PDA

View Full Version : Hopes for the new campaign

Eoin90
14.07.2010, 10:48 AM
How well do you think the mighty Titans can do this year?

I think if we can sort out the CJ situation we can make play offs at least maybe better.

Eoin

THE_TITAN
18.07.2010, 07:59 PM
Have no worries about CJ it'll all be good come the season start. In regards to how well we are going to do in the upcoming season it depends on two variable factors:

1. How well Vince Young can perform under the pressure of the starting QB role and if he can lead our team throughout an entire season like he did last season.

2. How well our defense can function with the multiple changes. With Vanden Bosch gone we will need an uproar of talent. If Derrick Morgan can perform and a few others can come in as long as that area is solid enough we have a chance.

I predict playoffs with just one of these variables and maybe even further with both.

GO TITANS!

Apocalypse445
24.07.2010, 02:27 PM
The Titans WILL win the superbowl this season - I GUARANTEE IT! :D

THE_TITAN
29.07.2010, 06:44 PM
The Titans WILL win the superbowl this season - I GUARANTEE IT! :D

I hope your right! LOL. :p

ipickthiswhiterose
08.08.2010, 08:00 PM
I'm still very worried about the defense. We've lost more than we've added and we were pretty seriously awful last year.

The offense looks pretty good and a full year of the Young/Johnson tandem with an improving receiving corps will put our offense in reasonable shape....but not good enough.

I can see the Colts doubling on us again, and frankly the Texans as well, I just think we match up poorly against them.

I do however think we'll pick up some decent scalps outside the division.

To have any chance we need to reverse last season and win our first four (all winnable) games.

I'll go with something like:

W: Raiders, Steelers, @Giants, Broncos, Eagles, Jax, @Chiefs

L: @Dallas, @Jax, @Chargers, @Phins, Skins, @Texans, Colts, Texans, @Colts

Which gives us a 7-9, and I'd say I've been reasonably optimistic. Even with the good start the Skins game and the two home divisional games will be the huge ones IMO.

gemma_d
10.08.2010, 02:15 PM
Which gives us a 7-9, and I'd say I've been reasonably optimistic. Even with the good start the Skins game and the two home divisional games will be the huge ones IMO.

By all accounts the defense is looking more settled and stronger than last year. If the Titans can avoid the sort of injuries that decimated the secondary at the start of last season they should be back to the sort of form they showed in 2008. Competition for the starting CB opposite Finnegan is fierce and both McCourty and Verner look like they will be a huge upgrade over Harper. Griffin is back to full fitness (his shoulder injury last year was far more serious than they let on at the time) so should be more like the pro-bowler of 2008 than the liability of 2009.

The loss of KB and KVB shouldn't have too big an impact. Both are in the autumn of their careers and KVB in particular wouldn't have started this year. Witherspoon is at least a like-for-like replacement for Bulluck, who will be missed more for his leadership than anything else. A bigger loss is McGrath for the first four games, particularly if Thornton isn't match fit. Marks is being singled out as one of the stand-outs of training camp so far and with him and a fit Jones the D-line should be significantly better than last year. Whether they are able to get a sustained pass rush though remains to be seen and probably depends on Morgan getting fit and on the field sooner rather than later.

The offense will, like its QB, blow hot and cold. On paper the WRs are the best since the move to Nashville and the O-line and running game, obviously, are amongst the best in the league. VY will win games for the Titans that they might be expected to lose, but is equally capable of losing games they would be expected to win. That said, this is a huge year for him and he does have a knack of winning games.

I think the Titans could do anything from 6-10 to 10-6 (at a stretch). I think the first four games are winnable and the Titans at 4-0 with their confidence high could be formidable. If Johnson stays healthy and Ringer/Blount/(Stefan) Johnson provide adequate back-up then I would have thought that 8-8 or 9-7 is likely. If they do start well though I wouldn't rule them out as play-off contenders.

Hyperion
26.08.2010, 03:52 AM
I'm still very worried about the defense. We've lost more than we've added and we were pretty seriously awful last year.

The offense looks pretty good and a full year of the Young/Johnson tandem with an improving receiving corps will put our offense in reasonable shape....but not good enough.

I can see the Colts doubling on us again, and frankly the Texans as well, I just think we match up poorly against them.

I do however think we'll pick up some decent scalps outside the division.

To have any chance we need to reverse last season and win our first four (all winnable) games.

I'll go with something like:

W: Raiders, Steelers, @Giants, Broncos, Eagles, Jax, @Chiefs

L: @Dallas, @Jax, @Chargers, @Phins, Skins, @Texans, Colts, Texans, @Colts

There is absolutely no way the Titans go 1-5 in the division. The Texans aren't that good, and if anyone sweeps that I'd bet on the Titans being the team to do it. I'd be surprised if they lose to Washington as well. Most likely losses are @Dallas,@Chargers and they'll drop one Colts game.

This is a good team. I would expect anywhere between 9-12 wins.

Bevchenko
02.09.2010, 10:24 AM
I see us going 10-6.

Titan_Spuddy
03.09.2010, 02:26 PM
As long as we don't go 0-6 again then i'll be happy! :D

In all honesty, i'm hoping for a play off place.

Apocalypse445
05.09.2010, 06:30 AM
Now that i have had my crazy Joe Namath moment :D,
I do believe the Titans have a great chance to make the play-offs as a wild card behind the Colts.

I continue to be mystified as to why so many people year after year talk up the Texans, tipping them to move ahead of the Titans into 2nd in the division and the play-offs because what happens? They fail year after year.

Before that people did the same sort of talking up of the Jags with same result and no-one rates them anymore do they?

Yes the Texans do have a good passing game but they cant run the ball to save thier lives, are a one trick pony throwing to Andre Johnson and the defence is average at best.

I expect us to go 4-2 in the division with the only losses i can see being versus Cowboys, Chargers and Colts so we will finish at least 11-5.
My only worry is if we fail to sort out the pass defence cos if that is not sorted then the above wont happen so fingers crossed guys! :cool: