PDA

View Full Version : Albert Haynesworth

Bevchenko
07.09.2010, 07:24 PM
The Redskins and Titans are in discussions about a trade of DT Albert Haynesworth.

Would you take him back?

Discuss.

THE_TITAN
08.09.2010, 04:29 PM
I'd take him back he loves the scheme we're running here aqnd is most successful. Plus most of his wages have been paid to him already by the 'Skins.

The_Hangman
08.09.2010, 05:44 PM
What would ye all be willing to part with to get him?

It seems the Titans have offered a fourth round draft pick, while the Redskins are holding out for a second.

gemma_d
08.09.2010, 06:25 PM
A fit and motivated Albert Haynesworth would be an asset to any team but I am really not sure that is what the Titans would be getting. For all his talent he has proven himself time and time again to be a disruptive influence and someone who does things for himself rather than his team. I don't buy into the theory that he would come back to the Titans with something to prove, because that's exactly what was said when he joined the Redskins. At the moment the Titans D-line appears to be a talented, tight-knit group that works well together. Haynesworth could enhance that; he could also blow it apart.

THE_TITAN
08.09.2010, 09:40 PM
I don't think he is a disruptive influence to the team just himself. He is a good teamate I belive, if he wasn't so many players wouldn't praise him and McNabb wouldn't come out and say he is good in the locker room. He wont be able to blow apart any D-line Washburn runs be assured of that. I buy into the theory that he has something to prove because now he has his money its his personal goal to become a HOF player and if he comes back and dominates for the rest of his career it is achievable I think he has a much greater chance in Nashville than D.C.

gemma_d
09.09.2010, 06:47 AM
I hope you're right, though it sounds like a moot point now anyway (though anything anyone says from either front office at the moment should probably be taken with a pinch of salt.) I still think that the only years he was truly dominant were the ones he was playing for this contract, but I would love to proved wrong (either in Nashville or Washington). It sounds like other players on the Titans defense aren't too keen on the thought of him returning though:

http://www.tennessean.com/article/20100908/SPORTS01/100908074/2161

THE_TITAN
09.09.2010, 03:45 PM
They aren't going to be keen cause he'll probably take their place but competition is always good in my mind. :)