PDA

View Full Version : Colt out, Beck in

RickySanders
02.08.2010, 06:30 PM
Colt Brennan has been cut, John Beck traded in from Baltimore to compete with Rex for #2 QB job. (Doug Dutch departs to Baltimore).

my_friend_goo
02.08.2010, 09:21 PM
Who? Who? and Who?

Colt Brennan - brought the hype of his college acumen and legend with him to DC, but it failed to materialise. Granted, given another shot elsewhere he may develop, but the last two preseasons have not been a good experience for him and he may just be yet another record-setting college QB who can't make the step up. He was drafted in the 5th for a reason.

John Beck - didn't work out for him in Miami, is he really going to improve here? We shall have to see.

Doug Dutch - who?! Yeah, I know he was a DB, but that's about as far as it goes. Obviously, the Ravens see more value in Dutch than Beck, and vice versa for the Redskins. Will either player amount to anything, though?

49er1
02.08.2010, 09:57 PM
Not sure about Beck or Dutch for that matter but i guess going to a different set up can sometimes work but not often. But it matters not and worth a shot , you never know.:confused:

Harwich Hog
03.08.2010, 11:26 AM
Funny seeing all these "fan favourites" getting cut.

Riggo
04.08.2010, 01:56 AM
Colt Brennan will now be the next Trent Green.

skinsfan.uk
04.08.2010, 08:11 AM
Writing was on the wall for Colt when Zorn went - he was his project, now the Shannahans have theirs in Beck. Not sure he will amount to everything but all indications are that Dutch would not have made the team anyway so nothing lost in the trade.

my_friend_goo
04.08.2010, 06:21 PM
Colt Brennan will now be the next Trent Green.

Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha hahahahahahahahahahahahahaha!

Jack Presley
05.08.2010, 08:15 PM
As a Hawaii Warriors fan I was disappointed to see Colt go but is changing one 3rd stringer for another a big deal? Brennan was never going to get into a game and neither will Beck.

G_Redskin
09.08.2010, 11:44 AM
Im sorry to see Colt go without having playing time to see what he had to offer but I hope he lands somwhere else and eventualy gets an opportunaty to play.

Things didnt work out for Colt at the Redskins and now hes moving on, thats Football a player needs to take every opportunity and impress to keep his job. Under a new regime its hard to "fit" when you were another coaches man.

Good luck Colt where ever he ends up.

andy32uk
18.08.2010, 03:42 PM
Ahh poo, guess who bought a Colt jersey in March? :)....will put it with my Jason Taylor shirt in the attic

Redskinsno.1
18.08.2010, 07:51 PM
Ahh poo, guess who bought a Colt jersey in March? :)....will put it with my Jason Taylor shirt in the attic

Why it is still a Redskins jersey, i stil wear my Champ Bailey shirt :D

andy32uk
18.08.2010, 09:47 PM
at least champ was a drafted skin with a few seasons under his belt, unlike that toe tapping money grabbing "hybrid" LB/DE
Hopefully no more fat alberts now bruce and mike are running the show

Redants
19.08.2010, 09:00 AM
shame i liked Colt