PDA

View Full Version : Brian Westbrook

Boltonian
11.08.2010, 10:58 AM
About 2 months ago the Redskins offered Westbrook a deal, and he told them he
would get back to them with an answer, but we are now a couple of days away
from our 1st pre-season game, i know that he has played with Mcnab all his
career but he hasn't played under these coaches and i just feel its about time the
Skins said we need to know by a certain date or we will move on in a different
direction, it looks like Willie Parker is not going to make the 53 man roster, and
i think Westbrook would be a good addition for running and passing on 3rd down.
Also shanahan believes so much in practise and fitting the scheme i thought he
might be close to going in another direction anyway. Westbrook could be waiting
to see if a RB goes down in Training camp but that is not doing us any favours and
we should just say to Westbrook are you signing for us or not.

What are your views fellow Skins?

wuds100
12.08.2010, 12:51 AM
I would say that ship has now sailed,
Portis and LJ looked nailed on to be the 1-2 punch
with probably Torain beating out Parker for the third spot,
Unless we are hit with injuries which could open the door for him.

my_friend_goo
13.08.2010, 05:45 PM
I would say that ship has now sailed,
Portis and LJ looked nailed on to be the 1-2 punch
with probably Torain beating out Parker for the third spot,
Unless we are hit with injuries which could open the door for him.

Yep, I've got hopes for Ryan Torain. Shanahan Snr was very keen on him pre-injury.

G_Redskin
14.08.2010, 06:48 PM
Yep, I've got hopes for Ryan Torain. Shanahan Snr was very keen on him pre-injury.

I agree, Its early days but Torain seems to be impressing when given the chance.

Westbrooks playing the waiting Game untill he gets a chance with a Team in need of a RB through injuries, this could work out for him but could just as likely leave in the situation where he has few options & he ends up at a team with little hope of progression into the post season.

I hope we dont take the Gamble with Westbrook hes not upto speed with our Offense and theres still a doubt about his fitness, one good hit & it could be the end of his career with his concussion.

Westbrook isnt what he used to be, time has caught upto him and we have options at RB.

Gman84
16.08.2010, 05:25 PM
I think Shanny is interested because he wants a back that can catch and it's not any of the other guys strengths. I think Willie Parker struggles to make the roster regardless but if Westbrook comes in there is room for 4 guys and a fullback (likely Sellers).

skinsfan.uk
16.08.2010, 08:11 PM
If we do sign Westbrook I'd like to see him have at least 2 preseason games to see what he's got left. If it is at the expense of Torrain I'd sooner not sign him - of he can stay clear of injuries he could be a good NFL back.

my_friend_goo
17.08.2010, 08:36 PM
Westbrook isn't going to be a Redskin:

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/09000d5d819cd8bb/article/westbrook-signs-oneyear-deal-with-49ers

Not this season, anyhow.

skinsfan.uk
18.08.2010, 10:38 AM
Good fit for the Niners - I guess he knew that he'd be 3rd string with the Skins at best. Good news for Torrain and Williams as it gives them a better shot at making the team.

andy32uk
18.08.2010, 03:40 PM
Just as well, this team is rapidly turning into the "Over the hill gang" mark II