PDA

View Full Version : Trent Williams signed

fugitive
30.07.2010, 11:05 AM
I just got a newsflash e-mail from the Post saying "
Redskins top draft pick Trent Williams agreed to a multiyear contract early Friday and is expected to sign the deal and participate in practices today at training camp, said one of his co-representatives."

Good news - more details to follow no doubt !

fugitive
30.07.2010, 11:09 AM
A bit more detail from the Washington Post;

Redskins' top draft pick Trent Williams agrees to multiyear contract

Redskins top draft pick Trent Williams agreed to a multiyear contract early Friday and is expected to sign the deal and participate in practices today at training camp, said one of his co-representatives.
"We just got the deal done in the last couple of hours," said agent Vincent Taylor, who negotiated the deal along with Ben Dogra. "There are just a couple of things we have to still work out, a few details to work out, but Trent plans to be there [at Redskins Park] to sign it and get going."
Taylor declined to reveal terms of the deal. "I don't want to get into that at this time," he said. "All I can say about that is the Redskins were great to work with and Trent is really looking forward to getting ready for the season."
Williams, the fourth overall pick, was immediately listed at the top of the depth chart at left tackle. Coach Mike Shanahan was quickly impressed with the athleticism and footwork of the former University of Oklahoma standout.
Williams will be chiefly responsible for protecting quarterback Donovan McNabb's blind side. And with Williams's contract done, the Redskins are expected to shift their focus to completing a long-term extension for McNabb.

Harwich Hog
02.08.2010, 11:41 AM
I'm hoping this will be the biggest contract handed to a Redskin ever (even in the future).

wuds100
03.08.2010, 07:27 PM
I'm hoping this will be the biggest contract handed to a Redskin ever (even in the future).

This has just put more pressure on his shoulders,
Lets hope he can deliver and become a stud LT like Samuels.

Harwich Hog
04.08.2010, 12:23 PM
For a rookie I mean...

I don't mind us rewarding our own with bigger contracts if they're deserved.

citizenstu
05.08.2010, 11:33 AM
Do you think with this, Williams becomes the missing piece in our line, or do other positions still worry you? Does LT still worry you?

Riggo
07.08.2010, 12:50 PM
I don't think there's enough depth at o-line to make it through the whole season. And neither the passing game or running game works without a solid o-line.

The defense as a whole is good enough to keep games close. Defense won't be the problem, unless they are on the field too long.

fyodor dostoevsky
08.08.2010, 12:17 PM
the best part of $40m guaranteed for a rookie! I want a Super Bowl and pretty soon.

my_friend_goo
08.08.2010, 08:31 PM
I don't think there's enough depth at o-line to make it through the whole season.

Bingo! whilst the starters are a breath of fresh air this year, it's who's behind them that has me worried.

G_Redskin
09.08.2010, 12:00 PM
Williams can now concentrate on becoming the BEST LT he can now the $$$ matter is out of the way.

Were only going to get stronger on the O Line under Shanny so Williams is just one piece of the jigsaw. Anything would be better than last seasons O Line with the injuries and lack of talent at backup so this season should show a mark Improvement from our OL with the moves Shanny & Co have made.

With a Crappy O Line your dead in the water so maybe the rebuilding of the 2nd comming of the HOGS has just begun??

With Trent Williams & Jammal Brown we now hopefully have bookends at Tackle for years to come.