PDA

View Full Version : Is Malcolm Kelly a goner in DC

wuds100
30.08.2010, 11:53 PM
With five cuts to be made this tuesday it now looks likely
that Kelly will be one of them after him hamstring went again,
He could survive by being placed on IR but it looks in the balance.

Any thoughts on this and who the five to go will be?

skinsfan.uk
31.08.2010, 11:08 AM
I'd be very surprised if MK makes the team now - tough break for him but at some point you have to give up on him. I do think that he has bags of potential but he has not really delivered on the field and he keeps geting dinged up. We do not have the luxury of a strong WR corps and cannot carry passengers. IR or PUP is an option.

Other cuts for me will be:
B Westbrook - Tyron and Barnes have moved ahead of him IMO. His time is up.
R Robinson - who? Has he even played?
S Hodge - bottom of that WR depth chart
B Wade - he may land with another team but not sticking with us

Will be interesting to see how Shanny sees this one...

Riggo
31.08.2010, 08:43 PM
Talk is Kelly and Thomas might both be gone before opening day. That would make 2 of the 3 "great" receiving draft picks from two years ago

update: (doh!) Kelly is on IR....why bother.

fyodor dostoevsky
31.08.2010, 09:44 PM
Armstrong has embarassed Kelly and Thomas in the space of just a couple of pre-season games. I hope he makes it and quite honestly couldnt care if Thomas went. As for Kelly, what can you do. Its not his fault if his body cant cope with the physical demands. I assume he is very close to being cut, IR issues allowing.

Now, running backs....

fyodor dostoevsky
31.08.2010, 09:53 PM
see this link for 4 cuts made today, nothing to get too excited about:

http://www.redskins.com/gen/articles/Redskins_Release_Williams__Holmes__Dearth__Holmes_ 149890.jsp

one cut, Hall Davis looks to be part of some draft pick deal with the Rams. He was released within days of joining the skins.

boltonredskin
01.09.2010, 05:42 PM
Not a lot to get wildly excited about there, I agree. The big one is the cut to 53 before Saturday. How will this work, I've forgotten? Will there be one huge chop on the Saturday itself, or will players be released in small groups over the next few days as the coaches decide they are surplus to requirements?

Personally, on the WR front I'd be disappointed to see Kelly and Thomas cut. Thomas has not shown as much as those he has been competing with, but it still seems early to be writing him off. As fyodor quite rightly points out though, Armstrong's emergence this pre-season has really made this cut difficult, and the unexpected competition has been a real bonus for the Skins. As for Kelly, well, he has loads of potential that is for sure, and has been the victim of some very bad luck. Personally, I just think it's a shame: I always really feel for young players who work hard and show flashes of doing something very good, but just cannot stay healthy.

G_Redskin
02.09.2010, 10:46 AM
Kelly is on IR so for now he needs to get fit & come back 100% for next season. Even then hes not guranteed still to be here. Its sad to see him strugle with injuries but if he cant step up & deliver then sooner or later he will be cut.

I think Thomas will not only be here come the final cut but he will be a major part of our WR corps. I get the feeling Shanny knows what Thomas can do and hes giving the other WRs chance to show what theyve got.

Shanny has got EVERYONE fighting for their place, competition is good :D

The Game against Arizona will be a make or break one for some players, its time to step up and make a play or two or fizzle out & get cut.