PDA

View Full Version : TE for 2010

Gritt 23
01.06.2010, 10:13 AM
Who is going to be the main man next season then? Fred David looked superb when covbering for the injured Cooley, but will he beat out Cooley for the top of the depth chart this season.

Personally, I'd like to see it (team rivalry aside), as I thought he a potential upgrade for the 'skins.

How is Cooleys rehab going, is he expected to be fully fit for training camp?

JD for breakfast
02.06.2010, 04:45 PM
Nobody knows really at this point. Cooley is probably the no. 1 guy going into pre-season (he successfully completed re-hab a while ago by the way) but with an entirely new coaching staff bringing in an entirely new offensive scheme it's pretty much a clean slate for everyone on the roster. I'm guessing we're gonna see quite a few two-TE sets from the Skins in the future, though

The_Hangman
02.06.2010, 04:49 PM
According to ---> this (http://voices.washingtonpost.com/redskinsinsider/clinton-portis/media-is-permitted-to-watch.html?wprss=redskinsinsider), Cooley may see a lot of time as the third receiver.

JD for breakfast
03.06.2010, 04:28 PM
Interesting. Plenty of teams move their tight ends around the field to create size mis-matches so why shouldn't we? Cooley and Davis are good enough athletes to line up outside or in the slot and help the receivers out. I know I do it on Madden!

my_friend_goo
09.06.2010, 09:43 PM
Dallas Clark often plays split wide for the Colts and the Patriots have utilised multiple TE sets well in the past (Shanahan spent some time learning from Belicheck during his sabbatical). I wouldn't be at all surprised to see either Cooley or Davis lined up as a split end and maybe even 3 WR 2TE sets utilising them both (would 3 TEs be a stretch with Sean Ryan in to block?).

my_friend_goo
09.06.2010, 10:20 PM
(would 3 TEs be a stretch with Sean Ryan in to block?).

Apparently so - he's been cut. Replace that with Lee Vickers, then.