a few years away due to a cash flow problem, which most people have these days!

I just hope I get there in time before they build a new stadium, I really want to visit the superdome, and here thousands of fans sreaming "Who dat say dey gonna beat dem saints? Who dat? Who dat?

Moody
30.01.2008, 09:47 AM
New Orleans is cool went there about 7 years ago when was backpacking round the states. Some bits of it are very intimidating though when I was there with me mate we got a car pretending to do a driveby on us these blokes drove round the bloke then came screeching upto us with the window down and 2 guns pointing at us then they drove off laughing. Got lots of racial abuse when walked to the cemeteries like the ones in one of the James Bond films, we had to walk there past the old workhouses was an experience. But the french Quater is wicked I was drunk pretty much the whole time I was there girls get there baps out all the time the music in the bars is cool its excellent been told not to go for Mardi Gras as its rubbish far too crowded to enjoy and anyway every night is busy anyway can be like Mardi Gras everyday

dorotheajn
30.01.2008, 07:02 PM
I love New Orleans. I have been there 5 times and have attended games in the Superdome.

I love the culture. Even though I have travelled over most of Europe, and the US as well, I keep coming back to NO. A Saints game in the Superdome is an experience of a lifetime.

We have been to NO both pre and post Katrina. Last time we spend a week working with "habitat for humanity" before the game. Even though the French quarter and the garden district looks like they did before the STORM, a lot of NO does not. There is still so much to do, and it is unbelievable how much destruction is still visible in some areas. If anyone can find the money to go, this is the time. N.O. needs tourist to come and visit and spend money.

That said, I will be at the game in London. I'll take any Saints game I can get

DarrenSQh
01.02.2008, 11:07 PM
Should hopefully get tickets for the game at wembley next season so that will be my first saints game but im saving up to go over to new orleans in 2009 as thats when i turn 21 and would want a beer while im there.

evilmoo
03.02.2008, 05:11 AM
New Orleans is cool went there about 7 years ago when was backpacking round the states. Some bits of it are very intimidating though when I was there with me mate we got a car pretending to do a driveby on us these blokes drove round the bloke then came screeching upto us with the window down and 2 guns pointing at us then they drove off laughing. Got lots of racial abuse when walked to the cemeteries like the ones in one of the James Bond films, we had to walk there past the old workhouses was an experience. But the french Quater is wicked I was drunk pretty much the whole time I was there girls get there baps out all the time the music in the bars is cool its excellent been told not to go for Mardi Gras as its rubbish far too crowded to enjoy and anyway every night is busy anyway can be like Mardi Gras everyday

You're crazy. I just got back from New Orleans tonight (drunk as hell - only home now cos two of my friends passed out) and it was the first day of Mardi Gras and it was INSANE.
I saw so many breasts, drank so much cheap alcohol and talked to so many cool people from all across America. Oh and the parades were ok too.
Go visit Mardi Gras haha

zorro37
22.02.2008, 06:53 PM
Though I'd send this back to the top with some tidbits of Saints information from the last week, in which we have been very active, surprising really.

Zach Thomas and Dan Morgan visited the Saints on Wednesday and Monday respectively.

The Saints offered a contract to Thomas.

Adam Schefter of NFL Network is reporting that initial estimates of New Orleans having $27 million cap space were way off, he thinks it is just under $40 million. That's massive news for us, especially our offseason hopes. We could afford to fill all needs, sign all our draft picks, and even splurge on some luxuries we have no major need for, and still have some left over.

DraftDaddy.com is reporting we are showing interest in Chargers RB Michael 'Burner' Turner. They also think we are top choice for him, as their sources think Deuce's rehab is not going well. :(

Rotoworld thinks we are one of the massive list of teams competing for Alge Crumpler.

J Vilma of the Jets is being shopped. We might look to him if Thomas passes.

Lito Sheppard's history in man coverage, and the fact the Eagles are looking to deal him, could well mean we might move for him.

The fact that Asamogha and Trufant were tagged means the two top corners for the Saints to look at in FA are gone. We could pay massive money for Asante Samuel or risk it on Drayton Florence. We need a cornerback out of free agency regardless of what happens in the draft.

That's all for now.
We our name being spun around the league for various reasons I have no doubt we have begun a very productive offseason.

diceman18
22.02.2008, 07:02 PM
whoah...i can only hope that any of this happens...cos usually it doesnt.

How badly is Mcallister's rehab going? Is it really bad enough for us to get someone like Turner? i guess deuce is not exactly young though anyway

zorro37
22.02.2008, 07:25 PM
whoah...i can only hope that any of this happens...cos usually it doesnt.

How badly is Mcallister's rehab going? Is it really bad enough for us to get someone like Turner? i guess deuce is not exactly young though anyway

I couldn't tell you how well it is going, but he is rehabbing with the best expert at sport's injuries there is.

The same guy who helped Drew Brees come back from shredding the insides of his arm in San Diego to 1 game away from the super bowl with us.

This is a pretty delicate situation considering it was only 2005 when Deuce tore his first ACL, and then in week 3 2007 he tore the other one.

All Saints fans know how Deuce plays, and realistically you cannot play that way after 2 potentially career ending injuries in your legs.

If anyone can do this it is Deuce McAllister though. His heart, determination and the value he holds the fans is unparalled in the NFL. Directly after the injury he took out a full page ad in the biggest New Orleans paper at a cost of 5 figures to himself to thank the Saints fans for his support and say that no matter what happens he will always be a Saint.

Reggie is not going to be that power back so if the 'sources' are true, which there is a 50/50 chance they are from our perspective, then it will be interesting whether we change up our offense to suit Reggie, sign another back, or bring in Pierre Thomas or Aaron Stecker. Unfortunately we saw how we did without Deuce, our running game was nothing apart from maybe 3 weeks. We need him in there as he totally changes the way defences can match up to us.

Saint Spike
22.02.2008, 07:34 PM
Though I'd send this back to the top with some tidbits of Saints information from the last week, in which we have been very active, surprising really.

Zach Thomas and Dan Morgan visited the Saints on Wednesday and Monday respectively.

Adam Schefter of NFL Network is reporting that initial estimates of New Orleans having $27 million cap space were way off, he thinks it is just under $40 million. That's massive news for us, especially our offseason hopes. We could afford to fill all needs, sign all our draft picks, and even splurge on some luxuries we have no major need for, and still have some left over.

DraftDaddy.com is reporting we are showing interest in Chargers RB Michael 'Burner' Turner. They also think we are top choice for him, as their sources think Deuce's rehab is not going well. :(

Rotoworld thinks we are one of the massive list of teams competing for Alge Crumpler.

Lito Sheppard's history in man coverage, and the fact the Eagles are looking to deal him, could well mean we might move for him.

The fact that Asamogha and Trufant were tagged means the two top corners for the Saints to look at in FA are gone. We could pay massive money for Asante Samuel or risk it on Drayton Florence. We need a cornerback out of free agency regardless of what happens in the draft.

That's all for now.
We our name being spun around the league for various reasons I have no doubt we have begun a very productive offseason.

wow, i had no idea we had that much cap space :o

I really hope duece doesnt have to call it a day though, that would be such a shame.

If we can't snap up ZT then i'd quite happily settle for J Vilma.
i hope we dont go for Samuel though as hed probrably want waay to much money, but then again needs must and all that !
How about splashing the cash on Moss, he'd compliment Colston perfectly !

I dont watch college football so im a bit stuck when it comes to knowing who we should go for in the draft. ???

It definately sounds like a busy off-season but a very positive one at least :)

evilmoo
23.02.2008, 01:45 AM

That's all for now.

I really hope duece doesnt have to call it a day though, that would be such a shame.

i hope we dont go for Samuel though as hed probrably want waay to much money, but then again needs must and all that !

I dont watch college football so im a bit stuck when it comes to knowing who we should go for in the draft. ???

There a lot of good cornerbacks in this draft, so as long as the first pick is a CB we should be good

diceman18
23.02.2008, 08:12 AM
But which CB do you reckon is the best in the draft (assuming he is available at 10) Mayock surprisingly had Brandon Flowers (great name) as his top corner.

zorro37
23.02.2008, 09:59 AM

That's all for now.

There a lot of good cornerbacks in this draft, so as long as the first pick is a CB we should be good

I think the opposite, until the combine is over, there is not much between any of the top CBs. The consensus top 4 players are Aquib Talib, Mike Jenkins, Leodis McKelvin, and Dominique Rodgers Cromartie.

I am not opposed to taking any of them, but unless any time under 4.3 and put a 42+ vertical, of which DRC is most capable, but also the most raw. Any CB is a reach at the minute.

With our second round pick, unless about 15 CBs are taken before us, we will get a quality starter.
We are better looking at LB, DT or even DE at 10 unless we trade down.

On another note I just saw the best mock draft so far:

TRADE
NE trades #7 (1) to NO for #10 (1) and #78 (3)
I am as positive as one can get that New England will trade down from this spot. They don’t like paying rookies big money, period. However, there won’t be many teams looking to trade up from the teens and 20’s, thus they settle for the 10th pick. Denver is a possibility but they don’t have a 3rd already, and they need a run stuffer.

7 - NO (f/NE) - Sedrick Ellis - DT - USC

Every time I watched the Saints this past year, I came away almost embarrassed for their defensive tackles. Hollis Thomas, who should have retired awhile ago, was the best they had to offer. Will Smith and Charles Grant have a lot of talent but without a surge up the middle, who cares? I loved Ellis at USC in 2007, he rarely got the pub he deserved because of how stacked that defense was. Truth be told, Ellis was the player that opened things up for their unreal LB core and without him, many don’t even know who Lawrence Jackson is. His performance at the Senior Bowl pushed him into the top ten and the Saints will love the disruption he brings.

40 - NO - Dan Connor - LB - Penn State

Like Posluszny in 2007, Connor falls to the early 2nd. This is a tremendous value pick for the Saints and despite them not picking up any young CB talent, adding Ellis and Connor to the front seven gives this defense a bright future. Connor can play in the middle or the weak side, I’d prefer the middle if I’m New Orleans.

http://www.nfldraftcountdown.com/forum/showthread.php?t=18569

I mean that's an amazing two players. I don't care about what happens to our 3rd round pick, if we get Sed Ellis we will be improved more than getting any other player apart from Dorsey.
There isn't as much of a gap between Ellis and Dorsey as was previously thought. Dorsey has some injury doubts, but should go before him. New England will definately look to trade down.
If Connor falls, we are getting a player who can potentially replace Shanle at WLB or Simoneau in the middle. He could also be tutored by Zach Thomas or Johnathan Vilma.

That is the best case scenario out of this draft, we are both getting tremendous steals, and Ellis and Connor are two of the best defenders in college football.
Some doubts over Connor's ability could plausibly make him fall like Puz did.

Imagine that,
DL Grant, H Thomas, Ellis, Smith
LB Connor, Z Thomas, Fujita
CB D Florence (solid pickup from Chargers, better than shelling out about $100 million for Asante Samuel)
CB M McKenzie
S Kevin Kaesviharn, Roman Harper.

Now that's just 4 players replaced, and we would probably pickup another DL, another LB, another CB, and a FS to start if KK can't win the spot.

diceman18
23.02.2008, 01:30 PM
Still, i would be worried about our secondary if we settled on someone like drayton florence without looking a cb in the first two rounds, we need a real pass defender (correct me if im wrong Florence is supposedly not great in pass coverage). I mean lets face it any pick up would be a 'nice' upgrade to a 5'8 180 pound ritard.

pop290764@tiscali.co.uk
26.02.2008, 10:18 AM
Still, i would be worried about our secondary if we settled on someone like drayton florence without looking a cb in the first two rounds, we need a real pass defender (correct me if im wrong Florence is supposedly not great in pass coverage). I mean lets face it any pick up would be a 'nice' upgrade to a 5'8 180 pound ritard.

I agree but what about taking DeAgelo Hall off the dirty Birds.
Dont know if we have enough in the salaray cap for him.
I would rather we spent the money in the back field than try and go for a RB like Turner that was hinted at in an earlier post.
Its sad that Duece's rehab is not going well and we do need a between the tackle runner but i dont see that being Turner and in fact the games that Piere Thomas played he played well.

themouth18888
26.02.2008, 12:55 PM
Just a sad reminder of what we were missing last year I really hope he is back fit for next season :'(

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yRMm8SrfHCE

pop290764@tiscali.co.uk
26.02.2008, 01:21 PM
:) Great video thanks
:'(But i think we have seen him play his last game
I hope i am wrong

Saint Spike
26.02.2008, 01:34 PM
Great vid, show what we were really missing last year. :(
hope hes making a good recovery

Saint Spike
26.02.2008, 01:42 PM
Does anyone know if we are likely to be in the running to trade for Jonathan Vilma as we missed out on Zach Thomas?

I heard somewhere, think it was this thread actually ;) , that we might be going after Michael Turner of the Chargers, is there any truth in this or is it just rumour ?

Also i read on nfl.com that the Lions have released 9-year veteran cornerback Fernando Bryant, i havent really seen him play but is he someone who could come in and improve the defence or would there be a better choice coming from the draft ???
(p.s. i dont watch college football, sorry :P)

themouth18888
26.02.2008, 01:44 PM
Does anyone know if we are likely to be in the running to trade for Jonathan Vilma as we missed out on Zach Thomas?

I heard somewhere, think it wass this thread actually ;) , that we might be going after Michael Turner f the Chargers, is there any truth in this or is it just rumour ?

Also i read on nfl.com that the Lions have released 9-year veteran cornerback Fernando Bryant, i havent really seen him play but is he someone who could come in and improve the defence or would there be a better choice coming from the draft ???

Dont know if you are already on it but here is a very good site for us Saints fans it lets you know everything thats going on with the Saints. Including Draft possibiliteis, trades etc.. Its on the forums bit.

Saint Spike
26.02.2008, 01:51 PM

I heard somewhere, think it wass this thread actually ;) , that we might be going after Michael Turner f the Chargers, is there any truth in this or is it just rumour ?

Dont know if you are already on it but here is a very good site for us Saints fans it lets you know everything thats going on with the Saints. Including Draft possibiliteis, trades etc.. Its on the forums bit.

Cool, thank mate :)

zorro37
26.02.2008, 07:59 PM
Heard this nowhere else, but this site was right about Thomas, and Morgan (who we are supposed to be close to signing), so

"Sources tell Black and Gold the Saints are interested in Linebacker Jonathan Vilma and possibly Cornerback Asante Samuel.

Sources close to Black and Gold tell us that LB Jonathan Vilma may have visited the New Orleans Saints facility yesterday (Monday). If true, they can't determine if it was for a physical, workout or to discuss a contract, but they claim Vilma spent the majority of the day at the Saints facilities."
http://blackandgold.com/news/latest/new-orleans-saints-interested-in-jonathan-villma-and-asante-samuel-20080226122.html

Vilma Morgan Samuel. Saints defense instantly made better, but still no interior pass rush, which affects the outside rush, which still means bad defense.
Samuel is also supposed to be asking for 10 years 100 million 30 million guarenteed. No one is going to pay that. If we do we are stupid. Bloody Redskins making good CBs expect massive money!

Saint Spike
26.02.2008, 09:37 PM
It would be awesome if we do sign vilma, im a big fan of his.

but samuel on the other hand, im not so fond of, especially for that kinda money :o

Rob17a
27.02.2008, 06:06 PM
I know that our cap limit may have increased a little on last year but to sign Samuel for the kind of money he wants would be ridicuolus, especially if there are other CB availible in the coming draft.

diceman18
27.02.2008, 06:31 PM
40 million is alot of cap space-might as well use it on someone who is actually pretty good. Although the money he is asking for is obviously ALOT, we need more people of his qualtiy on defense to have a chance getting us anywhere near the superbowl...

right now id like this to happen....even though i think he might have had his best days as a patriot. ???